Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is normally a good rule of thumb to wear a suit for any phase but with that being said, would it be inconvenient to wear one for the medical?

Comment

• FreshStart
      FreshStart commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore suit to everything but Medical/Fitness. It was at a contracted facility that had nothing to do with the hiring process.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      My poly is in a couple weeks. I wore a polo/slacks to the written test. I wore a polo/slacks to the medical exam. I wore gym clothes to the fitness test. I wore a suit to the interview. I intend to wear a suit to the polygraph and if he asks me to remove my jacket and tie- so be it. At least I showed up looking good and I will probably leave a good impression. Remember, a polygraph is still an interview and this person will have a heavy influence on where you stand in the hiring process.

Anyhow, good luck all.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been through some parts of the process twice already so I've done it a little different. Written test as it's contracted out to a small location was jeans and at shirt. Interview and poly was suit and tie. Medical, PFT and drug test as they were at the same contracted out medical facility was casual. Jeans or shorts. Plus I was told originally when I got the call the first time comfortable clothes was fine. BI meeting was probably my work uniform as I was coming from work.

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      county25 I wore shorts and a t shirt to my written tests...

• Just because I like comparing them here is my timeline:

Announcement 17-11/ VRA 17-12
    Applied: 9/26/17
    Waived exam
    Tentative selection: 10/4/17
    eQIP released: 10/11/17
    PFT-1/ Medical: 10/16/17
    PFT-1 Pass: 10/17/17
    Medical Pass: ???
    SI: 11/28/17
    SI Pass: 11/29/17
    Fingerprints requested: 12/3/17
    Fingerprints received: 12/8/17
    Poly: ???
    BI: ???
    Final Offer: ???

Comment

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn, good for you. Among all of us, you are going the fastest. What FO you from?

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing you're at 33% of completion cause that's where I am and your timeline is like mine.

9/10/17 Applied announcement 17-11 Direct Hire

9/21/17 Applied announcement 17-11
      9/29/17 Entrance Exam
      10/25/17 Letter Vacancy for both applications
      10/26/17 e-QIP submitted
      10/30/17 Medical- In Progress, reviewing medical results
      11/14/17 Fitness test passed
      11/17/17 e-QIP released to OPR
      11/28/17 e-QIP rejected
      11/29/17 e-QIP released to OPR/completed
      12/15/17 SI & fingerprints completed
      12/19/17 NOR SI passed
      Poly- PENDING
      Drug Test- Scheduling in Progress
      Background Check- In Process
      Final Offer- Pending

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha Im still slumming it at %33 percent. I don't know why medical is taking so long I have emailed twice and they keep saying nothing is wrong. And I am out of the Savannah, GA area.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Captnlee I emailed them yesterday, hoping I'll get an answer SOON!!

• 17-10 SOUTHERN BORDER

NOR: 08/22/17
    TSL: 09/06/17
    PROVISIONAL CLEAR FORM: 09/19/17
    FITNESS: 09/28/17
    EQIP RELEASED TO OPR : 12/18/17
    SI: 01/08/18
    SI NOR: 01/09/18 - PASSED
    BACKGROUND : IN PROGRESS
    POLY: PENDING
    DRUG TEST: IN PROCESS
    FINAL OFFER : PENDING

Any others on 17-10???? how are we doing guys

Comment

• AbsolLysol
      AbsolLysol commented
      Editing a comment
      Not 17-10 but 17-11, Southern Texas Border. Here is my timeline, which is incredibly slow.

17-11 Announcement

09/21/17 - Entrance Examination
      10/05/17 - NOR's
      10/25/17 - Tentative Selection Letter
      10/26/17 - BI Packet (eQIP registration code)
      11/02/17 - Medical Screening
      11/05/17 - BI Packet and forms submitted
      11/10/17 - PFT1
      11/21/17 - Medical and Fitness updated to passed on app
      SI - ????
      BI - ????
      Poly - ????
      Drug - ????
      Final offer - ????

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my timeline and I'm desperate...

9/10/17 Applied announcement 17-11 Direct Hire

9/21/17 Applied announcement 17-11
      9/29/17 Entrance Exam
      10/25/17 Letter Vacancy for both applications
      10/26/17 e-QIP submitted
      10/30/17 Medical- In Progress, reviewing medical results
      11/14/17 Fitness test passed
      11/17/17 e-QIP released to OPR
      11/28/17 e-QIP rejected
      11/29/17 e-QIP released to OPR/completed
      12/15/17 SI & fingerprints completed
      12/19/17 NOR SI passed
      Poly- PENDING
      Drug Test- Scheduling in Progress
      Background Check- In Process
      Final Offer- Pending

• Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
    I wore suit to everything but Medical/Fitness. It was at a contracted facility that had nothing to do with the hiring process.
    Ok Thanks.
    Last edited by RJ_Jersey; 01-23-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captnlee View Post
      I scheduled my fitness test for an hour after my medical exam so I just wore gym clothes. Both my fitness and medical were at the same contracted facility- an urgent care next to the port of Savannah. I must have waited in the waiting room for 30 min past my appointment. Its contracted out. In my experience, how you look has nothing to do with either medical or physical fitness portions of the hiring process.
      Ok Thanks. Do I need to reach out to CBP regarding my fitness appointment because I have only been scheduled for my medical this Friday and I see that some people had both the same day or had appointments for both already situated.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        No, my medical and fitness test were conducted seperately about 3 weeks apart. And they were at the same facility contracted urgent care facility too.

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical was weeks before my fitness exam. I wouldn't worry about it.

• karinka2002
        karinka2002 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine were scheduled separately - medical first. But when I was done with Medical they offered to do my physical test at the same time. I declined as I thought I was not ready for it. So they don't have to be on the same day or at the same facility (whichever has the same availability as you).

• Originally posted by Captnlee View Post
      Just because I like comparing them here is my timeline:

Announcement 17-11/ VRA 17-12
      Applied: 9/26/17
      Waived exam
      Tentative selection: 10/4/17
      eQIP released: 10/11/17
      PFT-1/ Medical: 10/16/17
      PFT-1 Pass: 10/17/17
      Medical Pass: ???
      SI: 11/28/17
      SI Pass: 11/29/17
      Fingerprints requested: 12/3/17
      Fingerprints received: 12/8/17
      Poly: ???
      BI: ???
      Final Offer: ???

This is my timeline, I'm 17-11 as well with a squeaky clean background, which I'm not sure why it would take so long.

17-11 Announcement

09/21/17 - Entrance Examination
      10/05/17 - NOR's
      10/25/17 - Tentative Selection Letter
      10/26/17 - BI Packet (eQIP registration code)
      11/02/17 - Medical Screening
      11/05/17 - BI Packet and forms submitted
      11/10/17 - PFT1
      11/21/17 - Medical and Fitness updated to passed on app
      SI - ????
      BI - ????
      Poly - ????
      Drug - ????
      Final offer - ????

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        dalie_utcc The thing is that when you reapply you process gets delayed, I heard about 2 months but I've seen ppl not hearing anything from 4 months after reapplying.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Jarymoly oh ok yea that’s what I was expecting not 2-3 years lol. Still a long time.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Steph631_

It depends.

The background is usually time-consuming. Sometimes it's the choice of port and circumstances surrounding available openings in a port. Things like having a difficult work/residency history, health history, education verification, NOPAs, reapplying...they all can potentially jam up the process.

Newer hires tend to move faster these days.

• Captnlee
        Captnlee commented
        Editing a comment
        I just read an article on Govexec.com that had some good numbers- "The DHS inspector general has estimated that based on current hiring and attrition rates, CBP would need 750,000 applicants to fill Trump’s order. It is, however, adjusting its polygraph test and reforming its training process. Agency leadership has said the average application processing time has decreased from 400 days in 2014 to 160 days today"

• Originally posted by Lovetocamp View Post
      No, my medical and fitness test were conducted seperately about 3 weeks apart. And they were at the same facility contracted urgent care facility too.
      and you were reached out separately for those appointments from the respective department?

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was on different days as well and was contacted separately from respective department.

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. One dept for med one for physical test.

• "Location negotiable after selection" what does that exactly mean? like if selected to attend FLETC, you'll be asked to see what ports in your area your capable of working at?

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        It means that on your final offer other than the port you selected (if still available) other ports can be offered. And this is before going to FLETC

• Captnlee
        Captnlee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup for VRA postings there is no ports listed. there was no prioritizing ports or any of it! kinda leaves me optimistic that I will see some good ports.

• Well, today was day 22 and I finally got an email saying that I passed my interview. Started to get nervous since everybody else answer was next day practically. Especially with how easy I thought it was. I mean, the guy asking me the questions had a fat dip in and spitting into a Mtn dew can haha. Not quite the interviews I was used to but zero stress for me.

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!!

• It’s now been over a month that I took my medical and fitness exam (both passed and green on app.) Still no SI. Anyone in the NY/NJ area from 18-1 moving along ?

10/04/17 Applied CBP 18-1
      11/04/17 Entrance Exam
      11/20/17 NOR Passed
      11/22/17 Notice of TS
      11/27/17 Submitted e-QIP
      11/27/17 Email for Med Exam

12/04/17 Re-applied 18-3 Queens, NY
      (1/12 I received and email saying application was denied, after I reviewed t answered I saw that it was due to accidentally/wrongfully answering a question)

12/06/17 e-QIP released
      12/07/17 Medical Exam (passed)
      12/14/17 PFT-1 (passed)

In regards to my denied 18-3 application the person I spoke to said “application 18-3 should have no effect on the application 18-1 that has gone forward to OPR.”

Comment

• Those of you that are currently employed and have a stable job, have you told your supervisors/boss about the hiring process? Or you preffer to have a job offer before letting them know? I know part of the BI will take place at the current work place, and that may be the moment they will find out.

Comment

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          My boss knows. Being that I have had to take days off to go to my exams and stuff I found it hard not to. But then again she’s extremely understanding and supportive. I can see where it can get ugly if the person isn’t as nice.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I work for state government and I told my supervisor and manager, but only after I passed the SI. I really just didn't want them caught off guard if the background investigator gave them a call, etc. I guess it depends on your relationship with your current management.

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
        It’s now been over a month that I took my medical and fitness exam (both passed and green on app.) Still no SI. Anyone in the NY/NJ area from 18-1 moving along ?

10/04/17 Applied CBP 18-1
        11/04/17 Entrance Exam
        11/20/17 NOR Passed
        11/22/17 Notice of TS
        11/27/17 Submitted e-QIP
        11/27/17 Email for Med Exam

12/04/17 Re-applied 18-3 Queens, NY
        (1/12 I received and email saying application was denied, after I reviewed t answered I saw that it was due to accidentally/wrongfully answering a question)

12/06/17 e-QIP released
        12/07/17 Medical Exam (passed)
        12/14/17 PFT-1 (passed)

In regards to my denied 18-3 application the person I spoke to said “application 18-3 should have no effect on the application 18-1 that has gone forward to OPR.”
        I'm currently 18-2 and in the process of switching over my phases to 18-3 in the NY/NJ area. I am roughly in the same ball park as you. I have been noticing with people's timelines is that it seems the first 3 months we knock out phases then after 3 months its a waiting game.

Comment

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. Yea seems that way. Patiently have to wait I guess

• Had my poly today and got a verbal pass from my examiner. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.. they go over everything with you before taking the poly including the questions and you get to clear the air on anything to put your mind at ease. Just be completely honest about everything and they will pass you.

Comment

• Over0
          Over0 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don’t mind, how long did it take and did you change any of your answers from the equip?

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roughly 3-4 hours and like I said - just be honest and upfront about everything even if it doesn't match up with your EQIP. It'll also help put your mind at ease.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I have my poly in 10 days. I'm rather looking forward to it. Lol

• I'm 18-3

i just got my Tentative Selection email,

I was wondering if anything here mind explaining or telling me about the eQip? What does it consists off?
        I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Captnlee
          Captnlee commented
          Editing a comment
          its an in-depth review of your past from jobs to addresses to crimes etc. on CBP's website there is a video on it

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will get an email that has a link to a "practice equip". be prepared. its 136 pages. But will save you a LOT of trouble if you print it out and get it filled out before its time to start the real equip

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it thank you guys

• Feeling like it's taken forever for my e-qip to get released and continue proceeding. I'm originally 17-10, then reapplied to 18-1 while knocking out the PTF and Medical previously scheduled from 17-10, had to re-submit a new e-qip for 18-1 in mid December and it's still listed as "being reviewed". Is this normal, it's literally over a month now.

Comment

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Jarymoly you sent it and it was cleared/completed the same day? Have you had your polygraph yet?

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          Steph631_ It took 20 days to be released to OPR and to cleared on app. But keep in mind that reapplying, the Holidays plus the government shutdown plays great part on delays.

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Jarymoly got it. Yea I reapplied but it didn’t make it through to OPR so it’s like I never reapplied.
          My eQIP was released 12/06.

I also just got an email saying I won’t be scheduled for a SI until my e-QIP has been completed, reviewed and accepted. That’s definitely different then when I previously applied. I did my SI and VBT(no longer required) before it cleared.

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          Steph631_ yeah, mine cleared first and then got my SI 2 weeks later.
          Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-25-2018, 05:46 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10183 users online. 446 members and 9737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X