Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had my poly today, the examiner only asked me 2 set of questions and was done. did not ask about my personal self such as drugs, or if i ever been to jail, if ive ever lied, or anything about my family...idk i was expecting more...is this a common thing?

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious, so how long did the poly take you?

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was there from 830am to 1230pm. that was the entire process from the moment i walked in to the moment i walked out.

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      i failed poly two years ago. they tested me the second time which only took less than two hours. the first time it was 4 to 5 hours. he asked me all kind of questions and was focusing on drugs to a point that he wouldn't move on to anything else. so, two years later i am back in the process. I am from Tampa and hope that I get the same person as you did. at least he doesn't seem unreasonable. why did it take you four hours thought, kinda long for not covering other sections. ?

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      JeJe thats from the moment i walked in to the moment i walked out. he explained everything to me, went over my equip, updated info, asked about additional stuff which i provided and he had to update it all in the system. He gave me I believe 3 breaks. i was very open with the drug questions and he already knew since he reviewed my file, we talked about that, then did some tests with the poly, went over the questions to make sure i understood in detail, he would ask me questions about the meaning of the words he was using to make sure we were 100% clear...

• Hello I took my SI in Houston TX on 10/25/17 and got my results the following day.. how long do you all think it will take to get scheduled for the polygraph? I only need polygraph and drug test. I'm exempt from taking the PT2 because I applied as a GS9

Comment

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat as you but I believe the PFT2 has gone away permanently, unless you were an applicant from before June.

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also waiting for a poly date. My SI was 10/16 and got results a few days later.

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here took SI 10/4 ,Medical 10/10 waiting for that to clear on CASS. And Poly & Drug to be scheduled

• annuitcoeptis
      annuitcoeptis commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my SI 08/24/17, took the PFT-1 09/01/17. Still waiting to be scheduled for the Polygraph/Drug Test

• How long after NOR of the SI are we notified to take the polygraph?

Comment

• Hi guys, am scheduled to take the physical test next week. Am a little worried about the PT due to the sit ups. How was the PT for the guys who already took it? Did a lot of people fail? Were the sit-ups hard?

Comment

• batman_robin
      batman_robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Very simple and easy. 12 pushups. 20 situps. step test.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      The PFT-1 is an audio recording. The proctor will start the audio file and you will basically just listen to it the entire time, while the proctor makes sure you do what you are supposed to.

You will get instructions for each step of the PFT-1, then it will tell you to get on your back - in a sit-up position. The proctor will hold down your feet (flat) on the floor while they count each repetition. You need to complete 20 sit-ups in order to pass this portion and it is strictly pass or fail - maxing out does not matter and it will just tire you out.

After the sit-ups test, the audio gives you 3 minutes to rest, while it speaks the instructions for the push-ups test. Based on your height, you will get either a 4 or 5 inch foam block placed under your chest. When you go down for your push-ups, you will need to touch the foam block to your chest in order for it to count. The audio will tell you when to get into push-up position, then tell you when to start. You need to complete 12 push-ups in order to pass. Again, maxing out does not matter as long as you do 12, so don't tire yourself out.

Again, you will get 3 minutes of rest, while the audio explains the 12 inch step test. There are practice steps in the audio before the test, which I found a little confusing, but nothing at this time matters until the test tells you to start. Once the test begins, you must stay with the cadence the entire time. I have read that you can "mess up" the cadence about 6 times and fix yourself before it is considered a fail, but don't quote me on this.

Anyways, stretch before you do it, keep on breathing, and as long as you are in some form of physical condition, then it shouldn't be too bad. If you find yourself struggling with this and move on, then you really should focus on getting in better shape. If you make it to the academy just scraping by, I'm sure it'll be so much harder than if you worked out a little more in anticipation of it.

This is an old file of the fitness test script, which includes all of the old 5 parts. If you want to see what the audio will speak for the 3 you need to do, then you can find it here: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...t%20(step).pdf

If you are worried about the sit-ups, then I would go to youtube and search something like "military situps test" and take some notes. The test performed for CBP is very similar to these tests, but the number required for CBP is much lower than most standardized tests. Just keep in mind, CBP wants the test performed with your hands behind your head, but with your fingers not interlocked, your feet must be flat on the floor, and your knees should be at a 90 degree angle.

Good luck.
      Last edited by county25; 10-28-2017, 06:20 PM.

• toonguy15
      toonguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sit-ups were just standard situps, I think you should be fine, try practicing this week

• You have to do only 25 in one min.. I was 8 weeks postpartum when I took it and I did good even though I wasn't working out for almost a year due to being pregnant

Comment

• Thanks Jax09 for the encouragement. I feel much more confident now.

Comment

• The step test was more difficult than I thought it would be. Passed it but felt a bit gassed afterward for a minute or two. Mainly focused on jogging/walking. The main aerobic activity in the academy is jogging/running right?

Comment

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be my guess. Someone said previously that one of the fitness graduation requirements was a 1.5mile run in 15 minutes. I would probably work on that, pushups, and flexibility.

About 10 forum pages ago, we were talking about the fitness graduation requirement. From the post:

"220m sprint under 45sec, 1.5mi run under 15min, 25 pushups or more, sit and reach over 12in."

I would make sure you could do those before entering the academy and then you know you'll be fine as long as you don't get injured.
        Last edited by county25; 10-31-2017, 04:19 AM.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only thing I'm a bit worried about doing these runs at the academy is the location. It could be almost 100 degrees outside doing this stuff!

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're here in the summer I might worry. I started in the tail end of summer and still had many black flag days. 100 heat index and 100% humidity is no fun. Now its been in the 40's in the mornings and it didn't even hit 80 today. You won't have to worry about doing outside activities when its nasty hot though. FLETC has very strict rules when it comes to that.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ohh I see. What are black flag days? Also how hot does it have to be to not be doing pt outside?

• Soooooooo,
      how long after the polygraph will I get the results? i had my poly last Thursday.

Comment

• Applied for the CBPO 17-9 announcement, took my medical & physical on 9/21. On my Hiring Process it shows that EQIP is being reviewed, Physical was passed, and Medical and Drug are Scheduling In Progress (even though I took my medical the same day as my physical). I was just wondering if this is the usual, since I haven't received any emails after the one scheduling my Fitness Exam. From the looks of it, it seems that this is a long process for everyone. Just figured I'd check in on here to see if this all looks like it's on right track. Thanks.

Comment

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          17-9 DH as well. Had my medical 8/24 and PFT-1 9/5. It took 7 weeks for my medical to go green in the app and PFT-1 about a week. Had my SI 10/16 and results 10/19. Currently waiting to hear about scheduling poly.

• ExtraRely
          ExtraRely commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking they're just backlogged right now. It's been about 7 weeks since my medical and I have nothing but "reviewing medical results" showing on my app. I guess the good news is they haven't asked for more information or another medical providers opinion on anything, as they shouldn't because all I've had was PRK around 3.5 years ago.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          17-9 Blaine
          Same boat as you, Medical 9/21, fitness 9/26. PFT-1 turned green after a few days. Medical showing still scheduling. I received a call from CHS 2 weeks ago asking to send in my VA rating.
          Got the residency and provisional clearance forms today and have till 11/5 to send them in.

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          ------------
          Last edited by Sheridan1; 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM. Reason: wrong thread

• Okay so I recertified my e-QIP Friday. Does anyone have a timeline on how long it will take them to review and approve the e-QIP. Everything on the hiring app is green except 1. The e-Qip (Which I just re-certified on Friday), 2. Background Investigation (I chose Pre Clearance), 3.PFT-2 (I don't think I have to do I am 17-4), and 4. Final offer. I am hopeful that they will accept my e-QIP recertification asap and get my paperwork over to the scheduling unit!

Comment

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          May I ask what exactly re-certifying the eqip is? Is it just making any corrections to your eqip before talking with your BI?
          Last edited by GD1R90; 10-31-2017, 01:23 PM.

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea it’s basically updating any new information that might have changed through the hiring process.

• ak56221
          ak56221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah basically my understanding is after so many days they require a recertification in order to forward it out to a field investigation.

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok that makes sense

• Anybody chose not to enter under provisional clearance?
        17-9 GS7, Blaine
        Applied: 7/31/17
        Exam NOR: 8/21/17
        Medical: 9/21/17, More documents needed emailed 3/21/18
        Fitness: 9/28/17
        SI: 4/24/18
        Poly: 5/16/18 - Pass June 19
        Medical cleared: 7/26/18
        Reapplied 18-11 VRA selected for GS9
        BI:Found unsuitable 8/23/18
        Drug:??
        EOD:??

Comment

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I chose not to get the provisional clearance. I did it just to be safe as I got in some minor trouble in my youth. Its probably not anything that would hold me up but I'd hate to quit my job, leave for training and half way through have someone pull me aside and say they cant have me any longer due to some issue.

• jonesy_k
          jonesy_k commented
          Editing a comment
          batman_robin entering under a provisional clearance means they offer and you accept the job (provisionally) while your BI is still in progress. However, if something negative in your background comes up, they reserve the right to terminate you point blank even if you've been working for a year.

If you have nothing to worry about, then it'll get you working sooner, since BIs could take years for some, which is great. But if you have a questionable past or want to err on the side of caution, then maybe not so much.
          Last edited by jonesy_k; 11-01-2017, 11:07 AM.

• epesguerra
          epesguerra commented
          Editing a comment
          I chose no provisional clearance as well. I think it's best for applicants who are currently unemployed and are 100% sure nothing comes back negative.

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          I did not take it due to being BOP already and having a good job to sit and wait at for the process.

If you don't have a good job and need to start working now then I do suggest you taking the provisional and getting to work. You just run the risk of getting fired not for what you did at work but something that might have come up in your past and the BI thinks you are not fit for the job.

• Hello everyone Im currently in the process and just recently completed medical and sent the equip if everything goes smoothly as it has I should be getting my structure interview date for next month. Is there a a way to reschedule the interview? I will be out of town. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reply to the scheduling e-mail. Check to make sure your e-mail is being sent to [email protected]. I had to reschedule the one they assigned me as well, but it was no problem. They do warn you that if they re-schedule it and for some reason you can't make the new appointment, then you won't get another chance to re-schedule (per the e-mail).

Here are other e-mail contacts throughout the hiring process if someone is looking for it: https://www.cbp.gov/careers/hc-contact-table

• Originally posted by njgfm View Post
        Hello everyone Im currently in the process and just recently completed medical and sent the equip if everything goes smoothly as it has I should be getting my structure interview date for next month. Is there a a way to reschedule the interview? I will be out of town. Any help is appreciated thanks.
        You should be able to call and reschedule

Comment

• Hey everyone, Ive been reading through this post and i haven't seen really anyone post about VRA positions. I am curious if anyone else on here has applied under a VRA posting and how their timeline was?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Mac1186
          Mac1186 commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted the same lady who sent me the poly waiver request denial. I explained to her how the form was wrong and she said ok send me proof(my security clearance memo). 3 weeks later I was approved.

• ExtraRely
          ExtraRely commented
          Editing a comment
          I might have to do the same. I’m just going to say that I feel there should be an exception to policy since I’m still serving in the military and have the T5. Denying it because I’m not a veteran makes no sense lol.

• FederalHopeful
          FederalHopeful commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought that the poly was waived for people with TS/SCI clearances only?

I had a TS but not SCI and had to do the poly

• ExtraRely
          ExtraRely commented
          Editing a comment
          That's correct. A TS on its own isn't enough. I have the TS/SCI and fulfill all other requirements except the Veteran portion, since I'm presently serving and haven't fully gotten out yet, I'm not a Vet. I spoke to MHC yesterday and they confirmed that I'm still not eligible. Makes no sense to me.

• I saw Blaine came off the new November posting on USA JOBS, I hope I can still get it come June.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8774 users online. 430 members and 8344 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X