Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt8538
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2015

Any Cbpo's here give me some info on boston logon, as far as lots of OT or mandatory. Shift schedules, any other general info

Comment

• ThGreatFandango
      ThGreatFandango commented
      Editing a comment
      I put in for Maine port, but I am also interested in hearing more about Boston now that they added that to the list.
  • batman_robin
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2016

How is the step test for PFT 1? im a very fit person, but saw they require you to be in cadence?

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. If you're fit-ish and can follow a voice saying up up down down for 5 minutes you'll be fine.

• Spooky Gunner
      Spooky Gunner commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not hard at all if you're fit.

• RosePetro
      RosePetro commented
      Editing a comment
      Pft1 is pretty easy I passed with flying colors but do a trial run. Get a 4in block bang out the push ups, sit ups and step test.
  • Casper_Talon
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

Searching around found this site/guideline, perfect for those of us who are beginning the hiring process.

Comment

• tino215
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2017

Anyone know when CBPO VRA 17-10 start processing?

Comment

• agent823
        agent823 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied 17-10 and just recieved the letter that I qualify on Sept 1
    • annuitcoeptis
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2017

Hi Everyone,

After reading some other posts in this thread, I feel like I'm in a similar boat as everyone else. Here's what my timeline looks like so far. The job vacancy I applied to is 17-8:

07/11/17: NOR CBP OFFICER GS09
      07/13/17: BI PACKET RECEIVED
      07/15/17: BI PACKET COMPLETED
      07/24/17: NOTICE OF RELEASE TO OPR
      08/07/17: MEDICAL EXAM COMPLETED - PASS
      08/17/17: STRUCTURED INTERVIEW
      08/19/17: NOR STRUCTURED INTERVIEW – PASS
      09/01/17: PFT1 – PASS

POLYGRAPH (waiting to be scheduled)
      DRUG TEST (waiting to be scheduled)

It seemed like everything has happened pretty fast so far. Does anyone know how long after the SI or PFT1 that you get notified for your Poly?

I'm hoping to get hired though provisional clear, I just wanna get my EOD already!

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't get a choice on where you live. They only put people off the base when everything is filled. You stay at a roach motel so it is not that great.

• annuitcoeptis
        annuitcoeptis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you @fathitman
        I'm assuming it's first come first serve when it comes to where they put you? Or alphabetical order?

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        honestly i wouldnt wanna stay off base in georgia then you have to get up ealier to get on every morning. Brunswick is my home town. when i was there i stayed on base except for the weekends id crash at my families house.

• GarrettFaulks
        GarrettFaulks commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone hearing anything on next EOD date for Customs.
    • Spooky Gunner
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

Damn, you guys are flying through. Has anyone been told they failed the polygraph, by the examiner not qc, and then been scheduled for the drug test before the poly goes green in the app?

Comment

• RosePetro
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2017

Post deleted

Comment

• CBPOSanY
          CBPOSanY
          • Sep 2017

So I checked the old CASS and it says my BI is completed. But I haven't heard from a personal investigator yet. Anyone have any idea about this? Already passed my poly and drug. Just waiting on medical review.

Comment

• HopefulBP
            HopefulBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you sign preclearance waiver?

• CBPOSanY
            CBPOSanY commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Why do you ask?

• HopefulBP
            HopefulBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Just wondering if that's why your background cleared already? Did you wait awhile for your polygraph after the SI?
        • Joef89
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2014

"*CBPO applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to complete a PFT-2. CBPO applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration."

Can someone explain this part in some detail? Does that mean that you only have to complete the PFT-1 during the hiring process? How does that apply to the FLETC academy training you will receive. I imagine FLETC is much tougher than the PFT-1 alone.

Comment

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            What do they do with the failures?

And I guess they expected this from removing the PFT 2 from pre employment

I know for BOP if you failed you got sent home and let go.
            Last edited by fathitman; 09-07-2017, 03:42 AM.

• MoodMuzik
            MoodMuzik commented
            Editing a comment
            Es90 how did it go?

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            So at FLETC you do it 3 separate times, the 3rd one being that one that counts. If you fail that one you'll get 1 or 2 re-dos. You better not be failing at that point. Do not fail any of them, I passed today and I'll leave it at that...

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            I figured the last one is the one they count.

But yea I am in good shape already so I won't have much issue. I just know we will have a bunch of people not up to the test for the first two.
        • CO1348
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2015

Hey, guys I just applied to CBPO position that closed on August 31, 2017, and I am a current NYC Correction Officer. I would like to know if anyone knows if I'll have to attend a polygraph exam. I maybe mistaken but I was told that LEO's are allowed to skip the polygraph? Just got the initial e-mail that says I've been tentatively selected to start the pre-employment process. I heard the poly failure rate is 70% 2x the average rate for basically all LEO positions, is this true?

Comment

• Spooky Gunner
            Spooky Gunner commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a a bill in the senate to waive polys for prior law enforcement, but it hasnt passed yet. Yes, the failure rate is that high.
        • jynx19
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Applied to announcement 17-8 (direct hire position (whatever that means))lol
          Entrance exam passed 6-2-17
          E-Qip sent in on 6-25-17
          Medical done on 7-11-17 (says further evaluation needed)
          Took fitness test 8-2-17 (passed)
          I had to make corrections to my background packet and resent it in last Thursday. 8-31-17
          Just waiting for the next step.

I have some questions though. Why does it seem like most of the people on here are applying for San Ysidro? I am from Missouri and pretty much any port I choose will require me to move, so I randomly selected Laredo Texas because of the pay incentive. Btw is there anyone on here that applied to Laredo? And does anyone know what kind of housing situation applicants are looking at when they do their on duty work before fletc? What is recommended? Staying in a hotel for a month would get pricey.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, one reason might be that because San Ysidro is a huge port and pretty much consistently understaffed, they're pretty much always hiring. Laredo is a good-sized port port itself and also tends to be chronically short-staffed and constantly hiring new people.

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            So heres the deal.

Getting a job with the feds always means you have to move. You are lucky to get a job within your local living area. The benefits and pay make up for the moves.

For housing, It depends on where you are going and what you are comfortable doing. Some places have zero places to live so you really need to find a place and hold onto it when you move there. Some dudes with get a room for rent from Airbnb or whatever for the month and then save money while at the academy. Whatever you do is up to you.

For reference I moved from NJ to AZ for the BOP and now am moving from AZ to WA for CBP. You get used to moving if you work for the feds.
        • Terminal_Island
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2017

I logged on the CBP hiring app for the first time and noticed the background portion says pending but on the CASS it has the green check mark. Is one updated before the other?

I'm on the 17-2 announcement so its going on 9 months for me. Is this typical for CBP?

Comment

• CBPOSanY
            CBPOSanY commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing is happening to me. Cass has everything marked as completed but the app still shows background pending. Did you speak with your investigator yet?
            Last edited by CBPOSanY; 09-07-2017, 08:49 AM.

• Terminal_Island
            Terminal_Island commented
            Editing a comment
            I met with my BI over a month ago and the BI portion of the Cass was checked green 2 weeks ago so I figured it was completed.

• futureCbpo1982
            futureCbpo1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on the 17-7 announcement and I started in June 2017 with the process, I just finished my SI 8/9/17, and waiting on my POLY and Drug test yet, it seems that its all random on when they fit you in for things
        • jynx19
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Thanks for letting me know about San Ysidro, I thought maybe I was missing something important for why a lot of people seemed to be going there. And I checked out that Airbnb thing. Doesn't seem much different price wise from a cheap hotel. I don't mind moving, so I think I am going to wait until after fletc to get an apartment. I'll save money that way.

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2017

I passed my PFT-1 on Friday 09/01/17. It still has not been updated in the system. I contacted CBP Frontline Hiring and they told me that they are a little backed up this week due to Labor Day weekend, so it will take a few extra days for CASS and the application system to be updated. I'm trying to stay patient...almost at the finish line!

Comment

• GD1R90
              GD1R90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you from the 17-9 announcement? I took my PFT-1 on 9/6/17 and have been waiting since to hear anything for scheduling the SI.
          • keifehr
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2013

Hey guys, any suggestion will be appreciated.
            I just applied for Blaine for 17-7 for GS7, just got an email for my SI scheduled in 2 weeks. I live 1:30 south of Blaine. they didnt have any opening at Seattle (closer for me) when i applied so hoping to transfer if something opens up.
            any advise for the SI?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• futureCbpo1982
              futureCbpo1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              I took mine in Philly, dress nice they video record everything now, they tell you it's going to be down in front of a panel, I had one guy who had already retired and just did this for extra money do mine by himself, then the supervisor who was busy that day would look at it the next day and then they had to get the video to Minneapolis for them to look at it. that was my experience, I got an email like 1-2 weeks later I think, I don't remember exactly saying I passed

• keifehr
              keifehr commented
              Editing a comment
              futureCbpo1982 thanks for your response

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12089 users online. 74 members and 12015 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...