Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I have my fitness and SI this week. Im nervous about the interview, Im not sure what to expect. I never had any interviews in my years of working.

Anything I should be thinking about before the interview?

Comment

• karinka2002
      karinka2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was super nervous before my interview but it was 100 times easier than what I thought it would be. My interviewers were very friendly and were joking before the actual interview started. Just relax and be yourself. Take your time and think before you answer interview questions. GOOD LUCK!!!

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be fine! I have mine Monday

• karinka2002 Are they going to have a copy of my resume or e-qip?

Comment

• karinka2002
      karinka2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine did not have a copy of either. They did not ask me anything about my resume or my e-qip. Just some basic ID questions (name, address, weight and so on). And then we moved to Interview questions.

• i passed my polygraph!!!!!! im so happy!!!!

Comment

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      woman*...

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      My apologies for assuming..

• Glkslngr
      Glkslngr commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Hope I get scheduled soon... I'm 17-10.

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you!!!!! im just patiently (NOT) waiting for everything else. Drug test is next, not sure of a timeframe. I didn't receive an email stating I passed the poly, it just updated on the app from pending to pass.

• Anyone know of any changes in the Poly CBP does specifically for the customs officer position?

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I spoke with a CBP recruiter who said they modified they way they're giving the poly which is resulting in a 20% greater pass rate.

• Homeboy990
      Homeboy990 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he happen to discuss what those changes were?

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't bother to ask.. I was just happy to hear that.

• How long does it approximately take to receive the score on the written exam?

Comment

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually around 4 weeks.

• How Old is everyone if you guys don't mind me asking.
    When i was in FLETC this past January (different agency), everyone from CBP seemed so young. I am 29 and I worry I'm "too old".

Comment

• dalie_utcc
      dalie_utcc commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 34..... Looks like I am the oldest...
      (T_T)

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope 35 here, but looks 25 , SYS 17-6 GS 5/7 /17-10 GS 5/7/9. Waiting on Poly & Drug.
      Last edited by handsom4life; 11-15-2017, 09:04 AM.

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      good this is awesome. I wont be the oldest one as i thought.

• desertdog127
      desertdog127 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry folks, 56 here (veteran). Waiting for the Polygraph and BI.

• Hey guys!! I have my fitness test tomorrow. I'm having difficulty performing the 12" step test, I can't pass 3 1/2 min. I'm doing a lot of cardio, practicing my breathing and high knee exercises... any advice?

Comment

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure nerves and adrenaline will keep you going. The audio will count down the time with you and tell you when to *up up down down*. It's not that bad...just keep breathing.

• disman
      disman commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife asked the person administering the test to lower the volume of the audio so that she wouldn't really hear the time. Otherwise, she tended to get tired by minute four just from hearing that she had a whole minute left to go.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't look/listen to the time, it's all mental. Case in point: I have picked running after not having run for years. I started my clock and ran a mapped 1.5 miles and came in way below what I had expected.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed!!! Phew, very easy! I was training according to the cbp website which is not updated. Pushing myself at home to do more than 20 sit-ups and 12 push ups to get a high score. Not by score anymore, everything is either pass or fail. Thanks, it was of great help not looking at the time and only concentrating on my breathing. Waiting on my SI and Poly... 17-11 here.

• Comment deleted

Comment

• 17-5 here, took my poly on October 31 and I’m still waiting for results. Applied to SY port. Living in San Diego. Anyone else in the same announcement?

Comment

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        There is one girl here going to SY... not sure about her announcement #...

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 17-7 for SY and have my eod 1/7/18, can I pm you some questions about the area?

• milushka22
        milushka22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 17-6 San Ysidro here. Poly updated last week to passed. Haven't heard anything else.

• jonesy_k
        jonesy_k commented
        Editing a comment
        17-3 for SY and waiting to take my PFT2

• Hello all,

Anyone here 17-12?.
      Got my medical exam tomorrow.

Comment

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 17-10 sadly, do you have a question?

• Riley0511
        Riley0511 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am, same boat as you but did not schedule yet. Wish you the best!
        Last edited by Riley0511; 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM. Reason: Hoping op is gonna make it.

• Hopefully I will get an EOD any day now, I just signed my Declaration for Federal Employment and submitted it last night. I really hope to get my EOD by end of week or early next week but am trying to accept it could be a month or longer.

CBPO 17-4 Applicant

JAN 17 -Applied CBPO GS9 17-4 Announcement
      2/14/17- NOR- Qualified
      2/15/17- Letter of Vacancy ; Coburn Gore; ME
      2/18/17- e-QIP Requested
      3/3/17- Medical
      3/21/17- PFT1 (PASS)
      4/20/17- Further Medical Information Requested
      5/11/17- New Case Manger Assigned
      5/18/17- e-QIP/BI Accepted and released to OPR
      6/14/17- SI/Fingerprints
      6/16/17- Notice Of SI Results - Pass
      7/5/17 - Further Medical Information Requested
      8/17/17- Medical Information Being Reviewed
      9/6/17 - Polygraph Scheduled
      10/5/17 - Polygraph Taken (Verbal Pass)
      10/13/17- Polygraph Updated In System - Pass
      10/16/17- Medical Updated- Pass/Cleared
      10/19/17- Drug Test- Pass/Cleared
      10/25/2017- Requested to Recertify e-QIP (Previous Expired)
      10/12/2017- e-QIP accepted and released to OPR
      11/13/2017- Declaration of Federal Employment Signed

Comment

• ak56221
        ak56221 commented
        Editing a comment
        It took me 11 days for my e-QIP to be accepted after submitting it.

• JAK060813
        JAK060813 commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean after recertifying it? Did you get an email after recertifying it and it being put up to OPR. Thats where mine is and waitibg to either get an email or phone call, not sure what is next

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you should get an email soon about being referred to the scheduling unit.

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        So it seems like a minimum of 2 months between the interview and the polygraph

• comment deleted
      Last edited by keifehr; 11-16-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Any of you guys under vra 10-12? I got my TS letter. I have two options for the medical/fitness either waive it or due the CPB Medical/Fitness exam. Does medical require you to give out information if you went to mental heatlh for anything? Former USAF vet here.

Comment

• Jarymoly
          Jarymoly commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that you have to give that info.

• Pmgrad08
          Pmgrad08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they do ask for the information

• Officially got my disqualification email. This process is a joke. Why the hell do they still have the Polygraph? It literally does nothing but to screw you over. It's just 50/50 chance. What a bunch of nonsense. And if the department doesn't like you, they will fail you just because they can.

Something's wrong with CBP if 2/3 applicants fail the polygraph. Fix this **** already. You gotta wonder why a lot of us decent hard working people get asked at the end to admit some bull**** that never happened to us. Apparently we are all hiding "Serious Crimes". Just look around at past polygraph experiences for the CBP. Even on here. They all say the same thing. Coincidence? I think not.

Sort this **** out CBP. This is time I will NEVER get back. Yes, you want to make the process "equal", but some of us do know the true bull**** that you guys are hiding. Instead of using the good ol' accusation, why not just say "Sorry, but we're not interested. Your qualifications aren't up to par with what we expect at the CBP". The End.

Nah, they decide to make the majority of us seem like criminals. Stop wasting our times with this pseudoscience nonsense.
        Last edited by MCR1; 11-16-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          hey now, there is a reason why these things are not admitted in court. People can lie and pass just like people can tell the truth and fail. im sorry you didn't pass man it really is a bummer

• MCR1
          MCR1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just because YOU passed 3nf0rc3r doesn't mean ****. Most applicants fail the polygraph, and you're going to tell me all of us are criminals? Get the hell over yourself. I've passed polygraphs before. They are UNRELIABLE for a reason. There is no difference between the polygraphs I've took before compared to the ones I've taken now. I've said the same exact things, and I failed. It is pseudoscience. It is not legitimate science. It's not admissible in court, and only used to remove people out of the process, because too many people pass the Oral Test, PT, Medical, Written, etc.

It is used as a tool for you to admit something and screw you over. And it is used as a tool to just remove you if they don't have enough spots. It's pretty simple.

• MCR1
          MCR1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Milushka22, it is a disgrace. I'm beyond ****ed off. I hold a federal government job, and I've shown my integrity throughout the entire process, including on that job. Yes, you win some, you lose some, but holy crap don't waste our time with the nonsense. You can pass with flying colors too by lying. It's just random. CBP's polygraph is a joke.

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          i think it also has a lot to do with your examiner. I noticed i must have not been passing a question because he asked me more than once. That alone made me very nervous, I wasn't lying but for some reason He had to ask again so I started to freak out. I guess I started to throw the machine off with my new state of mind. The examiner must have noticed my change and he asked the control questions again ( you know like he would ask a question that we knew was the truth and then another question we knew i was lying on) just to get an accurate reading on my true/lie responses based on my new state of mind. I don't think all examiners do that.

• http://m.govexec.com/management/2017...0-feds/141621/

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Meh. Good for new hires.
          Otherwise, bandaids and lipstick on the pig.

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Some of the comments on that link are pretty brutal..

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          They aren't that wrong lol. Federal workers are just bargaining and leverage tools when it comes down to the government.

We get talked about like we are important but then they attack us every year to take away more benefits.

I mean how is our current retirement better than our previous one with 80% pension guaranteed. They took that away and the excuse was oh we made the TSP which is so much better.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Many in federal service tend to aggressively attack Republicans while unabashedly being apologists for the Democrats when they frequently screw with us.

There's some truth to the notion that past hiring practices and an unwillingness to effectively and openly deal with problems and issues have haunted and current haunt CBP, especially within Border Patrol. Often, we're our own worst managers and critics.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7248 users online. 354 members and 6894 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X