11/16/17 - NOR SI - Pass
    POLY - ?
    Drug test - ?
    EOD - ?

Comment

• Driven2slow
      Driven2slow commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really worried about my credit report. I was in a bad business partnership and I got screwed over which affected my credit score. Collections and debt.

I forgot about attaching the two forms also and I emailed the hiring officer, he allowed be access to eqip and I attached them.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Driven2slow my credit sucks, and I had no problem; they're just looking for collections etc also to verify employment stuff

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just finished my E-Qip. I digitally signed everything. I don't have to print anything out do I. If so I don't see where I have to.

• GNg
      GNg commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph631_ It was the two forms that you attached manually and sent along with the Eqip. The provisional clearance form and one another which I don't remember since they haven't release it back to me.

• Are interviews from last year still good?

I passed the interview last year but didn't pass the polygraph. Next year makes 2 years so I'm interested in applying again. I remember reading that the interview was good for 3 years but I know they changed it up a bit since I last took it by removing the VBT.

Comment

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      NOR says results are good for up to 36 months unless the format or competencies being evaluated is changed. So, unless they consider the competencies in the old format the same as the new format, then you would have to take it again. I wouldn't sweat the SI, though.

• Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
    Are interviews from last year still good?

I passed the interview last year but didn't pass the polygraph. Next year makes 2 years so I'm interested in applying again. I remember reading that the interview was good for 3 years but I know they changed it up a bit since I last took it by removing the VBT.

NOR email said its valid for 36 months from date of interview.

Comment

• Does anyone known how long the medical and PFT1 are valid for ?

Comment

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP never gave me "NOR" related emails on the PFT1 or Medical...they just went to green completed checkmarks within a few days of completing them (my experience anyway).

CBP's website says: A PFT-1 Pass result is valid for one year, or as long as a candidate's selection for the position remains active.  If a candidate receives a PFT-1 Fail result, the candidate can reapply and be afforded another opportunity to complete the PFT-1 upon selection.

I can't find any relevant information regarding how long medical results are valid for, but I would guess it is similar to the PFT1 result.

• Originally posted by Driven2slow View Post
      I have a question for you guys. When applying for CBPO 17-11, I originally selected San Francisco for location. I just looked at my NOR and for location it just says Location Negotiable After Selection. Anybody from 17-11 lists their location of choice?
      Well for me I passed my SI, now I'm just waiting on my polygraph

Comment

• Where is everyone in the process now? I started this journey in June; my medical is currently pending.

Comment

• AMTK23
          AMTK23 commented
          Editing a comment
          9/7/2017:17-11 announcement application submitted
          9/21/2017: Entrance Examination
          10/20/2017: NOR on pass results for Entrance Exam
          10/25/2017: Tenative Selection for Pre-Employment
          10/25/2017: E-QIP
          11/04/2017: Submitted E-QIP
          11/09/2017: Medical Examination (awaiting results)
          11/13/2017: Physical Test (passed)
          11/22/2017: NOR for E-QIP being sent to OPR
          12/01/2017: NOR for SI interview
          12/13/2017: SI Interview
          Drug Test: pending
          Polygraph: pending
          Background: In Progress
          EOD:

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          So I applied to the 18-1 and it states that I don't have to do a 2nd PFT.. All I have to do is the 1st PFT? What does that consist of? The same thing website says or anything different?

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          Elgin_87 PFT2 its not required anymore.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jarymoly

• Considering how many steps, how much money they invest in you... for the people who dont pass the PT test, or fail something else...im surprised they dont recycle you and try to push you through with another class. I wonder how much money they spend on every applicant from start to the academy.
        On another note, how are injuries handled at the academy? so they just sent you home...

Comment

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you have any issues with your medical? What Port will you be at?

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          Like you said, considering how many steps and time you have to go through in order to get this job, if one doesn’t have enough discipline/ determination to pass the Pt or any other test at FLETC then I don’t think one should keep this leo job. Though I think Pmgrad08 is right and they do just put you in the next class, and I would think it’s the same if you get injured to the extent that you can’t complete any pt. Though injury is different then just straight up failing

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          In most cases(read there are exceptions) you will be recycled into a following class if you repeatedly fail tests, the FGS or practical exercises. If you are hurt during duty hours and are unable to participate in PT you will be likely recycled when you heal. Until then you sit at your Port. As long as you don't miss 24 hours(IIRC) in your time at FLETC you'll be alright.

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          If I understand the paperwork I've been given correctly, injuries during training are pretty much covered under workman's comp, and I'd guess that they'd recycle you. After spending THAT much money on you, I doubt they'd just send you home.

• My SI on the checklist shows “scheduling in progress”. How long does it usually take to be scheduled?

Comment

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          A month to a month and a half

• I just got my email to schedule my "pre-employment exam" is that the medical and PFT-1? Also will they be done the same day, it doesn't specify in the email. and how long was your medical and or PFT-1?

Comment

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical and PFT 1 are separate appointments separate locations; Medical look 30-45mins with the wait and the same with PFT1 (the actual test is about 15mins)

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Pmgrad08 thank you, when I took it 3 years ago they did medical and pft-1 same day same place, that’s a lot easier and less time off. But good to know it was quick. I got my appt. time and date today and wanted to know if I wouldn’t be able to make it out by 11:30am. Exam is at 10am.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I spent about an hour and a half at the clinic for my medical, but they were in the middle of a renovation and I had a lot of waiting to do. I'm guessing each experience is different and 1 to 2 hours (max) is typical.

• Steph631_
          Steph631_ commented
          Editing a comment
          county25 makes sense thanks so much

• Hi
        I have been a member of this forum for about a month and would like to share my timeline with you all.

17-4 for San Luis, AZ - January
        Entrance Exam - February
        NOR - March
        Medical - April
        Fitness - April

17-7 for San Francisco - April
        Entrance Exam - February
        NOR - April
        Medical- April
        Fitness - April
        E-QIP - Submitted - MAy
        E-QIP - Rejection fixed - August
        SI - Scheduled late September
        SI - interviewed/finger prints on October 10th
        SI - Passed 3 days later
        Poly - Contacted by OPM - mid October
        Poly - Tested November 20th
        Poly - Passed November 28th
        BI - pending
        Drug Screen - pending
        EOD- pending

I applied in January for 17-4 for San Luis, AZ, but I changed my mind and reapplied for 17-7 SF.

Thanks for reading.
        Last edited by dalie_utcc; 11-28-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting to note where a fellow 17-7 applicant is at. Good luck to you!

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it at all possible to change your request during the hiring process? I at the E-qip and medical exam on the t 4th, stage. I applied for Grand Portage MN and I would go there, but there is 0 to no houses available to rent or buy.

• dalie_utcc
          dalie_utcc commented
          Editing a comment
          Elgin_87 It says on every job announcements that you have to reapply if you want to switch to a new location. I reapplied to 17-7 for SF and everything I have done from 17-4 was carried over to 17-7.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks dalie_utcc

• I am about to apply but have a few questions for those who have already done so. From the point of applying how long did it take to hear something back? Also, I was told I should have applied months ago due to the fact I’m about to complete my bachelors degree but waited to have it in hand. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!
        Last edited by JeepsterSC; 11-29-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          All the PT info is on the CBP website.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not entirely sure what you mean by when do you hear something back. Once you apply you complete some forms and schedule an exam. Once you take the exam, expect there to be 2-6 weeks to get results. From there it takes approximately 6 months or longer to get a final offer of employment.

A couple posts ago- someone posted their timeline. There are many more if you look back in this thread. I tested in early June for posting 17-8. I'm currently waiting on a polygraph, drug test, and for my background investigation to complete before I get a final offer.

Good luck on your process and feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Edit: Waiting for your bachelor degree to apply might help you get a higher starting pay. There are GS-5/7 announcements and GS-9 announcements. I don't know your background, but a bachelor degree and law enforcement related experience could land you GS-9 starting pay. You should at least get GS-7 with a bachelor degree and 1 year full time work experience. Make sure you follow the OPM guidelines for creating a proper resume when applying for federal jobs.
          Last edited by county25; 11-30-2017, 12:29 AM.

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          I started the process in July and I am currently waiting on my Poly, BI and drug screen to be scheduled...its a 6 months or longer process before you get a job offer. ONCE you get the job offer; You will go to the Port you selected for 2-3 weeks then go to the Academy in GA for for 4 1/2 months then you will RELOCATE to your port and begin working.

• Yes, If you pick grand Portage MN as you duty post how hard would it be to switch during the hiring process? Also What is the grooming policy with CBP? I'm in the BOP and we have none. Another question. If you come in as a 9 do you keep your steps and sonority? #CBP

Comment

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen on previous threads individuals have switched over during the hiring process and it was a simple transfer...anything you have done in the hiring process this far will transfer over. Don't wait until you get the job offer to transfer chances are you wont get the transfer. I'm not sure what CBP's appearance policy is but would assume tattoos are okay as I noticed a guy had tattoos when I went to take my SI; I DONT KNOW ABOUT PIERCINGS; I'm a female and have a nose ring but I imagine I will have to take it out or wear a clear one. I don't know in regards to steps and sonority

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Pmgrad08 I see all this border town are not very good areas to live in. The ones they are hiring for anyway. The housing market Is horrible.

• Originally posted by Elgin_87 View Post
        Yes, If you pick grand Portage MN as you duty post how hard would it be to switch during the hiring process? Also What is the grooming policy with CBP? I'm in the BOP and we have none. Another question. If you come in as a 9 do you keep your steps and sonority? #CBP
        You will probably have to reapply to get a location not GP. Contact MHC and ask them.

If you're talking of a beard, the book answer is an inch or less and "well groomed". Anything reasonable ought to be OK.

If you are currently a 9 and you're hired as a 9 they should match steps. You lose money coming from GL to GS pay though.
        Seniority will pretty much restart on your first day in OFO. Your prior time will only matter as a tie-breaker in the event of a tie between you and another hired on the same day.

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          That competitive pay chart is about as far away from some sort of average representation as they can get. I'd say the took the most optimistic outlook and passed it off as average, but it might just be beyond that. It reminds me of the gross misrepresentations the Border Patrol union took in presenting average CBPO pay back during their pay reform trials...it's that bad and misrepresentive of the norm.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always just used the locality pay tables on OPMs website and assume no automatic overtime to get realistic numbers. I'm sure new hires will get overtime but not the numbers they may lead people on to.

• ak56221
          ak56221 commented
          Editing a comment
          They should match your pay to the best they can. For example let's say you are a GL-9 Step 3 at $54,742 a year now. When you start you should be converted to a GS-9 Step 4 at 54,742. However they should step you back after 52 weeks to GS-11 Step 2 at 62,216; and there after you should be on the same pay increase schedule as everyone else. Transferring from one federal agency to another you should never make any less than you did prior, there are some exceptions for example if you were a GS 12 step 2 making 72k a year moving to a GS-9 position the best they could do is make you a 9-step 10 making 65k a year.

Last edited by Lawati; 12-07-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Two weeks for me.

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          NOR's for what? Medical; Fitness SI?

• I did my PFT-1 again since last time there was a problem with my test and finally passed. The person administering the test told me the girl before me was also trying for the second time and she'd accidentally kicked the step board away. She wasn't able to recover on time and ended up failing the test. It made me curious if that would disqualify a person, since this was her second try, but apparently the physical aspect is the only one you are able to retry.

Comment

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations on passing: )

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7111 users online. 248 members and 6863 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X