Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally had my SI today. I thought I would be told if I passed or not right there and then, but the CBP officer said they would inform me. I also didn't get my fingerprints taken. Is this normal?

Comment

• niftytim
      niftytim commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm that's strange. There were 4 of us that took our SI on the same day. We did out interview and after deliberation they told us right there if we passed or not. If we passed they took our fingerprints right there. I took mine in Detroit, could be each location does things differently.

• Captnlee
      Captnlee commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took mine on Tuesday the 28th, and got an email this morning with results. Also, their finger print machine was inoperable so they said I would do it later. I was the only person there for it (0900) start time and was out by 0935

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I had my SI, my fingerprints were taken first and then they proceeded to do the interview. The SI scheduling email says they will do fingerprints if time or resources allow. I'm guessing the only reason they didn't do them is because they forgot to or weren't capable of doing them.

I wasn't told my results and they sent it to the MHC. I got my results a little over a week later with a pass. I wouldn't worry too much, just wait for your result. Good luck!

• Pmgrad08
      Pmgrad08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on the location but yes for some locations its normal as far as finger prints. They also send by email your results...mi interviewers were nice enough to let me know on the spot I passed some of us got lucky with that...Florida location

• Anyone in the San Francisco area who have been assigned Teja Polygraph date OR already taken the Polygraph? If so, can someone tell me which 3rd party examiner they went to?

Comment

• Room for rent San Diego area:

Looking to rent out a room in a 3bd house to a CBPO, BPA or other LEs. Can be either short or long term, including pre and post academy. Send me a message if you're interested.

Comment

• Pmgrad08
        Pmgrad08 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the rate?

• Ive seen quite a few timelines of others' on forums. I'm a 17-9 applicant, DH and regular announcement, reffered in second round. Does anyone have any idea why people in 17-10 and 17-11 announcements are way further in the process than me, ones without stuff transferring over I mean. Hell even some 18-1's are really damn close. I selected SYS and Blaine but picking SYS hasn't seemed to help me at all in terms of speed. My equip took two months to get sent to OPR even though I already had a previously accepted SF86 in the system from another agency. I just finally took the SI on the 15th but looking around people in 17-10/11 already took the poly before I even did the SI. I understand the government is slow af but its disheartening to see that I had no advantage applying earlier than others or by selecting an understaffed southern port.

Comment

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve wondered why it’s so different for each candidate and announcement too. I was 17-7 and I see some from 17-5/6 still waiting on the poly or the scheduling unit to call. It could be the actual location that you pick to do the steps or the HR person in charge of your file. I know the average time from application to hire was +300 days and it looks like they have cut down on that for the most part

• superquagdingo
        superquagdingo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's the weird thing, Im doing all my stuff in a south west border location which was supposed to be faster, if not the fastest, from what others were saying. The equip thing is what threw me off the most though, how the heck did people get that thing sent to OPR in only a couple weeks? Jeez.

• disman
        disman commented
        Editing a comment
        I also applied to a southwest border port for announcement 17-9 in July. My eqip was rejected once and barely sent to OPR last week. I took my SI today. That's 4 full months of waiting.

• Pmgrad08
        Pmgrad08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im in the same boat SYS...still waiting for medical to clear appointment was in August and additional documents were requested sent over a month ago still waiting to hear something back

• I am 17-11 and applied for everything NW of North Dakota. I waived the PFT and written exam by applying to the GS-9 position. I had a little set back because I went to the Virgin Islands for hurricane relief but they were really good about putting things on hold for me. I got back and had the medical on Nov 20 and now I’m just waiting on the SI, polygraph and drug test. I have no patience at this point of the process and check the darn job tracker 10 times a day to see if anything changed. Anybody else applying to the NW ports or had the polygraph over here?

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied for the GS9 too. Does that waive me PFT test as well? Krash777 Also do you know if, when they hire you, you have to start at your assign port or can you start at the closet one to you until you pass the academy? then move across the country?

• Location Negotiable After Selection...any chance I stay in Florida? Anybody know anything about the Florida ports?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The port at Miami airport is huge. Miami seaport and Lauderdale are big. Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville are all good sized ports. There's a handful of mid-sized ports and a bunch of small-to-tiny ports. Key West is typically hard-to-fill. Can't really comment on your chances of staying in FL...but between those seven, especially looking at Miami, there should be opportunities.

• I am through and passed the entire process except the Drug...which hasn't been scheduled yet. On November 9 my eQIP was recertified and sent up to OPR. I haven't heard a word since. I am 17-6. I guess I am waiting for a call from my BI but it's been almost a month and nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• ThGreatFandango
        ThGreatFandango commented
        Editing a comment
        I did drug test (pee in cup) along with my physical. Even though I passed, they both still say pending or whatever. Passed SI and just waiting on my poly. I may reach out to my CBP rep to inquire about things soon.

• Hello all!

A quick question for those in the know. So, several weeks ago I favorably passed the poly and now they are in the process of the background investigation. My question is do most people who pass the poly get cleared to work? Or is the BI hard to overcome? I applied for SWB.

I'm new to this process but remaining optimistic as my background is fairly clean with amazing credit.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to know this too. Following

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        With so many poly failures I’d say the odds of getting the job are very high, for the BI just report everything from your past and you should be good. What gets people in trouble is when one of their contacts for the BI reports something that you failed to report.

• atlder
        atlder commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure. I reported everything to the best of my knowledge. Met with the BI this morning, took about 4 hours.

• I have a quick question about re certifying e-QIP..

To re certify means to update the e-qip in case I have anything new to add to it? The reason I am asking because I forgot to mention a traffic ticket on my initial e-qip and just realized that it should be mentioned since the fine was more than $300. Please advise. Thank you so much.

Comment

• wtw81
        wtw81 commented
        Editing a comment
        I initially submitted my sf86 without one place of employment listed. I reached out to the agent assigned to my case asking whether she could release the file back to me so that I could update it. She went ahead and did this for me and I was able to make the necessary update.

In your case since the file is available to you already, I would still contact the agent assigned to you just to get the green light for updating it.

• dalie_utcc
        dalie_utcc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much. I will contact my case manager.

• Hello All,
      Anyone here happen to declined a job offer with CBP? and how long did you have to wait to get another offer?

Thanks

Comment

• Is it all possible to transfer after you get your post assignment. If so, how long would it usually take for you to qualify? Also if you are a Federal employee at another agency can you qualify for the 25% sign on bonus and is it one lump sum?

Comment

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          handsom4life same thing I'm debating. I applied for Boston and now wondering if I should reapply for the Queens location. And if I did how would that affect my process??

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          wait queens is open on this new posting?

• handsom4life
          handsom4life commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a positive

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          ExtraRely I'm coming from another agency, So I guess that weeds me out as far as getting it. Also I applied for a port in MN and I'm from VA. Do you know if you have to start at your assigned port or can you work at your nearest one until you graduate from Glynco?

• I'm having trouble submitting my E-QIP and was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how it was resolved. The validation portion of the app keeps telling me I need to go back to 13A to the employment records section and enter my work history for the past ten years. The issue is I only have 7 years of work history and it says not to use any jobs before your 18th birthday. Did anyone have this issue? If not i guess i'll just reach out to my case manager.

Comment

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          there are no gaps, I started working 06/2010-07/2015 (same company all five years) then started at another job 07/2015-Present.

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to fill 10 years, so just put the category of unemployment for the remaining years that are open. That’s what I did with no issues

• Eagle91
          Eagle91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Capt_Falco Thanks, didn't even think to try that since those 3 years remaining I was in High School.

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem, the BI will most likely ask how you were financially supported but obviously through parents etc

• Originally posted by keifehr View Post
        Hello All,
        Anyone here happen to declined a job offer with CBP? and how long did you have to wait to get another offer?

Thanks
        i was a 15-2 applicant and was offered jfk in oct/nov of 16. i just reapplied this august, and have completed everything. pm me if you want more information.

Comment

• so has anyone been offered a job and been able to negotiate a port closer to them then what they applied for? i only ask because i seem to be reaching the end of the line for my next job offer, and with the family, id hate to turn this down again if it isnt close to home.

Also anyone know what the pay difference is from a 5 to a 7 in the academy?

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Post-academy is filling in all the stuff that's too complex or time consuming for FLETC to get to. Think of it as advanced on the job training. Typically you'll be on a M-F 0800-1600 schedule until you get signed off on primary and secondary by your FTO. Its supposed to take several months, but the timeline is port specific and could be shorter or longer depending on how badly they need you. No OT until you're signed off on basic primary and secondary tasks.

• Capt_Falco
            Capt_Falco commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow I didn’t realize it could be that long for training and living on base pay, that’s gna be tough in Cali. Thanks for the info

• Pmgrad08
            Pmgrad08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Capt_Falco we're in the same boat; definitely tough for Cali

• zFinest
            zFinest commented
            Editing a comment
            you going to start the process again?

• Any one knows the usual wait time to get your polygraph scheduled after your SI?

Comment

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Most people comment about 2 months. I've been waiting since mid September and I haven't heard anything.

• Pmgrad08
            Pmgrad08 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been waiting since October

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5800 users online. 346 members and 5454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X