X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac1186
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Hey everyone!

New to the forum. I'm a 17-7 applicant still waiting for my BI and SI.
    See timeline below. Looking at requesting Blaine since it stated it had many vacancies at the time I applied. I currently work for the DoD as a special agent so I went through the VRA announcement and most of the requirements have been waived (PT, Med, Poly) Can anyone suggest things to begin to study (i.e. Immigration Law, 4th amendment) to have a more successful career. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Mike

CBPO
    Geo - North West
    Applied 05/09/17
    Exam - 06/01/17 Nashville, TN
    NOR - 07/01/17 Score 95
    TSL - 6/21/17
    Medical - waived
    PFT1 - waived
    BI - pending
    Poly - waived (TS//SCI)
    SI/Finger prints - pending
    Drug Screen - pending
    EOD- pending (Shooting for July 2018)

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      How did ya get the medical waived? That seems strange

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received a waiver for medical because I submitted my physical from the military and they waived it.

• RGC1988
      RGC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the 17-7 announcement as well
  • fathitman
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2016

Off to my doctor again.

I finished all my CASS steps around Feb this year but the medical part is killing me since I have a rating from the VA.

The worst part is I have been getting called by a supervisor (non-medical) to let me know they are ready to offer me a EOD but I need to get my medical done first.

Been to my private doctor and sending in a bunch of my VA paperwork to the nurse assigned to my case. I wish I didn't have a rating at this point since it has held me up for 6 months now. Damn the struggle.

You would think the medical would get waived since I already work for the feds.
    Last edited by fathitman; 08-01-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• BattleAx73
      BattleAx73 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's your rating? I have a 40% rating from the VA and had to have a second medical, basically have a doctor sign off on everything that the VA gave me a rating on, saying that it was not an issue and I could do the job requirements for CBPO. I have a green check on CASS now after that second go around.
  • smackey3
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Just an update, I just had my SI yesterday and got the email this morning saying I passed! Now Im waiting on my polygraph date.

Comment

• ghosttoast
      ghosttoast commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on, man. Hopefully you get the call for the poly soon.

• Goblin
      Goblin commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats smackey3! So was the interview as difficult as you thought?

• smackey3
      smackey3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Goblin actually it was pretty straightforward, The whole process only took an hour with fingerprinting too.
  • superquagdingo
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

So what kind of timeline nowadays am I looking at for recieving the TSL after NOR ? Applied to 17-9 announcement and recieved NOR 8/1, 3 weeks after taking the test. I thought it would be a faster process but I was already at the interview stage for TSA at this point.

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      I had everything finished withing 3 months of applying but I am a rated Veteran which means the expedited my application. Other people I know have taken 6ish months to get everything done.

• superquagdingo
      superquagdingo commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesnt sound too bad, thanks!
  • ifarted
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2016

Just got my score for 17-9

Comment

• squeakeer
      squeakeer commented
      Editing a comment
      when did you take your test?
  • Cutyprovt12
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2017

Im in the process with the 17-7 announcement. I just saw the 17-10 with direct hire. Is it going to be faster if I apply for that announcement? Would my 17-7 be gotten rid of if I apply for 17-10?

thanks

Comment

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      To my knowledge it won't pull you out of the previous application unless you ask to be removed from that one. All your steps will just count for both of them.

The direct hire could make it quicker but it is the feds so everything can be taken with a grain of salt.
  • ExtraRely
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2016

Hey all, recently applied for the 17-9 / 17-10. Various ports through all of the applications. I did one of the open competitive (gs5-7) , 2 of the direct hire (gs5-7 and gs-9) as well as the VRA's only as I'm a veteran. Mainly did the San Ysidro port and a few others in areas that I suspect may need people sooner than later. Took the entrance exam about 5 days ago but no response yet. My question is, if I applied for the GS9 that doesn't require an exam, could I receive a TSL sooner since I didn't have the test requirement? Luckily I have a TS/SCI and passing scores on my military fitness and medical exams and I was told those would transfer.

Comment

• superquagdingo
      superquagdingo commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as the test goes, I didn't get my results until the day after the anouncement closed. Testing doesn't end for 17-9 until the 14th so you probably won't get results at least until then. Its possible you could receive the TSL sooner since there's no exam requirement. The posting described that TSL's would be offered in rounds, based on when you tested. So it really depends on whether they'll count you in first round simply because there was no test or if your position in the rounds would be based on the date you applied instead of the test date. But it looks as if you'd be considered 3rd round for the 5/7 17-9 posting. Either way the rest of your process will certainly be easier and faster than others as so many things are carrying over. Good luck!
  • mariosa83
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2014

Hello everyone. Did anyone here applied to the direct hire posting for South Texas?

Comment

• agent823
      agent823 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for the GS 9 Direct Hire

• mariosa83
      mariosa83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey my husband is in the process just got called to schedule the first physical. I dont know if they are still doing two pfts like before. Did you applied for South Texas though?

• Kalabaw18
      Kalabaw18 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-3 and after no more PFT-2.
  • 3nf0rc3r
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

Hey guys
    Applied to the 17-7 posting on 4/25
    Entrance Exam - 4/28
    NOR - 5/16 Score 93
    Medical- 7/5
    Fitness - 7/12
    BI - still pending (they got hung up that I didn't include Address Suffixes, really)
    Just signed and submitted my Provisional Clear
    Poly - pending
    SI/Finger prints - pending
    Drug Screen - pending
    EOD- pending

My current employer (security company) already knows I'm in the process, and they've been real supportive. Anything else I should know, or an ETA?

Thanks, Tim

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I can understand the issue with the address suffixes only because some cities have the similar names for drives, avenues, streets etc... But maybe the zip code could clear that up.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      the subject line of the email read "e-QIP Rejection, Appl ID######" too, my heart sunk until I actually read the email

• Cutyprovt12
      Cutyprovt12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, im 17-7 , and got my BI kicked back twice. The second time being address suffixes.
      Still waiting for BI. Its been like 3 weeks since I took the physical test
  • agent823
    • Jul 2017

Has anyone applied for 17-10? Have you recieved NOR yet? This announcement should be a faster process no exam or PFT 2 required.

Comment

• squeakeer
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2011

I applied for the 17-10 VRA announcement but have not heard anything yet

Comment

• ES90
        • Mar 2016

Reported to my port this morning. To everyone that feels stuck in the process, keep your heads up and keep going! Its worth the wait. Good luck.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man, let us know how the first month is!

• Mac1186
          Mac1186 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me know if they give you a rental car authorization for FLETC

• Casper_Talon
          Casper_Talon commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello sir, I recently started the hiring process, I've been reading, learning and preparing for a positive outcome in my hire. How has your experience at the port been? Is it a good working atmosphere?, friendly or competitive? Has it been what you expected when you applied, or better? I'm just curious to know what I could expect if I get the position. Thanks!

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me preface this first, I was with TSA for nearly 3.5 years with the last year as a Lead Officer. Just about anything is better than the toxic, and unprofessional work environment I left. That being said, I'm having a blast up here. My POE is pretty great. We're big enough that it keeps it interesting but small enough it doesn't get overwhelming. You won't be stamping passports or stuck on a lane all day. The Officers there have described the port as a small family, and some people drive over an hour to work there instead of a closer port. The atmosphere is pretty positive, especially now with the resent influx of new Officers. It seems everyone has each other's backs, which is something I didn't experience often at TSA. The FTO's here have done a great job, they've actually made us excited to go to FLETC. Granted I've only been up here 2.5 weeks I'm pretty excited for my future with CBP.

As for rental cars, sorry missed that one. I wasn't really paying attention when it was mentioned but I'm pretty sure CBP doesn't allow you to take a rental to FLETC, paid by you or the government. There was no mention of a waiver.
      • BlueBlood734
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2017

4/15/17- Applied to 17-7
        5/11/17- Entrance Exam
        5/30/17- Enterance exam NOR (90; no VP)
        6/14/17- Tentative selection
        6/16/17- e-QIP submitted
        7/5/17- Medical exam

7/19/17- PFT-1 exam
        7/21/17- started BI (submitted to OPR, no contact w/ BI yet)

PENDING- SI, Poly, Drug test
        Last edited by BlueBlood734; 08-08-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          I also applied to 17-7... any idea if we have to do PFT-2 before or after the academy?

• BlueBlood734
          BlueBlood734 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe we have to PASS the PFT-2 prior to EOD, since we're after the 17-3 cutoff. I assume we still have to participate in it and also complete the graduation pft
          Last edited by BlueBlood734; 08-14-2017, 03:16 AM.

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          ok, that makes sense
      • birddog71
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2016

Hey all,
        passed my SI a few weeks back , just have drug test and poly pending. I chose to decline my provisional clearance at the start of this process and I just received an email from cbp asking if I would like to change my provisional to yes. Is that a normal step? It seems like they may want to move this along faster but I think I may stand with my same decision on waiting. Is the email I received normal for those who decline at the start ?

Comment

• Matt8538
          Matt8538 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most people down here took the preclear, beneficial cause it gets you down in the the academy and going and your background gets completed like half way through the process or given the full OK. But after you have met with your BI and he submits he's paperwork they have a pretty good idea that your good to go with no problems, also BI guy will have to be done with your paperwork work generally in 2-3weeks it seems is the norm.
          Not telling you what to do but just giving some info. Any further questions PM me best of luck everyone

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if HR lost paper work or something but I received an email from them as well asking to submit another provisional clear form, though I've submitted it twice already. Unless you have something crazy in your background or something that you don't report I don't see why you wouldn't say yes if it does get you in faster, which seems to be the case for most.

• 3nf0rc3r
          3nf0rc3r commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm curious to find out how fast you progress from the SI to the drug/poly test

• Capt_Falco
          Capt_Falco commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got my poly date for September, took the SI July 18 so about 2 months in between.
      • doe8
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by birddog71
        Hey all,
        passed my SI a few weeks back , just have drug test and poly pending. I chose to decline my provisional clearance at the start of this process and I just received an email from cbp asking if I would like to change my provisional to yes. Is that a normal step? It seems like they may want to move this along faster but I think I may stand with my same decision on waiting. Is the email I received normal for those who decline at the start ?
        I would be curious to know that as well, I chose the other option and have moved pretty quick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12106 users online. 74 members and 12032 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...