Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I'm 17-9 for San Ysidro. SI was on 9/18, then Poly on 11/30. Medical recently requested all medical records (med review was done in august... not sure why they asked so late), so it's going to hold everything up. It seemed to be going pretty fast for me, too.
    Last edited by rocheIIe; 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm in the process of having a background done with an agency, if I get that completed. Could it bypass the remaining steps?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless they ask the same set of questions CBP wants asked, no.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        highly highly doubt it

• So I had my SI on the 12/13 and got the results yesterday with a pass! Thank goodness never been nervous at an interview. Overall, about 1 hour process including the fingerprinting. My medical is still showing as scheduling in progress, but I had my medical examination done November 9th. I try to email the person in charge at CHSmedical, but response. My EQIP was sent to OPR 11/22 and I elected provisional clearance. So the only thing left is polygraph and have drug test showing as scheduling in progress. Applied in September, do you have to take the polygraph and pass to get an EOD/FLETC date for provisional? Definitely exciting because I'm almost complete, but not sure exact process with provisional!?

Comment

• I’ve seen some posts about people taking the provisional and then being relieved of duty either at the Academy or afterward. Considering all the steps leading up to the field investigation itself (preliminary vetting checks and polygraph), what exactly is being found in a BI that would warrant removing them mid Academy or after completing the Academy?
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
        6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview
        2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• FederalHopeful
          FederalHopeful commented
          Editing a comment
          Either something came up that didn't match what they said on the polygraph, the national agency checks brought up something that wasn't on the e-QIP, or their references/ work supervisor screwed them over and said something wrong.

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          If you didn't lie on your eQuip and you didn't lie on your BI you don't have anything to sweat.
          As my academy instructor says, "Everyone does stupid stuff but only the stupid people lie about it."

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t take the provisional and I don’t think I have anything to worry about. I’m wise enough to know not to lie on the paperwork. Just makes a person nervous.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you know you have a squeaky clean past, if you know your friends and family lack serious issues, if you have a current job that's easily replaceable...or you aren't working at all, then the the provisional clearance probably makes sense for you.

If you know that there are skeletons in your closet or in the closets of close friends/family, if you have a current job that pays well and isn't easily replaced, if circumstance makes you less than fully flexibile, then the best bet is usually to pass on the provisional clearance and wait until you're fully and permanently vetted with an actual clearance.

• I have a question for anyone who's taken the poly recently. I got scheduled and it said prepare to be there for 8 hours. I thought they started a new pilot poly that takes up to 4 hours. Are they just using the same email copy and paste from before, or are not all the poly's the shorter one?

Comment

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          My drive time (3 1/2 hours) to the polygraph took longer than the actual polygraph. That’s if there isn’t any problems during the exam.

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          took me 4 hrs total

• Hi everyone new to the forum and commented a couple pages ago but wanted to share where I am at with my pre employment process.

I've applied to the cbpo GS9 17-9 announcement for Houlton Maine and this is where I'm at thus far:

Announcement close out date: July 30th 2017
        NOR: AUG 17
        TSL: AUG 23
        BI: AUG 28
        Medical Exam: Aug 31 - pending
        PFT1: SEP 13 - Passed
        Case manager change: SEP 22
        BI Released to OPR: OCT 04 - pending
        SI: OCT 16
        SI NOR: OCT 17 - Passed

It's been 8 weeks waiting to hear for a polygraph email/phone call and drug test ..... still waiting. With the holidays coming around the corner I'm guessing it will be January before I hear anything, still hopeful as ever though!!! Maybe it will be a Christmas present....

I have emailed just to make sure I haven't missed anything and they said that once a spot opens up for the examiner that I'd be contacted.

Comment

• SpiFee
          SpiFee commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that helps knowing that I'm not the only one! Thanks guys!!

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          any of you guys for Houlton? I'm 17-9

• Acenall
          Acenall commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 17-9 Direct Hire to Douglas, AZ
          I took my SI 11/31
          SI NOR 12/01
          I also am waiting to hear about a POLY or Drug test.
          I was worried when I saw everyone getting their SI way ahead of me, but it seems that I've caught back up.

• atlder
          atlder commented
          Editing a comment
          17-8 DH for Douglas, AZ. Met with BI 2 weeks ago and waiting for drug test. Hopefully things speed up after the holidays!!

• hey all looking to apply to the 18-3 announcement and was looking at gs 9 cause i have 5 years of LE experience part-time will they consider this time towards the 1 year requirement of full time ? was just curious as to what step i can apply to. Thanks

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If your 5 years of part time service adds up to 2087 hours or more of work...I think it would suffice.

Cover all your bases and apply for the GS-05/GS-07 announcement as well. If you don't get selected as a 9, hopefully they'll offer a 7.

• Anyone have anecdotal stories of people finding success with Feds after failing CBP poly? I personally know someone who was dropped from FAMs near the end because of it. I was hoping to be able to apply to ICE when they finally get around to their spree but I'm not sure it'll go anywhere if I fail the poly.

Comment

• If you passed your polygraph for US Customs, but are also going through the border patrol hiring process. Does the polygraph count for both? Are the hiring process’ equivalent? Minus the fitness exams.

Comment

• FederalHopeful
            FederalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, you’ll have to do both entry exams and fitness tests but everything else is reciprocal. The academies are also different

• EnforceTheLawBro
            EnforceTheLawBro commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I thought the same thing, but I passed my polygraph a month ago, and it only updates as successful on my US customs application

• FederalHopeful
            FederalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Email HRM and they’ll update the app. It’s glitchy

• They also have different structures interviews. The poly should be the same though.

Comment

• FederalHopeful
            FederalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea that too. I found the the BPA interview to be harder for sure.

• Hey Guys, my girlfriend has some part time and full time work experience. She also has about 24 college credits. If everything is added up it can equal 3 years work experience. Is this allowed to be done ? Also how old must you be to be come a CBP Officer ?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hypothetically at least, I believe it's possible to mash together various work and education to meet the minimal requirements.

Minimal age is 18. I can't say I've ever met an 18 year old CBPO. The minimal requirements and the nature of the job tends to push outwards to the 20's and older.

I have meet teenaged Border Patrol agents. Different requirements and different job though.

• Originally posted by toonguy15 View Post
          I'm in the process of having a background done with an agency, if I get that completed. Could it bypass the remaining steps?
          Even if my polygraph is for Top Secret?

Comment

• It looks like I would not hear back about my BI process until the holidays end... Waiting game is painful..

Comment

• milushka22
              milushka22 commented
              Editing a comment
              I took my poly on 10/26/17, 2 weeks later it updated on the app to passed. I have not heard from anybody in regards to my drug test.

• dalie_utcc
              dalie_utcc commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope both of us hear back from them soon. Happy holidays!

• Passed my SI, now the eternal wait for the poly...

Comment

• LEGENDARY
              LEGENDARY commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you, I had my SI tuesday morning. What announcement are you?

• Jarymoly
              Jarymoly commented
              Editing a comment
              LEGENDARY announcement 17-11

• HI all. Did you printed, signed, and scanned your Provisional Clearance and Residency forms attachments? Or filled and signed digitally from your computer?
            17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
            08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
            09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
            09/21/17 - NOR
            10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
            10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
            10/23/17 - Medical Exam
            10/30/17 - Fitness Test
            11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
            11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
            12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
            12/22/17 - e-QIP released
            01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
            01/06/18 - SI - Passed
            2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
            B I - Pending
            Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• Steph631_
              Steph631_ commented
              Editing a comment
              I signed digitally from my phone.

• GNg
              GNg commented
              Editing a comment
              Jarymoly Did you send in the description page for the Residency requirement as well? I didn't , hopefully it's ok

• Jarymoly
              Jarymoly commented
              Editing a comment
              No, only the one I signed.

• dalie_utcc
              dalie_utcc commented
              Editing a comment
              According to my case manager, if you forget to attach residency requirement and provisional clear, you can still email those forms to your case manager afterward.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7973 users online. 373 members and 7600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X