Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im here SWB San Ysidro.

Comment

• I applied to the 17-8 announcement last month and received TBQ email yesterday, followed by BI instructions. Today, I received my appointment notification for medical next Tuesday. I don't think this was a direct hire vacancy, but I'm (happily) surprised at how fast this is going so far. Also, I forgot to mention that I have not taken any entrance exams, but I do have a masters in criminal justice and am currently pursuing a Ph.D. Is this normal? Thanks for any insight!

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        Entrance exams and the PFT 2 are not needed if you applied to the GS 9 positions that are posted. They got rid of them to hire people quicker.

• sabrina_belling
        sabrina_belling commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, fathitman!

• tcinnj
        tcinnj commented
        Editing a comment
        hey sabrina, other than who is eligible to apply, do you know what the difference is between the direct hire and the non-direct, I guess, hire? thanks!

• Follow up question, anyone know how long you have to agree to stay in the area you apply for? 3 years, 5? Would love to get initial post at one that pays higher rate & beef up my savings, then put in a few years there then try (of course no guarantee) to transfer to a location elsewhere in county (like back to NCR region).
      "Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
      You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at"

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
        audi0xpl0de commented
        Editing a comment
        You can immediately try and transfer to somewhere else. There's a reason why those locations pay more, the cost of living is higher. It all equals out in the end.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        An other thing to consider is that those signing bonuses for some locations come about because those ports are hard-to-fill and even harder to relocate out of.

Under the right circumstances, a person could cherrypick a high-income port, work as much as possible, bank as much as possible, and then move on...but it's not exactly a plan I'd put much faith while in pre-employment. Too much can go wrong to plan ahead like that.

• I see alot of people apply on different announcements, what if u get tentavly selected on both announcements what is priority and do all pre employment carry om to the other announcement u applid too?

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes your steps get carried over to any announcement you apply too after your initial one.

• tcinnj
        tcinnj commented
        Editing a comment
        similar question, I began to apply for a newer announcement, my first was not direct hire, this would have been, but I stopped the process when it said that it would replace my initial application. I am into the process already and did not want to lose any progress or lose everything in some random twist of fate. so how is it that some people have applied to multiple announcements?

• Hey everyone!! I'm part of the 17-5 group getting ready to do my SI tomorrow. Medical and BI are turned in just waiting on the check mark. All I have left is the poly and drug screen. Everything else is finished. Wondering where in the process the other 17-5 guys are @?

Comment

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the 17-7 announcement and just did my SI and finger prints yesterday. Same boat as you now just waiting for poly scheduling. The SI was surprisingly simple and quick so I'm hoping the poly is similar since they need officers so bad. Good luck

• Any VET the can help me out with this Question. I am transitioning from Active duty and I'm claiming veteran preference! They asked me for a DD214 which I don't have until my final day however I summitted a Statement of service (6 years AD) and they gave me 0 point vet preference adjudicated!!!! It is my understanding that Im suppose to received 5 point and 0 point is for survivor children.

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to wait until you are fully out and have your discharge paperwork to get the preference. It is a VETERAN preference after all. Just look up the qualifications and it will tell you.

• For those of you under VRA announcements are you getting offered locations you want or are you being told to go only high demand areas. I know it in the announcement location negotiable?

Comment

• jherrera367
        jherrera367 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was in 16-1 VRA from 2016 March. Jut got the offered this month and I'm taking PFT-2 this Friday. They gave me various options to choose from. But don't count that it will be the same for everyone, hopes it gives you a little bit of insight. I took Hawaii Honolulu. Expect not being able to choose and if they offer you different locations then consider it a plus!

• Hey everyone!

I am so grateful to find this forum and thank everyone that has contributed to it! I applied and was tentatively selected for the 17-8 announcement at both the GS-5/7 and GS-9 levels. Before getting in to all the details my question is, on my GS-9 CASS the Background Investigation and Structured Interview BOTH say “not applicable”. Anyone know what that means?

My journey so far: I applied to the GS-5/7 listing in June. After giving it some thought as to whether I was eligible, a week later I applied to the GS-9 listing. I took the entrance exam about a week later. A few weeks later I received the email saying I was tentatively selected for the GS-5/7 position at both of those grades. The next day I received an email to schedule my medical exam which is next week. About a week after that, I received my tentative selection email at the GS-9 grade. On CASS for both grades I have green check marks and “completed” for Pre-Employment Forms and Qualifications. For the GS-5/7 Medical Exam, Structured Interview, Drug Screening, Background Investigation and Fitness all say “pending”. For the GS-9 CASS Medical Exam, Drug Screening and Fitness all say “pending”. For Structured Interview and Background Investigation it is blank where the “completed”/”pending” would be, and the far right column says “Not Applicable”. Which brings me back to my question, does anyone know what that means? I thought maybe it was because I have started the process at the GS-5/7 level, but then why would it only be those two, and not all the remaining requirements?

I appreciate any insight anyone might have or any advice anyone has to offer. I look forward to get further in and completing this process so I can return the favor.

Best to everyone!

~t

Comment

• Kalabaw18
        Kalabaw18 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think as a GS 9 u dont need the SI anymore the background i dont know i think you dont need to do Poly to but im not sure.

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        For gs9 the SI and poly are still required, just did my SI for the gs9 rating and the HR lady said poly would be scheduled next. The exam is not required for gs9 and now the pft-2 for all applicants I believe. You just probably need to give CASS a little more time to update itself since you applied to 2 different announcements.

• tcinnj
        tcinnj commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both! I appreciate the input.

• Just wanted to share with you guys my status... 17-7
      I completed and passed Medical and Fitness, I see in CASS the drug test has not been scheduled but authorization was already given to the vendor to perform drug test. Just got called and was told to change some stuff in e-qip and sign some forms including provisional clear form. More than likely in the next few weeks will be scheduled to do SI and Polygraph. This is my dream job! hopefully it goes through, as well for all of you!

Comment

• 17-8

Everything is done.

Secondary Medical was submitted and received email telling me they got it and are reviewing it.

UA test done but not updated on CASS.

Now just waiting for the call.

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          You did SI, Poly and drug already?
          If so did had previously applied for another announcement and didn't complete?

If not then that was super duper fast!
          Last edited by BamBam_Fit; 07-19-2017, 04:56 PM.

• fathitman
          fathitman commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything carried over from a prior announcement.

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense! Wow well congratulations!! You've made it, you will probably be like a little kid when you get the call.. good luck

• Checked my CASS and still pending is myy medical, BI (Poly) and Drug test. Had to do my medical for color test which i pass and submitted already but on CASS no check yet. Then i check the CBPO Job Tracker APP . And they had my Medical checked of and im medically qualifies fird they said so maybe CASS will ipdate later or tomorrow. Anyways 17-6 here only waiting for Poly schedule, BI and drug test getting closer

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
          BamBam_Fit commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats great! Getting closer, one checkmark at a time
          Im a 17-7 applicant, only pending SI and Poly, drug test on the way!

• Hello everyone,
        I just want to start by saying thank you to everyone that has contributed to this forum and this thread.
        I applied to the 17-7 announcement
        I completed and passed Medical and Fitness
        Waiting for: Structured interview, drug screening, BI and Polygraph

Comment

• For those that have already taken the poly, how long it actually takes? I know you must plan for 7 to 8 hours but it really takes that long?

Comment

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on a ton of variables.

Mine was around 3 hours but I was the first one to leave out of the group of people being interviewed that day.

• JacobyJon
            JacobyJon commented
            Editing a comment
            mine took 2 hours.

• I have a question when taking the proctored test. Should I dress business causal or full suit and tie?

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
            audi0xpl0de commented
            Editing a comment
            No need to dress up at all for the proctored test. Dress comfortably.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll agree with Aud...with the caveat that I've seen various management about in plain clothes at such test sites.

If comfortable to you means ratty old sandals, ripped shorts, a stained t-shirt, and a torn ball cap...then upgrade to dressing in business casual.

• squeakeer
            squeakeer commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you both for the information. Much appreciated.

• Hello everyone,
          First question- I did my poly a few weeks ago. Examiner said in his stand point I passed but he needed to send it in to QC for confirmation. Got a call today to set up meeting to review my poly....... anyone know what this means? Pretty freaked out..

Comment

• varkoo
            varkoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Most likely you will do another poly.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10552 users online. 487 members and 10065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X