300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesusalberti View Post
    Hello all, I recently got my tentative selection offer and am filling out my e-QIP. For the past 5 or 6 years I've had an address on my license which I don't live at (it's my aunt's house) I've had this a dress so that I could have gone to a high school I wanted to go to. My question is if I need to list this address or just leave it out all together. The problem is I don't really know anyone who can verify me at this address. I would really appreciate any help I need to finish this as fast as possible.
    List all your addresses, including the fraudulent ones. Then explain everything, including your reasoning for your creative use of your Aunt's address, with your initial packet and to your background investigators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheridan1 View Post
      Some of those towns that are offering 25% more to your salary have towns of about 150 people lol. I don't see why anyone would take those and be miserable like that.
      Some people like to live out in the wilds. Plus, many commute from elsewhere.

Having said that, yeah...many do end up miserable...and not always due simply to location. That 25% really isn't all that much of an incentive...especially considering it's only for three years.

Comment

• Anyone know if with all this fiasco with the senate regarding the poly exam failing rate it's still hard or are they being a little bit lenient due to the 5K new agents they need to hire, even if no changes have been made; maybe behind closed doors they passed the word need to pass more candidates?
        Would actually love to see if that number improves!

Comment

• How's it going guys ! Just needed a bit of advice
          currently I'm on the SI part of my process, I'm going for San ysidro.
          I did my physical, medical, and my background check is in OPR, the status of it says it's in the office. My interview is at the end of this month. how fast in your guys experince do you think I should be finished with everything, really the only thing pending is my drug test and I know the poly is in there somewhere but dosent get a check mark. How fast should I be done and if someone can give me pointers on the interview and polygraph that would be great! Thanks !

Comment

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            There are a ton of factors for how the speed of the process goes. If they expedited your application it can be as short as 2 months or a normal app can be longer. Also get ready for a gov shutdown coming soon which will again halt all application until the budget gets passed.

Also depends on if you accept the preclearance or not.

It is the feds so getting hired can take forever.

• IB_CBP_Soon
            IB_CBP_Soon commented
            Editing a comment
            You still have a ways to go, SI then polygraph interview, then BI interview and drug test. Then PFT2

• Do BP & OFO share polygraph results? Can anyone confirm/deny this from their experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
            Do BP & OFO share polygraph results? Can anyone confirm/deny this from their experience?
            Yes. They share the poly results and several other pre-employment steps.

Comment

• oceanbeach
              oceanbeach commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Merlin, you're a great resource on here & the Delphi forum. I appreciate it. I'm at the Oral/SI stage with BP & OFO so I was wondering whether whomever contacts me first for the poly will share the results with the other. Hoping of course those results will be "passed".

• As of this morning everything on my CAS is checked off! Finally, drug test took a month to process. So I'm lead to believe at this point I'll eventually be receiving a call with an offer? Then EOD?

Comment

• BamBam_Fit
              BamBam_Fit commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats awesome!! I believe they should call you soon as they have an opening in your port or they come in with another port offer. Quick question, how long has it been your entire process until now?

• ghosttoast
              ghosttoast commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats, ES90, so good to finally see some of us here on their way to FLETC. As BamBam_Fit said, it should be as soon as there is a position available for the port you selected.

.....I am just as to see your timeline aswell....

• Just checked CASS and my BPA medical shows a checkmark but the CBPO does not have a checkmark, I thought they shared the same medical exam? anyone knows anything?
            Last edited by BamBam_Fit; 07-11-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Hello my fellow applicants, so I've been following you guys and I'm in the 16-1 VRA applicant.

I am excited to say that I got called for August 7th EOD 2017.

they gave me 24 hrs from today to choose a location and surprisingly the list was appealing. I am in El Paso Texas and they even gave me a position here that I can put in for. Now my dilemma is they also gave me Honolulu Hawaii!!

Im really considering it and have been doing some research. What do you guys think? I do have a house here in EP but would like to experiment Hawaii!

any advice or good input would be appreciated really looking forward for pre academy training and my academy date is August 31st 2017- January 12th 2018.

Also so how do we use the GI bill for the academy currently been attending college this whole tin I've been waiting (1 year 2 months exactly) lol.

their offering me GS7

Comment

• jherrera367
                jherrera367 commented
                Editing a comment
                B.I and everything cleared, they gave me a lot of option. I just want to experience the opportunity. Failing is not even an option. I'm cleared on everything. I work out, I run, I'm attending college. I have a really good friend that I served in the army with that lives in Hawaii. He was born and raised their, I'm an optimistic person. Living life trying to do good, be good and make a difference.

• fathitman
                fathitman commented
                Editing a comment
                You can always get injured at the academy.

There are always things to plan for that can go wrong. There are people that make it past the academy but get fired on probation.

• jherrera367
                jherrera367 commented
                Editing a comment
                True, something's to consider.. what's so difficult about probation? I want to know the poisitives of this opportunity if you don't mind me asking.

• STARCBPO
                STARCBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                Good Day Jherrera367 and everyone! I have two questions, 1st - When I started the application almost 18 months ago, I applied for GS5 since I did not have 1 year screening experience to be qualified for GS7, however I just successfully completed my Polygraph and have almost 2 years of screening experience now, at the time of offer do you think they will automatically give me GS7 since I have the required experience? Or will they give me GS5 as I originally applied? Or is there a room for negotiation if it's not done automatically?

2nd Question: How frequently FLETC has CBPO training classes open? Or how many CBPO training classes do they run? Is it just one class every 6 months or are there multiple classes and more frequently? I know one CBPO class starts on August 31 thru January, but If my CASS reflects all check marks in few days, do you think I have a chance to join FLETC in a different class or does it mean I will have to wait 6 months before HR calls me to make an offer due to no multiple FLETC classes?

Any help is appreciated. Good Luck to everyone here who are in the process of becoming a LEO!

• Cost of living in Hawaii is extremely high. It's not as glamorous as you would think.

Comment

• fathitman
                fathitman commented
                Editing a comment
                And with trump trying to get rid of COLA you really will not have a good time living in those areas.

• As requested, my updated timeline:
              - Applied for 16-10 07/08/16
              - Received NOR 07/22/2016 (still had a valid score from previous attempt)
              - Tentative selection 8/10/2016
              - Received background packet 08/15/2016
              - SI email 08/29/2016
              - SI 09/02/2016
              - SI NOR 09/07/2016
              - Medical exam/PFT 1 emails 09/07/2016
              - Passed PFT1 09/28/2016
              - Poly date received 11/10/2016
              - Poly taken 11/30/2016 (results inconclusive)
              - Date for 2nd Poly received 12/14/2016
              - 2nd Poly completed 01/12/2017
              - BI interview call 03/29/2017, met with people listed throughout April
              - Call for drug test scheduling 6/07/2017
              - CAS updated with BI completion 6/08/2017
              - Drug test 06/14/17
              - Additional medical info requested 06/14/17, completed 06/21/17
              - Drug test checked off CAS 07/11/2017
              - Received offer call 07/12/2017

EDIT: 06/12/2017 Received the call! Only offered me Highgate Springs, VT, where I applied to. I'll be there contingent passing the PFT2 starting 08/07. FLETC starts 08/31. Beware, the call came from a private number so make sure you guys answer your phones! Should be receiving an email with more info shortly.
              Last edited by ES90; 07-12-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• fathitman
                fathitman commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats

So your announcement was before they got rid of the PFT 2?

I find it funny they still will have people do it that applied before they changed that.

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, my announcement wasn't even close to the cut off for the PFT2.

• jherrera367
                jherrera367 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll see you at the academy!! Congrats by the way! Same date for me, also I got scheduled the PFT-2 which is too easy looking at the standards. Keep your head on the swivel and stay ready for opportunities like this. I'm scheduled for July 21st 2017 for pft 2.

• Was in the process earlier this year but pulled my application and just recently applied to the GS 9 announcement since I am both a veteran and current LEO. My pulled application was for Massana NY but my GS 9 one is for Blaine WA since Massana was not available anymore.

Applied to the 17-8 announcement - 6/2/17
              7/2/17 - Everything carried over from previous application (BI, Test, Fitness Test, SI, Qualifications)
              7/2/17 - Secondary Medical info - If you have a VA rating be prepared to see a private doctor to sign off on your paperwork
              7/12/17 - Secondary Medical done and UA as well

The big question is when will you have to pass the PFT 2 since they got rid of it. I am guessing it will be at the end of the academy?
              Last edited by fathitman; 07-12-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                You take the FGS(PFT2) 3 times while at FLETC. You are expected to pass all 3, but the last one the month before graduation is the only one that really matters. All 3 matter if you don't want your class to get smoked every PT session if you catch my meaning.

• So they called me today telling me they want to offer me the job but waiting on my secondary medical which I just submitted so I am sure they are going to give me an offer here soon.

Has anyone gone from one agency to another? How is that process done. I most likely will have to take leave to move to the new location for CBP. I am reading online that CBP will call my HR reps and negotiate a start date for me so I don't have a break in service. What are some tips ya guys have.

Comment

• Just got my SI done tuesday and passed it. Pretty excited now that i have Poly coming up i figure tomorrow they should call or email me. Has anyone been scheduled for Poly for the ones that did there SI Tuesday july 11.

Comment

• ak56221
                  ak56221 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took my SI on 6/14 (passed) but still no poly date......

• Kalabaw18
                  Kalabaw18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Before i left the SI they told me they would call me this week for poly. Sisnt happen maybe next week.

• So am I the only one who has been thinking that the polygraph portion is being taken less seriously now due to the demand needed and the bad publicity regarding the insane failure rates? Has anyone taken there polygraph in the last month feel it's been condensed, I know that my SI was defiantly condensed down from what it used to be based on what I have heard and read, I see now they are doing away with parts of the pftt-1 and the entire pft-2; it would only make sense that they are now starting to loosen up on the polygraph's also. Idk what is everyone else's thought's. I just need my drug test(easy pass obviously), pft-2(easy pass) and the polygraph ( I am trying to get an optimistic approach despite all the statistics). I am 17-4 applicant

Comment

• ak56221
                  ak56221 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I haven't got scheduled for my poly or my drug test yet. Just waiting now, I did download the new "CBP JOBS" app today and it gives much more detailed information than the CASS system. I put in for the COBURN GORE, ME; I am from the ADK so I am used to that type of environment. How far have you gotten?

• Kalabaw18
                  Kalabaw18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here just waiting poly, drugtest and BI still pending on medical but i already submitted what they wanted.sorry for asking but what is ADK?

• ak56221
                  ak56221 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Adirondacks, What port are you going for? To be honest I would take anything up north to start

Editing a comment
                  17-4 as well! same boat! btw I don't think you need to take the PFT 2 anymore!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11276 users online. 474 members and 10802 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X