300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    ALSO.... VBT's are graded at the Port you take it in, they are not sent out to DC to be graded.....

I know someone posted a comment about this, and I wanted to clarify it...
    The port I took mine at said they had to mail them to Boston for review.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      The port I took mine at said they had to mail them to Boston for review.
      Hummm... Interesting
      Maybe it has to do with the Port itself?... If they have the personnel to deal with the VBT's...
      Merlin?.... chime in

I know mine was graded at my Port...
      Last edited by yoda; 11-20-2008, 03:35 PM.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Hummm... Interesting
        Maybe it has to do with the Port itself?... If they have the personnel to deal with the VBT's...
        Merlin?.... chime in
        I finished my VBT at 10AM, and the Sup CBPO told me it was going to be mailed out today for MHC to look at. This was at SFO.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Pawn:
          You met your investigator a month ago... some people get pushed through, others are left in a pile and forgotten... it's just the way it goes!
          You need to worry about a NOPA when 6 months have gone by and you're still waiting to be cleared. Most of the people don't realize how lucky they are when they get a "completed" BI before they even meet their investigator or even 3 days after they meet... All it means, is that, they were pushed through due to the needs of the port at that moment (this I was told by my adjudicator) and in no way does it mean that they are "cleared" and good to go. Some get pulled out during FLETC, or while EOD, and as someone else here mentioned... they might not get their credentials on graduation day...
          No rhyme or reason, you simply have to roll with the flow... patience is the only advice, and don't even try to figure out why it would take them so long to clear you... you'll never nail it... In my case I had a few misunderstandings, and a comment from my investigator that's had me waiting still... so you never know
          Yeah Yoda, you are the wrong person for me to bring this gripe up with. You have gotten a raw deal. Your story actually makes me feel better about mine.

I know that there are always worse stories but it's still its frustrating when you see: Background - met with invest 11/5/08 Completed on Cass 11/7. (no offence jman. good for you). But it makes you think that you landed in someone’s nearly empty "in" box and then a new stack of applicants got put on top of your file and the person working that stack just keeps taking off the top.

OK....I'm done. It's been therapeutic to vent..

Comment

• Originally posted by jman26 View Post
            VBT was 11/12 completed 11/20..so everything is done!!

Test: Aug 8
            Forms completed - Oct 8
            Quas - Completed G7 Early October
            Medical/ Fitness - Completed late september
            VBT Interview - took 11/12/08 Completed 11/20
            Background - met with invest 11/5/08 Completed on on Cass 11/7
            Drug - 11/13/08 cleared 11/19
            Are you in TSU yet? I suppose I'll be there by next week. Looks like you and I have the faint possibility of being in the same FLETC class. What's your geo pref?
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
              Yeah Yoda, you are the wrong person for me to bring this gripe up with. You have gotten a raw deal. Your story actually makes me feel better about mine.

I know that there are always worse stories but it's still its frustrating when you see: Background - met with invest 11/5/08 Completed on Cass 11/7. (no offence jman. good for you). But it makes you think that you landed in someone’s nearly empty "in" box and then a new stack of applicants got put on top of your file and the person working that stack just keeps taking off the top.

OK....I'm done. It's been therapeutic to vent..
              Believe me I know how you feel!...

I felt offended by the fact that I wasn't "cleared" within a couple of months, when I had a clean record and OK credit... but then again that's not the only thing they look at... Tell you the truth after 6 months, when I got ahold of my adjudicator, she didn't even know she had my file or where it was... she had just started working there and my file was left there by whom ever had it before she began... imagine that!...
              it is good to vent, and believe me, it ****es me off as well to see all those "interims" go by like nothing. I got off of the phone with my adjudicator today and even now she tells me that she has to deal with other "priority" cases before she can get to mine....
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Are you in TSU yet? I suppose I'll be there by next week. Looks like you and I have the faint possibility of being in the same FLETC class. What's your geo pref?
                My Geo is LA/Long Beach Not in TSU yet..i just called the hotline and it said VBT complete and passed and it was my last item...yeah hope to see you there if everything works out...i'm not going to be comfortable until i get the call..i know nothing is a sure thing...

Test: Aug 8 LA/Long Beach 88
                Forms completed - Oct 8
                Quas - Completed G7 Early October
                Medical/ Fitness - Completed late september
                VBT Interview - took 11/12/08 Completed 11/20
                Background - met with invest 11/5/08 Completed on on Cass 11/7
                Drug - 11/13/08 cleared 11/19

Comment

• Adjudication

Hey guys here's a link to the Adjudication Guidelines, so you have a better idea of what they look for on your BI to find you unsuitable...

http://www.rjhresearch.com/ADR/index.htm

Have fun with the read....
                  CBPO

Comment

Believe me I know how you feel!...

I felt offended by the fact that I wasn't "cleared" within a couple of months, when I had a clean record and OK credit... but then again that's not the only thing they look at... Tell you the truth after 6 months, when I got ahold of my adjudicator, she didn't even know she had my file or where it was... she had just started working there and my file was left there by whom ever had it before she began... imagine that!...
                    it is good to vent, and believe me, it ****es me off as well to see all those "interims" go by like nothing. I got off of the phone with my adjudicator today and even now she tells me that she has to deal with other "priority" cases before she can get to mine....
                    So in you opinion, if you could do it again, would you still wait 6 months to start asking questions? I mean, I'm only a month in, so I won't get too worried until after 4 months, but when would you start calling?

Don't post any specifics, but how did you get to talk to your adjudicator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                      So in you opinion, if you could do it again, would you still wait 6 months to start asking questions? I mean, I'm only a month in, so I won't get too worried until after 4 months, but when would you start calling?

Don't post any specifics, but how did you get to talk to your adjudicator?
                      You have to be in the waiting game for about 6 months, which is the actual timeline they give you, if by then you still haven't cleared and no one has contacted you for anything then I'll hook you up. I was helped by a fellow member that was in the same predicament, and gave me the contact information, if it wasn't for him I would probably still be twirling my thumbs waiting... So... if in 4 and a half months from now you haven't heard anything shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up
                      CBPO

Comment

You have to be in the waiting game for about 6 months, which is the actual timeline they give you, if by then you still haven't cleared and no one has contacted you for anything then I'll hook you up. I was helped by a fellow member that was in the same predicament, and gave me the contact information, if it wasn't for him I would probably still be twirling my thumbs waiting... So... if in 4 and a half months from now you haven't heard anything shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up
                        Sounds like a deal that will hopefully never come to fruition. Anyway...by then you'll be too busy at FLETC to respond

Comment

• Hey guys we are so close! Hang in there! I can see the light!!

Comment

I started the process in March 08 finished all the steps in August 08, but my background and quals still have not cleared. I chose Montana as my location. Curious on how to get ahold of adjunctor?

Comment

• Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a long time just because I've been waiting so long to get this job (exactly one year) that I lost hope. Turns out I left a voice mail on one the many numbers from MHC on tuesday around noon and someone returned my call about 3 hours later to tell me that I had just cleared backgroung that morning and that it would take about 2 days to send my file to scheduling. So anyways this morning I got the call, I will start on Dec 8th at Miami airport and will start FLETC on Jan 5th through Apr 22nd. I must say it's been a really difficult year but man I am extremely happy that I got the job.

WRITTEN TEST: NOV 2007
                              TO: MAR 2008
                              BACKGROUND CLEARED: NOV 18 2008
                              EOD: DEC 08 2008
                              FLETC: JAN 5TH-APR 22ND

Thank you for all the info found on this forum.
                              If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum,

The first thing is, do you actually have a problem with Depth Perception?
                                If not, then they will send you a letter asking you to take the test, at your own cost, with an eye doctor and send the results back. The Standards for depth perception are low for CBPO, you could be below average and still be cleared for it.

I had a similar NMC letter for "NO Depth Perception" which that little machine you look into with the circles and crap came out to be... went to an actual eye doctor, took his test and came out with above average depth perception... only missed one out of all the slides!

You would have to miss more than half of the slides to fail the depth perception test... Hope this helps
                                Thanks for the answer yoda, I got the medical record letter today and it's requesting a psych evalulation (while in college my stepfather came down with Sarcoma, a rare form of cancer and I was having trouble in school so I got counceling for stress/anxiety) It shouldn't be anything that DQs me (bangs a piece of wood really really hard)

By the way everyone, funny story. Ever since my background investigator came by my work my boss has been stopping me in the hall and telling me why I need to stay and not take a job with Customs. I make 9.90/hr so nothing he says is holding water.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10998 users online. 398 members and 10600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X