300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FIU24 View Post
    Congrats, I start in miami on the 22nd of Dec. And start FLETC on Jan 14th. So I guess ill see you there. Good Luck. Hey do you think we get Christmas and News Years off during Pre Academy?
    Yes, you get all federal holidays off at FLETC so you should also be off for them during preacademy

Comment

• What are the hours like for Pre Academy? 9-5?
      CBPO - Miami
      Pre-Employment Forms - completed
      Qualifications - GS 5
      Medical Exam - completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Drug Screening - completed
      Background Investigation - Completed
      Fitness - completed

Comment

• Originally posted by FIU24 View Post
        What are the hours like for Pre Academy? 9-5?
        Im sure its port specific, but expect 8-4

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          Question Merlin: Do you know (or believe) that there is a difference in how they attempt to classify a port in needing more people? After reading your post, it occured to me that they no longer use the term "critical needs" and now use "many vacancies" instead. Do you see a difference between that (e.g. there are many vacancies in the port that need to be filled versus many vacancies to fill up the applicant spots, as you've previously described before)?

I doubt it.

MHC really doesn't deal with the ports needs 'now' and really has no need to care about what's going on in ports 'today'. Their 'today' job is to get applicants. Today, they mostly deal with the speculation of what port needs will be in 2009, 2010, 2011. MHC is well aware that the people they grab today won't be on the ground for 9-12-18-24+ months.

Assuming you're right though, it still doesn't mean much as far as applicants go. Let's say 'critical needs/many vacancies' JFK is down 80 officers today. MHC issues 80 TO's tomorrow. That's the only benefit for the applicant. From there, he processes at the same speed, dancing to the same song and dance as any other applicant within the system.

Comment

• Hey guys I emailed the medical unit and they said my medical is at the medical follow up process, does that me I will receive a letter soon with instructions?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
              Hey guys I emailed the medical unit and they said my medical is at the medical follow up process, does that me I will receive a letter soon with instructions?
              Could be just their doctors taking a look at the paperwork. The only way to know if you're getting an NMC or whatever is when CASS says something like "One or more medical documents have been requested" or something to that effect.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Could be just their doctors taking a look at the paperwork. The only way to know if you're getting an NMC or whatever is when CASS says something like "One or more medical documents have been requested" or something to that effect.

My CASS seems to have stopped updating but the phone hot-line says everything else is completed...is anyone's CASS not updating also?

Comment

My CASS seems to have stopped updating but the phone hot-line says everything else is completed...is anyone's CASS not updating also?
                  Yeah everything is complete for me too per the hotline..but CASS has VBT and Drug pending...i trust the hotline though... Quick Question.. After everything is complete how long does it take to get to TSU? thanks..

Comment

Hey guys I emailed the medical unit and they said my medical is at the medical follow up process, does that me I will receive a letter soon with instructions?
                    You'll probably be getting your follow-up letter to take to your eye doctor for clearance. They told me today that they just mailed it and to expect it next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by jman26 View Post
                      Yeah everything is complete for me too per the hotline..but CASS has VBT and Drug pending...i trust the hotline though... Quick Question.. After everything is complete how long does it take to get to TSU? thanks..
                      The lady at MHC I talked to yesterday said that the applications have to go through a review before they get sent to TSU. Most likely a check to make sure everything has been completed, making sure the Ts are crossed and all that. I get the feeling that all of the applicants who now show everything clear in the job status line will be getting sent off to TSU next week. For what it's worth, with USBP it took only two days to go from everything being completed to going to TSU.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                        Have any of you applied to any other federal law enforcement jobs? I figure I might as well since I'm still going through the application process for CBPO. I'm filling out the pre-employment forms for a BP position...have any other jobs in mind?

Thanks!
                        I applied to all of the Federal LEO positions open in the area I wanted to live. In total it was about 15-20 jobs. They ranged from police officer at the VA, Air Force, and Navy installations, IG SA, SA for NOAA, and Park Ranger a couple of times (there are several parks here).
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I logged into CASS today and everything is completed, but medical has went from pending to not applicable. I then called the hotline and it says pending for medical and complete for everything else, what does this mean? I took my medical 3 weeks ago, so is it kind of early to know one way or the other. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Cass has done this before on pre-employment forms. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Feiu View Post
                            I logged into CASS today and everything is completed, but medical has went from pending to not applicable. I then called the hotline and it says pending for medical and complete for everything else, what does this mean? I took my medical 3 weeks ago, so is it kind of early to know one way or the other. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Cass has done this before on pre-employment forms. Thanks!
                            My medical also went to not applicable, maybe a glitch.

Comment

• Does anyone which security clearance level are we going to have after the BI is completed ? i.e. Clearance, Secret, Top secret
                              CBPO-LB/LA,CA
                              Written: 08/08
                              TO: 09/24/08
                              FLETC CLASS 923

Comment

• Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
                                Does anyone which security clearance level are we going to have after the BI is completed ? i.e. Clearance, Secret, Top secret
                                CBPO's do not normally carry a named security clearance level. You can be given certain clearances based on certain jobs though. The BI that is done is the same as a TS/SCI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10500 users online. 407 members and 10093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X