Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my poly scheduled for Sep 18th in New Jersey. Wish me luck guys! Any tips!? People that have tested at this site?

Comment

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also chose this location for my poly, please let me know how it goes. when did you have your SI?

• Bassboy
      Bassboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my SI July 18th. So exactly 2 months after that for my poly

• Originally posted by jonfanlo View Post
    Just got a call again stating I need to do another polygraph, is this uncommon?
    It is normal for them to do that. Just be honest ans you will be fine

Comment

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, it took me by surprise. The examiner on my first poly told me I passed. They just like wasting time and money.

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      They can tell you they are giving you a passing score but they should also say that it is up to quality control to pass you for you actually to pass. Mine told me exactly that and asked if I would come in for another one if QC kicked back my stuff.

Poor choice of words your examiner used if he didn't warn you about this.

• Just wondering why some of you guys are choosing federal law enforcement over local/state law enforcement. What made you guys choose one over the other? Those of you who are already local/state law enforcement, why make the switch?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Military time counts towards my retirement with the feds. So basically I get a better retirement and better opportunities with the feds. If you like to travel it is the best way to get paid to do it but if you are someone who like to stay at home and never leave where you grew up than state and local are a better choice.

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      i believe the BOP is the largest fed LEO agency sitting somewhere around 39k

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thank you all for the responses!! So to narrow down my question, my family has decided to live in Washington state..forever! I'm currently in the army as a special agent (7years) and I'm trying to decide between CBP (Blaine port) or local law enforcement in the outskirts of Seattle. I'm not joining for the travel. I'm not joining for the pay, although local law enforcement and GS are about the same until you get up to GS13. Retirement packages are similar minus buying back military time. I found a department that matches 90% of your tsp contributions. So there are ways to supplement the retirement. My deciding factor is the job itself, local law enforcement vs CBP in Washington. I don't want to be bored, I don't want mundane, and I want to be able to influence positive change. It seems like local law enforcement has more specialty assignments which is a deal breaker for me. As one of you commented local law enforcement doesn't do counter terrorism, but they do when they get assigned to the JTTF. Thank you all for your time and candor.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BOP is counting everybody within their agency to come up with that number. Cooks, secretaries, teachers and the like. While they are technically labeled as "LEOs", a common sense viewing will see the gamesmanship and spin.

Plus, even if you accept it at face value and play by their standard of lumping all positions togather, it's still wrong. Counting CBPOs, Border Patrol Agents, and the smaller numbers of other LEO positions within CBP, it's closer to 45K LEOs in total in CBP. CBP still wins.

• Has anyone taken the PFT2 yet? What was your experience?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at the standards you should be fine if you are not extremely out of shape.

All I did was start doing a mock PFT 2 in between my workout days to find out where I am at on it and improve on it.

• jonesy_k
      jonesy_k commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate your input, Fathitman

• CBPOSanY
      CBPOSanY commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello:

I applied for 17-6.

equip: pass
      Medical: pending
      SI: pass
      Poly: pass
      BI: pending
      Drug: pending results

I am open to exchanging contact info for those planning to post at San Ysidro. Also, anyone have feedback giving my status as listed above. Took my drug a few days ago, pending results Then day later I got a pass on the poly. Any idea on how close I am to EOD letter (assuming all is clear)?

• Done with CBP, examiner failed me. He insisted I used illegal drugs which I have never done ever. Goodluck with every ones application.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you can ask for a review.

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you got a overzealous investigator.

Or they could have someone on your background who said you did drugs as a teen and they are just taking that persons word over yours.

This is why I always suggest you get a copy of your finished background when it is done so you can see exactly what people said about you.

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah he was full of himself, doesn't matter. My Secret clearance was just renewed last year so it couldn't be my contacts cause I had the same people in there with this. He also said he's surprised that I'm pretty calm about what he said, told him I'm not hiding anything and if this is not for me then so be it.

P.s he didn't actually said I failed the whole thing but just that question and he's sorry to lose a candidate like me.

• Originally posted by jonfanlo View Post
    Done with CBP, examiner failed me. He insisted I used illegal drugs which I have never done ever. Goodluck with every ones application.
    I thought the examiner said you passed?

Comment

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      The first examiner did pass me, buy got a call yesterday saying I need to come back this morning for a second one. This guy loved to talk about himself and he talked 3 hours out of the 5 hours I was there. He pushed the issue that i lied about using drugsand wanted me to admit it. Told the guy I'm not going to lie now and say I did drugs even though I didn't just to satisfy him.

• Good Morning Fellow Candidates,

I applied to the 17-7 announcement back in April. The process has gone faster than I expected. I was scheduled for my polygraph yesterday 08/24/2017, downtown San Diego, CA. Well it is fair to say that it did not go as planned. the reason being I miss understood/read to much in the question on the e-quip form on the "use" of controlled drugs in the last seven years. In my mindset the term "use" is ongoing. When someone say I use marijuana, in my mind they smoke it or ingest it continuously. Since I don't "use" any narcotics or marijuana I checked no. As the polygraph examiner was asking basic question to get to know me and make me feel comfortable about being questioned and insisted that questions from me was encouraged so we can be on the same wave length, she asked is there anything else I need to know about you. So I said "well I know the drug question is going to come up, when it dose do I answer yes or no to a broad question." She went on to say what you mean, I let her know that I had experimented with marijuana about four times in my life after I got out of the military in 2013. So she was like that was not on your e-quip form as "use" in the last seven years. I was like I misunderstood the question and my definition of use and that you are explaining to me now are totally different. She took my statement explaining the times to add as an attachment to my e-quip to be updated. So I was thinking no big deal it was a misunderstanding of the question and she will make the attachment and we will proceed with the test. I stepped out to use the restroom and when I got back, she notified me that she was not able to proceed with the polygraph because the attachment had to be sent back to the adjudicator in the e-quip phase and the will let me know will I be able to proceed in the hiring process or be disqualified. To fellow candidates no matter how little "use" with any controlled add it to your e-quip. Any thoughts on the outcome?

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      So you checked no but you told the examiner yes.

That will make you fail.

• Me1183
      Me1183 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fathitman, it was not doing the polygraph nor did the examiner ask. I brought up the drug question, because I misunderstood the question on equip and being to to myself honest no matter what the cost. I know it was a failure, misunderstood or not, just want to let others know if there is any confusion, don't make the same mistake I did.

• How was everyone's poly exp. I'm going to process with BPA. I'm super excited about this position!!

Comment

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      Just go in there and tell the truth, don't let the examiner rattle you up cause they'll do it. Everyones experiences are different. Good luck

• jonesy_k
      jonesy_k commented
      Editing a comment
      My experience was pleasant. My examiner was very forthcoming with everything that would be taking place during our session. He always made sure we were both on the same page as far as what was going on and why. My exam only lasted maybe 2 hours, and before I left he told me that he felt confident that I would pass QC. I even called several weeks later because I never got an email about the actual results, and he was more than happy to help me out in that regard. But, I think everyone's experience is different not only because of the examiner, but also because we come from different backgrounds. But like Jonfanlo said, just tell the truth no matter what and if you don't understand something, ask questions.

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      No issues on mine either about 2 hours long. If your answers match your Equip and anything people said about you on your background you will be fine.

• Is the PF2 mandatory under the 17-3 vacancy? Not trying to duck another PAT but wanted to guage all the steps in the process.

Comment

• Does poly only ask what is on the Eqip? Or lifestyle type of stuff?

Comment

• Hey guy, 17-5 applicant here, I am pretty close to the end, done with BI interview and drug test. want to know what might happen next, working on the 1.5 mile run and kind of worried, when should I expect PTF2 test?

Comment

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          *CBPO applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to complete a PFT-2. CBPO applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration.

You will take the PFT 2 at the academy. They used to have it before you got a final offer but now they are just pushing it back to the academy since they can train you to pass it easily.

• Hello,
        I have started to build my resume on USAjobs resume builder for the CBP application which is closing on the 31st. However, I am stuck on filling work experience already! My recent job experience is working as an independent contractor carrier for an online retail giant A. Should I put that as my work experience and how? Because I was not hired as an employee but a contractor like Uber driver and there is no upper management or contact number can be listed. I hope someone can help me on this. However, I already hold a bachelor degree, does the problem matter anymore?

Thanks a lot
        Last edited by GNg; 08-27-2017, 11:33 PM.
        17-10 CBPO Timeline SFO GS-5/7
        08/28/17 - Announcement Applied
        09/01/17 - Entrance Exam
        09/21/17 - NOR
        10/04/17 - Tentative Selection letter
        10/15/17 - e-QIP submitted
        10/23/17 - Medical Exam
        10/30/17 - Fitness Test
        11/05/17 - Fitness - Passed
        11/2x/17 - Medical - Passed
        12/18/17 - e-QIP forms missing and resubmitted
        12/22/17 - e-QIP released
        01/05/18 - SI - @SFO
        01/06/18 - SI - Passed
        2/08/17 - Polygraph @San Jose -
        B I - Pending
        Drug Test - Pending

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your degree alone will qualify you as a GS-05, at minimum.

Document your work history as best as you can.

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I also wonder if I also need to submit transcripts from colleges I attended before transfering besides the Bachelor degree transcript?

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          Put everything down. Your background investigation will want all the work you have done on your resume and equip when you apply.

• GNg
          GNg commented
          Editing a comment
          I did not enter recent work experience as an independent contractor ( for many startups and company) as I thought it is not relevant to the position qualifications. May I still update and disclose in coming procedures or I am doomed ?

• i would put down whoever extended the offer of employment to you down as the contact but explain that youre a contractor??

Comment

• So how long for everyone else was the EQuip in review before being sent to opm? I did medical but havent heard anything else since, not even for the PFT1. Im assuming nothing will move forward until EQuip goes green?

Comment

• will.wilwon552
            will.wilwon552 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent my EQuip August 9th I want to say and just finished my PFT1 last Friday. It is still being reviewed it says. I'm from 17-9 announcement.

• Do they allow you to do the sit ups with your arms across your chest for the PFT2? Because that's how I did them for my PFT1.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
            3nf0rc3r commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd imagine so...

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            NO. Sit ups must be done with hands on your head, elbows clearing your knees as described in the Physical Readiness Training Program PDF found on the CBP website. The people who monitored your PFT1 weren't following directions very well. The instructors where ever you do your PFT2 will not be so kind.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5681 users online. 240 members and 5441 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X