Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got the call 4 days ago, I was a VRA 17-7 applicant and the process wasn’t as bad as most people think. I also qualified to get a lot of things waived, such as the PFT1, MED, and POLY. The only question I have is for those who got the call. I was originally given an EOD of JAN 04 2018. I can’t work until AUG 01 2018 because I am still active duty until then. So the hiring center said I can put in a deferment by submitting them a copy of my active duty on orders. They said they would call be back when a fully funded vacancy opens for my port of choice(I applied to a location negotiable vacancy). So they said whatever is available when they call I can choose from and I have 24 hours to decide. My question is, is there anything I should of requested or stated that I’m missing or overlooking? I want to work in Washington state preferably Blaine and have an EOD date of 01 AUG 2018. The process took a total of 4-5 months.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a similar situation: they called and told me that my primary selection was unavailable, but they gave me a list of 14 different duty stations I could put in for. I actually got a better port imho (small town outside of a big city) as a result.

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I hope I get a similar predicament, I would hate to lose my primary selection of port.

• Hey I was wondering if I can apply to two different announccments at the same time. Applied for the 17-9 direct hire couple months ago and wanted to apply for a next location starting at gs 09. Will my current progress transfer to the next application and cancel out the 17-9 application or will they both be active and I can choose whichever ever one I want to go with at the end?

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
      annuitcoeptis commented
      Editing a comment
      tysho21 I've applied to 4 announcements. When I log onto the application status system it shows all 4 of my applications and the Background, Medical, PFT-1, SI all are transferred over to reflect on all applications. So the answer is yes, you can apply to as many as you want.

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you apply even after you’ve been referred to the hiring section? I have 9 months until I even start working. Just wondering if I should even try for a GS9 ... I can Taylor my resume for it.. I’m currently a special agent in the dod I just wonder if they will dismiss my “law Enforcement” experience if I don’t have arrest authorities.

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      why do you want to be a cbpo from a special agent?

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking to get out of the military so I don’t have to deploy and move my family all around the world to random spots... not my cup of tea

• Anyone here trying for any of the southern California ports?

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      San Ysidro is the biggest port in Cali and I thought it would speed up the process, though I doubt it. I’m also from Miami so Cali seems better than Tx or Az.

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm trying for San Francisco disman

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      San Ysidro here, just had my poly today so im just waiting to hear the results.

• Pmgrad08
      Pmgrad08 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-9 DH for San Ysidro, Cali...relocating from Tampa FL. BUSY PORT ALOT OF OT

• Just got my Structured Interview date, with that being said can anyone provide any insight? What kind of questions will be asked, how many?? Anything helps

Comment

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with ES90. Can't discuss anything about the SI. Dress well, think before you answer and answer reasonably. Good luck.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Understood, thanks!

• Tagert33
      Tagert33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! I’m a 17-9 CBPO applicant for Maine too. How is it going for you? My SI is on Jan 18th.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Tagert33, My polygraph is next Wednesday, also I'm leaning more towards Alexandria Bay, NY!

• Well, I've sent off my medical clearance paperwork and my EQIP and background are being reviewed. Any timetable on possible job offers?

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like the process/steps are totally different for everyone. I got referred to the scheduling unit, completed my drug test, and met with my BI all in the same day last week. I am hoping I get the call soon but I’m also trying to get my mindset that it could take weeks/months. I’ve also read other posts from people who’ve been in the scheduling unit for months and others who get called the very next day. The port you select and your background seem to play a huge role in when you get the job offer.

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Capt_Falco Maybe. The only reason why I'm doing all of this because they forgot to notify me of any medical clearance I needed. It could of been done. However, they've received my medical paperwork and I've re certified my EQIP so its only a matter of time now...

• Got THE CALL earlier today! It was from an unknown number and HR from the scheduling department. I'm 17-7 for San Ysidro announcement in April. EOD date is January 7th and FLETC is February 6th. Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Capt_Falco; 10-24-2017, 11:22 AM.
    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      ak56221 Haha yup my thoughts exactly, thanks.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome, man! Good luck to you!

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      3nf0rc3r thanks bro! They actually called me again today and said they made a mistake and the EOD is actually on the 7th, which makes more sense then the middle of the week. Idk how they make that mistake but I was worried for a second lol

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck bro!! Capt_Falco

• Yea, I re-certified my eQIP today. I'm 17-6. Hopefully hearing from a BI soon.

Comment

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm from 17-6 too. Just had my poly, waiting to hear back. good luck!

• Not a hiring process related topic but it has been bothering me since I applied for CBP. Please advise to delete if not allowed.

I have spent 8 years with lots of family's financial support to obtain a bachelor degree from a UC that is totally unrelated to CBP. I think they will be upset and mad once they found out if I ever actually get hired. It makes me feel I might have made a wrong decision for a career change at age 31

Any opinion on my frustration? I know it sounds like silly but I feel that this forum is the place where I can find honest opinion and helpful advice. Thanks people
    Last edited by GNg; 10-24-2017, 05:54 AM.
    17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
    08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
    09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
    09/21/17 - NOR
    10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
    10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
    10/23/17 - Medical Exam
    10/30/17 - Fitness Test
    11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
    11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
    12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
    12/22/17 - e-QIP released
    01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
    01/06/18 - SI - Passed
    2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
    B I - Pending
    Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      SYS is pretty much at the apex of what overtime there is to be offered out there. If you want it, and maybe even if you don't, expect long hours and maximum earning potential.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 for the pay scale table you quoted - Generally speaking: when you reach GS-12 is each step after 1 year or after every few months? If it matters, I qualified at GS-07 (last steps to complete is poly/BI/drug screen). I know each persons situation may be different, but what is considered typical? This is mostly out of curiosity. Thank you in advance.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      52 weeks to clear steps 1-3, 104 weeks to clear steps 4-6, 156 weeks to clear steps 7-9.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the quick response. It's much appreciated!

• Has anyone, or does anyone know someone who failed the polygraph and re-applied after the allowable time and got through ?

Also anyone apply to Boston, MA or Newark, NJ?
    Last edited by Steph631_; 10-24-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      i failed two year ago. i am back in the process now. do you know since i passed the SI two years ago will they take it into consideration? thanks

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      JeJe no i asked and they told me I had to retake everything over nothing is valid anymore..

• Does anyone know how long it will take for my drug test to clear on the App?

Comment

• jonesy_k
      jonesy_k commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine took about 1 week

• My medical just finally cleared after roughly 7 weeks. Just waiting on my poly to be scheduled, BI and and drug test. I opted out of the option for an early clearance so I imagine I still have a lot more waiting to do. I'm 17-9 Direct hire SY but also applied for 17-11 Alexandria Bay.

Comment

• Is the structured interview a score or a pass/fail?

Comment

• keifehr
        keifehr commented
        Editing a comment
        pass or fail

• I applied 17-6 under VRA and received a tenative officer. I have since completed my medical and PFT1 along with my interview the beginning of thus month. I notice my medical is showing on my tracker is still being reviewed but it was completed back in August. Do anyone knows how long do the clearance take. Also what is the tine frame to have polygraph take to schedule

Comment

• disman
        disman commented
        Editing a comment
        ExtraRely I had LASIK in 2013, it wasn't a problem at all.

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical took 7 weeks to clear.

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm assuming mine will be somewhere around that timeframe then. I'm not too worried since I do have the poly coming up next so its not like I'm waiting on the medical to start. Just want that green check!

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical exam was requested on July 10th. I attended it on July 20th. I had no problems or issues to report and completed everything successfully. The results from CHS were submitted as "hire" on August 14th (3-4 weeks after) and a check on my application soon thereafter. I'm sure the staff with CHS that review everything is the biggest hurdle with that step, especially if you've had any past medical problems, surgeries, etc.... Good luck.

• Thanks. Have your polygraph been schedule yet

Comment

• Hello anyone VRA 17-12 same boat?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10318 users online. 381 members and 9937 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X