Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Offer!

Hey All,

I got the offer for the position at Port Everglades this morning! I am extremely excited. My EOD is Mid-December with my academy starting after the New Year.

I currently live in Tampa, and I am not too familiar with the Fort Lauderdale/Greater Broward County area. I need some suggestions about decent places to live, as well as some ideas about temporary housing for those 3 weeks between my EOD and starting the academy.

I'm not sure what the hours are yet (I'm assuming regular office hours?) but I plan on working there during the week, and driving home to Tampa on the weekends because my wife doesn't want to move down there until after the academy is over.

Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find as much info on Port Everglades with not much luck. Mostly seaport? Availability for OT? Just doing my research and due dilligence.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice

-Slickness34

Comment

• Completed Everything CASS says 30 to 60 days +30

HI GUYS i'VE COMPETED EVERYTHING ON 10/09/2008. CASS SAYS You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more. I PUT IN FOR A DUTY STATION IN THE WASHINGTON STATE AREA ITS ALREADY BEEN 30 DAYS AND NO CALL IS THIS NORMAL.

Comment

• Have any of you applied to any other federal law enforcement jobs? I figure I might as well since I'm still going through the application process for CBPO. I'm filling out the pre-employment forms for a BP position...have any other jobs in mind?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
          Have any of you applied to any other federal law enforcement jobs? I figure I might as well since I'm still going through the application process for CBPO. I'm filling out the pre-employment forms for a BP position...have any other jobs in mind?

Thanks!
          I just went for CBP in general (BPA and CBPO). I thought about pulling the trigger on the DSS vacancy that was open awhile ago, but I decided not to.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne54 View Post
            I TYPE IN ALL CAPS GUYS
            Call them. You most likely haven't been called because there are no spots open. They can't give you something that doesn't exist.

Comment

• Hey is anyone applying to the SFO area? Let me know when you get the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                Hey is anyone applying to the SFO area? Let me know when you get the call!
                I applied for the Oakland and San Fran, but I would rather take the Oakland over Frisco due to the crazy traffic and added cost to cross into the San Fran bridge.Which runs about 5 bucks I think. Met my BI yesterday and left content...hahaa I see sap123 you got your VBT results realy quick, I'm still waiting on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                  I applied for the Oakland and San Fran, but I would rather take the Oakland over Frisco due to the crazy traffic and added cost to cross into the San Fran bridge.Which runs about 5 bucks I think. Met my BI yesterday and left content...hahaa I see sap123 you got your VBT results realy quick, I'm still waiting on mine.
                  Im actually very surprised, I thought it was going to be another week at the LEAST! Alas, I'm sure you'll be getting your results soon. Also, I think the Bay Bridge is 4 bucks. Same with San Mateo. Although I believe that Golden Gate is 8 bucks these days.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the CBP employees (CBPOs and a sup CBPO) I dealt with at SFO were extremely friendly and very helpful. You probably can't go wrong either way I suppose.

Comment

• noob

Hi,

I've been reading the posts here since they were in the 100's. I'm Geo. pref. WA state-All Others. I'm not sure about the dates of my various exams, etc., but I'll give out an estimate before I jump into my question.

Exam - Seattle - mid July - scored 98, no vet. pref.
                    medical/fitness - mid Sept. - passed fitness, medical pending
                    vbt - mid October - passed
                    drug screen - mid October - passed
                    BI - met with 11/10 - pending
                    Qual. - pending

I'm hoping to get to fletc before the new year, I'm exhausted from this hurry up and wait thing they do...

Here's my worry and I'd like to see if anyone has had a similar experience and can comment on it.

Medical - This is the only thing that scares me a bit. After I did my medical, I received a letter from the clinic saying that my blood pressure was a bit higher than cbp would like. 144/110 and 154/110. Has anyone else had a blood pressure issue and should I worry about something of this caliber?

Also, I got kicked a little too hard in the head a few times while playing for the University of Washington rugby team and suffered "mild" hearing loss in one of my ears. (mild being labeled by the clinic that did my medical)

Is this something that anyone has experienced before? Does the cbp really care that I'm a little over the norm for blood pressure and I can't hear Mariah Carey's awful highest of highs in one ear? Anyone have anything similar happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                      Hi,

I've been reading the posts here since they were in the 100's. I'm Geo. pref. WA state-All Others. I'm not sure about the dates of my various exams, etc., but I'll give out an estimate before I jump into my question.

Qual. - pending

I'm hoping to get to fletc before the new year, I'm exhausted from this hurry up and wait thing they do...

Here's my worry and I'd like to see if anyone has had a similar experience and can comment on it.

Medical - This is the only thing that scares me a bit. After I did my medical, I received a letter from the clinic saying that my blood pressure was a bit higher than cbp would like. 144/110 and 154/110. Has anyone else had a blood pressure issue and should I worry about something of this caliber?

Also, I got kicked a little too hard in the head a few times while playing for the University of Washington rugby team and suffered "mild" hearing loss in one of my ears. (mild being labeled by the clinic that did my medical)

Is this something that anyone has experienced before? Does the cbp really care that I'm a little over the norm for blood pressure and I can't hear Mariah Carey's awful highest of highs in one ear? Anyone have anything similar happen?
                      Mild hearing loss, not a big problem. Blood pressure too high? Definitely a problem. Apparently you will have issues at FLETC as they have rules about people with high BP going through firearms training. Shoot the medical review unit an email and see what they say.

Comment

• email

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                        Mild hearing loss, not a big problem. Blood pressure too high? Definitely a problem. Apparently you will have issues at FLETC as they have rules about people with high BP going through firearms training. Shoot the medical review unit an email and see what they say.
                        Does anyone have the email or phone number for the medical review unit?

Comment

Does anyone have the email or phone number for the medical review unit?
                          [email protected]

That's the email.

Comment

Hi,

Qual. - pending

Dude you need to chill a bit...

If your BP was to high they wouldn't have let you take the Fitness... you can look up the medical stds. to see if you BP is too high as per CBP guidelines... if it is a bit over you will be getting a NMC letter so that you can go to your physician and have him sign off saying that you're fine. As to the hearing test... don't even sweat it... non of the clinics used by CBP are actually equipped to conduct a proper hearing test, meaning that they actually have to place you in a "Sound Isolation Booth" to accurately determine your hearing range... from what I've read and my own experience, they just give you the headphones and have a go at it in a room where you can hear all the noises from the office (or like my case cars driving by) while trying to hear faint tones on the headphones....
                            as to your goal to be at FLETC before the new year... lol... good luck on that one...(don't mean to be rude) but you need to simply take it as they serve it and don't expect the process to have an order or even make sense...
                            Hope this helped.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Slickness,

I am now done with everything. I live in Tampa as well. What area's did they offer you?
                              Last edited by FLCP; 11-21-2008, 08:33 AM.
                              FLCP

CBP0 (FL OTHER LOC)
                              TEST - 7/21/08 (89)
                              TO - 9/12/08
                              VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
                              FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
                              GS-7 11/14/08
                              DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                              Met with BI in November 2008.
                              MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                              BACKGROUND - IN SECURITY OFFICE

IEA
                              TEST - 5/26/09 (TAMPA)

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                                Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a long time just because I've been waiting so long to get this job (exactly one year) that I lost hope. Turns out I left a voice mail on one the many numbers from MHC on tuesday around noon and someone returned my call about 3 hours later to tell me that I had just cleared backgroung that morning and that it would take about 2 days to send my file to scheduling. So anyways this morning I got the call, I will start on Dec 8th at Miami airport and will start FLETC on Jan 5th through Apr 22nd. I must say it's been a really difficult year but man I am extremely happy that I got the job.

WRITTEN TEST: NOV 2007
                                TO: MAR 2008
                                BACKGROUND CLEARED: NOV 18 2008
                                EOD: DEC 08 2008
                                FLETC: JAN 5TH-APR 22ND

Thank you for all the info found on this forum.
                                If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.
                                Congrats, I start in miami on the 22nd of Dec. And start FLETC on Jan 14th. So I guess ill see you there. Good Luck. Hey do you think we get Christmas and News Years off during Pre Academy?
                                CBPO - Miami
                                Pre-Employment Forms - completed
                                Qualifications - GS 5
                                Medical Exam - completed
                                Structured Interview - Completed
                                Drug Screening - completed
                                Background Investigation - Completed
                                Fitness - completed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7606 users online. 229 members and 7377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X