Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows it going everyone? New to this forum, and currently going through the CBP process for the 17-7 announcement. I've completed everything so its pretty much a waiting game for me. However, the CASS has 3 things pending for me: Medical Screen, Drug Test, and Background.

Comment

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Capt_Falco Yea I took the drug test. I'm waiting for the results to reach MHC. I'm currently going through the clearance now. I have to do a stress test (run a treadmill) and have my heart looked to see how it looks under elevated levels. As much basketball I play and weights I lift it shouldnt be a problem. I haven't received any emails about recertiftying my EQIP yet

• futureCbpo1982
      futureCbpo1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      im 17-7 and waiting on my poly, my last step was interview and that was Aug 9, how long did it take from interview to get your poly scheduled?

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      My SI was 7/18, poly schedule email was 8/10, and poly test was on 9/20. Notified of poly result on 9/29 and recertified my eQuip on 10/4. So about a month between everything for me so far

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I have left is to finish my background and medical clearance....

• Question. Being new to the whole process, am I allowed to apply to 2 announcements even at different levels? I feel I meet the requirements for both postings, however someone may not and I don't want to miss out on this announcement. Also I noticed there are two announcements, 1 for north, 1 for south. Wondering if I can apply to both?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      You can apply to all the announcements you want and you will just do the process for one of them but everything carries over to the other ones. You can apply to anything your heart desires and see if you BQ for the position and take it from there.

• Stormin123
      Stormin123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the help.

• My timeline for 17-8:

07/11/17: NOR CBP OFFICER GS09
    07/13/17: BI PACKET RECEIVED
    07/15/17: BI PACKET COMPLETED
    07/24/17: NOTICE OF RELEASE TO OPR
    08/07/17: MEDICAL EXAM COMPLETED - PASS
    08/17/17: STRUCTURED INTERVIEW
    08/19/17: NOR STRUCTURED INTERVIEW – PASS
    09/01/17: PFT1 – PASS

POLYGRAPH (waiting to be scheduled)
    DRUG TEST (waiting to be scheduled)

10 days later, I'm still waiting for the PFT1 to show "green" when I log in to see my application status. Is this something that takes over a week typically? I'm waiting for them to schedule my poly and feel like the reason they haven't yet is due to my application not being updated with the PFT1 PASS yet...

Comment

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      What is involved in the Medical exam? I have it set up for next week? Will I need to fast? Any bloddwork?

• annuitcoeptis
      annuitcoeptis commented
      Editing a comment
      @epesguerra
      no fasting no bloodwork. Its a hearing test, vision test, urine sample to check for your organ levels to be normal, doctor comes in and checks your heart, lung, ears, eyes. Minor stretches. That's all.

• A different opprotunity was presented to me that I have accepted and will pursue. So with this in mind has anyone removed themselves from the hiring process? If so what did this look like for you?

Comment

• Anyone who's heard anything or asked the right questions to MHC, would I be correct in assuming the CBP process will start really picking up for everyone after October 1st?

Comment

• futureCbpo1982
        futureCbpo1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        I really hope so, I'm ready to get going and transfer out from my current job lol

• Hello Everyone I'm new to this forum. I applied to the 17-9 Direct hire announcement and have completed about half of the required pre-employment processes. So far I've submitted BI, taken and passed medical and PFT-1. Recently I applied to the 17-10 announcement as it had a location available closer to home for me. I understand that all my progress thus far will transfer, however will my previous application to the 17-9 announcement no longer be valid? Only the 17-10? Any help would be appreciated.
      Last edited by GD1R90; 09-12-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey GD1, Everything should carry over. I originally applied to 17-9 for Corbin Gore ME, but then wanted to change locations for 17-10. So I applied to that announcement and all my stuff for 17-9 has carried over.

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear, thank you!

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Does the new application overwrite the others or are you still considered for both announcements?

• Any current applicants get a NOPA after passing polygraph?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not all that difficult to draw a NOPA...pretty much anywhere along in the process.

• HopefulBP
        HopefulBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks merlin436. I believe they just want me to write an essay and basically show them I've learned from past mistake......

• Can anyone give me an idea of when my Polygraph will be scheduled? Here is my timeline so far:

07/11/17: NOR CBP OFFICER GS09
      07/13/17: BI PACKET RECEIVED
      07/15/17: BI PACKET COMPLETED
      07/24/17: NOTICE OF RELEASE TO OPR
      08/07/17: MEDICAL EXAM COMPLETED - PASS
      08/17/17: STRUCTURED INTERVIEW
      08/19/17: NOR STRUCTURED INTERVIEW – PASS
      09/01/17: PFT1 – PASS

Comment

• futureCbpo1982
        futureCbpo1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my interview on 8/9/17 and I'm still waiting on my poly too, everything else has been about every 3-4 weeks, so I'm hoping mine is scheduled soon, although all the bad talk about 60-70% failure rate has me kind of nervous , even though I have nothing to be nervous about, so I guess its just a waiting game, I already know where I am going, so I don't know why the process is taking so long, especially since they trying to hire more officers

• Hey Everyone, new to the group as well. Currently in CBPO 17-10 announcement. So far I've completed my Medical, my PFT recently. I'm just waiting on my structured interview date and polygraph and the drug test which I'm not worried about. I recently just got called about O'Hare TSA but I was told to hold off until I get the confirmed response of CBPO. Any suggestions? Also is anyone in the northeast currently for CBPO? How is it?

Thanks

Comment

• Pmgrad08
        Pmgrad08 commented
        Editing a comment
        What port are you going to? I am in the same phase as you in the hiring process going to San Ysidro CA

• futureCbpo1982
        futureCbpo1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        im 17-7, it was about 3-4 weeks after my PFT until my interview was done, I lucked out and got pulled to MN

• For those of you who have had a poly, was it from a CBPO or a third party, curious who they use?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its not third party.

• 3nf0rc3r
        3nf0rc3r commented
        Editing a comment
        It was Internal Affairs

• Class # 435 is my academy. If anyone else has the same class I will see you there

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get an EOD? I know 428, 429 and 430 at least are backed up in pre-academy since FLETC has been closed since last Friday.

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea my pre-academy seems to be a month and a half long before I got to FLETC.

Also that fact of the holidays come into play too. My travel weekend to go down there is on a holiday weekend as well which is good for me since having 3 days off and a travel day means I can take only one day of annual to make it a 5 day drive down

I honestly wouldn't mind being backed up since it gives me more time to prepare.

• Has anyone's academy dates been pushed back due to the hurricane? I know FLETC was evacuated and had to close for a while. I'm supposed to be class 433 (Nov 2nd-March 16).

Comment

• CBPOSanY
        CBPOSanY commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with FLETC this morning. They said today is their first day back and they have to reschedule all the classes. I was also told academy could be delayed by up to one month now! :O

• MoodMuzik
        MoodMuzik commented
        Editing a comment
        CBPOSanY damn that sucks..I start pre academy next week and I'm hoping the academy doesn't get pushed back. I have to rent a room and don't want to pay for it any longer than I need to..

• Originally posted by MoodMuzik View Post
      Has anyone's academy dates been pushed back due to the hurricane? I know FLETC was evacuated and had to close for a while. I'm supposed to be class 433 (Nov 2nd-March 16).

yeah brunswick has no sewer system right now. man hole covers are literally floating because the **** is coming up thru them lol. ive seen videos shared by friends and family there.

Comment

• So I received the e-mail confirming my medical and PFT-1, I had selected 9/22 for the medical and 9/28 for PFT-1. They scheduled both for the 28th at 10am, is this normal? Both tests on the same date and time?

Comment

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. You will do the physical and then go to another room to do the PFT 1.

It should tell you that in the email and to wear PT attire for the physical and test.

• Casper_Talon
          Casper_Talon commented
          Editing a comment
          Checked the e-mails again but they didn't specify, just to bring the paperwork for each one, no loud music, not consume energy drinks, etc. Thanks for the heads-up! They were suposed to be done in GA, now they are in FL just 20 mins away. That's a win!

• Hello everyone,

I'm currently going through the process for CBPO position and unfortunately I have to re-take my fitness test (I've been practicing so I think I'm ready this time) and my background still hasn't cleared has anyone else had this problem? Also does anyone know if credit will automatically disqualify us for an offer?

Comment

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          A BI can take up to 8 months if you don't already have a clearance of any expierence with doing one before.

The feds don't fool around with debt and financial issues since they can cause an officer to be susceptible to bribes. If you have any serious debt you need to prove you are making payments and are in good standing. If not they will not hire you.

Also if you fail the PFT 1 I highly advise you get into better shape if you continue to process. Since the PFT 2 is even harder and you don't want to be going to the academy in bad shape. You will be doing PT and DT combined with runs daily at the academy and if you go out of shape you will either get hurt or make the class look bad and you don't want either of those to happen.

• Casper_Talon
          Casper_Talon commented
          Editing a comment
          When you did the pft-1, did you have some 1 or 2 minute break in between the push-ups, sit-ups, and step test? Or was it one after the other, no rest?

• county25
          county25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Casper_Talon - You start with the sit-ups and then you get a 3-minute rest; then you do the push-ups and then you get a 3-minute rest; and then you do the step test and then you're done. Hope this helps.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7388 users online. 352 members and 7036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X