Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question. I am in the final stage of hire for Vermont port. Just have the drug test and wait for The eod. I just saw the new announcement has the port in my city on it. Do I have to reapply or will this port be available when I finish with my current announcement ?
    Last edited by birddog71; 12-03-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      If all your results are still valid I believe they will be good for any other opening you apply for. Just curious, which port in VT?

• birddog71
      birddog71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Derby line. So I should apply for the new announcement with the new port listed ?

• So I accepted the job over the phone and received my EOD/FLETC dates on 11/17/17. Does anyone know how long it will take me to receive my official "offer letter"?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      a week or so

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      December 17, 2017 will be your EOD for pre-academy or to go to FLETC?

• ak56221
      ak56221 commented
      Editing a comment
      My EOD is 1/22/18 and Fletc 2/12/18. It's been 2 weeks with no email of details yet.

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      My CBP Hr said it could come as late as a week or 2 before your eod, but when I told him I would like something in writing to show my captain at work he said he’d talk to the HR supervisor. I received the letter in email the next day with a note stating that my pay may change once they processed my sf75 from my current agency, but I don’t expect to go in higher than a 9-1 anyways. That was about a month ago

• So I went from hearing nothing for 2 months after my poly except recertifying my eQIP...to my BI calling today saying his wanted to come to my place of work and meet with me and talk with my Supervisor and Coworkers. I guess I was expecting to take a Drug Test first or go meet with him. Either way I am happy that things are moving again. Was this the process for anyone else?

Comment

• Pmgrad08
      Pmgrad08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does your supervisor know your leaving? That's awkward...my job doesn't know anything about me leaving so I would hope they wouldn't come to my job...I need a final offer before my job knows anything.

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Supervisor does know I am applying for this job. But my District Manager will not be happy if he finds out. It makes it very awkward and I am surprised they do this. I am not worried what my employers will say about me, only that if he finds out I am looking elsewhere he will let me go without having this as a for sure back up employment ...since I haven't received a final offer yet.

• Pmgrad08
      Pmgrad08 commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree JAK060813 what sense does that make; I don't mind if they talk to my previous job but not current; that jeopardizes my way of feeding my family if I don't get a final offer

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah JAK060813 they go to your current job NO MATTER WHAT!!

• So I just reapplied to the 18-3 announcement for
    the Queens location. Hopefully that doesn’t delay my process have my medical exam Thursday.

Comment

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph631_ Do you know if you are going to have to retake the entrance exam being that you reapplied to a different announcement?

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as the test doesn't change or over expiration date you don't have to retake.

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Eagle91 I asked and he said everything transfers over since I just did everything for announcement 18-1

• Eagle91
      Eagle91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph631_ Oh cool, good to know for future reference.

• handsom4life why?

Comment

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      1 hopefully I'll be schedule for poly by next week. That will be my 2 months,since my SI.
      2. The annoucement say they process the first wave applications by the 15.
      3. Since you did it first I can see the outcome. lol

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      handsom4life gotcha

• Do you still get oc spray at fletc? I came across a forum that says they do not...will try and find the link...

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Count on getting OC exposure. Last I heard, it was mandatory.
      Taser exposure was optional. That may have changed.

I've been sprayed.(full can of duty carry)

I've been shot with the Taser and taken a full cycle of a ride.

Neither is fun. Neither is that horrible either.

• mclanton00
      mclanton00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question, i never even thought to ask, i have been OC sprayed so many times now i just assume every training will require it lol.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can confirm being OC'd is mandatory. Riding the lightning is optional however you're highly encouraged to do it.

• How do you go about "negotiating" once you are selected? They call you and say "we want you to go to Boston" and you say "do you have any other locations?" anybody who recently got the call have experience negotiating? I read "The Art of the Deal"...

Comment

• Got scheduled for the structured interview today for Jan 2nd. Hopefully the polygraph and drug test doesn’t take months to be scheduled after that.

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't count on it not taking months just to be realistic.

• Elgin_87 if you have a military PT test within the last year you can submit the score to waive the PFT.

Comment

• So I applied to the 18-1 and it states that I don't have to do a 2nd PFT.. All I have to do is the 1st PFT? What does that consist of? The same thing website says or anything different?

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Sit ups, push ups and the step test

• Elgin_87 I’m pretty sure you do your time with the port that you pick from your conditional offer. It would only make sense to me since the ports have different ways of operating.

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        True, but at the same time I think it would make sense to keep you where you are at until you pass Glynco being that you up rooted your family for a great opportunity and something happens and you do not graduate the academy for whatever reason and you get terminated. Now your living in a area that you know very little about jobless, but its a risk you have to take. What about you Krash777 you moving far? Im in the 18-1 what about you?

• Elgin_87 that is true but they look at it as being a young mans game. A person that is getting into it single or newly married. I am in my 30’s, married w/o kids and will move from Washington to either Idaho or Montana. You don’t have to move the family until you graduate the academy but will have to be away from them for an extended period of time. I’m leaving civilian law enforcement so I can buy back my military time for retirement.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen people get assigned within pre/post academy to "the port next door", usually due to a lack of staffing, infrastructure and resources issues at the port of hire. I doubt that it would happen non-locally, cross-country.

One of the main reasons for pre-academy is to get people experience with the area, situations, and overall work/life enviroment surrounding their new port so, if they choose, the can elect to quit the job prior to attending FLETC. It used to be that people would be more or less hired directly into FLETC with only a day or so experience at their new ports. Many attended FLETC, graduated and quit due to location issues shortly after returning to their port. Pre-academy came about as a cost-saving measure to give the quiters an out prior to spending 10's of thousands to train them.

Letting a guy do pre-academy in Dulles prior to going permanently to his port in Noyes, MN defeats that sort of buffering insurance purpose of pre-academy.

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 I can see where you are coming from. I am going to take it and make the best of it if I get that opportunity. Hopefully if I don't like the area I can transfer with in a couple of years. I have looked at all the openings that they have and I guess all border towns are not good areas to live in. I'm talking about your "Street Life" not your "Work life" I could care less about the work life, it's the same across the board. I put in for Gand Portage MN and the housing market is slim up there.

• I interviewed with the background investigator several weeks ago. I have already passed everything else. Any idea how long the background check takes?

Comment

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        Capt_Falco did they give you your EOD before it was sent to OPR

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        JAK060813 Yea I got the call the next Monday, 10/23, after meeting with my BI and taking the drug test on the same day

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        Capt_Falco oh okay! I met with my BI a few days ago but still have not taken my drug test. Kind of thought it would either come first or same day like yours.

• ROBYM88
        ROBYM88 commented
        Editing a comment
        8 May-written test
        11 June-EQip sent (finally accepted in August)
        3 July-medical exam (final review and acceptance in October)
        22 August-SI
        19 September-fitness test
        22 September-Polygraph
        11 October-drug test
        6 November-BI

Any idea on how long the background takes to get approved?

• Anyone on here who got the job and opted out of provisional clearance? How did that affect your progress,
      if ot did. I decided to opt out of provisional clearance and want to see how many other did and if they regret it or not.

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I originally selected to NOT enter under provisional clearance. I emailed regarding changing to enter with a provisional clearance and I was told that after you speak with your BI you can change at that time if needed, however they said it does not speed up the hiring process at all.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        GD1R90 glad to hear. Thanks

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't want to enter under provisional clearance...just because I have a family and wanted to be sure there would be no issues once I quit my job to go to CBP. I don't expect anything to come up at all but just wanted to dot all my i's before I quit a job.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        JAK060813 my thoughts exactly.

• Do I have to put another application if I want apply for a GS-9 position? I initially applied in September for GS-7, but noticed that it stated 18 credits for GS-7. I have all 36 credits and possess a Master’s Degree now. Is there a way for GS-9 be taken into consideration with reapplying or do I have to put another application for it?

Thank You!

Comment

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've read on here, you need to apply to a new annoucement

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6747 users online. 327 members and 6420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X