Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if the polygraph waiver is in effect yet. I see that it passed the house and the Senate committee passed it 9-2. Does that mean its official? I had a buddy who took the poly test in Seattle and failed and he told me the poly was terrible, said the guy wouldn't take no for any of his answers that my buddy was lying and he needs to come clean. He is a active duty military secret clearance, been in for 7 plus years never had a NJP, UCMJ, or anything. Just sounds a little ridiculous to me. I think this bill will help a lot of deserving vets get on with CBP or BP. Good luck to you all.

Comment

36500 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it still has to go through the senate then signed by POTUS and then finally it will become law.

• fathitman
      fathitman commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends on the examiner.

I had a NJP in the Marines but that was my only trouble. Never really got asked about it during the poly but the BI investigators worked me over about it. My poly was pretty standard and didn't have much issue passing it.

It always seems to me that the guys that fail it always have some complaint about it. Your buddy could be lying during the test. Nobody will know but them.

• azcactus42
      azcactus42 commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed the CBP Poly... and I still think it is bogus. 60-70% failure rates are ridiculous... and way higher than other Fed LE agencies. I know many people that have failed... that are completely squared away. CBP/BP is missing out on great candidates because of something that is not even admissible in court...

• Anyone still here
    Last edited by varkoo; 04-05-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• varkoo
      varkoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Took the medical and fitness (July 21)waiting for the IS.

• BattleAx73
      BattleAx73 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO 17-3 for me...finished SI and Poly, now just waiting on BI to finish...said it could take up to 6 months to finish background (worst case scenario)...SI and Poly were both in Seattle, different buildings.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      varkoo did you took your SI yet?
      I applied on for CBPO 17-7, i just took my SI today.

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      BattleAx73 did you also apply for Blaine or Seattle location?
      when you had your SI, did they do fingerprint after the interview?

• Hello one and all! I just came across this forum. I as well am in the hiring process for 17-6. Seems like all the 17-6 guys are all on about the same place in the hiring process..... at least I know I'm not behind the power curve...currently im waiting on an email to do the SI

Comment

• tlouisiana
      tlouisiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey goblin, did you receive your email for your SI? I am in the hiring process for 17-7 and I received my email saying that I have mine on the 12th. I also have my physical fitness on the 10th. Good luck

• Goblin
      Goblin commented
      Editing a comment
      Only things I have left are the SI and the poly. Currently awaiting opr to review my BI. Should be about 2 or 3 weeks from what I'm seeing

• Hey everyone, I am glad I found this forum. I have a couple questions and any information would be appreciated. I have my physical on the 10th of this month and my SI on the 12th. If anyone completed the SI. How was it? Should I stress or it wasn't that bad? Thanks in advance

Comment

• tlouisiana
      tlouisiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate it. Hopefully it goes smoothly and I pass. I have read some horror stories about the poly. Hopefully if I get to that point I don't have any problems with it.

• Happy702
      Happy702 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. I'm 17-7 too. My physical is on July 10th. I haven't been contacted for SI. Did they email you? Where did you apply? Mine is SF.

• tlouisiana
      tlouisiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, happy702. They actually emailed me for the SI first. Then they emailed me regarding the physical fitness test. I applied for Eagle Pass Texas. I'll keep you updated. Good luck with everything.

• Happy702
      Happy702 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Good luck to you as well

• Hey guys, just joining the thread. I'm looking to potentially apply on the 17-9 announcement, for 1 or 2 of the Maine stations. Few questions...

1) Has anyone applied for one of the duty stations that has the increased pay incentive? If so, have you found they are quicker to process those over others or just lumped in with everyone else?
    2) Anyone with prior FLETC (UPTP) know if you have to go back through all of their training, or just part of it?
    Last edited by ThGreatFandango; 07-06-2017, 09:07 AM.
    "Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
    You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at"

Comment

• Originally posted by ThGreatFandango View Post
      Hey guys, just joining the thread. I'm looking to potentially apply on the 17-9 announcement, for 1 or 2 of the Maine stations. Few questions...

1) Has anyone applied for one of the duty stations that has the increased pay incentive? If so, have you found they are quicker to process those over others or just lumped in with everyone else?
      2) Anyone with prior FLETC (UPTP) know if you have to go back through all of their training, or just part of it?
      I doubt most people will see much of an advantage processing-wise in applying to an incentive port vs a standard port.

You will also take all 89 training days of the CBPO academy, regardless of whatever prior academies you have attended in the past.

Comment

• Anybody knows how transfer work in CBP? Duty wise.... thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Army300 View Post
          Anybody knows how transfer work in CBP? Duty wise.... thanks
          You can always try and find someone to swap with at another port and other times they'll post laterals to ports that are hard to fill with openings.

Comment

• Army300
            Army300 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a page where you can check out and see the transfer options? And after how long can you transfer from your duty station?

• That is only available once you're on the job. You can try and transfer any time. People in the academy work out swaps all the time. It does have to be approved by management and they don't always do so.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'm a 17-8 applicant and received my TSL for San Ysidro. Is there a way I can apply to other posts nationally without having to re-take the exam. Would I have to apply to the 17-9 announcement? I know my TSL would not apply to other areas but I was just wondering if there was a way to apply to more without having to re-take the exam. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassboy View Post
              Soo I finally realized yesterday that I wont get a poly waiver without a top secret clearance which is ridiculous to say the least. Im a vet a currently hold a secret clearance but they dont seem to care. Anywas might as well drop the whole process before I go to fake science depression session where the examiner is just going to fail me again
              a secret clearance is a loose background check, meaning you have not been thoroughly vetted.
              Last edited by Rs645; 07-13-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys and gals!

I'm from the 17-7 announcement, it sure looks like everything is moving along fairly quick!
                I applied at the end of April and already completed and passed the entrance exam, medical and PFT-1.
                They sent me back to the medical facility to re-do the audiogram and that alone took 1 month.
                Thank god they approved my medical this week, alone with PFT-1; the step test for BPA really got me sweating, CBPO not that much.
                I am in the process for both BPA and CBPO.
                Cant wait to get the date for my SI and then tackle the poly.
                They need a lot of BPAs and CBPOs, hopefully they are a little bit lenient.
                I plan to answer with honesty, if that doesn't work then at least I'll know it wasn't due to holding back; positive vibes!
                Good luck to all of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy702 View Post
                  Anyone answered 17-7 for San Francisco ?
                  Yes I am!! How far are you in the process?

Comment

• tlouisiana
                    tlouisiana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am 17-7 but applied for Eagle Pass Texas. I have completed the entrance exam and medical exam. I have the physical fitness test on Monday and the SI on Wednesday. How far are you in the process? Good luck

• Happy702
                    Happy702 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi. I am doing my physical on Monday. Did Medical on 5-30. No SI, Background and Poly yet. I applied on 4-30. What about you? What does your timeline look like?
                    Last edited by Happy702; 07-09-2017, 01:45 AM.

• tlouisiana
                    tlouisiana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I Applied March 14th. So for I completed entrance exam and medical. I have fitness test tomorrow and the SI on Wednesday. I'm assuming after those are completed with passing results I'll be contacted for my poly and drug screen. Also on 6/20 they submitted my background information to OPR.

• Tina_knowles
                    Tina_knowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did the fit test two weeks ago. Medical was done about two months ago and they are giving me issues because apparently the facility I went to, lost my paper work and I might have to do it again smh. Still no word on Poly or SI for me. I had to make a few changes on my BI packet. Just waiting now.

• lllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                  Last edited by Toasty028; 07-11-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Some of those towns that are offering 25% more to your salary have towns of about 150 people lol. I don't see why anyone would take those and be miserable like that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9974 users online. 474 members and 9500 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X