Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if a person gets hired at 49 then they can retire at 69. I read somewhere that this is not the case. 57 retirement is mandatory and VRA and VEOA does change it.
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention the issue with training a 48 or 49 year old nugget. My office received a 48 year old trainee sometime back and let’s just say that things have not exactly gone smooth.

• valetudo39
      valetudo39 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think age is a factor in most cases. A few months ago I took a CA POST PAT for a small agency and I smoked some guys that were half my age. I am 49 by the way. There are plenty of out of shape 21 year old men and women.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      #valetudo39,

I'm in my 50's. The thought of working until my late 60s is disconcerting to me...and I face no mandated retirement.

Having said that...

Few Federal agencies have any sort of meaningful fitness standards post-hiring.

I dare say that the majority of 49 year olds who are in good shape will be 59 year olds in good shape and 69 year olds in good shape. Chances are that they practice a healthy lifestyle.

Lots of the 20 somethings have mostly youth on their side. Eventually their age will catch up with them, as will their unhealthy behaviors.

Some best people I've ever worked with were in their late 60s.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      Every case will be different but on average a 49 or 50 year old will be less physically fit then a 27 year old. The biggest problem with the guy wasn’t his fitness level it is his inability to do the job. He struggles with immigration law and casework. The job of a DO is more mental than physical.

• Thanks Merlin...I was giving up the idea on applying for ICE whenever they decide to do these mass hirings we all are waiting for.
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      you missed it. they had an announcement a few weeks ago.

• Hey guys, I am considering reapplying for the CBPO position in June 2018, I applied 2x previously and received one failure and some other result (at this point I was a TSA/DHS employee for 8 yrs). Anyway since failing the last polygraph I've since become a NYC Correction Officer, and I'm currently lined up to attend the NYPD academy. My question is are law Enforcement Officers required to take polygraph exams, If not will it at least help me in receiving a favorable polygraph result? Thanks

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Only exception are people that actively using their top secret clearance. Plus the nypd doesn't do polygraphs anyways, just stay there.

• Background cleared.....now I'm waiting on my medical to clear as well

Comment

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i has to send in additional paperwork as well...sometimes u gotta stay on them cuz your paperwork will get lost in the sauce. The BI is very lengthy and thorough....don’t even waste your time worrying about it. Go about your normal routine. I went in under provisional..my record is clean...they check for a lot of things

• FreshStart
      FreshStart commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, What is the best way to stay on them? Email or call?

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Email them and tell them whats going on. Your medical clearance should only take like a month. Once I emailed them things picked up, Thats when i found out i had to do additional test for something i put on the paperwork
      Last edited by RGC1988; 01-18-2018, 01:00 PM.

• FreshStart
      FreshStart commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RGC medical just called me to get the ball moving again.

• anyone on here for the 18-2 veteran announcement?

Comment

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      im on the 18-3 gs-9 announcement. kinda screwed myself in the process. I applied...got reffered...changed my mind and sent a email to have my name removed....the 2 days later started getting emails for medical set up and pre eqip stuff. so talked to wife...changed my mind again...sooo I tried to retract the request. lady said I couldn't. but I could reapply..but usajobs hasn't updated so I cant re apply on the same account. so I had to freakin make a new account and re apply under that one. lol back at the beginning.

• So is it safe to say that the phases normally go - Submit EQIP, Medical, Fitness, SI, Drug, and lastly Poly?

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Med, fitness, SI, poly, BI, drug.
      Last edited by ES90; 01-17-2018, 04:00 PM.

• royramos1986
      royramos1986 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took my drug test today, but have not heard from my BI yet

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      royramos1986 did you select to enter on provisional? It seems that people that do will get the drug test anytime after the poly. I did not select the provisional and I am still waiting for the drug test.

• royramos1986
      royramos1986 commented
      Editing a comment
      FTO Sammich
      Yes I did select to enter on provisional.

• Originally posted by themoj0 View Post
    im on the 18-3 gs-9 announcement. kinda screwed myself in the process. I applied...got reffered...changed my mind and sent a email to have my name removed....the 2 days later started getting emails for medical set up and pre eqip stuff. so talked to wife...changed my mind again...sooo I tried to retract the request. lady said I couldn't. but I could reapply..but usajobs hasn't updated so I cant re apply on the same account. so I had to freakin make a new account and re apply under that one. lol back at the beginning.
    Yeah man I feel ya, I initially went under GS 5 for the 18-2 announcement but later realized I am eligible for GS 7 but when I went to ask to see if I could change my rank status they said I would have to re apply and it would just pro long the process. Seems like any change in the process can create headache.

Comment

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      yup. It IS my doing of course. if I would have just waited 1 more day before sending that request to be withdrawn, I would have seen the emails about the other stuff and just went through with it. Heheh On a brighter note..i got all of the 136 pages of the equip pre-filled out...so when I get to that point, filling out the online one should be cake.

• Originally posted by themoj0 View Post
    yup. It IS my doing of course. if I would have just waited 1 more day before sending that request to be withdrawn, I would have seen the emails about the other stuff and just went through with it. Heheh On a brighter note..i got all of the 136 pages of the equip pre-filled out...so when I get to that point, filling out the online one should be cake.
    Just joined the 18-3 announcement lol. I had to request the GS 7, regardless if it put me back.

Comment

• No worries, even if you applied again all the steps you have taken will just transfer to the new application. Might see little delay but not much. If you did e-qip, si, or poly all will be transferred automatically.
      17-10 APPLICANT
      TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
      Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
      E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
      E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
      Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
      PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
      SI: 3/16 passed
      POLY: 5/16 pending results
      BI: in progress
      DRUG: in progress

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        How long do u think the delay will be if I reapply to a different announcement??? BI in process, poly pending, fitness and SI passed, drug test scheduling in process, e-QIP completed.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        The word on the streets is two months, but contact your recruiter. You don't seem you got much left, poly then drug test. You could finish all that stuff and be ready for eod in three months or so. The issue is that everyone has different timelines since cbp doesn't treat all application equally. Good luck. This is my second go at this job.

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks JeJe

• Fell victim to polygraph. Wish me luck for the retest
      Last edited by DallyDallington; 01-24-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        You got a lazy one, i bet it didn't last long. Mine tested me three different times that day, then said inconclusive, they brought me in a month later.

• CBP I re applied for the 18-3 position from the 18-1 and haven't heard anything since the 20th of December when I passed my PFT1. Almost been a month, you think this is normal?

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey location. I have a family and was looking at the housing opportunity and activities to do, that's all. If I was single I wouldn't changed it.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FreshStart

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        You should hear about si soon? That's if you done your medical and e-qip.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have JeJe Thank you.
        Last edited by Elgin_87; 01-24-2018, 06:03 PM.

• Another day of anxiously waiting. Maybe today will be the day!....or maybe Tomorrow.......or next year...
      17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
      5/10/17 - Exam
      5/19/17 - Exam NOR
      5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
      6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
      7/05/17 - Medical Exam
      7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
      7/26/17 - PFT 1
      8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
      8/25/17 - SI
      8/26/17 - SI NOR
      11/29/17 - Polygraph
      12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
      12/21/17 - BI Interview
      2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
      3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
      5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat. I am 17-6. I didn't sign the provisional clearance waiver. I met with my mid November...I believe. He said after he submitted his paperwork I should hear something within a few days lol
        I check my status everyday. I have not yet taken the Drug test either. I am guessing my status will change to background passed before I recieve a phone call.

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah from what I have noticed the people who select the provisional seem to get the drug screening any time after the poly. Non-provisional get it after BI clears. I check my status multiple times a day but I am starting to get tired of looking at it. I hope we hear something soon

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        At which point do they give you preference for post of duty location ?

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        JeJe , it was at the very beginning. I think when I did my initial application there was a drop down box for it.

• I see some people have academy dates for February 12th. Do they have more than one class going at once or do they go through the 17-19 weeks for one class and then start up another??

Comment

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        More than one class. I think its in two week cycles, least that's how it is for the border patrol.

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        My academy date is the 22nd.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        They run classes as they need them. Sometimes multiple classes start on the same day...sometimes they go weeks without starting a class.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        There might be a month and a half between classes or as little as two week... it all depends on what the higher ups decide on.

• @FTO Sammich

And anyone else that cares. Here's a little .pdf regarding DHS background investigations. Page 79 provides a flow chart on how the background process works. There's a graph on how long adjudication takes (79 days) and background interviews (submitted within 40 days). But be aware its from 2008. Maybe it'll help put some people at ease.

https://fas.org/sgp/othergov/dhs/persec.pdf
      Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• FTO Sammich
        FTO Sammich commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I think I came across something like that while researching for more info on the background investigation. It's just a painfully long waiting game.

• Hello everyone! I got a word from someone at FLETC that they might be sent back home because government shutdown. There's no budget, without budget there's no TRAINING, NO FLETC, active military not included. They supposed to reach decision today. An event like this one, will affect all of us in the process including those that already have an EOD date. I'm getting anxious at this point because I really want the job. PRAYING for a positive outcome!!!
      Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-19-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Jarymoly

It's the government.

Get used to them disappointing you. They will. Often.

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 my husband told me the same exact thing and not to worry about it. Sad that DHS has to go through this literally every year. What about the safety of the country??? All about politic...

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Living the "DREAM".

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436. That what you said about Hawaii and Laredo is true. That flight ticket it's from our pocket. And whenever that person has to go back to FLETC gotta pay for the airfare AGAIN since the agency only pays from the port you choose.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8502 users online. 417 members and 8085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X