Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it comes down to this, I take the PFT2 on Wednesday at Harpers Ferry.

Anyone planning on taking their cars to FLETC? I've spoken to several people that have gone in the past and have encouraged me to drive if possible, which it is for me luckily.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you, or anybody else, can drive to FLETC...drive. Life is so much easier there when you have a vehicle to take you off-site, more or less to where you want and more or less when you want.

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Basically bringing your vehicle is mandatory if you want to have freedom and a good time out there.

If I get hired and Blaine I am going to have a tough time figuring out how I am getting that done. Maybe shipping my truck down since it is like 3k miles

• Cutyprovt12
      Cutyprovt12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought PFT2 was not required anymore ?

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      If you applied for the announcements before they took away the PFT 2 you still need to do it to get hired.

Also you still do it at the academy anyways.

• Got the email for Poly in 2 weeks. Excited!

Comment

• Kalabaw18
      Kalabaw18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 17-6 i took my SI on July 11 exactly 2 weeks ago.

• Yankee718
      Yankee718 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 17-7 still waiting on my SI should I reach out to see my CBP rep for an update?

• Kalabaw18
      Kalabaw18 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldnt ill just wait they know whats going on just alot of scheduling going on.

• Yankee718
      Yankee718 commented
      Editing a comment
      my Si finally got schedule. two week from today :-)

• How long after the test will I get my scores?

Comment

• Passed the PFT2 today. Was pretty easy, especially since I've had the last year to prepare LOL. To those of you in the later announcements that don't have to do the PFT2 during the hiring phase, I still highly recommend practicing the test and going to the gym a few times a week until you get the call. I've been working out this past year and I still don't feel fully prepared for FLETC. The graduation test at FLETC is very similar BTW. For those curious there were 6 my group, 4 CBPO and 2 BPA. All passed.

Comment

• STARCBPO
        STARCBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Day ES90, would you share your process time line from start to the end? I read here you said they asked you for some medical after your BI, is that the medical you re-did because it expired after a year or was it something different/other?

• Quick question guys... I sometimes take a medication for high blood pressure, rarely maybe every 2 months. I use it when I eat a lot of salty foods and my blood pressure elevates a little. I had high blood pressure issues in the past and now Im good, Im fit and loss a lot of weight. The issue is that I do not have a prescription for this medication, will this hurt me in the investigation process? I have already passed my medical but Im worried about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamBam_Fit View Post
        Quick question guys... I sometimes take a medication for high blood pressure, rarely maybe every 2 months. I use it when I eat a lot of salty foods and my blood pressure elevates a little. I had high blood pressure issues in the past and now Im good, Im fit and loss a lot of weight. The issue is that I do not have a prescription for this medication, will this hurt me in the investigation process? I have already passed my medical but Im worried about this.
        ​​​
        Inform the Agency what drugs you took, where you got them from, why and rest of the relevant facts. Many people overcome drug related issues. Honesty is always the best policy.

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          I listed it in the eQIP and explained everything, this is not a controlled substance and you can't get a high from this medication. Ive used it twice so far and when my blood pressure is not stable, I used to have a really high blood pressure before. Will see what will happen.

• So you're taking someone else's prescription meds. And you don't see any issues with this?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Obviously there is some thoughts to be had about this, if not then why would I ask about what people in this forum think about it. Bottom line is that yes, prescription meds was used while not intended for my use. However, this meds were taken as indicated and are not controlled substances that you can snort or inject and will give you a high. This meds do not have any recreational aspects to it, it reduces your blood pressure and thats it, it's not addictive either and I use only every few months when my high blood pressure is high. Obviously it all depends on what OPR thinks about this, if this job is for me then it will clear out (they ask for honesty and I gave it to them, if they don't like it then they are missing out on a person with integrity) if it's not then I have learned in life you have to let go what is not meant for you.

• Originally posted by BamBam_Fit View Post
        Quick question guys... I sometimes take a medication for high blood pressure, rarely maybe every 2 months. I use it when I eat a lot of salty foods and my blood pressure elevates a little. I had high blood pressure issues in the past and now Im good, Im fit and loss a lot of weight. The issue is that I do not have a prescription for this medication, will this hurt me in the investigation process? I have already passed my medical but Im worried about this.
        Saved for the BI.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          I listed it in my eQIP, Im not holding back on information.

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Saved for the BI.
        I know most agencies probably watch these forums but I doubt a OPM investigator is going to connect this guy with his real name.

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          It don't matter though, I listed all that information on the eQIP

• You seriously think that you have integrity by taking prescription medication that isn't yours? It doesn't matter that they don't "get you high". It is against the law, unless it is prescribed to YOU. That is a huge integrity issue.

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          and who are you pal? OPR makes that decision not you.
          I currently hold top secret clearance in the Air Force and applied for the CBP Air and Marine.
          If they get me fine, if not then I still have an awesome job with over 10 years of service, my life is set.
          What about you?
          Last edited by BamBam_Fit; 07-28-2017, 06:41 PM.

• I'd also suggest that you stop self-medicating, get yourself to a medical provider, have your BP issues adressed professionally, and, if you need drugs, get tbem prescribed for your use legitimately.
        Last edited by merlin436; 07-29-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• For those of you that have been hired how much notice did you have upon receiving the notification and your start date at FLETC? Is there a general period of time in advanced you are notified before your start date?

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received the call July 12, I have to report to my Port on August 7, FLETC starts August 31. No idea if this is typical turnaround.

• he123
            he123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! That looks to be a rather quick turn-around from your notification to your start date. I am definitely interested to know if it is that quick for others..

• Kalabaw18
            Kalabaw18 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 what Port you reporting at?

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Highgate Springs, VT.

• Here is a medical question/situation; when I marked down my medical history, I checked a (past) history of ADHD. I did not think it was a big deal as it was from when I was in middle school, well over a decade ago. I did take medication for about one year (like I said well a decade ago). I was flagged for medical review by cbp medical team, and they requested that I obtain a mental health evaluation. I went to a psychologist who specializes in Law Enforcement Evaluations. The Dr. reviewed my past medical documents from a counseling center from when I was about 12 years old. After evaluating me (multiple tests and interview about 6hrs total) and review of my past medical documentation; he determined that my diagnosis from when I was younger was inappropriate and should have never been diagnosed ADHD, but was a child acting out from family issues (parents divorce). He specifically states in a 6 page report that I have no deficiencies and there would be no reasons to believe that I am incapable of performing the duties of a law enforcement officer (Which is ironic because I am in Law Enforcement and have been for almost 6years now). Was wondering if anyone else had this same issue, I am thinking it should not be an issue; just it is taking forever for them to finish this medical review, and it's starting to make me a bit nervous.

Comment

• Hey everyone

Glad to see this forum!

Notice 17-6
            App 03/10/17
            Exam 03/30/17
            NOR 04/24/17
            TS 04/24/17 Seattle WA
            Med exam 05/22/17
            PT1 06/1/17
            Eqip in OPR 07/03
            SI scheduled 08/01/17

So far everything has been moving along. I have my SI scheduled for 08/01/17 which is tomorrow! I'll be honest...Im anxious and I don't know what to expect. Also I took my medical exam over two months ago and it still says pending in CASS... I don't know what the issue could be because everything updated even the PT1 which I took after my medical exam. Has anyone else had any issues with the medical test?... I was having trouble seeing some of the numbers during the colorblind test and I was upset at the nurse because of the comments she way making during the test. Also I was already upset because I couldnt see some of the numbers in the colors. So by time they took my blood pressure it was a lot higher than it usually is and I dont know if I actually passed the med exam or not. Even though I have an SI scheduled for tomorrow could I still be disqualified for the med exam?

Last edited by smackey3; 07-31-2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Goblin
              Goblin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey smackey3 I'm 17-6 as well I'm currently on the same timeline as yourself. I wouldn't worry to much about the med status being checked off yet (it all kinda wraps up together). As far as the S.I. (did mine a couple of weeks ago) it's fairly easy! Just think like a mature adult when answering and always be honest! Hope this helps!
              Goblin

• Thanks Goblin!

Have you gotten your results from the interview yet?
            Was the interview as intimidating as people think it is?

Comment

• Goblin
              Goblin commented
              Editing a comment
              I received an email about a week later saying I passed

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13363 users online. 474 members and 12889 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X