300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
    They chose it for us? We can't chose our self?
    When did you apply?
    I'm VRA 18-2 so 12/1/18.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJ_Jersey View Post

haha yeah man, I just didn't show up there and demand a CBPO fitness exam. They had asked you when applying what areas you would like to perform these phases in so I chose Newark because I live there.
      Oh ok, I did the same thing. When I went thru the assessment, when you initially apply. I thought they might send you an email saying when you will like to take it and where. As we did for the Entrance Exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post

Oh ok, I did the same thing. When I went thru the assessment, when you initially apply. I thought they might send you an email saying when you will like to take it and where. As we did for the Entrance Exam.
        They will give you the location and yes, they will ask what your availability is and they will schedule you an appointment per your availability.

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ok cool! Thanks Bro. And good luck with your process. Just hope I do good on PFT when I get the call. I am worried about the Steps part.

• I noticed some of you guys took the fitness the same week of the medical, I took my medical 1/30 and haven't heard anything in regards to the fitness

Comment

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          I think every situation is different. There was about 1 month between my medical and pft-1

• JeJe
          JeJe commented
          Editing a comment
          e-mail them and tell them so. i bet you that they will schedule you right away. they are very busy and if you don't nudge them they won't notice until months later. i had both same day

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it .. thank you

• Polygraph tomorrow the 2/8. The application process was so slow at first and everyday I wished it moves quicker. Then, it moves so quick now I feel like I'm not ready for it. I've been stressing a lot the passed few days, knowing that just telling the truth may not help me pass the exam. Just want to let it out in here to help me relieve a bit.

I have just posted my timeline for the first time, hope it's helpful for anyone on this wait boat.
        17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
        08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
        09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
        09/21/17 - NOR
        10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
        10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
        10/23/17 - Medical Exam
        10/30/17 - Fitness Test
        11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
        11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
        12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
        12/22/17 - e-QIP released
        01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
        01/06/18 - SI - Passed
        2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
        B I - Pending
        Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          GNg I'm out of the Chicago area right now but I applied for Houlton, so I don't understand what the hold up is.

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          GNg Keep us updated! Good luck!

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          GD1R90 I think this is the end for me. I didn't know if he completed the entire exam but he accused me for attempted to cheat the result, even though he sounded like I didn't lie the answers. He said it will be up to the upper's decision to give me a second chance or other determinations. I was being calm the entire course of the exam. The only thing I can think of was having normal body movements from the severe discomfort caused by the measuring equipment. I almost cried out as I defended myself. However, he wasn't rude to me the entire time or pushed me further.

As concerned and happened eventually, being truthfulness is useless. The worst part is that I was told a failed result for manipulating the exam, instead of unfavorable or inconclusive. I am now just anticipating their next contact. Good luck everyone
          Last edited by GNg; 02-08-2018, 11:00 PM.

• JAK060813
          JAK060813 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't be discouraged until you get the final result. You never know.

• Does anyone know the polygraph locations. I am 17- 6 and have yet to hear news about my polygraph scheduling

Comment

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should've selected a location on your initial application. Where are you from?

• RGC1988
          RGC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Normally they'll pick a location close to you. I'm from Mississippi and i took my polygraph in New Orleans, LA, which is like 45 minutes away

• Anyone happen to have any luck rescheduling SI? Mine got scheduled for the same day as a mandatory company meeting at my current employer that has been planned for months. I asked if it was possible to reschedule but haven't heard anything yet. I'm pretty screwed either way I go on this, my application is automatically removed if I don't go to SI and my current employer doesn't know I am in hiring process yet so to dump that and the fact I have to miss the meeting will really **** them off.

Comment

• dalie_utcc
          dalie_utcc commented
          Editing a comment
          Try to contact Minneapolis Hiring Center as soon as you can, either email or call them to reschedule. My SI was done in about 1.30 hour, walked in-out. If yours is scheduled very early morning and your meeting is a little later, then you should be okay.

• Hunter23
          Hunter23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok that's good to know, I emailed them back within 20 minutes of seeing the email Monday morning asking if it's possible to reschedule but haven't heard anything so just curious if anyone else had rescheduled and had no problems.

Unfortunately my meeting starts at 7AM and lasts all day so there's no getting around it really.

We'll see, hopefully they get back to me tomorrow morning but just found the number to call so I'll call tomorrow if I don't see an email.
          Last edited by Hunter23; 02-07-2018, 03:28 PM.

• JeJe
          JeJe commented
          Editing a comment
          call in sick that's what i would do.

• Hunter23
          Hunter23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I spoke too soon. Ended up getting a email saying it was rescheduled about 20 minutes after my last comment.

GD1R90 you were right, 1 reschedule allowed, such a relief!

• Im from South Carolina.

Comment

• RGC1988
          RGC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          contact MHC...

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to call MHC. Contact info is in the app. I'm in charlotte, nc and that's where my polygraph was at. But that's because I caught the examiner on a good time and he was traveling to another location later that week and had to pass by me anyways. I'm 17-6 and I had it in August dude.

• Cleared medical! Now I wait on a final offer!!

Comment

• Offered San Ysidro and several other Texas/AZ locations. Time from application to offer 7 months. Reciprocity of Poly and BI.

Comment

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          Which announcement were you? Was the announcement location negotiable? Thanks

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same questions as FTO Sammich, DesertRat707 what announcement # and announcement location did you applied for?

• How is the SI ?

Comment

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Super easy, you will be fine!!!

• CBPO DH GS9 17-10 announcement. Location negotiable, but that only means they offer more than 1 place. In my instance, I turned down the offer as I couldn't get geographically within 200 miles of where I wanted. FTO Sammich Jarymoly
        Last edited by DesertRat707; 02-08-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• DesertRat707
          DesertRat707 commented
          Editing a comment
          There were no options when you decline, no "second call" with better locations. I can assume that everything transfers if someone wants to try again. Your not banned.

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did Houlton based on the pay incentive and it'd be cheap as hell to live in

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          toonguy, do a housing search for Houlton. You will change your minid

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep checking the website every month, you might see something you like and apply again.

• Anyone else in Annoucement 17-11, have their poly schedule or medical review completed? I passed my SI 12/14 and since then been waiting for my polygraph and medical moved from scheduling to in review? Been in contact with the recruiter. Felt like things were really moving at first and now it’s just been a standstill.

Comment

• AbsolLysol
          AbsolLysol commented
          Editing a comment
          Jarymoly I think I know why you moved a bit faster than me, I see you applied to 17-11 Direct hire, I applied to the regular CBP Officer position. I'm just worried I haven't even taken my SI when some people take it in less than a month after submitting their BI packet, or similar. I guess you and I are in the same waiting list man, what sector did you apply for?

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          AbsolLysol after the DH application I reapplied regular CBP on 9/21. I thought it would be faster through DH but surprisingly regula CBP is the one doing my hiring process. When I call my BI asking about my Poly he told me that in some areas they're backlogged.
          Last edited by Jarymoly; 02-09-2018, 03:45 AM.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t know if this helps but there was a solid 2 months between my SI and my Poly. It appears that after the SI everything slows down very quickly.

• moquito26
          moquito26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, all depends how many examiners are available in the location you chose when applying . I had my SI on 11/7 and my poly isn't until 2/20.

• I just read the requirements, specifically CBPO 18-3 for GS 05/07, and I saw no vision requirements. Anyone have any input, on this? I saw a few other guys have mentioned about their corrective vision. I just received my NOR that I passed (1/21/18). Just looking for further. Thanks guys and good luck
        18-3
        Apply-12/30/17
        Exam-1/9/2018
        NOR-1/24/18
        Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
        Eqip Submission-2/12/18
        Medical-2/20/18-
        PFFT-3/1
        Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
        SI-4/23/2018
        Passed SI-4/24/2018
        Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
        Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
        Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• If you click on #5. Medical Requirements it will outline the minimum standards

Comment

• gaston
            gaston commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10555 users online. 471 members and 10084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X