• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief update for the 18-1 Direct Hire Southern Border

11/08/17 NOR GS-9
    11/09/17 EQIP completed
    11/16/17 EQIP release to OPR
    11/20/17 Medical done (not yet cleared in the CASS)
    12/07/17 Polygraph reciprocity approved (USSS SA)
    12/12/17 PFT-1 Passed
    12/13/17 SI at Dulles Airport
    12/14/17 NOR for the SI passed
    12/29/17 BI called and appointment made
    01/03/18 Met with BI
    01/12/18 BI was completed sent for approval and adjudication
    BI pending results
    Drug test pending

The BI said that it takes a couple of weeks for his supervisors to go over a file and then they will forward it to the adjudication panel. He said to check in 3 weeks to see if it has been completed and approved. Now with the shutdown, who knows? Lets keep positive.

Comment

• MALAMBO83
      MALAMBO83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I completed all the process with the USSS SA all the way to home visit an the end of September and it has been crickets since then. That is why I have kept with other applications.

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, thanks

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would you go from SS to CBP? My plan is to go the other way around. CBP > SS

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovetocamp- just remember that you will have to check the acknowledge button for resetting pay grade- I'm not sure what level you are applying to but the SS posting is a GL-09 job so if you exceed that you will be reset to that pay grade again. just food for thought

• I had my poly in October, it updated to pass and I didnt hear back from anyone. I checked the app today and under background investigation it shows "pending- unsuitable" I haven't heard from anyone still, what does this mean?

Comment

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never got an email confirming that I passed the poly. it simply updated on the app to pass. I never heard from a BI, never got an email from anyone until today. The email states:

Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation which is a condition of employment. We have been notified by The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) that you are not suitable for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer. Therefore, your tentative offer of employment is withdrawn because you have been deemed unsuitable for the position pursuant to 5 C.F.R. Part 731.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that milushka22 they must've found something they didn't like on your preliminar background (credit history, public record, etc)... email your recruiter and try to find out the reason.
      Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-25-2018, 11:52 PM.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your timeline?

• Odox002
      Odox002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah.... this process is bull**** lol.

• When u submitted your eqip did you guys get a confirmation email or anything ?

Comment

• dalie_utcc
      dalie_utcc commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope!! You won't get anything until they send your background packet to OPR then you will get an NOR email... It's kinda scary.

If you like, you can contact your case manager and find out if they have received it yet...

• Hey i have my poly coming up in a few days. What should I expect from the process and is there any advice on what to do or not do in terms of staying calm and trying to avoid anxiety?

Comment

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      tysho21. They will ask you if you have done any research into polygraphs. Be careful what you look up or ask here on q forum

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just don't lie its as simple as that.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't done any research about it but here you can read all kind of stuffs and can't be undone. Stuffs like the high volume of ppl failing the test. That's scary!!!
      Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-25-2018, 09:13 PM.

• Goodluck to everyone on their process.
    Last edited by annuitcoeptis; 01-27-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• karinka2002
      karinka2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      annuitcoeptis I am sorry to hear that ( Sounds like there is still a chance they might ask you to come back for another test. Mine was rescheduled for 30 and now I am a bit scared. I have not committed any serious crimes either but it might not matter at all (

• Odox002
      Odox002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same experience for me, i failed. Passed police poly's before... CBP needs to do something about this polygraph test.

• "As part of the effort, CBP will shift from recruiting locally to nationwide. Recruiters across the country will focus first on filling Arizona vacancies."

CBP sure is hurting right now....

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Another case of the union looking out for the union...

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe this will give way to less stringent polygraphs- there was a special hiring authority request for waiving the Polygraph for a larger amount of people for BP based on some criteria that i cannot recall right now, but maybe it will follow over to CBPOs

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Well then just hire me already!!!

• Hello everyone. My question is this new contract company that was hired to help with CBP hiring, what is their job exactly because as I can see the process is still slow.

Comment

• BG12345
      BG12345 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! $297 million spent! At 39K a hire! When are we going to see some changes?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with that.
      I'll bet that we see few meaningful changes out of that contract and that it will have no meaningful influence on any current applicant.

• Just wanted to update everyone (that cares) on where I am in the process:

I applied for the 17-9 Direct Hire to Douglas AZ. on July 31st, 2017
    I took my written August 14, 2017
    Received my NOR August 21st, 2017 (Passed with 84)
    Received my Tentative Selection letter September 6th, 2017
    Submitted my E-quip due on 9/17/17 on September 15th, 2017
    Took my Medical September 22nd, 2017
    Took my PFT1 September 25th, 2017 (passed)
    Notified October 23, 2017 that more information was required for medical (Asthma) due November 23, 2017
    November 1, 2017 E-quip rejected for correction (resubmitted Nov. 2, 2017)
    November 16, 2017 E-quip sent to OPR
    Structured Interview November 30, 2017
    Notice of Results December 1, 2017 (Passed)
    Medical updated in APP as "Completed-Medically Qualified" on January 26, 2018
    Poly is pending
    Background is in Process
    Drug Test is Scheduling in Progress
    I have not heard anything other than this.
    CBPO 17-9 DH for Douglas AZ:
    7/31/17: Applied
    8/17/17: Exam
    8/21/17: NOR
    9/6/17: Selection Letter, Douglas AZ
    9/17/17 EQIP Submitted
    9/22/17: Medical
    9/25/17 PFT1( Passed)
    10/23/17: further medical info required (updated passed in app 1/26/18)
    11/16/17: EQIP released to OPR
    11/30/17 SI
    12/1/17: SI results
    3/19/18: Polygraph/ Inconclusive
    5/4/18: Polygraph / Same place (Detroit) and same examiner
    5/21/18 Passed Poly/ Equip re-certify sent in 5/22/18
    6/11/2018: Met with Investigator

Comment

• So I took my poly and to my surprise failed because of the serious crimes question which is baffling seeing that I have a clean background. Investigator seemed liked a nice person but was trying to get me to admit to things I never did even telling me stories about previous candidates to try to persuade me. Investigator told me I failed and it was up to QC to decide. Anyone heard of QC passing people after failure and how long does it usually take before I get offered a retest?

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That'd be interesting to know as well. Also, which city did you test?

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        If you fail there's no retake. You can reapply after 2yrs. If your poly was "inconclusive" then they will call you for a second appointment, but only if it was inconclusive not failing.

Now I've heard of ppl getting a verbal "fail" which can serve as a distraction and at the end they passed.

• I had my medical today and had brought all my VA paperwork for my disability claim but the exam center stated they did not need it from me. I see that people have 'medical requested more documents' later in their process on their timelines, is that from exam centers being lazy and not collecting the said documents or something entirely different?

Comment

• Acenall
        Acenall commented
        Editing a comment
        I had all my paperwork filed out. I listed Asthma on the form that I took to my medical. The doctor went over the form with me and then submitted it. A month later I received an email stating they needed more information because it was discovered i have asthma. Attached to that email were a few more forms. I took them to my doctor and she went over them with me. Basically just a more in depth questionnaire. As in "do you believe this candidate can walk a certain distance?" "Is the candidate able to stand for long periods of time?"
        My medical cleared today but i submitted it in November. They just want to make sure you can do the job.
        So to answer, Its not them being lazy. Its just Customs covering themselves.

• It was a verbal fail but was asked if I got offered a chance to come in again if I would to which I said yes after QC revision

Comment

• Originally posted by Acenall View Post
        I had all my paperwork filed out. I listed Asthma on the form that I took to my medical. The doctor went over the form with me and then submitted it. A month later I received an email stating they needed more information because it was discovered i have asthma. Attached to that email were a few more forms. I took them to my doctor and she went over them with me. Basically just a more in depth questionnaire. As in "do you believe this candidate can walk a certain distance?" "Is the candidate able to stand for long periods of time?"
        My medical cleared today but i submitted it in November. They just want to make sure you can do the job.
        So to answer, Its not them being lazy. Its just Customs covering themselves.
        Oh ok, that is understandable.

I just figured me bringing all my documents they would've taken it and it was a sketchy place here in NJ so I had asked if they had CBP guys in the past in which they said "yes but its been awhile" I have a feeling CBP is going to want my VA disability forms, just annoying that I brought it and with CBP most likely wanting those documents later it will prolong my process. It is what it is.

Comment

• Acenall
          Acenall commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I said the same thing. If i knew they would want extra documents, I could have just had those filled out and ready to go. I never tried to hide anything. But like you said. It is what it is.

• Back to waiting after this shutdown, and another week gone by without my background being cleared.

FTO Sammich, how you doing bud? You're my buddy in this waiting hell we are in the same boat. I'm usually on the CBP delphi forums though.
        Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't you have like some VA paperwork to clear or something?

• RGC1988
          RGC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          i had to get additional testing for an abnormal EKG from 2014 i just so happen to put on the initial paperwork ....trying to be honest about everything lol

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          I mentioned on the papers about minor surgeries like Kidney stones and I know thats gonna delayed my medical review, but like u said RGC1988 Im just being honest.
          Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-30-2018, 04:20 AM.

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I've been waiting since November for a polygraph date

• Lovetocamp , I’m right there with you with another week of nothing. Maybe next week. My BI contacted me last week to discuss some things from long ago. So that more than likely means even more time before I find out something.
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
        6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview
        2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• JAK060813
          JAK060813 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 here too. I met with my BI beginning of December. I have not taken my Drug test yet. I did get a call from my BI last week. He needed to come speak to someone concerning my passport and needed to talk to another neighbor. I didn't sign a pre-clearance waiver. I hope to hear something soon too! Even if it's just to take the Drug Test.

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I wouldn't be bitching like I am now if I met with my BI in December. I met him in september...

I'll keep posting til I get an update though. I sent cbp hiring an email again yesterday. The border patrol hiring center responds within the next day. She even calls me too. Cbp takes forever.
          Last edited by Lovetocamp; 01-27-2018, 05:05 PM.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          Waiting since September?! Man my nerves are shot as it is haha. I hope you hear something soon. I hope we all hear something soon.

• EnforceTheLawBro
          EnforceTheLawBro commented
          Editing a comment
          I met with my investigator January 2, 2018. I was really hoping I’d hear something back to start the academy on March but it’s dragging. I had 3 different investigators call me and meet with some of my references. 1 of my 3 personal references have met with one of the BI’s. I don’t know what’s taking so long, but i thought it’s go by fast since I work for a county jail and haven’t had many employers, arrest, residences, etc.

• How do I update the bottom of my post to show my timeline like the rest of yall? I cant find anything in profile settings for signature update or anything.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          It's in there it's just rather inconspicuous. Took me a while to find it. If you go to edit settings it'll be under the account tab. It's a hyperlink that'll take you to a text box.

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          Same question I had...lol

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Loveto camp!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5412 users online. 181 members and 5231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X