Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do if I forgot my equip log in? Is that the same as cass?

Comment

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you no longer have access to it after you submit it

• barnes14
      barnes14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Josel1992 I think we are both 18-3 & took medical this week right?

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I took it 1/30... have you received anything in regards to the fitness

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      once you submit the E-qip you can't access it anymore unless they send it back for corrections. and when they do you can probably reset your password or just tell them you forgot it and they will help you.

• 12/15 applied 18-3
    1/10 tentative selection notice
    1/11 eqip sent in
    1/31 medical taken

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      is your 18-3 for CBPO? and is it VRA?

• barnes14
      barnes14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it's for cbpo. GS9 (law enforcement)

• how long did it take for medical to clear?

Comment

• barnes14
      barnes14 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took mine on 1/31, doctor passed me but said it takes 2 weeks usually to hear back.

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      took mine on 10/16/17. I still haven't gotten mine cleared. no medical issues that i know of but still waiting.

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      mine was on 9/25/17 nothing yet, email from medical said we received it but will review it when its turn.

• Has anyone here transfer announcements and have their completed phases transfer over? Wanted to know how that transition was and how did it reflect on the CASS website/App. I'm 18-2 currently and completed Eqip,Medical, and Fitness and for 18-3 had my score transferred over but I am still waiting for my tentative selection notice/ Applicant ID for 18-3.

Comment

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      they will transfer, but may take a week or two.

• FTO Sammich

My background finally cleared today guys! Now to wait on an EOD date! Whoever calls me first, either USBP or CBP will get me.
    Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! That is a long wait...bet you are relieved!! Still waiting here.

And some are ahead of the game I know if they are direct hire or sign a preclearance waiver.

Let us know when you get the call. You took your drug test already. I am still waiting for mine to get scheduled

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very exciting! Congrats!

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovetocamp no direct hire, I just scheduled everything as quickly as possible

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      my medical cleared! I'm waiting on an offer and EOD date as well Lovetocamp

• Originally posted by 3nf0rc3r View Post
    believe me, if you had problems with the PFT1 you won't cut it in Academy
    yeah it was a joke

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      understood

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      understood 3nf0rc3r if you are at the academy, what are some of the things they test you on down there? I'm sure running is a big part but, what are the times and what are some of the other things that you know of?

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Elgin_87 sprints, the confidence course...

• So anyone here going to FLETC on 2/22/18? Care to pm me if you are?

Comment

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      August 17? I don't remember the announcement number

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      boconnor ok that could be 17-9, 17-10 maybe....i'm 17-7

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations.. 6 months is not bad. I haven't heard anything since December 20th, when I passed the PFT1.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of my stuff carried over from a previous application so you can't really go by my timeline

• Originally posted by moquito26 View Post
    How is the PT at the academy? Do you do group or individual PT daily? My job requires a 16:15 1.5 mile run and 32 push ups every year and was just wondering how much I need to prepare for the academy.
    no clue, we were talking about the fitness test.

Comment

• moquito26
      moquito26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, asked the wrong person. Was trying to get info from the person who commented on your thread that is at the academy right now. I practiced for PFT-1 but ultimately got it waived because I applied under VRA. Good luck with the rest of the process.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's probably me. Can you run the 1.5mi in 15:00 or less? If you can do that, a 220m sprint under 45secand the push ups you'll be fine for FLETC. Nothing you do down here is very hard PT wise.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      it was me... and I echo what ES90 said

• To anyone looking to get hired ASAP:

if if I were you, I would consider also applying to the Border Patrol Agent vacancy as well. It’s been a while since I got hired (2011), but patterns show that people who apply to both usually complete the process for both quicker than applicants who only apply to OFO. This is due to the fact that MHC would usually choose background investigations to start for those applicants who applied to USBP first due to the increased hiring push for PA’s.

When my BI began, I was called by MHC saying it was for my BPA application. My case also showed that only my BPA application status had a BI in the process, whereas my OFO application did not have a BI in process. Immediately after my BI was completed and approved, it automatically went to my OFO application. Then within the next 3 weeks, I got called consecutively for my PFT 1, Medical (OFO), and Oral Board. Then about 1.5 months later I was received the job offer and was in Pre-Academy before I even blinked.

Moral of the story: even if you don’t want to work for USBP, you should still apply because there is a high chance it will speed up your hiring process and get you the job of your dreams. Also gives you training and experience with job interviews and processing. I don’t know how it is these days, but back in 2011, the oral board for US Border Patrol was 50 times more intimidating than the OFO oral board.

Feel free to ask me questions. Good luck.

Comment

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually took both exams and only passed CBPO somehow. So as much as I would love toooo...won't happen

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh, I don't know about this.
      I applied last April. I scored 95+ on both exams, slammed the poly in one go, and got through the rest of the pre-employment steps in 3 months. I also applied through VRA announcements.
      The field portion of my BI started in October, and I met with my investigator in mid December. I'm still waiting for it to clear.
      Admittedly I have a good bit of foreign travel, foreign contacts and multiple addresses in my background, so I didn't expect it to go quickly.

If you have a simple BI with no issues and you've been in 1 job in 1 place forever, yea you'll get hired quick.

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a 73 on the CBPO exam and I never got a score back from Border Patrol exam.

• for those US Customs Officers in the forum, do you have to provide your name or badge number when a citizen asks for it??
    Go wildcats!

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why? Why not?

One's last name should be prominently displayed on the uniform. Badge numbers are not openly displayed.

If my last name is not sufficiently satisfying for the public, I'd send them to speak with a supervisor. If he wants them to have my badge number, he can give it to them.

• Originally posted by CG1790 View Post
    Just received NOR for 18-4 VRA. Check your email. I was found (EL) eligible. 5 points Vet Pref adjudicated, so I guess I’m good to go? No numerical score.
    any chance you are going out for the NY/NJ area?
    Last edited by RJ_Jersey; 02-06-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• CG1790
      CG1790 commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative. Even if NY/NJ were my only options, I wouldn’t take them.
      Last edited by CG1790; 02-06-2018, 12:45 PM.

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      CG1790 why?

• Hello, everyone. 17-12 VRA here. I am waiting on polygraph and signed the provisional clearance form. The big issue is that I have a bad eye sight, real bad. I Got my vision done and it's not 20/100 uncorrected. I am more than willing to do the Lasik (setting up the consultation appointment after this). Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and how they went about it. Thanks!

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really the same circumstances, but I asked about having Lasik done while in the process of waiting. I was told there must be a 6 month healing period after you get it done before you can accept any offer from CBP. For example, if you got the call 3 months after getting it done you would have to reapply.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have 20/100 but I was accepted due to a doctor's note and previous work experience + 20/20 vision with glasses

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      you will have to wait six months after lasik. i got mine done long time ago. 20/20 and 20/25 in the other but sometimes it can test 20/20.

• I had a similar situation. My uncorrected vision was never testef during the exam. A few months after my exam,MHC sent me a request for my VA disability info and a form to be filled out by my eye doc. Tested at 20/150 in one and 20/200 in a other. A week or so after I uploaded the forms, my medical showed green in the app

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same eye doc form... had him fill it out and sent it in = medical turned green and here I am

• moquito26
      moquito26 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the request for more records and eye exam really slowed my progress. I applied on 8/1, took my SI on 11/7 and finally got my poly date for 2/20. Other people in 17-10 are way ahead of me.

• Acenall
      Acenall commented
      Editing a comment
      moquito26 I am 17-9 and still have not had a call to schedule my poly.

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
    Sup RJ, what was the place you took your PFT? I am also from NJ and near Newark I applied for 18-4 CBPO.
    Ironbound Medical in Newark. I am from North Newark which is why it worked out. They chose the place for me.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      They chose it for us? We can't chose our self?
      When did you apply?
      Last edited by d2ep; 02-06-2018, 06:57 PM.

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
    They chose it for us? We can't chose our self?
    haha yeah man, I just didn't show up there and demand a CBPO fitness exam. They had asked you when applying what areas you would like to perform these phases in so I chose Newark because I live there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9364 users online. 439 members and 8925 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X