Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have any idea what type of clearance a cbp officer receives? I just cleared my background and I have an academy date of mid September

Comment

• wtw81
      wtw81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you mind sharing how long it took for your background investigation to clear from the time of meeting the investigator to the time of your drug test scheduling?
      Last edited by wtw81; 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM.

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      ES90 how long did you wait after the Polygraph to get a notification?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never actually received an email saying I passed, I only had the word of the investigator saying I passed. Heard from my BI about 2 months later I think? From the time of first meeting with him until my drug test was about 2 months as well. Took another month to get the call.

• jonfanlo
      jonfanlo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Seems like there's still a few months to go for me then. Just got done with the poly 2 weeks ago. Goodluck at FLETC.

• Secret or Public Trust I think.

When did you take your poly? How long was the wait after?

Comment

• San Ysidro,

Comment

• Anybody going to academy for San Ysidro send me a message, I'm suppose to head there august 28th then come back to go to fletc

Comment

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck! I applied for San Ysidro as well, however I'm nowhere near you in the process.

• hung_tran
          hung_tran commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent you a PM

• CBPOSanY
          CBPOSanY commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello:

I applied for 17-6.

equip: pass
          PFT1: pass
          PFT2: waived
          Medical: pending
          SI: pass
          Poly: pass
          BI: pending
          Drug: pending results
          Offer: pending

Anyone have feedback giving my status as listed above. Took my drug a few days ago, pending results. Then 1 day later I got a pass on the polygraph. Any idea on how close I am to EOD letter?

I am open to exchanging contact info for those planning to post at San Ysidro / FLETC.

• MoodMuzik
          MoodMuzik commented
          Editing a comment
          I report to San Ysidro on 8/25 then academy afterwards.

• Got my email for my SI finally. I hope it's as easy as everyone says it is. How did you guys prepare for it? If you did at all?

CBPO
        Geo - North West
        Applied 05/09/17
        Exam - 06/01/17 Nashville, TN
        NOR - 07/01/17 Score 95
        TSL - 6/21/17
        Medical - waived
        PFT1 - waived
        BI - pending
        Poly - requested waiver pending (TS//SCI)
        SI/Finger prints - 08/31/17 (Wish me luck)
        Drug Screen - pending
        EOD- pending (Shooting for July 2018)

Comment

• Mac1186
          Mac1186 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you explain what you mean by don't be too aggressive? On CBP's site it states the questions are experienced based, based off of things like flexibility, teamwork, etc. I'm prepared with plenty of examples of those topics. Also how many people interviewed you?

• jonfanlo
          jonfanlo commented
          Editing a comment
          Being an Infantryman for 11 years and having instilled the military way was not appealing to them. DHS due to high complaints wants people to be compassionate and empathetic I think. So second time around I did just that and it worked.

• Mac1186
          Mac1186 commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes since I was a bang bang for 3 years and switch my mos I'll bring the pog in me. Makes perfect sense.. thanks

• milushka22
          milushka22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my SI/biometrics today. We sign a paper saying we will not discuss the information with anyone. There really is no way to prepare as you are given scenarios and you are rated based on your response. Dress appropriately.

• Tina_knowles the guy told me right there that I had passed the interview

Comment

• Hello all,

I have been trying to find a post about my question but no luck. So here it goes.
          When you are called for your offer, do they offer different locations?
          Or do they just send you where you applied for?

This is for a GS9 direct hire application for the South border but hoping for the North border instead.

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was only offered the port I applied to. From what I've been hearing northern border port openings will be few and far between from now on, so chances are you're going to have to put in your time and transfer north in a couple years. Or get lucky and find someone at FLETC that wants to go where and trade ports.

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            If you put in for the southern border posting you will only get offered those ports. You need to re-apply to the other announcement that has the northern port listed in it.

• Mac1186
            Mac1186 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I've read the only way you get to choose is if you applied for a VRA and the location is "negotiable" and you can decide from a location that has many vacancies based off of your announcement that you applied to. Direct hire for the southern border is most likely going to the southern border... I bet my bottom dollar ... hope that helps

• mariosa83
            mariosa83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the answers.
            I guess Southern border it is, if an offer is made.

• Hello everyone, I'm new to this page and I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right place. Anyway, I applied with CBP and had my SI today in Charlotte, NC. It went well.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can give me some insight on what I can expect next. My timeline is as follows below:

I'm 17-2 for San Ysidro, Ca

Applied 11/2016
            Entrance Exam 12/4/16
            Exam NOR 1/3/17
            TSL 1/4/17
            Received EQip Packet 1/5/17
            Med 1/12/17
            PFT1 1/26/17
            NORelease to OPR (BI) 2/24/17
            SI/Fingerprints 5/11/17
            Poly 6/15/17
            Case Manager was reassigned 7/14/17
            Updated/Resubmitted EQip 7/24/17
            NORelease to OPR 8/11/17
            Drug Test 8/15/17
            Referred to scheduling unit for EOD 8/15/17

After scouring through some of these posts, I've seen people mention meeting with an investigator, but I have yet meet with mine. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!
            Last edited by jonesy_k; 08-18-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Hey jonesy, I'm San Ysidro too and I got the call last week for my eod and my academy date of Sept 19th, if you have taken your drug test already and you have been referred to the scheduling unit then stand by for the call, it should come any minute now, not sure exactly why your BI hasn't sat down with you.

Comment

• jonesy_k
                jonesy_k commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, CASS says "sent to scheduling unit", however, I looked at the Job Tracker and it says my BI and drug test (taken this past tuesday) are "in progress". Are you allowed to share what the meeting with the investigator is about? Thanks!

• AMA90
                AMA90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey jonesy, I would a week or less and you should get something, the meeting with the BI is all about what's on your SF86 and any other relevant issues that needs to be explained

• Good Luck to all who receive the call

Comment

• Can anyone shed any light on polygraph reciprocity? I have taken and passed two federal poly's, and submitted the official request. I wasn't sure if this is a rarity.

Comment

• Mac1186
                  Mac1186 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Were the polygraphs lifestyle or CI? I submitted my waiver and it got denied ... the only block that was checked no by the adjudicator on the waiver form was for the tier 5 background check. I have a TS//SCI with a single scope issued without a waiver and my poly reciprocity was denied... I'm assuming it's all on a case by case basis. The poly waiver takes 2 minutes to fill out. Worse thing they can say is no... hope that helps

• Has anyone worked or is currently working in the San Francisco area? I already got an offer a couple months but was waiting for SF to come up and it finally has...I am set to retake the exam then I am guessing I will get my offer again.

Curious to know the job duties one can typically expect in SF? Looks like cbp has SFO, marine ports, and some offices downtown.

Thanks all

Comment

• Is anyone here from the 17-5 announcement? If so where are you guys on the application process?

Comment

• Napman
                    Napman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    17-5 applicant, took my drug test 8/17. Everything else is done.

• milushka22
                    milushka22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry if it's a dumb question but how do you know which "announcement #" you applied for???

• jonfanlo
                    jonfanlo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can check USAJOBS and open up the announcement you applied for. It should be there at the description part of the job.

• milushka22
                    milushka22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you so much!!!! I'm 17-6

• Hello everyone, I'm a new member. I know someone probably asked this question already but I'm having a hard tome locating it. Can anyone explain the difference between applying between the regular C.B.P.O. announcement and the V.R.A. job announcements. I know the second is for veterans but I was wondering what else if different, and how the two compare. I have been waiting to apply to an announcement for Charlotte N.C. or Fort Lauderdale, Fl among other locations but after months of seeing nothing I recently applied to Key West FL as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands. Is there anyone familiar with these duty locations. How does working at a seaport compare to working at a Airport. I have one more question, how does one get stationed at larger cities in the Southeast such as Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Miami, etc if they are never listed on the job announcement, I have been checking since January. Thanks for any answers.

Comment

• ES90
                    ES90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    VRA gives you the option of choosing any of the Ports listed in the announcement assuming you get the call, normally you only the get the Port you selected in you application with no other options. No idea what a seaport entails specifically but I imagine its just like an airport with cruise ships instead of planes or cars like a landborder. Sorry to come off as sarcastic. When it comes to larger ports, assuming you mean airports in this case, you either wait until one comes up on USAJobs, you trade with someone that wants to go where you applied when you get to FLETC, transfer there if they are on the transfer list, or trade with someone at that Port that wants to go where you are stationed. Hope that makes sense.

• bryan954
                    bryan954 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting, Thanks ES90. In regards to getting the post I selected. There actually was none. The VRC job announcement I applied under closes today but it just said location negotiable. Here is the link if you care to look at it https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473801300 I guess they will let me know when the time comes. Aside from that I think you answered all my questions. Thanks

• ES90
                    ES90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting, I assume they give you the option of the ones they list for the 25% bonus plus whomever else needs bodies. Personally I'd stay on the northern border, I ended up in VT. The south is a revolving door of people transferring or quitting. Its a lot of action but it can be pretty rough on you and your family if you have one.

Editing a comment
                    bryan954 In my case I applied to 3 announcements one of those 3 was a VRA the others 2 are from Brownsville TX. I expecting since I also applied to VRA that they give my more options to choose. I have been looking as well about how that work but they only different I can say is that they expedite a lot of things, medical, PFT and sometime poly. btw I also looking forward to get an offer in southeast lol.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5427 users online. 273 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X