Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who passed the poly. What do you think you did or not that helped passed the poly besides telling the truth? Like body movement and emotions. The machine and tester apparently don't care if you are telling the truth or being honest.
    Last edited by GNg; 01-29-2018, 02:47 AM.
    17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
    08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
    09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
    09/21/17 - NOR
    10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
    10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
    10/23/17 - Medical Exam
    10/30/17 - Fitness Test
    11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
    11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
    12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
    12/22/17 - e-QIP released
    01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
    01/06/18 - SI - Passed
    2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
    B I - Pending
    Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Ready, willing, openly honest. Ask questions about stuff, it can't hurt.

• Odox002
      Odox002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they say as long as you tell the truth you will pass, but they don't care, they just want to see what you say and penalize you for what you told them even if its the truth.

• So I checked the CASS app this weekend and my Poly updated to passed but BI says pending - unsuitable. I haven't heard anything from them yet but I'm hoping its just an error. It also says if found unsuitable they would contact me by email which I haven't received. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Comment

• Acenall
      Acenall commented
      Editing a comment
      "@GD1R90 I'm rooting for ya! seems like too many people on this forum are falling out."
      I'm rooting for you too! I've enjoyed following your process.
      Captnlee is right. Too many people are falling off. The experience you're having is why I'm nervous about the poly.

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Acenall I appreciate that. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the outcome.

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      I failed it two years ago, now i am in the second run. SI this month then poly.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      any update on this?

• If I quit my current job, will that affect my process with Customs?

Comment

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      I recall reading a FAQ for "what if I take a job while waiting for a final offer?" and it said that it doesn't necessarily affect anything but it is something to inform your background investigator about and add it when you re-certify your EQIP

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      By BI I meant your background interview,

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      No Lovetocamp not yet...

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd wait it out, at least until after your background interview. Then you won't have to explain why you're changing jobs all of a sudden. Just make sure you have a good reference for your current job.

• How long did you guys last at the initial medical ?
    Anythjng out of the ordinary I should know about before goring in ?
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      About 1.5 hrs. Just a regular check up with hearing and vision tests.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      same as Lovetocamp, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I'm on my way ...

• Those of you that have passed your background investigation. Did you guys have a home visit at all?

Comment

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      My husband got a visit to our house, the BI even had a small talk with me, then they took off somewhere else.
      Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-31-2018, 04:10 AM.

• dalie_utcc
      dalie_utcc commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it ok to ask what kind of questions the background investigator will be asking your references on his/her visit??

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, and they visited my parents too

• Matron21
      Matron21 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BI visited me and my wife at work.

• Originally posted by toonguy15 View Post
    county25 I wore shorts and a t shirt to my written tests...
    I was asking about the medical but i have completed it already so its all good.

Comment

• Good Evening All, what is the approximate wait time after you complete your medical and fitness to receive an email to schedule your SI? Thanks

Comment

• Casper_Talon
        Casper_Talon commented
        Editing a comment
        I completed my medical and fitness in September, had my SI and the ending of November. But I know of others that had the medical and fitness at the same time, and still are waiting for a SI date because of extra paperwork for the medical to clear. Just depends on your medical history I guess.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I completed 12/07/17 Medical Exam
        12/14/17 PFT-1 still waiting on SI. Both medical and PFT are green on CASS

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I completed 12/07/17 Medical Exam
        12/14/17 PFT-1 still waiting on SI. Both medical and PFT are green on CASS

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        I completed my medical test and fitness in November, had my SI on December 15.

• Originally posted by Casper_Talon View Post
      I completed my medical and fitness in September, had my SI and the ending of November. But I know of others that had the medical and fitness at the same time, and still are waiting for a SI date because of extra paperwork for the medical to clear. Just depends on your medical history I guess.
      Yup, I fall under that category. I had brought VA paperwork to my medical and of course was told that it wasnt necessary for them to fax it along with my paperwork and Lo and behold.. CHS reaches out, wanting that paperwork. haha.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to get extra paperwork for my vision and some other stuff... took me several months, but it cleared

• Acenall
        Acenall commented
        Editing a comment
        Took my Medical September 22nd, 2017
        Took my PFT1 September 25th, 2017 (passed)
        Notified October 23, 2017 that more information was required for medical (Asthma) due November 23, 2017
        Structured Interview November 30, 2017
        Notice of Results December 1, 2017 (Passed)
        Medical updated in APP as "Completed-Medically Qualified" on January 26, 2018
        I had my SI even though my medical was still pending. It cleared but as you can see, I had 4 months of agony.

• RGC1988
        RGC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told the exact same thing when i originally went in for my medical. Had the EKG paperwork and everything with no previous treatments. Even told the doctor what the previous diagnosis was. "It isnt necessary to fax it along with the paperwork". Lo and behold, CHS emails me....wanting the paperwork.....which turned into additional testing....and an unwanted medical bill lol

• ThGreatFandango
        ThGreatFandango commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel ya guys. They want paperwork for stuff when I was a kid, and those records don't exist anymore. So I have to make new appointments for some things that won't be cheap. I'm prior Fed LEO and I've never had any other agency ever go into this detail about these issues. On top of the poly fail rates, CBP is really shooting themselves in the foot with this stuff, considering how bad their hurting for people.

• Originally posted by Acenall View Post
      Took my Medical September 22nd, 2017
      Took my PFT1 September 25th, 2017 (passed)
      Notified October 23, 2017 that more information was required for medical (Asthma) due November 23, 2017
      Structured Interview November 30, 2017
      Notice of Results December 1, 2017 (Passed)
      Medical updated in APP as "Completed-Medically Qualified" on January 26, 2018
      I had my SI even though my medical was still pending. It cleared but as you can see, I had 4 months of agony.
      That is crazy how long some of these phases take to get processed. It is understandable with all the applicants but like you said it is agony with all this waiting around.

Comment

• Acenall
        Acenall commented
        Editing a comment
        If there were a schedule or a tentative start date it wouldn't be as bad. I'm currently a LEO so I'm adjusted to waiting around in processes. However, other people in my applicant class are doing things way before I am. That is what is the hardest for me. I see people who are also 17-9 but have finished their Poly and I have not even been contacted.

• moquito26
        moquito26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. I hate this waiting around for an e-mail or call. I’m 17-10, passed my SI on 11/7 and finally got the email to schedule poly last week. I kinda figured VRA applications would process quicker than this. I’m fully expecting another 3-6 month wait from the poly to getting EOD

• Acenall
        Acenall commented
        Editing a comment
        moquito26 I applied 17-9 direct hire because I thought it was a fast process. At this point I really do not know how Direct Hire, VRA, and the normal one differ. It seems to me that no matter which one you applied for, they all have the same time frame.

• Has anyone been scheduled for their poly before their medical was cleared?

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, it happened to me. medical can be pending for 6 months and more

• I completed my medical and submitted my eQip on 1/30 .. how long after the medical will I get notified for Pft1 ?

Also, what was the most challenging part of the PFT1 ?
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• FreshStart
        FreshStart commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my PFT1 a week after I had my medical. I've read on here where some took the medical and PFT1 the same day. I can honestly say the PFT1 wasn't really challenging at all. If you are apply for this job you should be able to do a decent amount of push ups and sit ups and the stepping wasn't bad at all either.

• barnes14
        barnes14 commented
        Editing a comment
        FreshStart whats your height, weight, fitness level?

I'm a short female, 5'4 and stressed about the step test.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        The most difficult things about PFT1 was the drive to the facility. Secret service and those kind of agencies are tough not CBP.
        they test both on the same day. normally.

• Anybody know if you always have to go to pre-academy before academy? do we get paid in pre-academy or only during the academy? How much do we get paid since I still have to pay some bills while I would be at FLETC

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Pre-academy is approx 2 weeks and 30 days and it is required. Yes you get paid

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 I dunno if it's different for OFO/BPA but we get one

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that there's a 4-5 dollar per day incidentals per-diem that FLETC students are allowed to claim.

Check with the support people at your port.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, there is technically, at least that's what they call it by name. You don't get it until the end.

• Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post
      I completed my medical and submitted my eQip on 1/30 .. how long after the medical will I get notified for Pft1 ?

Also, what was the most challenging part of the PFT1 ?
      I just took my PFT-1 roughly 1 hour ago. not to discredit anyone but i cant see anyone failing that, i mean even if you had a hard time, the people within the clinic would probably help you pass. The hardest part was finding parking, i live in NJ and had mine in Newark so that was a pain.

Comment

• moquito26
        moquito26 commented
        Editing a comment
        How is the PT at the academy? Do you do group or individual PT daily? My job requires a 16:15 1.5 mile run and 32 push ups every year and was just wondering how much I need to prepare for the academy.

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        moquito26 1.5 miles in 15 min not bad.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        moquito26 it really depends on your instructor, but be prepared to do a lot of running, both on your own and as a group

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        Sup RJ, what was the place you took your PFT? I am also from NJ and near Newark I applied for 18-4 CBPO.

• Anybody have any good news? Still waiting.....
      17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
      5/10/17 - Exam
      5/19/17 - Exam NOR
      5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
      6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
      7/05/17 - Medical Exam
      7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
      7/26/17 - PFT 1
      8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
      8/25/17 - SI
      8/26/17 - SI NOR
      11/29/17 - Polygraph
      12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
      12/21/17 - BI Interview
      2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
      3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
      5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• barnes14
        barnes14 commented
        Editing a comment
        What date did you guys get your selection letter and start the process?

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Background finally cleared today. Awaiting update on drug test now

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        GD1R90 , mine was about a week after poly.

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        FTO Sammich Thank you.

• Applying for the GS-9 position 18-4 posting...how long roughly is it taking to get actually hired now?
      Hopefully one day.......

"To do something you've never done, you must be willing to give something you've never given."

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        17-11 and never got an email like that one.

• CG1790
        CG1790 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just received NOR for 18-4 VRA. Check your email. I was found (EL) eligible. 5 points Vet Pref adjudicated, so I guess I’m good to go? No numerical score.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        six to eight months if you are lucky. a year to two years if you get forgotten about here and there.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        So far I havent heard anything since applying to the 18-4 Direct Hire announcement

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4848 users online. 193 members and 4655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X