• Show
Clear All
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

Elgin_87 yes they do fall under LEOSA.

Comment

• Krash777
    • Nov 2017

I had my medical on 11/20 and still waiting for it to clear. I’m sure the holidays have a lot to do with the hold up. I had my SI Jan 2 and it was the easiest interview I have ever been to and I expected a lot more. For those that haven’t done one yet, you should relax and answer the questions intelligently.

Comment

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my medical 12/07 and it just cleared, but still no SI, at least you are moving along.

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my medical on 10/16. I emailed last week and received a reply saying they have receieced my package and will let me know if they need any more information... nothing has updated on my tracker yet.

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my medical on 9/25 and they told me two weeks ago that they are backed up and will get to it when its turn comes up.
  • merlin436
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

LEOSA is federal law mostly written with state, local and retired Leo's in mind. While it's true that CBPOs are covered under the act, much of what LEOSA gives us we already have under our national authorities and US-wide agency policies.
    Last edited by merlin436; 01-06-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• JeJe
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2017

Anyone here passed si within the passed three years and didn't have to retake it again when got back in the hiring process?
      17-10 APPLICANT
      TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
      Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
      E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
      E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
      Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
      PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
      SI: 3/16 passed
      POLY: 5/16 pending results
      BI: in progress
      DRUG: in progress

Comment

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I Took it in 01/2015 and was told I had to retake it since it was changed when they removed the VBT (video based test)

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for letting me know. I guess it's coming up soon then since my e-qip says complete.

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my SI in November and still have not heard anything about my Poly date
    • Lovetocamp
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2017

Finally I can post.

Anyone 17-4? Seattle duty station here.

My BI hasn't cleared yet and I passed my polygraph on 8/24. Interview was done like 9/11. Investigators have been done since late October. Done the drug test too.

I'm a single guy, no dependents, national guard without any punishments, no trouble with the law, no debt except for car and student loans paid on time.

They contacted me in December just to get my college transcripts because they had to wait for me to graduate. Sent and received confirmation gotten on 12/22.

How long did it take you guys for your BI to pass? And what about a call?
      Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Reference the polygraph, did you sign a non-disclosure or are you able to share what they asked you?

• FederalHopeful
        FederalHopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        No you cannot share the questions.
    • Jax09
      announcement 17-9
      • Oct 2017

Mistake post
      Last edited by Jax09; 01-07-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• JAK060813
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Any movement since the beginning of the year for anyone? I am still waiting for my Call. Already met with BI but have not done the drug test. Since I did not sign the provisional clearance I am wondering how long it has taken for anyone else who also opted to wait till they recieved their background to clear and to get Clearance to receive the call after meeting with their Background Investigator?

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I took the PFT-1 a few days ago.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          No new news. Still waiting to see if Background clears. I check the App about every 30 seconds haha.

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          They emailed me back because inj was asking about my background back in late December. They're saying it moved to personnel security. Whatever that means. At least something is moving along.

I did my BI in September though. Drug test was shortly after, about a week or so.

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-6 had my poly 10.26.17 (passed) have not heard anything yet.
      • LEGENDARY
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2016

Quick question....is there a difference in job responsibilities for a GS7 vs a GS9?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jarymoly. I am a CBPO. I have been since day one in July of 2004 when the 1895 CBPO position description was rolled out. Prior to that, I was a 1890 Customs Inspector.

I'm not lying to you. There are clear and potentially meaningful differences between the position grades.

Maybe there is not much distinction drawn between the lower grades in your husband's port. Considering all 328 CBP ports in the entirety of OFO operations though, that won't always be the case.

FWIW, prior to August 2002, the legacy journeyman levels for Immigration and Customs Inspectors was GS-09. GS-09 is as much a legacy journeyman level as GS-11.

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 True is that every port is different. But keep in mind that the agency has been made huge changes throughout the years and more changes to come. I know officers that graduated with him ans are in other ports and don't know half of what my husband knows and do just because the training at every port its different. The answer for LEGENDARY question is "No there's no difference you will do the same job and will have the same responsabilities".

And I'm not saying you're lying, but if those differences are so clear and potencially meaningful as you said, then why are not enforced?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not beat the dead horse here?

Legendary asked if there was a difference between the job responsibilities of a GS-07 and a GS-09...and the answer is yes, on a technical level and maybe on practical level.

I'm well aware of the historical changes to the CBPO position...since I've been one since the beginning. I'm also aware of the training differences between ports. Not only is it irrelevant to this issue, but it's also a two-way door. Those who typically don't know half of somebody else's job likely know much of a segment of the job unknown to the first person.

The differences between the job responsibilities and complexities of a GS-07 and a GS-09 ARE enforced...at least under certain conditions, circumstances and situations...which was the whole point of my original post. There are meaningful differences...even if they only exist on paper in select locations.

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 You know what??
          This doesn't make any sense no more.
          You first used the word "technically" then "you might never see it" and now you're saying that it is enforced. I know about a bunch of POE's (I have friends working there) where there's no difference other than the pay.
          And when I said about other ppl not knowing or doing half of what others do or know its because the training it's very limited in some ports. I wasn't trying to get into an argument, only wanted to respond to legendary's question.
          Have a good day!!!
          Last edited by Jarymoly; 01-10-2018, 05:46 AM.
      • LEGENDARY
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2016

merlin436, pm'd you

Comment

• Samwise1
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

New to the forum and great info that everyone provides,

but I've had a long process I applied:
          • Job announcement number

CBPO 16-12
          For San Ysidro to be exact and passed everything all that is left is my BI to be cleared and my drug test and PFT-2. On December 26th I received a call from the person reviewing my case and sent me an email with 2 attachments that I needed to sign and email back:

1. Because I have Dual-Citizenship apparently negative information was discovered during the review of my BI and had to sign a " Agreement concerning Non-U.S Citizenship rights"

2. This form said that it was in reference to the BI currently being conducted and that during the course of the investigation information had been developed indicating that me or one or more of the family members, relatives, or close associates I listed in my e-QIP either entered or resided in the U.S illegally and bla bla.....basically it continues with telling me that immigration violations are a serious offense and if I become a Cop employee it will be my responsibility to uphold all the laws.

Has anyone received this? and can somebody tell my why I see many applicants way after me are getting EOD's and "PASS" on there CASS?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            You answered your own question. It's because you have illegal immigrants as family members. Are they still illegal now?

• Samwise1
            Samwise1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovetocamp to my knowledge there was only one and he has been deported, but the paper says...." You or one or more of the family members, relatives, or close associates YOU listed in your'e e-QIP either entered or resided in the U.S illegally" and it later says that maybe they were given amnesty and all that but " I never listed anyone with that status".

• JAK060813
            JAK060813 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am a dual citizen as well. I haven't heard anything since I met with my BI about 3 or 4 weeks ago. No one in my family has come over here illegally so I hope this isn't what the hold up for me is. There is probably just a lot more involved investigation I am sure with dual citizen applicants

• Samwise1
            Samwise1 commented
            Editing a comment
            JAK060813 Well I hope its a letter they they send to everyone, have you cleared your BI already?
        • GD1R90
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Has anyone had their examiner reschedule their poly multiple times? I've been asked to reschedule twice now.. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Comment

• toonguy15
            toonguy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Man I'm still waiting on my polygraph date. I had my SI in November

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            (17-8 if anyone wants to know.) Had my SI in September and got called December 28th to schedule polygraph. Poly scheduled for Feb. 5th in Chicago. Hopefully he doesn't reschedule on me. From what he told me- many locations can't do polygraphs right now due to staffing issues and the agency is very backlogged.
            Last edited by county25; 01-10-2018, 08:27 PM.

• GD1R90
            GD1R90 commented
            Editing a comment
            My examiner has needed to reschedule twice now because he has to go out of town.

• Acenall
            Acenall commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied 17-9 Direct Hire, I think the app was done in July, But my test was in August. I have seemed to be behind everyone else in the same application process. I did my SI the end of November and NOR passed December 1. I have not heard anything other than that. I thought I was caught up to everyone but i am at least a month behind you still. Idk if they are going to get all of us caught up eventually or not. Anyways my point is I'm sure your frustrated but at least your not me!
        • FTO Sammich
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

“Wasting away again in Justfriggincallmeville....searching for that green box just to show.....some people say...there’s adjudication to blame.....but I know.....it’s my own damn fault”

Just checked CASS for the 423rd time today.

Update: 457 CASS checks.
          Last edited by FTO Sammich; 01-08-2018, 06:40 PM. Reason: Checked CASS again
          17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
          5/10/17 - Exam
          5/19/17 - Exam NOR
          5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
          6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
          7/05/17 - Medical Exam
          7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
          7/26/17 - PFT 1
          8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
          8/25/17 - SI
          8/26/17 - SI NOR
          11/29/17 - Polygraph
          12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
          12/21/17 - BI Interview
          2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
          3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
          5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat. You waiting for BI to clear or what? They told me my crap was being sent to "Personnel Security" that was today. Idk how far into the process that even is. I'm trying not to check the app 30 million times as it'll make me more anxious and annoyed.

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            Double post

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep waiting for it to clear. The sucky part is knowing that it may be several months or longer to find something out. It’s maddening.

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah just good to know I'm alone man. I'm just fresh out of school and thought I would have the job by now. ****ing sucks working **** jobs until something comes up.
        • Tagert33
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2018

Hello everyone! I'm a 17-9 applicant for Maine. Process has been slow paced, I'm guessing due to hurricanes Irma and Maria since most of my references live in Puerto Rico. So far, this has been my dates:

06/21/17 Assessment Questionnaire
          06/27/17 External Assessment
          07/13/17 Notice of Results (NOR) (Pass)
          08/02/17 Notice of Results (NOR) (I don't know why twice)
          08/03/17 Notification pre-employment (tentatively selective)
          08/13/17 Submitted the E-QIP (Complete)
          08/14/17 Medical Exam (Pass)
          08/24/17 Schedule PT
          08/29/17 PT1 (Pass)
          01/18/18 SI (Scheduled)

Drug Test (Scheduling in Progress)
          Polygraph (Scheduling in Progress)
          Application tracker: 33%

Any 17-9 out there?

Comment

• Jax09
            Jax09 commented
            Editing a comment
            Announcement 17-9

*DIRECT HIRE*

Applied 7/31/17
            PF1. 9/17
            Medical 9/17
            SI. 10/25
            Poly. 12/11 and 12/21 passed
            My BI CALLED ME TODAY! We are meeting tomorrow!!
            Drug test pending

• Jarymoly
            Jarymoly commented
            Editing a comment
            17-11 here and mine is at 33% as well..
            Medical under review
            BI in Progress
            Drug test scheduling in progress.
            Everything else passed
            Poly-pending

Espero que las personas que tengas en PR estén bien.

• Acenall
            Acenall commented
            Editing a comment
            17-9 Douglas Direct hire (Whatever that means)
            11/30/17 SI
            12/1/17 NOR SI- Passed
            and that is it for me too.

• RJ_Jersey
            RJ_Jersey commented
            Editing a comment
            For the medical, did you get your results that day?
        • Tagert33
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2018

Thanks Lovetocamp!

Comment

• Tagert33
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2018

Best of luck Jax09!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11905 users online. 65 members and 11840 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...