300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys,
    Anyone else here that applied for the port of Blaine, WA? And if you are currently on EoD for the port

Comment

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for Blaine, 17-9. Only half way through the process. fathitman is already on port, maybe he can help you out. epesguerra also applied for Blaine, same spot I am on the hiring path.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      Casper_Talon same here, im waiting on Medical & BI to clear, and Poly to be scheduled. Hope the process will start to pick up again soon.
      county25 is also applied for Blaine and same spot on the path.
      Glad we have a few people here going to Blaine for almost the same hiring path.

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my medical and fitness on 9/28, still waiting for medical to go green on CHS, passed pft1. I still have the SI and rest of the stuff, hopefully all will be done and finished by March next year.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Still waiting for poly to be scheduled.

• Hey guys, I applied for the 17-11 announcement, took the exam and received a passing score, NOR Oct 5th. Have not heard anything else. I downloaded the app and when I log in, it says there nothing no file attached to my email.

Anyone else apply for the 17-11 announcement?

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should receive an email within the next week or two I would imagine...

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      From the time I received my test NOR to the time I got an email from the hiring center with access to cass.....It was about 4 weeks.

• Had my SI yesterday. I think it went well however I wasn't told if I passed or failed. They said I'd hear from the hiring center within a few weeks. Fingerprints were done shortly after the SI so I'm hoping that's a good sign...

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear it most likely wont take weeks to hear back. Thanks!

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told the same as you. A few weeks for the result from MHC. It was about 7 business days for the result (pass).

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the email last night that I passed.

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Good luck with the BI

• I I applied back in April went through all the processes so far and got to my polygraph. While doing the polygraph the examiner told me that I was failing one question had me do it one or two more times I believe and told me that I was still withholding something about that question. After grilling me for about 30 minutes to get something out of me(which he didn't cause I was telling him the truth and everything I knew about that question) I was told he would be sending a letter to his bosses for a possible retest. He told me it would be 2 weeks for a response and I just got a response today in an email after 3 and a half weeks saying that my job offer has been pulled for an unfavorable polygraph and that there is no appeal process.

Is there anything else I can do to possibly get another chance ? Anything that might help is appreciate I know for a fact I was not lying so Idk why the test said I was and I really don't want to have to wait 2 years to reapply which is what the email stated.

Comment

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry to hear that. I would suggest calling the MN hiring center just to make sure on the next step you can take.
      Good luck

• JeJe
      JeJe commented
      Editing a comment
      Two years ago I was in your shoes. that's why i applied two months ago after the two year mark. there is nothing you can do, i know, it really sucks. they failed me at the poly but they did give me a second shot a month after but they still failed me. I don't know what will happen this time around for me. The poly is unfair with the CBP and now they are reexamining the test according the the NTEU as they have the highest failing rate among other agencies. Anyways, really sorry to hear that about your test. Look for other opportunities.

• Pmgrad08
      Pmgrad08 commented
      Editing a comment
      That happened to another individual and she ended up switching over to the FBI and landed a job in Intelligence! Keep your head up test again but in 2 years you could possibly get a job with another Federal agency. I'm sorry for those who have failed I will be going for my Polygraph soon and although I have nothing to hide the failure rate scares me

• I got a call as I was leaving today from the Minneapolis Hiring Center & they gave me an EOD of December 11th, with Academy starting on the 14th. They also gave me a duty station list of 15 stations to choose from in 24 hours.

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      3nf0rc3r I put my location for San Ysidro but idk if they will give me other options, that would be cool though. Did you get the EOD for customs officer or for border patrol?

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Capt_Falco Border Patrol. If we're lucky, we'll end up in the same class.

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah okay, I'm in the process for Customs not BP so I would be going to FLETC in Glynco, Ga. Unless I'm mistaken and CBP also has academies in Artesia.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get a lot more specific info to your situation in the BP threads. Artesia is cold as hell in the winter especially the mornings, good luck

• I usually just read what everyone is saying in here, but I’m curious is anyone CURRENTLY at fletc? I am just trying to figure out what to expect if I pass my polygraph (I’m just extremely nervous since this is a HUGE part of the application process/ make or break mark)

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not at FLETC (which is in Artesia, New Mexico, at least for me) but within a month of my polygraph, I had my drug test and was referred to the scheduling unit.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm there currently, feel free to message me any questions.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      ES90 just tried to PM you but says you are not receiving PMs.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it now.

• 17-10 applicant

Scheduled SI Oct24, 2017

Comment

• 2 months after my SI in Charlotte, NC. I will be taking my poly on 10.26.17 in Orlando, FL

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a lot of distance between the two of those.. I've been lucky enough to have everything in my hometown thus far.

• milushka22
        milushka22 commented
        Editing a comment
        right.... i live in myrtle beach, SC. FLETC in Charleston SC has NO openings any time soon for a poly.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        Poly, PFT-1, and Medical was local here in Chicago. SI was in Detroit... but hell, I needed a vacation.

• Pmgrad08
        Pmgrad08 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will be taking mine in Orlando as well but not too bad as I live in Tampa...traveling to and from the Academy on the weekends to see my children wont be so bad either

• Is the time frame for getting a poly date about 2 months after completing the SI?

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Extra, I just had my SI on Monday and got results of a pass on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything yet as far as the poly goes but like yourself I'm hoping its sooner than later. I applied to 17-9 direct hire for San Ysidro and also 17-11 for Alexandria Bay.

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        GD1R,

I believe I did Alex Bay as well for the VRA postings and then I did a SYS for one of the direct hires, we'll see who bites first! Still no official word from MHC on whether I passed the SI but if they did fingerprints then I think its safe to say I'm good. I'll keep you posted if I hear from the poly at any point soon.

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the app updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays from what I've noticed. I'll bet you'll get your email on Tuesday.. And Alex Bay would be a great location, that area is a really beautiful place to live.

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the notification through email today around noon that I passed. App still shows reviewing results but like you said, I think they update it during the week.

• Hello everyone,

Been a lurker reading these post during my process of being hired with CBP. Curious when to expect my SI , i imagine its after E-Q / Medical. Any veterans with high VA % have issues?

I applied for gs-9 out of Washington state. That was approved.
      PFT-1 Passed took 2 weeks to go green.
      E-Q in Review.
      Medical is in review.
      Drug test awaiting appointment.
      Waiting on everything else.

Best of luck to all glad to finally be here helping with anyone i can.

Also when you guys did your PT -1 is it normal they do not let you max out scores?

Comment

• Casper_Talon
        Casper_Talon commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a few of us that are in the WA port process, nice to add someone new!
        When I did my fitness, the examiner was a 20yr LE veteran, he told me it's a pass/fail, there's no need to max out. I did all my medical/fitness the same day, together, so I did the required and went on to the next. No reason for me to try to max, because that way my body was relaxed for the vision/hearing/etc.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        PFT-1 is pass/fail. No need to do extra.

• Good Evening Everyone
      I'm from the 17-9 announcement for SY and have my SI scheduled for November, 1st. I am super excited, and a tad bit nervous. I'm with BOP now and cant wait to move on. Any advice is welcome.
      Last edited by will.wilwon552; 10-20-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• will.wilwon552
        will.wilwon552 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am trying! been in for about 2 years now and have apps everywhere lol.

and I did qualify for gs9, so hopefully ill get in!! I am a 6-2 now and that pay jump would be nice.

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        fathitman Did they match you based on total locality pay when you were in BOP? I'm currently a 7-3 in BOP and qualified for the gs 9 CBP spot. I would think I'd start as a 9-1 but another step or 2 would be awesome, though the 9-1 is higher than my current pay. will.wilwon552 the greatest day will be giving 2 week notice to BOP lol, good luck

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 17-9 for SY as well. Had my SI on Monday. Can't really say much about the interview.. just be yourself and think through your answers before you speak. Good luck!

• Pmgrad08
        Pmgrad08 commented
        Editing a comment
        will.wilwon552 I am also 17-9 SY!: ) Looks like there's at least 3 of us in this group going to SY; I hear its a super busy port we work days the first 2 months and then overnight shift but we get night differential and extra pay for Sundays...16 hour shifts and they give a waiver to go over the 45k Cap in OT for our port due to it being so busy! Anyone started looking for their children's school, place to live etc... in Cali? Moving with Family?? GD1R90

• I’m a 17-7 applicant and just took my Poly on 10/18 in Chicago. I had a CBP employee do my polygraph. Everything was going well until the end of the polygraph when he started saying, “something was missing, I’m 99% there but I might be hiding some information” he then proceeded to tell me that I answered no to selling drugs when I never have. Does this mean I failed? Also if I were to take a poly retest what’s the point if he said I lied on e-qip form??

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they go over your e-qip with you before you took your poly?

• Odox002
        Odox002 commented
        Editing a comment
        No he went over it after poly. So after all the actual testing when I was hooked up to the components. He never mentioned me failing the actual test, just said he would send results and see what happens.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait a CBP employee did your polygraph? I’ve neber heard of that.

• Odox002
        Odox002 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well he was a CBP polygrapher, not a third party is what I meant lol

• I applied for both BPA and CBPO and referred for both around the same time. Sent the e-qip and scheduled my pre emp medical, not sure for which one, and my BPA pft-1 is scheduled. How do I know which one the medical is for? Or would it apply to both?

Comment

• agent823
        agent823 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at the first email sent after you were referred on USAJOBS for both annoucements. It will have an applicant ID you will notice they are different. Medical and background is the same for both. I also applied for both.

• Jarymoly
        Jarymoly commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied for two different positions and the only way I could find out that was sending an email to my CBP Hiring Department contact.

• Anyone on here 17-08 San Francisco?

Comment

• RGC1988
        RGC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        17-7 San Francisco

• RGC1988
        RGC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        3nf0rc3r how long it took for your EOD date

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        RGC1988 it took about 6 months from initial application

• batman_robin
        batman_robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Applied July
        Written Test July
        Medical August
        PFT 1 August
        SI October
        NOR of SI October (1 day after SI)
        Last edited by batman_robin; 10-27-2017, 12:30 AM.

• Question for everyone that knows the answer please. I waited two years after failing my poly and now i am back in the process. So, do i have to retake the interview and fingerprinting again since i passed and they took my prints two years ago???? Or will they accept my old interview from last app 2 years ago? Thank you all. Best of luck to everyone
      17-10 APPLICANT
      TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
      Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
      E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
      E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
      Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
      PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
      SI: 3/16 passed
      POLY: 5/16 pending results
      BI: in progress
      DRUG: in progress

Comment

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        If I'm not mistaken, the format for the structured interview has changed from two years ago. Most likely, you will need to do it again. They take electronic fingerprints for most people at the SI. Good luck.

• milushka22
        milushka22 commented
        Editing a comment
        during my SI i was told the results were valid for 36 months

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5299 users online. 235 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X