Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
    Hey all,
    passed my SI a few weeks back , just have drug test and poly pending. I chose to decline my provisional clearance at the start of this process and I just received an email from cbp asking if I would like to change my provisional to yes. Is that a normal step? It seems like they may want to move this along faster but I think I may stand with my same decision on waiting. Is the email I received normal for those who decline at the start ?
    I would be curious to know that as well, I chose the other option and have moved pretty quick.

Comment

• Just wanted to share my status to everyone, I just finished my SI now I am waiting on my poly and drug test. Hopefully soon, everything has been with a six month time frame. So if you are looking for an eta on your application just know it is different for everyone. I am pushing to get my EOD before the end of this year

Comment

• batman_robin
        batman_robin commented
        Editing a comment
        what does EOD stand for?

• Sselmi
        Sselmi commented
        Editing a comment
        EOD means enter on duty

• milushka22
        milushka22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Luck!!! I did my SI yesterday, got an email today saying I passed. Waiting for the next step now.

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
      Hey all,
      passed my SI a few weeks back , just have drug test and poly pending. I chose to decline my provisional clearance at the start of this process and I just received an email from cbp asking if I would like to change my provisional to yes. Is that a normal step? It seems like they may want to move this along faster but I think I may stand with my same decision on waiting. Is the email I received normal for those who decline at the start ?
      I also declined the provisional but they never asked me to change it. They probably are hurting for people at a port and really want to hurry your process. They actually completed my background check in about a month. They told me they expedited my process including the background. I don't know if it was because I am a rated veteran and current federal LEO already.

I would suggest not to take the preclearance to be honest. There is so many things that can go wrong in your background and at the job that you really want it done before you start working. If you take it you are going to put your job in somebody else's hands if something happens to come up in your background. I have seen officers fired for small issues that came up during the background. Some of those guys were about to hit their year mark and get off probation.

Taking the provisional will get you hired quicker but it is not worth the risk in my view. I did one for my current agency when I moved across the country and I was nervous for my whole probation since my BC took 8 months to clear. You just never know what will come up.
      Last edited by fathitman; 08-08-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• hung_tran
        hung_tran commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the provisional cleared. Met my background last Friday and he told me he has 10 days to complete my background. He already contacted most of the people on my eQIP. Today I completed my final process, drug test. Pass everything and I am hoping to hear something soon. I have almost the same background like you, except I am local LE. Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think if a person has a crap job, or no job, then rolling the dice on a provisional clearance might make some sense...especially if that person also can't think of any skeletons in their past. For those already in a decent job and/or those who might have some questionable issues in their background...waiting for a full clearance probably is the wiser course of action.

• Thanks for the reply. I feel the same way you do

Comment

• Do they normally schedule the drug screening right after you pass the poly?

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, as of what Iv'e seen they do the drug screen at the end of almost everything. More than likely after you pass your poly.

• CBPOSanY
          CBPOSanY commented
          Editing a comment
          I was scheduled Drug test one day before receiving poly pass results....

I applied for 17-6.

equip: pass
          PFT1: pass
          PFT2: waived
          Medical: pending
          SI: pass
          Poly: pass
          BI: pending
          Drug: pending results
          Offer: pending

Anyone have feedback giving my status as listed above. Took my drug a few days ago, pending results. Then 1 day later I got a pass on the polygraph. Any idea on how close I am to EOD letter?

I am open to exchanging contact info for those planning to post at San Ysidro / FLETC.

• What does it mean when my status changed to external assessment complete but nothing more? Does it just mean that they are done grading the assessment?

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you talking about USAJOBS.GOV????
          If it is then you still have a long way to go!
          It means they received your test but they have to grade it, once they do then they will send you your results.
          Once they send your results then they review your resume and all that good stuff to make sure you have the minimum requirements. If you are selected then they will send you a Tentative Selection Letter, after that then you should receive an email letting you know who your case manager is and your applicant ID, then and only then you will have access to CASS, where you can check your progress. Medical, fitness, interview, poly, and drug screening will be done while your background is investigated.

• squeakeer
          squeakeer commented
          Editing a comment
          BamBam_Fit
          Thank you for the information. Yes it is on USAJOBS.GOV. I was wondering what the steps after the completed update was and also again thank you for the other information. Just want to get my career started with CBP is all.
          Last edited by squeakeer; 08-10-2017, 02:58 PM.

• I was just emailed this morning to inform me that my Structured Interview is at the Detroit Field Office on 8/22 at 0800. Anyone know what to expect?

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did my SI at Detroit. Arrive early, and dress to impress. If you're a half way mature adult that knows how to interact with people the SI shouldn't be an issue. Think before you speak answer the whole question. Good luck!

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          Interviews have been a forte of mine for years I'll probably drive up the night before since I live so far away.

• BlueBlood734
          BlueBlood734 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had you had any status change/contact from a BI since your app went to the OPR for background; up until now?

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          They kicked it back since I had to add an address suffix for my work address but otherwise no

• I just happen to check CASS today and it said "Referred to schedule EOD" I hope this mean I should be getting an offer soon.

Comment

• hung_tran
          hung_tran commented
          Editing a comment
          Got my call today. So excited
          EOD - 28 Aug
          Academy - 19 Sep
          POE - San Ysidro
          Paygrade - GS9

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!! Congrats!!
          If you don't mind me asking, after your SI results how long did it take for them to contact you for the poly?
          I am just pending the poly and well drug screening which is not even a thing LOL

• hung_tran
          hung_tran commented
          Editing a comment
          It took approximately one month.

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          ok, so one month after SI is the poly... sounds good

• Anyone from 17-9 get a TSL yet? Had my NORs for a while now but haven't heard anything since.

Comment

• will.wilwon552
          will.wilwon552 commented
          Editing a comment
          Waiting for my Fitness test to be scheduled, just finished my medical!! I'm from 17-9 also!!

• Did my SI about three weeks ago in Jersey. Anyone here can tell me when I should expect call or email for poly?

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Same boat here!
          I think it just depends on the location you chose to do the poly at..
          As far as I know, its pretty much like the SI..
          They put you on the SI list for that location, once the location selected the days they will do SI interviews then the system automatically selects you when is your turn in line..

I was asking before because wanted to know how fast its going for the others.. at the end it depends on the location..

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got an email for my poly in September, took the SI July 18th. Reading through the last few pages here seems like the failure rate has gone down

• Tina_knowles
          Tina_knowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, did they tell you at the site if you passed or did you have to wait for an email?

• Well I also took my SI July 18th in Jersey. Is that where u took it Capt_Falco ? Anyways, hopefully I get my poly email soon

Comment

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          No I took it in Denver and then got it scheduled in Orlando for some reason, can't remember if that's the location I put but I guess it was. What port did you apply to?

• I applied for Texas cant remember where. 17-6

Comment

• Hello, took my Polygraph 2 weeks ago and was told by the examiner that so far I passed and it has to go to QC for review. What is the next step? How long do I have to wait until I receive an NOR? Thanks guys
          Last edited by jonfanlo; 08-16-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
            Same boat here!!! Took it 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't received any emails. A friend of my took it after me and he received an email the next day, unfortunately he has to retest. Took mine in Dallas BTW

• jonfanlo
            jonfanlo commented
            Editing a comment
            The wait and uncertainty is killing me lol. I applied for a poly waiver prior but figured might as well do the poly rather than wait a few months for the waiver to get approved.

• You should have gotten an email already with the results..
          If you have not hear anything then thats a good thing I believe..
          Contact them if you have their info

Where did you take your poly if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• I took mine in Escondido, CA. couple of miles north of San Diego. Hopefully, been reading a lot on forums saying that the examiner does not have the final say. Examiner also told me that QC is swamped right now.

Comment

• jonfanlo
              jonfanlo commented
              Editing a comment
              It's by Autoparkway in Escondido. Where you at on your application?

• HopefulBP
              HopefulBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I have my oral for CBPO on the 29 and oral for BPA on 30. How long after your interview did you get the notification for poly? I hope I can get the Escondido location too.

• jonfanlo
              jonfanlo commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice goodluck! It was like a week after the SI that i got the call for the poly. They'll ask you which location you prefer so you should get it.

• HopefulBP
              HopefulBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! Thanks man and good luck in the process! I know I've got awhile so I'm trying not to be excited haha

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9006 users online. 380 members and 8626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X