Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Second2None
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2017

Casper_Talon they give you rest in between but it's up to you whether you take it or not I believe it was up to 3 min of rest

Comment

• DallyDallington
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2017

Hello everyone, I applied to announcement 17-10, geographical area is Maine. I just submitted my eQIP last Sunday. Anyone else choose an area in Maine?

Comment

• toonguy15
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2017

So for my E-Qip I listed I think I used weed twice. I can't remember if I listed twice or three times, if I get to the polygraph, what do I say?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Just go back and look at the e-QIP

• toonguy15
          toonguy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Lone Ranger!
      • Capt_Falco
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2015

17-7 applicant here, just completed my poly this morning. After reading some horror stories on here it went much better then I thought it would and only took about 2.5 hours. The examiner told me he had me passing but said the final decision depends on quality control's determination, so crossing my fingers that it's accepted and I won't have to retest. I wonder how many have had to do a second test even when the examiner gives a passing decision?
        BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• superquagdingo
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2017

Just wondering if anyone got an email from chs that they reviewed the exam paperwork and want to know if you're left or right handed? Its pretty weird but okay, dont know how thats relevant. Does anyone know what that's for?

Comment

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Never heard of that one. Cleared all CHS stuff awhile ago. I don't even remember that being on one of the forms you fill out. Strange. Maybe it's something new they are doing? Which announcement did you apply to? I applied to 17 - 8.

• Acenall
            Acenall commented
            Editing a comment
            I filled out my paperwork for my medical yesterday and go tomorrow. That question was on my form but I do not know why. If I remember when I'm there I will ask.

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is interesting. When you do your medical evaluation it's not relevant. The only thing I can think of is if it has to do with uniform equipment when you get to the academy, if they retain that information. That doesn't really make sense either since I'm sure that is done during Pre-Academy on post.
        • Terminal_Island
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2017

Going on 10 months and still waiting... anyone else been waiting this long?

Comment

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Waiting for...? Where are you at in the process? Do you mean you have cleared the entire process and are waiting for an EOD date?
        • MCR1
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2014

Oh boy...here comes the always enjoyable polygraph scheduled in 3 weeks. What should I expect? I've had polygraphs before, but every department is somewhat different.

Comment

• GD1R90
            GD1R90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever you put on your first questionnaire and your employment packet stick to it. The polygraph guys are dicks and try to get you to admit stuff. Why? Because the polygraph is bull****. They work more off you admitting things after being pressured so tell the truth or whatever you put on your application and stick with it.

• MCR1
            MCR1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Wish me luck. Did you pass the process by the way?
        • Acenall
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Hello Guys and Gals, I just wanted to share where I am at in the process compared to everyone else!
          I applied for the 17-9 Direct Hire to Douglas AZ. on July 31st, 2017
          I took my written August 14, 2017
          Received my NOR August 21st, 2017 (Passed with 84)
          Received my Tentative Selection letter September 6th, 2017
          Submitted my E-quip due on 9/17/17 on September 15th, 2017
          Scheduled my Medical for tomorrow September 22nd, 2017
          Scheduled my PFT1 for Monday September 25th, 2017
          as of now, I have not heard anything back from my background packet and its not been sent off.
          I do know I qualified as a GS-7.
          Does anyone have a time line of when they want to start the academy if we make it though?

*Update* 10/12/17
          I did not have any issues with the Fitness or medical. According to the app (I received an email today telling me that the CASS system is being retired) My fitness exam is completed with a pass, but my medical still shows reviewing medical results.
          Also my Eqiup is still being reviewed by HRM staff. and it shows "in progress"
          I have not heard anything on an interview or any other steps as of now.
          Its just a waiting game now.
          Are there any other 17-9 people in here? I'd like to compare timelines.
          Last edited by Acenall; 10-12-2017, 05:15 PM. Reason: Updated information
          CBPO 17-9 DH for Douglas AZ:
          7/31/17: Applied
          8/17/17: Exam
          8/21/17: NOR
          9/6/17: Selection Letter, Douglas AZ
          9/17/17 EQIP Submitted
          9/22/17: Medical
          9/25/17 PFT1( Passed)
          10/23/17: further medical info required (updated passed in app 1/26/18)
          11/16/17: EQIP released to OPR
          11/30/17 SI
          12/1/17: SI results
          3/19/18: Polygraph/ Inconclusive
          5/4/18: Polygraph / Same place (Detroit) and same examiner
          5/21/18 Passed Poly/ Equip re-certify sent in 5/22/18
          6/11/2018: Met with Investigator

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            They pretty much run academies weekly...excepting the odd occurrence when they don't.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            CBP is the largest contingent at FLETC, there are always multiple classes cycling in and out every month.
        • keifehr
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2013

Hello Gents/Ladies

Just trying to get a heads start here. What is the dress code when you are assign to your EOD prior to FLETC? Do they provide uniforms and or boots? and how long is it typically the EOD?

Comment

• OrangeStuff
            OrangeStuff commented
            Editing a comment
            It will be business casual for as long as you are there. You could be there a week or you could be there for months. Just depends on scheduling and if there is set backs for the academy.

• keifehr
            keifehr commented
            Editing a comment
            OrangeStuff thanks for your response. What duties they usually have you do? Admin stuff? or do they let you shadow CBP officer?

• OrangeStuff
            OrangeStuff commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends how long your in pre-academy but you will do both depending on length.

• keifehr
            keifehr commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the info
        • jonesy_k
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2017

Question about the PFT2 vs FGS (Fitness Graduation Standard):

To pass PFT2 and EOD, the mile.5 has a to completed in at least 17 min and 15 sec and I know that upon graduation from FLETC you're expected make a time under 15 minutes. So, where do they expect trainees to be time wise during the first of three FGS assessments. Obviously the faster the better, but realistically speaking are they expecting a 15 minute mile.5 in the first week of academy?

I hope this question makes sense. I'm in the process of getting into better shape, so I'm asking for clarity to make sure I'm prepared and not blindsided with anything
          Last edited by jonesy_k; 09-21-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 thank you for the response. Sorry if this is redundant, but there isn't a situps requirement? Thanks again.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, only in the PFT2 if you have to take it.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that doesn't mean not do situps, you're going to want a strong core when you get to the mat rooms...

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 It is still part of my routine (core work). Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just thinking ahead and I'm sure anyone else following this thread will appreciate the insight.
        • jynx19
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Anyone on here apply for Laredo, TX announcement 17-8?

Comment

• Bassboy
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2013

So in the middle of my poly I disclosed a recent arrest fora minor incident. The examiner said he couldnt proceed with testing until the Background unit did some digging on the matter. Has this happened to anyone? What should I expect?

Comment

• ThGreatFandango
              ThGreatFandango commented
              Editing a comment
              Hate to say it, but they look very dimly on any revelations made during a polygraph. Basically they take it as attempted deception, where the person has a 'last minute change of conscience' thinking they wouldn't be able to hide it from poly. Any changes to your status/criminal history are required to inform your BI. I wish you the best of luck with the situation.
          • Diesel27
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2006

CBP 17-10 Announcement - Does anyone know how the "location negotiable" applies to this direct hire announcement (CBP 17-10)? Is there any plausible opportunity I could get a duty location other than that listed in the announcement? i.e. Boston?

Comment

• fathitman
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Diesel27
              CBP 17-10 Announcement - Does anyone know how the "location negotiable" applies to this direct hire announcement (CBP 17-10)? Is there any plausible opportunity I could get a duty location other than that listed in the announcement? i.e. Boston?
              They will put you on the southern border with that announcement.

You can always apply to the one with Boston listed on it and just keep doing your process for that one. Everything carries over

Comment

• DallyDallington
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2017

Are the medical exam and the first fitness exam completed on the same day?

Comment

• county25
                  county25 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did mine on separate dates. Your e-mail from CHS should specify what is going on. Also, you will be emailed paperwork to print off from CHS for your exams, so if you look through that paperwork, then it should be helpful. If you still aren't sure, then call CHS to verify.

• Acenall
                  Acenall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did my Medical on Friday 9/22 and my Fitness on 9/25. Also they were at different locations.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12288 users online. 75 members and 12213 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...