Comment

• Got the call..
      EOD to Eagle Pass Texas January 16 and the FLETC February 12 2018

announcement 17-6

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
        EnforceTheLawBro commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same question about how long it took! What was your background investigation process like? How long did it take, and how long until you knew you passed after it was submitted? Thank you in advance!

• Josiel26
        Josiel26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I received a clearance for another job. The investigation was done by the same agency conducting the investigation now. My background is still not cleared it still says in process. OPM called me and gave me the offer, I was informed that I was cleared by them and also the internal affairs.

• ak56221
        ak56221 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! I also will be starting fletc on 2/12/18.

• Josiel26
        Josiel26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats I'll be seeing you there

• Thanks!! I'm totally looking forward on starting

Comment

• This probably isn't the best place to look for the answer to this question, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

There is a lot of talk at my current federal job that if you apply for BPA/OFO/AIA/AEA and fail the polygraph, that you could/would lose your security clearance and be fired.

Now, for our positions, we do NOT require a polygraph to be hired. We are listed as "critical/sensitive" and have an SSBI for a secret clearance, from what I understand. No polygraph. But the rumor is that failing a polygraph for a job that requires a polygraph would somehow affect our clearance to do our current job, which does NOT require a polygraph.

Phew, if that made sense...I was wondering if anyone had any experience or insight for this. Right now it seems like HR doesn't know what they're talking about and everyone is just repeating what they've heard elsewhere. I can't find it in writing anywhere either.

Going to contact OMP office of background investigations tomorrow. It's been very tough to find a definitive answer to this.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're probably going to find it hard to find a definitive answer anywhere. I imagine, at least at first and until there's enough test cases and a sort of consensus on how to move forward that the different agencies and different offices will handle it however they want.

• Hey,
        My location is for San Ysidiro... wondering if I will get to chose a TX location if I get an offer.

17-9 Direct Hire Applicant Time line
        8/1/17 Passed entrance Exam
        Passed Fitness test 1 and Medical Exam
        10/13/17 Notice of structured interview passed
        1/10/18 Got the call for my Poly
        2/8/18 Polygraph scheduled.

Comment

• Anyone know if you do not sign the provisional clearance waiver, will the app change to pass for the Background before you actually get the call? Thanks

Comment

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t select the provisional and my background shows in progress. So I think it’s safe to say that when it shows complete, I will be referred to the scheduling unit and should expect a call.

• Any CBPO's 16-2??

Comment

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            How are you not hired yet?

• Samwise1
            Samwise1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovetocamp During my BI process they switched agents reviewing my case like 3 times, but finally on my app it says I cleared the BI......now its just a waiting game

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright cool we'll let me know how long they'll take to call.

• Originally posted by JAK060813 View Post
          Anyone know if you do not sign the provisional clearance waiver, will the app change to pass for the Background before you actually get the call? Thanks
          What App are you guys referring to ? Where can I go to get in this App
          I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            CBP Jobs is the app where you can check your process status. You'll get it from Play Store on your mobile.

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            The download links can be found on CBP's webpage.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...s-and-officers

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            At what point in the process does the app being to show info ,.. I got my NOR on the 12th but there's nothing on the app yet

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            Josel1992 give it a couple days.

• 17-10 applicant

pending polygraph and signed the provisional clear form . Recruiting gave me a target hire date of April , if all goes well

Comment

• puma
            puma commented
            Editing a comment
            looking into Laredo TX

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            17-11 here and still waiting for the polygraph...

• does the provisional clear shorten out your hiring time ?

Comment

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. You would basically EOD before your background is fully cleared. That being said, if something comes up during your background investigation that deems you unsuitable, you could be out of a job.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, if you go the PC route you better make sure your past is squeaky clean though. I've heard stories of people getting yanked off the graduation stage because their background came back negatively.

• Medical 11/20 - not cleared yet
          Interview 1/2/18 - not cleared yet

Comment

• toonguy15
            toonguy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            My medical was August 7th and Interview November 12? Or somewhere around then. Medical still isn't clear but the Interview is.

• FTO Sammich how you holding up bro?

Another week of no calls or nothing. Will next week be the week? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z
          Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            Yesterday my eQIP changed back to completed again. So I’m assuming my case is in the process of being adjudicated. So one small step forward.

• JAK060813
            JAK060813 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am playing the waiting game too. I am 17-6 and met with my BI over a month ago. I didn't sign the provisional clearance though. Did you? Wondering if that is the hold up for the final call!

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            JAK060813 , I’m 17-7 and met with my BI about a month ago also. I didn’t select to enter on provisional either.

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 17-6, met with BI 9/15.... BI was submitted in October.. Still waiting. Saw some dude say it took 10 months for his background to clear.. I hope that ain't me for the love of god. I signed the provisional clearance. Haven't been told crap, nor have I been told to recertify my e-qip.

• Here is my timeline:

08/30/17 Assessment Questionnaire
          09/19/17 Notice of Results (NOR)
          09/21/17 Tentative Selection/ Submitted E-QIP
          10/10/17 Medical Assessment
          10/24/17 Fit Test
          11/03/17 Fit Test (Pass)
          11/27/17 E-QIP Rejected (missing documents)
          11/29/17 E-QIP Released to OPR
          12/06/17 Medical (Repeat Audiogram) Further Evaluation Required
          12/30/17 SI Scheduled
          01/02/18 SI
          01/03/18 SI (Pass)
          Drug Test (Scheduling in Progress)
          Polygraph (Scheduling in Progress)
          Application tracker: 33%

GS-9, 17-10 Applicant, Anyone processing out of Philly??

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
            RJ_Jersey commented
            Editing a comment
            you completed all the phases except the drug test and poly and you are only at 33% on the application tracker? that is interesting

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            RJ_Jersey Same as me I completed everything but the drug test, poly and BI and I'm at 33% sounds about right.

• Oi, making me get all kinds of documentation for two minor things I listed on medical exam paperwork (one of which isn't even relevant any more). Assume that will delay poly until they get satisfactory answers.

In 15 years of law enforcement and gov security work no one has ever asked me to go into details on them or to provide letters from docs stating I can do the job with them. CBP sure doesn't seem to be that eager to get all these new people if making us jump through so many hopes (in addition to huge poly fail rates). Of course I will do it to keep my options open, but having me hunt down documentation from 20 years ago? smh
          "Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
          You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at"

Comment

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            What are the specific medical issues?

• Just a quick question. For those that get picked up under VRA or VEOA that are over 37 do they still have to retire at 57 even though they won't have 20 years on by the time they hit 57 years old.
          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            They'll be mandated into retirement 20 years after being hired.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10107 users online. 483 members and 9624 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X