Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys, after the initial NOR via email, is the Tentative Selection also something that is emailed to us or an actual letter in the mail ?

Comment

• PerSec: Office of Personnel Security
    OIG: Office of Inspector General
    OPR: Office of Personnel Responsibility

Well, the shutdown is official for now.

Though I'm still lost on whether PerSec (a component of OIG) or OPR performn the investigations for CBP, this document says only 331 out of the 790 OIG employees would remain (aka not furlough).
    I'm thinking investigations are going to get delayed longer

Also, FLETC is taking a big hit: Out of 1303 on-board employees, 66 will remain if the shutdown lasts longer than anticipated. BIG hit on training.
    Last edited by lil-secrecy; 01-20-2018, 04:35 AM.
    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Reeeeeeeeee

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't even matter how many people can work or don't here, all the trainees are being sent home since we're all non-essential...

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      We are in the same boat almost, hoping my si soon and poly minds well already.

• Well I was supposed to EOD Monday. My contact at the port told me that if they are still shut down to not report as no one will be there. Hopefully this doesn't screw me over.

Comment

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      My husband have to go to work no matter what, not knowing if he'll get paid during the shutdown.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ boconnor

Unless you have a letter in writing either officially furloughing you or something in writing from the hiring people telling you not to report on Monday, report anyway.

They'll issue you a furlough letter on Monday and send you home. Meanwhile, eventually you'll get paid for Monday...and every other furlough day...and your EOD date will stay that Monday...or perhaps Sunday, the start of the pay period.
      Last edited by merlin436; 01-20-2018, 09:46 PM.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @jarymoly

Don't worry. Eventually he'll get paid. Eventually, everybody in a pay status will get paid, Trainees and full Officers both.
      Last edited by merlin436; 01-20-2018, 07:13 PM.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      I received an email last night telling me not to report. This may be a good thing actually

• I have a question for those who knows the answer. If there's another announcement with a POE that I'm interested in, do I have to reapply or can it be offered if available, even if I didn't picked that one since it's in a different announcement?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @jarymoly

It depends.

A medical hardship for your daughter will involve getting medical documentation that your daughter can't receive proper medical treatment near your husband's port. It doesn't guarantee you any specific port beyond a location that will support the medical needs of your daughter and the greater support of extended family won't be much of a consideration...if of any consideration at all.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      boconnor, merlin436 Right now this is my timeline. How bad reapplying will affect my hiring process if any of you know the answer? I know there's not a definitely solid answer in anything related with CBP.

e-QIP -completed
      Fitness- passed
      medical- reviewing medical results
      SI- passed
      poly-pending
      BI-in process
      Drug test-scheduling in process
      33%

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Jarymoly it all depends. What was your original application? I'd say depending on timeline maybe 2/3 months delay?

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      boconnor my original one was announcement 17-11 location negotiable(Honolulu was my choice since I live here already) and now planning on reapplying for announcement 18-4 location negotiate (choosing Puerto Rico)
      Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-22-2018, 09:19 PM.

• Might sound silly but I'll ask anyway. I'm scheduled to take my poly on the 23rd. Should I book my hotel? It's a 5 hour drive and I don't wanna not book it and then miss my appointment...any advice?

Comment

• LEGENDARY
      LEGENDARY commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I was trying to determine if it would be a waste of money, especially with the govt shutdown. It might not be open by time my poly.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Legendary, I'd rather play it safe than sorry. Book the hotel. Worst case you lose the money. Best case you use the hotel

• LEGENDARY
      LEGENDARY commented
      Editing a comment
      boconnor, I went ahead and booked. I'd rather lose the money than take a chance and not go at all. Worst case scenario, I can go view the White House!!!

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Poly was in DC as well.

• I'm supposed to have my poly on the 23rd also. My examiner has had to reschedule me 2x due to him needing to go out of town. Now with the govt shutdown he emailed me yet again saying that my poly is canceled and he cant reschedule me until the govt re-opens.

Comment

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      That really sucks. My polygraph is scheduled for Feb. 5 and I'm waiting for the dreaded cancel phone call or e-mail. I guess time will tell. It's been 5 months since my SI to even get to this point.

• annuitcoeptis
      annuitcoeptis commented
      Editing a comment
      My Poly is scheduled for Wednesday, January 24th. I've also been waiting 5 months since my SI and now with this shutdown I'm probably looking at a rescheduling. I had to book a flight out, which luckily Southwest is good about giving out a credit that I can use for next time I book. Still really sucks though.I'm hoping that by some miracle the govt reopens tomorrow or Tuesday morning...

• will our polygraphs get rescheduled due to the polygraph? i have to book a flight but dont want to purchase it and then have to get a refund

Comment

• I feel sorry for you guys waiting to see if your polygraph might be rescheduled. But here I sit 10 months into my application, 7 months since my e-qip was released to OPR, and my background still isn't clear. And this government shutdown will just delay that further. Know a dude who got his background cleared the day of the shutdown, came in clutch.
      Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• All your stuff should get rescheduled once/if the government decides they want to do their jobs and re-open. If you think you have it bad, at least you're not at FLETC getting ready to be sent home for the second time since August... I'll be a GS9 by the time I graduate LOL.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          Or at least you're not the guy who quit his job last week, intending to EOD at sector on Monday. That's gonna be rough.

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          3nf0rc3r you mean like me......

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          boconnor yup, I feel sorry for you bro

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          3nf0rc3r only saving Grace is that my job will still be there if this goes south....

• Originally posted by Jarymoly View Post
        I have a question for those who knows the answer. If there's another announcement with a POE that I'm interested in, do I have to reapply or can it be offered if available, even if I didn't picked that one since it's in a different announcement?
        After starting a new application I decided not to proceed so my first application dont get overwrite. I choose not to continue with the application on Section 3, still the system has me going through the whole process. Do I have to finish the whole application???

Comment

• It says the the senate supposed to vote at noon today to determine whether to fund the government for 3 weeks....smh.....They are still disagreeing on the DACA issue

Comment

• RGC1988
            RGC1988 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep! The Senate just agreed to fund the government for 3 weeks (Feb. 8th).....hopefully in that time they sort out their differences

• JAK060813
            JAK060813 commented
            Editing a comment
            What do these 3 weeks mean for everyone that was at FLETC are they being sent back now? Or do they have to wait on a final agreement

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            We never left luckily. CBP was sitting on its hands waiting to see what happened before they would make their move. Smartest thing I've seen them do and its probably an accident it worked out lol. We're praying it works out in February, with the delay in training we'll probably graduate the 8th or 9th if they have us work Saturdays.

• ak56221
            ak56221 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90- Have you heard anything in regards to delay in training for scheduled classes in future? I was supposed to report to fletc on the 12th and am hoping I still will, was wondering if you heard anything from instructors regarding this. I know that FLETC is ver rigorously scheduled and even 1 day shutdown has a possibility of delaying future classes.

• Originally posted by Jarymoly View Post
          How long do u think the delay will be if I reapply to a different announcement??? BI in process, poly pending, fitness and SI passed, drug test scheduling in process, e-QIP completed.
          Not sure if this will help but I had reapplied to another announcement while being in the process for one already and was told by a lady from HR that most of your phases will just transfer over. She did state that there would be a minor delay but that is only because each phase transfer needs to be reviewed and approved beforehand.

Comment

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much!!!

• Well, this government shutdown cost me my Poly appointment. Not even talking about the amount of time and money I spent getting to SD. Was I the only unlucky person to get scheduled for Monday - Jan 22?
          Now earliest they have is in March - sigh.. (

Comment

• GNg
            GNg commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the call few days ago on 1/23 for the poly scheduling. They offered me the option to take it in San Jose as early as 2/8, and of cause I took that. Been hearing bad stories from recent posts again. I'm getting more nervous as the day approaching

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have mine on 2/5 in Chicago GNg I guess time will tell.

• barnes14
            barnes14 commented
            Editing a comment
            karinka2002 how did your poly go

• karinka2002
            karinka2002 commented
            Editing a comment
            barnes14 The officer gave me a verbal "pass" for the first part of the test, but then told me that I will need to come back in few weeks for the second part. Waiting for second part to be scheduled.

• 18-1 announcement.

Just got the email:
          SI scheduled for Valentine's Day @ SFO.

They suggest casual attire huh?
          Mmm... Not sure if they are being casual and understanding or is a test to dress my best......
          Last edited by lil-secrecy; 01-23-2018, 07:22 AM. Reason: added announcement#
          18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
          11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
          11/21/17 Medical exam done.
          12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
          12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
          01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
          01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
          01/23/18 SI scheduled.
          02/14/18 SI interview
          02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
          03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
          05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
          09/07/18 Application withdrawn
          03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• lil-secrecy
            lil-secrecy commented
            Editing a comment
            Acenall Thanks! Impress I shall!

• Steph631_
            Steph631_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky I’m 18-1 as well and still waiting for SI. What location did you apply for ?

• lil-secrecy
            lil-secrecy commented
            Editing a comment
            @Step631_ Only SFO as I live in the Bay Area.

• tino215
            tino215 commented
            Editing a comment
            18-1 VRA still waiting for my SI

• With the government being reopened I have my poly tomorrow. It also states to dress comfortably but no blue jeans. Just curious how other have dressed for their poly? I wore a suit for my SI but I feel that would be overkill for the poly. Any help appreciated. I'll keep everyone updated with the result.

Comment

• Acenall
            Acenall commented
            Editing a comment
            GD1R90 ; annuitcoeptis ;
            I'm 17-9 also but no word yet on when my poly will be.
            Good luck to both of you!

• JeJe
            JeJe commented
            Editing a comment
            They want you to dress relaxed with no tight clothes to your skin that it will cause the test to skew the results.

• annuitcoeptis
            annuitcoeptis commented
            Editing a comment
            Acenall thank you! You'll get scheduled soon, I waited 5 months...you'll get it soon!
            Last edited by annuitcoeptis; 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM.

• annuitcoeptis
            annuitcoeptis commented
            Editing a comment
            @Acenell thank you! You'll get scheduled soon, I waited 5 months...you'll get it soon!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9378 users online. 352 members and 9026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X