300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mac1186 View Post
    I saw Blaine came off the new November posting on USA JOBS, I hope I can still get it come June.
    If you are already in the process you will be fine but if not you will have to wait for it to reopen.

But judging by the amount of pre-academy and people at FLETC and people coming in they have filled up quickly.
    Last edited by fathitman; 11-01-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      I put in a deferment until June with the placement and training department. I guess only time will tell.

• Anybody on here located in the Bay Area, California? I'm waiting on this polygraph and drug test to be scheduled and was wondering which 3rd party they use out here to do them

Comment

• batman_robin
      batman_robin commented
      Editing a comment
      im from the bay area. im in the same boat as you

• annuitcoeptis
      annuitcoeptis commented
      Editing a comment
      batman_robin our timeline is similar too except for the fact that I did my SI in August and PFT-1 09/01/17. I talked to MHC. They said a 3rd party does the poly and our poly appt depends on the availability of a polygraph proctor. I also spoke to the scheduling unit who told me that they still have open academy classes at FLETC for December. I just want my EOD already!
      Last edited by annuitcoeptis; 11-03-2017, 12:01 PM.

• Took my SI on 11/01/2017 and got my NOR today 11/02/2017, and passed. Now my wait for the Poly and drug test!! I am from 17-9 and SY port.

Where is everyone else from the 17-9 at in the process?

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-9 SY also. SI was 10/16 NOR 10/19 - also waiting for poly and drug test.

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      My SI is this coming Monday, and then hopefully my polygraph is in the next month or so. I was originally 17-9 but changed locations so reapplied with 17-10.

• So I had to do a second retake and what a surprise I failed it. Apparently I’m hiding serious crimes. What a complete joke. Don’t bother going for a retake. You automatically already failed it. They just do it to cover their ***.

8 hours of my life down the drain per usual.

Remove polygraphs already.

Comment

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      I failed it two years ago and they gave it to me a month later, but just like you said they just want to cover their butts. Poly sucks

• MCR1
      MCR1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Milushka22, I was notified 3 weeks, and he told me off the bat the second time. He said I'm hiding someone, and Quality Control won't have anything to go besides me saying "I didn't do anything". What a complete disgrace the process is. Thanks for wasting my time CBP.

And yeah JeJe, it's a joke. Polygraphs are inadmissible for a reason in court. It's just a way to remove people from the process. Simple.

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      MCR1 I'm really sorry that things didn't go as planned. i took my poly almost 2 weeks ago and i still haven't gotten my results .....

• tlouisiana
      tlouisiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear your experience. I too was having trouble with the serious crime question. I took my poly over two months ago. But I still do not have my results. I never received a email saying I failed. I never got a retest yet and the poly section on the app says still pending. I even went take and passed my drug screen. It’s frustrating. Almost 3 months since I took my poly and no results.

• Recently applied but I'm having problems with the step test for the PFT-1. I'm not on that step of the process yet, but I figured it's best to practice early on. I'm not the most fit person in the world, but I do run every other day and I try to exercise the best I can. However, I can only do 2-3 minutes at most for the steps. I don't know how to build up to the 5 minutes.

Any recommendations and time frames of how long it took you to build up to the full five minutes? I'm not sure if I should practice many times a day or if I should try every other day or even if there's another exercise that'd help... I'm a pretty short female (5'1) so stepping on the step feels like climbing a mountain. Although I can do more than five minutes at a different tempo, the tempo of the stepping seems to be what kills me.

Comment

• karinka2002
      karinka2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed following while practicing - try switching up the legs by tapping the foot (instead of stepping down) and then starting with that same foot again. This will help with relieving some of the pressure from your dominant leg (or the one you started stepping with).

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't have to place your foot entirely upon the step, you only need to get your toe-box onto the step and then get back down. I found that this makes it a little easier. Besides "just doing the step-test" over and over, you may want to implement doing some "high-knee" exercises. Youtube it if you aren't sure how to do them. I think doing some wind-sprints will help build cardio endurance as well. This may help your legs adapt for the 12 inch step test. Just remember, 5 minutes and then you are done. If you are sore and hurting after 3, just remember, 2 minutes to go. Once you complete it, then that's it. However, keep working out in anticipation of the academy. Good luck and keep breathing.

• jonesy_k
      jonesy_k commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure your breathing is under control. With most cardio/endurance related exercises, I've found that breathing erratically makes me more winded/tired quicker as opposed to keeping it controlled. It (breathe in, hold it for 2 seconds, breath out) also ensures that your lungs, muscles, etc. is actually receiving the O2 which makes a difference in my experience. Plus it also gives you something else to focus on!

I didn't practice beforehand. It wasn't as easy as I assumed it would be, but it's doable. I'm shorter than you btw.

• Hey Everyone. I passed the poly a month ago. I have not hear from my BI yet. Mobile app says Drug Test scheduling in progress and EOP just switched to under review. Did anyone else have to wait this long after poly to hear anything?

Comment

• ak56221
      ak56221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I had it happen 2 weeks ago, I recertified my e-QIP a week ago this past Friday, I have yet to receive anything back yet. My understanding is in order to send your case to a BI your e-QIP must have been certified within a certain time frame. Talking to others it took about two weeks to clear/talk to BI and another week after that for a final offer. Good Luck!
      Last edited by ak56221; 11-04-2017, 02:59 PM. Reason: .

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      i took my my poly on Oct 26th and still have not heard back, poly shows as pending BI and drug test show as in process. im not sure what to think.

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      any updates? I took my poly Oct. 26th, status updated to pass 2 weeks after. I have not heard from yet.

• Okay, I meant *Equip was under review. Thanks! They would tell me if I needed to re-certify anything, correct? Were you saying that talking to others it was about 2 weeks after equip showed "under review" or 2 weeks after poly? I am just making sure I don't need to call. I never received an email about passing the polygraph either. It just switched to "pass" under mobile site. Home stretch and I am feeling a bit anxious to finally get an EOD

Comment

• ak56221
      ak56221 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never received an email about passing my poly either, although like the day after my poly changed to "completed-pass" (Green) my "e-QIP section went back to pending (yellow) saying "you will be contacted by OPR with additional information" or something along those lines. About a week later I received an email stating that I have completed all preliminary requirement's and ready for the "field" phase of my background investigation, but I needed to recertify my e-QIP first (the e-QIP section on the hiring app changed also that day saying "recertification was needed"); . I recertified my e-QIP on 11/27/17 and as of today I have not hear anything yet and my hiring app status for e-QIP is still the same also. Talking to two other people it took them about two weeks from the date they recertified their e-QIP to meet with their BI, and roughly one week after meeting with the BI they received their final offer and EOD. I completely understand you anxiety and excitement; so close that everyday goes by your checking the hiring app hoping for an update! I can not wait I just want to get my EOD already and submit my letter of resignation to the BOP already!

• Anyone here from 18-1 who already got NOR for exam ?

Comment

• tino215
      tino215 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im on VRA 17-12 & still waiting...

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      tino215 when did you take it ?

• Lawati
      Lawati commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Lawati; 12-30-2017, 11:23 PM. Reason: Because I can’t delete it.

• Anyone know a number or email I can contact to find out about my medical? It has been almost 2 months since I took it and haven’t heard anything as yet. Did not have no major medical history to document.

Comment

• Anybody else in the 17-8 San Francisco announcement??

Comment

• jonesy_k
      jonesy_k commented
      Editing a comment
      keifehr Yes, they really call and personally visit the character references, education, and employers that you listed. They are very thorough. That's why the investigation takes so long, in my opinion.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know. Thanks

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      dalie_utcc they will visit your current employer man. I didn't mentioned it to mine neither but they should be proud that you going for such a high profile job

• dalie_utcc
      dalie_utcc commented
      Editing a comment
      RGC1988 The investigator just visited me at work and it looks like my boss is not really happy about me leaving soon. Can I just quit now? It is very awkward at work now.

• I am apart of the 17-9 job announcement. going in for my SI tomorrow morning (11/7). Could anyone tell me specifically what questions i may be asked??
    Looking to get hired? Need advice? Post questions, experiences & job leads here

Comment

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      We all signed a form that we cant share any information about the interview.
      Just show up and treat it like a normal job interview. They might take your fingerprint before or after the interview but depends on time allows.
      Good luck

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be fine, I'm 17-10 and I have my interview on Monday.

• Got the call for my interview with the BI today. I'll be meeting with him on Thursday. I'm class 17-6.

Comment

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Hopefully it will fly by!

• E-qip was rejected today due to the information about my father. Anyone know if I could get away with just listing down his name? I have no other info about him as we haven't talked for about 20 years now.
    Last edited by disman; 11-08-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't 100% remember but I was in a similar situation. I think I just gave name, DOB, city and state.

• disman
      disman commented
      Editing a comment
      GD1R90 Thanks for the reply. I only have his name, month/day, country, and name of his business. Hopefully that will work out.
      Last edited by disman; 11-08-2017, 11:04 PM.

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      my equip was rejected originally due to the info about my parents. They were born in Peru and i did not have all details, once they asked me to correct it I added all i knew and wrote in the comment area that i did not have any further information. It was all they needed to know

• Just to Clarify, for those of you who have finished everything and received EOD's. Even though the PFT2 is waived does it still show as "pending" on the CBP Jobs App?

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      It blacks out on the app and changes to not required at this time

• ak56221
      ak56221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thanks!

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      In the final offer letter it makes a point to stress that the fitness test is an important part of the academy. Though it looks like you have 2 practice assessments before the final test. Doesn’t look too bad though

• Okay, just had to recertify my information on my eQIP and they sent me an email saying it was sent up to higher review. My question is...I applied for Border Patrol and Customs. The Medical and Polygraph was used for both. Will my background investigation part be used for both as well. I have only heard from Border Patrol for recertifying eQIP

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6587 users online. 346 members and 6241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X