Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the PFT-1 today and I had some nonphysical problems with it. The lady that administered it decided to stop the audio and use her own stopwatch for the sit-ups and push-ups, which wasn't very convenient since the audio tells you how much time you have left. She also didn't allow breaks in between (not even 30 seconds).

I passed those sections but for the step test she skipped right to the part where the test begins, without listening to the instructions. I missed one beat but completed the entire five minutes. To my understanding that should've been a pass, but she said she had to make note of the fact that I missed a beat and that "the agency will decide".

I'm pretty sure the agency will take that as a fail, since notes are only included when a person doesn't complete the test. I'm pretty angry because if she'd listened to the instructions she would've known I can miss a beat and still pass. I don't mind redoing the test, but I'd like to know if there's anywhere I can report this so it doesn't happen again. Having to redo the test means I'm gonna be weeks behind in the process due to a careless mistake of the staff. The lady just seemed so inattentive and clueless.

Comment

• disman
      disman commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, she didn't want to do her job at all. I was in and out in less than ten minutes. I was actually still at the facility since my friend still had to do his test. I called the department and was told they'll talk to the facility (the person I talked to sounded astounded at what I told him). They'll supposedly review the files. I still think it's likely I'll retest, but at least there's that.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      that sucks. the one i had was very accommodating. they let me warm up/stretch first. provided me some water, and made sure i felt comfortable on my PFT.
      She gave me an option on both Push up and Sit ups if i want to complete the 1 minute or stop at the minimum requirements.

• batman_robin
      batman_robin commented
      Editing a comment
      The one i did was conducted by a physical therapist. she was very nice and explained everything out. For the cedence, she used a machine to keep the cadence

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't quote me here, but when I did my PFT1 - the administrator was under the impression you could miss about 6 cadence steps and adjust yourself back on track before you fail that part.

So, if she marked that you went off cadence once, then I think you'll be fine (but all I know is hearsay). I do know that if they mark that attempt as a fail, then you will get one more attempt after approximately 6 weeks.

Let us know and good luck.
      Last edited by county25; 09-30-2017, 06:33 AM.

• I just recently asked for a poly waiver and was sent a form that wont load on any PDF viewer. Does anyone know where I can find a working copy?
    How long does the waiver take generally for the poly?
    I applied in Feb but had a 6 wk setback when I fell during the timed step cadence. (No one said you needed to be graceful for this job.)
    Also - how soon do people get their training start date?

Comment

• Hi guys.
      I applied for the Direct Hire 17-10 to San Ysidro on 08-31-17
      I took my written test on September 12, 2017
      I received my NOR September 21st 2017.(Passed with 73)
      Do you guys think that I will move on to the next process due to my low score?

Comment

• handsom4life
        handsom4life commented
        Editing a comment
        You are good as long as you pass.

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is pass or fail and with a 73, you passed. Good luck with your process.

• Will CBPO consider an uncharacterized military discharge that was 8 years ago? Separation was before completing basic and given a re-entry code 3. Was told by military command that it would be as if they were never in the military at all.

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be fine with that discharge. The best way to find out is apply and start the process and see what happens. All that will happen is you BI will ask about it and whatever happened.

• Hi all, I failed my SI May 20, and I reapplied CBPO VRA 17-12, so I'm eligible to get in the process or not? Because they told me that I need to wait after 6 months for the next announcement. If I may get qualified for this, I need to do PTF 1 & medical again or go straight to the SI? Thanks

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's my understanding that you would need to retake both the medical and PFT-1.

• Originally posted by tino215 View Post
      Hi all, I failed my SI May 20, and I reapplied CBPO VRA 17-12, so I'm eligible to get in the process or not? Because they told me that I need to wait after 6 months for the next announcement. If I may get qualified for this, I need to do PTF 1 & medical again or go straight to the SI? Thanks
      Your eligible to reapply and you'll start off at the SI step. That's what happened to me, I would recommend you search for other LEO jobs in the mean time because CBP has basically a 70% failure rate. I took the NYCDOC job which pays about the same in 5 yrs.

Comment

• Hey everyone. So I took the CBPO exam on 9/3 and got my NOR on 9/21 (score of 75). Not a great score, got killed on math. I also reapplied to a newer job posting and switched my location to Boston. Do I have any chance of getting a look at with this score or am I looking at a long wait. Thanks.

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will go through the process the same just like a person with a higher score. I believe the only difference is, let's say you picked Boston and so did 100 other people. You and 50 of those other 100 (99, if you want to get technical) make it through the entire pre-employment process at the "same time". Based on final offers given, you may be asked if you will accept other locations or those that scored higher may be offered "Boston" first. However, from hearing from others, the agency needs lots of people and this outcome may not be very likely since so many don't make it through the entire hiring process.

I'm just offering my opinion on how I think it works, but I could be wrong. Either way, the written exam is strictly pass or fail. If you pass, you continue on through the process like anyone else. Final offers are based on agency/mission needs at the time of appointment.
          Last edited by county25; 10-03-2017, 04:02 AM.

• I don't know if anyone else had this happen, but a little over a week ago I was assigned a new case handler. And ever since my process has started moving a lot faster. My background has went to opr after waiting three months, my medical evaluation finally came back and on Friday I got an email with my SI scheduled for October 25th. It almost feels like my process is on fast forward now compared to the speed I was at. BTW the email said dress was business casual for the interview, is it actually business casual or should I just dress business?

Comment

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          First impressions are everything. I wore a suit and tie because I don't feel comfortable going to an interview in anything less. Does it matter? Maybe not, but it surely helped my confidence. I did pass my SI several weeks ago. To each their own, but I would at the minimum wear a button up, tie and slacks. My opinion and you can take it as it is worth. Good luck!

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          I wore a suit and a tie. The 5 other guys there were all in suits except maybe one local guy who was still wearing an Oxford shirt & dress pants/shoes.

• jynx19
          jynx19 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. I am definitely wearing a suit then. I didn't want to show up and be seriously underdressed. I'm nervous enough about the interview. I don't need more to worry about lol

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just respond with common sense and remember that CBP cares about customer service and reputation a lot.

• So I passed (at least according to the examiner) my Polygraph on Wednesday. Probably the easiest part of the process so far, since they did it at the field office right down the street from my current workplace.

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats 3nf0rc3r Can you give me an idea of your timeline? I'm still waiting for my polygraph and drug test - my last 2 steps.

• doe8
          doe8 commented
          Editing a comment
          So your poly was with a CBPO, was it a long day? I have mine in a week.

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, I recently took mine as well and felt it was a lot easier than I expected. I don't know if they changed the format or what but I was surprised the examiner said I passed after only 2 hours there. What announcement are you?

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          annuitcoeptis I applied to 17-7 back in April. I had a delay due to medical paperwork. I missed the first call from Internal Affairs because the number was blocked and I was driving at the moment. I called him back the next day & he had a cancellation the day after. I fortunately was able to clear it with my boss and had the poly the next day.
          doe8 nope, my appointment was at 0830. I arrived by 0800 and by 0840 I had met the Internal Affairs Officer/Agent, I was done by noon
          Capt_Falco 17-7, delayed due to medical paperwork (they asked if I had headaches, my dumb truthful self said "yeah") so they required me to go to my doctor who signed off.

• I take my polygraph on Thursday; anyone have any information on what I can expect? Do they follow the SF86 (e-Qip) questions or is it an everything and anything interview. I will say I have noticed a lot more positive experiences with the polygraph being posted on here recently compared to a few months ago. Hopefully mine will go good also; I have no reason or intentions on lying so I feel like I shouldn't be as nervous as I am.

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          ak56221 what is your timeline like? I'm still waiting for a call for my poly/drug test so I'm curious to know how long it typically takes to get the call/email for it.

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I talked to a recruiter who told me they started using a new polygraph technique that is resulting in a 20% greater pass rate. Also I've heard they go completely off of the answers on your eqip so just stick to whatever you put down and you should be fine.

• ak56221
          ak56221 commented
          Editing a comment
          JAN 17 -Applied CBPO GS9 17-4 Announcement
          2/14/17- NOR- Qualified
          2/15/17- Letter of Vacancy ; Coburn Gore; ME
          2/18/17- e-QIP Requested
          3/3/17- Medical
          3/21/17- PFT1 (PASS)
          4/20/17- Further Medical Information Requested
          5/11/17- New Case Manger Assigned
          5/18/17- BI Released to OPR
          6/14/17- SI/Fingerprints
          6/16/17- Notice Of SI Results - Pass
          7/5/17 - Further Medical Information Requested
          8/17/17- Medical Information Being Reviewed
          9/6/17 - Polygraph Scheduled
          10/5/17 - Polygraph
          Last edited by ak56221; 10-04-2017, 03:37 PM. Reason: .

• Does anyone know if your BI goes over your eqip with you before taking your poly?

Comment

• lordword81
          lordword81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi everybody, im new, so please go easy on me, i took my test in August, Medical a week later that stated that I passed, my PFT1 last week, that stated that I passed also but when I go online, everything shows "pending" i contacted "help" and they said their nurses need to review everything and it might take weeks...anybody else in similar situation please? I'm concerned even tho my husband works for same agency and he says this is the speed of the government and to get used to it....

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          lordword81 my medical took about 2 weeks to appear as "passed." It's a new system and takes some time to update. It typically updates on tuesdays.

• Acenall
          Acenall commented
          Editing a comment
          @lordworld81 I applied 7/31/17 and completed my medical 9/22/17 and fitness 9/25/17. Online my medical says pending review by nurses but my fitness still says that i have an appointment scheduled. I downloaded and use the CBP app on my phone. It seems to be updated more frequently and is mostly correct. I would suggest checking it that way.

• Originally posted by GD1R90 View Post
        Does anyone know if your BI goes over your eqip with you before taking your poly?
        Nope. Your BI doesn't do your poly, it's either Internal Affairs or a 3rd party contractor. Mine was Internal Affairs.

Comment

• GD1R90
          GD1R90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you speak to you BI before taking your poly? If not does the poly admin allow you to come forward with something you may have forgotten to put on your eqip?

• jonesy_k
          jonesy_k commented
          Editing a comment
          GD1R90 there are multiple BI's working on your file that report to one case manager. My case manager never answered his phone and rarely replied to emails, but a BI will contact you for an interview after your poly most likely. My examiner went through my eqip to make sure everything was accurate before we began testing. I mentioned a new thing or 2 and he just made a note of it and said he would update it later.

• Originally posted by ak56221 View Post
        I take my polygraph on Thursday; anyone have any information on what I can expect? Do they follow the SF86 (e-Qip) questions or is it an everything and anything interview. I will say I have noticed a lot more positive experiences with the polygraph being posted on here recently compared to a few months ago. Hopefully mine will go good also; I have no reason or intentions on lying so I feel like I shouldn't be as nervous as I am.
        Expect to get gutted.

I took it and it failed. Lol. Polygraphs are such nonsense. If you tell the truth you may still fail. Heads or tales? Good luck.

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          MCR1 how was the polygraph?

• MCR1
          MCR1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty terrible. Can't say I'm surprised. Even being truthful means nothing.

• annuitcoeptis
          annuitcoeptis commented
          Editing a comment
          MCR1 Did you go through Internal Affairs or 3rd party? What exactly went wrong if you don't mind me asking?
          I passed my interview August 17th and passed my PFT1 September 1st so I'm super anxious to be able to finally take the poly and drug test.

• MCR1
          MCR1 commented
          Editing a comment
          IA. He was with CBP. They try you to admit to complete bull**** at the end telling you that there's serious crimes you're not telling them, and proceed to give you stories of fellow ppl admitting it and then passing. I don't know what else the hell they wanted to know so he gave me 15 mins to think about "if I really want this job". I told him look I'm hiding nothing, so it is what it is. At this point whatever. I'm there for 8 hours hearing this pseudo science bull**** that is fake. I told him I've passed polygraphs before. "Well there was something happened between then now and now that you're not telling me". Lol yeah...me being a goddamn hermit with no social life due to a full time job and grad school definitely means I have time to do anything

He wasn't a bad guy, but this process is bull****.

• I just got medically disqualified because I didn't meet the minimum uncorrected eyesight 20/100. I have 14 days to submit waiver request package.
        Has anyone have any info in regards to the waiver being approved. What are my chances?

Comment

• Terminal_Island
          Terminal_Island commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical never turned green but my uncorrected vision is 20/400 as well.
          I received notice yesterday that I didn't meet the vision acuity. if I wanted a waiver I have 14 days to do so.

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          May I ask what is the wavier about ?

• Terminal_Island
          Terminal_Island commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 14 days to submit evidence that I posses experience that relates to law enforcement functions. The waiver request at a minimum must include Academy Certificates, training certificates,, resume, endorsement letter. A statement from applicant stating past experiences that show you can execute duties.

• Zerbs
          Zerbs commented
          Editing a comment
          They didn’t give you an option to have laser eye surgery?

• Hi All,

I have just received my TS today after receiving exam scores of 85. With nearsighted of - 5.00 and astigmatism of -1.75 vision , I am 99% sure that I will fail the vision test. I read a lot on this forum about getting Lasik done and retest after 90 test. If I will get Lasik done, should I do it now, before all the hiring process (eQip, Pft1 and Medical)? How will the uncleared medical exam affect my hiring process?

Lasik can provide me life time benefits but I personally do not need it if it is not the way to pass the vision test. Spending 4K+ without medical coverage under my current financial situation along with the well known high polygraph failure seems a risky investment.
        17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
        08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
        09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
        09/21/17 - NOR
        10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
        10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
        10/23/17 - Medical Exam
        10/30/17 - Fitness Test
        11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
        11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
        12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
        12/22/17 - e-QIP released
        01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
        01/06/18 - SI - Passed
        2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
        B I - Pending
        Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• ExtraRely
          ExtraRely commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd say if you are having doubts of passing it then you should just go ahead and get the Lasik done. I did it and it was by far the best investment I ever made. I also paid under $1500 for both eyes in 2014. If you go on Groupon and search "lasik vision institute", they may still have the deal if you're looking to save some money, or if your current plan doesn't cover it.

I've also read on other forums that the polygraph recently had some re-structuring done that 20% more applicants are now passing. Just passing on what I've read.

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the input. I have to submit the eQip by 10/15. I don't know if getting Lasik n laterow or soon will affect the progress of the following hiring process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4893 users online. 275 members and 4618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X