• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
    Hey folks, like many
    Of you I am hopeful applicant,(for the third time
    Third time taking the poly?

Comment

• Deleted who message won't post

Comment

• Hello all,
        I forgot to attach the Residency Requirement and Provisional Clearance form when submitted the q-QUip because of my "good" memory even though I have read the instructions before I started the q-Quip. Did I just screw up a big time already?
        17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
        08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
        09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
        09/21/17 - NOR
        10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
        10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
        10/23/17 - Medical Exam
        10/30/17 - Fitness Test
        11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
        11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
        12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
        12/22/17 - e-QIP released
        01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
        01/06/18 - SI - Passed
        2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
        B I - Pending
        Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should be fine - it happens to a lot of people. Were you able to attach them to your eqip and submit it?

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I tried to go back to attach them but was not able to login into the eQUip anymore.

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also forgot to attach those forms. The hiring center ended up emailing me later on in the process asking for them to be sent in within a certain time frame that they will give you. You should be fine man.. no worries.

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't sweat it. They want people to get through the process and should be sending you another request for additional information and you can update/attach what you need.

• Was going to apply for this, but am set on moving back to MD
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a decent sized port in Baltimore. Do both, if you want.

• How long does it usually take for the medical and PFT-1 results to be updated on the app?

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine took about 2 weeks to update

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
        Hey folks, like many
        Of you I am hopeful applicant,(for the third time). I have a couple questions. For those who qualified for GS9. Do you start off GS 9 step 3? The reason I ask is because those who qualify for GS 7 usually start at step 9 or 10. Which is higher than GS 9 step 1. 2nd question, for those who chose a port with the 25% incentive. Do you start receiving that on day one or after you complete the academy? You can respond privately, if thats more comfortably. I have the last two steps in this process, pray for me. Good Luck and God Bless.
        They are only hired at a step if they were previous federal employees coming into Customs from another agency, often times Border Patrol. If you are a new hire, you will be hired as a Step one in whatever grade (5,7,9)

Also, not sure why everyone thinks this, but Customs Officers does not equal CBP.

"Curious if anyone else can actually confirm this but I failed my CBP poly, and checking the mobile app it now says pending fail but also says the same for my BP app as well" Border Patrol is CBP. That is like working for ATF, FBI, DEA or USMS and saying claiming your job title is 'Department of Justice'.

CBP is comprised of other components. The correct thing to say would be 'I failed my Customs poly' or 'I failed my OFO poly.' Not quoting that one line to call that person out, but that is just the most recent of the thousands of misuses in this thread. Just telling people now, because better to find out now instead of finding out later after being hired that people who work for the other parts of CBP cringe when CBPOs claim the whole agency.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you were a current GS-07/09 or 07/10, they probably would step you up to a GS-09/03 on the promotion. Ask for the 09/03....the worst they'll say is no.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at it closer, it appears a 07/10 promotes to a 09/02

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad... should be a 09/05.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          "If you were a current GS-07/09 or 07/10, they probably would step you up to a GS-09/03 on the promotion. Ask for the 09/03....the worst they'll say is no."

Not possible. Since the 5/7 and 9 announcements are different announcements altogether, they can only hire you in the grades of the announcement you apply in. So if you apply in the 5/7, it would violate a sundry of OPM rules and regulations to offer you something else.

That is why I tell everyone to apply for both the 5/7 and 9 announcements concurrently. Let them tell you no, even if you know you don't meet the KSAs and Qualifications for the 9 announcements.

• Well...it is a CBP poly. See the Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010.

I wouldn't say CBPOs "claimed" CBP. More like it was foisted off on us when our previous legacy identities were destroyed. Nobody else wanted the "CBP" moniker, then or now. We got what we were given, not what anybody asked for or really wanted.

Comment

• OFO vs BPA ? Pay, Opportunities, assignemnets

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
            OFO vs BPA ? Pay, Opportunities, assignemnets
            It really depends on circumstance, location and preferences.

Overall, probably Border Patrol nudges out OFO in all three...but it really depends on where a person lives/works, what sort of work a person wants to be doing, how long of a career does a person expect to have, and what sort of options/opportunities does a person value or not value.

Comment

• Any ideas where latest vacancies will be available next announcement?

Comment

• I received ISD for my grade for the 05/07 position and was rated ineligible, yet was rated qualified for the 09 position. How is that and what does ISD mean?

Comment

• My progress on the app dropped down from 56 to 44%. Eqip forms are being reviewed by HRM staff. Anyone ever get this?

Comment

• ak56221
                    ak56221 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got this just the other day, did you find out why?

• Can anyone comment on the timeframe for a poly retest?

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea of when I should expect my drug test, and or offer of employment. All I have left is my drug test/ BI (I signed off on pre-clearance) I am hoping to hear something soon.

JAN 17 -Applied CBPO GS9 17-4 Announcement
                    2/14/17- NOR- Qualified
                    2/15/17- Letter of Vacancy ; Coburn Gore; ME
                    2/18/17- e-QIP Requested
                    3/3/17- Medical
                    3/21/17- PFT1 (PASS)
                    4/20/17- Further Medical Information Requested
                    5/11/17- New Case Manger Assigned
                    5/18/17- BI Released to OPR
                    6/14/17- SI/Fingerprints
                    6/16/17- Notice Of SI Results - Pass
                    7/5/17 - Further Medical Information Requested
                    8/17/17- Medical Information Being Reviewed
                    9/6/17 - Polygraph Scheduled
                    10/5/17 - Polygraph Taken (Verbal Pass)
                    10/13/17- Polygraph Updated In System - Pass
                    10/16/17- Medical Updated- Pass/Cleared

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
                      3nf0rc3r commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Capt_Falco yeah they made me do it even though I did it already

• ak56221
                      ak56221 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did your status on the eqip change back to being reviewed? Just happened today.

• Capt_Falco
                      Capt_Falco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ak56221 no it shows complete for my eqip. My drug test and BI are the only things still in process.

• milushka22
                      milushka22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My poly updated to pass on 11.10.17 I took the poly on 10.26.17 . I didn't receive an email on it, ir just updated on the app. I have not heard anything yet, I had requested some time off the week of Jan 14th with TSA I had planned to travel to PR. Not sure if i should anymore...

• Here's my timeline for 17-8:

07/11/17: NOR CBP OFFICER GS09
                    07/13/17: BI PACKET RECEIVED
                    07/15/17: BI PACKET COMPLETED
                    07/24/17: NOTICE OF RELEASE TO OPR
                    08/07/17: MEDICAL EXAM COMPLETED - PASS
                    08/17/17: STRUCTURED INTERVIEW
                    08/19/17: NOR STRUCTURED INTERVIEW – PASS
                    09/01/17: PFT1 – PASS

POLYGRAPH (waiting to be scheduled)
                    DRUG TEST (waiting to be scheduled)

I'm getting a little impatient...even though I know that people have waited longer than me. Just can't wait to start already!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10167 users online. 434 members and 9733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X