Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone 17-4 applicant here signed up for the Roma, Tx POE. Ill be having my SI early July in Laredo, any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Depends on what you put in for.

Being BOP you qualify for their targeting Law Enforcement posting which you need to apply for. They will hire you on as a 9-1 most likely.
      With the 8 I got at rest of the us that would put around a 9 step 6 if I was stepped out on a gs Leo pay scale
      Last edited by Rmodel1965; 06-25-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP officer blows BOP out of the water in terms of pay. Right now a stepped out officer at gs12-10 will make almost 94k base salary in RUS...In CBP you get your 12 automatically, BOP you need to be a capt or unit manager to go to 12

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        obviously it does although going with the ws8 im getting if i transfer back to where im currently stationed or a couple different prisons my base pay will be in the near 90k as a ws8 with nearly unlimited OT potential

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can make nearly 90K base pay with the potential of working nearly unlimited OT where you are at...it might be better fiscally for you to stay where you are.

CBP might meet you in terms of your non-locality base pay rate NOW. I can't see them matching a future raise though.

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        Obviously now a future pay rate. But I doubt I'll be super far into the cbp process before I get.my next sf50 at the new duty station. As for the 90k it's definitely doable for the base bit I'll need to lateral back to my current location. Or to a prison in Michigan

• Received invite for SI this morning (yes on a Sunday) for July 3rd. Obviously, I'll be out of town for the holiday weekend. I replied to the email explaining my situation. Not sure why they'd be interviewing during a holiday period but I guess that's not important. Just curious if anyone has had any luck in rescheduling an interview? The email said they'll reschedule for extenuating circumstances.....just not sure if a vacation is extenuating. Also, is a week the typical notice period for getting an interview date? I'm a 17-6 applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
        Received invite for SI this morning (yes on a Sunday) for July 3rd. Obviously, I'll be out of town for the holiday weekend. I replied to the email explaining my situation. Not sure why they'd be interviewing during a holiday period but I guess that's not important. Just curious if anyone has had any luck in rescheduling an interview? The email said they'll reschedule for extenuating circumstances.....just not sure if a vacation is extenuating. Also, is a week the typical notice period for getting an interview date? I'm a 17-6 applicant.
        I am a 17-5 applicant. I received my notice on 06-21 and they have it scheduled for 7-14-2017. So they gave me a little over two week notice. Maybe it depends on where you chose to go for the SI and what their availability is at that particular location.

I am still trying to find out the places that are on the list to pick from to see if I can find any closer to me. No-one seems to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
          Received invite for SI this morning (yes on a Sunday) for July 3rd. Obviously, I'll be out of town for the holiday weekend. I replied to the email explaining my situation. Not sure why they'd be interviewing during a holiday period but I guess that's not important. Just curious if anyone has had any luck in rescheduling an interview? The email said they'll reschedule for extenuating circumstances.....just not sure if a vacation is extenuating. Also, is a week the typical notice period for getting an interview date? I'm a 17-6 applicant.
          Dude that's awesome! I'm 17-6 San Ysidro POE and received my SI notice on June 19th for July 17th. July 3rd isn't on the Federal Holiday Schedule so it doesn't surprise me. Good luck getting that changed.

Comment

• I was able to reschedule my SI. Just send them an email.

Comment

• Anyone have trouble with having dual citizenships ? I became a US citizen by naturalization. I dont intend to keep my other citizenship but I never thought of renunciation.

Thanks for any inputs

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe. If it's a country of special interest, a country tied to terrorism that one has citizenship with...it might cause some major problems. If a person holds and travels with a passport from another country...might be a problem.

Most countries most of the time, it's not a deal breaker. More likely than not, you won't have to actually renounce another citizenship, although they might require you to be willing to formally renounce your other citizenship.. should it be requested.

• Anyone answered 17-7 for San Francisco ?
              Last edited by Happy702; 06-26-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Hello, I'm a 17-6 applicant and I was just wondering what step in the pre-employment process some of you where in?

Comment

• Happy702
                  Happy702 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am doing my fit test in 10 days. Submitted my background packet on 6-4. I turned my application in on 4-30. Medical scheduled on 5-30.
                  Last edited by Happy702; 06-27-2017, 01:54 AM.

• dcbp1776
                  dcbp1776 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From a previous post:
                  For anyone that is curious, this is my up to date timeline. I applied out of San Diego.
                  Announcement CBPO 17-6 to San Ysidro
                  3/26 Applied
                  4/13 Exam
                  4/24 NOR
                  5/4 Tentative selection and BI packet
                  5/7 Submitted BI
                  5/19 Medical
                  5/24 BI rejected and resubmitted
                  5/25 BI released to OPR
                  6/9 PFT
                  7/12 Structured Interview

• Soo I finally realized yesterday that I wont get a poly waiver without a top secret clearance which is ridiculous to say the least. Im a vet a currently hold a secret clearance but they dont seem to care. Anywas might as well drop the whole process before I go to fake science depression session where the examiner is just going to fail me again

Comment

• dcbp1776
                  dcbp1776 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a bummer. You've taken the **** polygraph before?

• Does any body here from San Diego that knows an Optemetrisy thta has the color test called Farnsworth D15 amd the Farnsworth munsell 100 test ive been looking all around San Diego and the dont have the Farnswroth munsell 100. Need help before the deadline thanks!
                Last edited by Kalabaw18; 06-27-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• dcbp1776
                  dcbp1776 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kalabaw18 Just out of curiosity, what deadline do you need this color test for?

• Kalabaw18
                  Kalabaw18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They gave till july but i was getting scared cause been calling ng opttemetrust all over san diego and nobody had the test they wanted. I got it done though gh yesterday at Hillcrest and Oceanbeach suggested another one in chula vista they have one there to.
                  Last edited by Kalabaw18; 06-29-2017, 08:43 PM.

• Originally posted by Kalabaw18 View Post
                Does any body here from San Diego that knows an Optemetrisy thta has the color test called Farnsworth D15 amd the Farnsworth munsell 100 test ive been looking all around San Diego and the dont have the Farnswroth munsell 100. Need help before the deadline thanks!
                Too much time on my hands at the office so I looked into it for you.....these guys do it!
                H Street Optometry
                557 H Street Suite B
                Chula Vista, CA 91910

Across from the Chula Vista Mall by the Drive thru Starbucks

Phone: 619-422-0139
                Fax: 619-422-0066

Comment

• Kalabaw18
                  Kalabaw18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im 17-6 i got SI tomorrow. Kinda nervous and excited! No poly yet. What about u?

• oceanbeach
                  oceanbeach commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have my Oral with BP on Thursday & my OFO SI next Tuesday. No word on poly yet either. I'm presuming it'll come pretty soon after SI. Also nervous & excited, I just received the email scheduling my BP interview this morning - giving me 3 days notice. Kind of sucks because I have to "think outside the box" to get out of work that day now. Anyway, I'll figure it out. Good luck in your interview tomorrow.

• Kalabaw18
                  Kalabaw18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That does suck 3 days notice. Where are u going to do your OFO SI is it in Chula Vista too?

• oceanbeach
                  oceanbeach commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah both of the interviews are at the same location - the SD Border Patrol Headquarters. Should be interesting having to show up there twice within a week. I wonder where the polygraphs take place around SD. I guess there's a chance they could be there too. No clue on that though. I've been keeping in touch with a guy who took his SI there around 2 weeks ago & now he has his poly scheduled for 7/18 so it was about 3 weeks after his SI that he'll take the poly. Hoping to follow that timeline too.

• So I have my SI at the end of next month and the email says attire is business casual, this is a bit odd to me because others have not been this. Have others that have already did theirs dressed the same, I have no qualm but would just like to hear from others. Also some have said varying differences of time length too.

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post
                  So I have my SI at the end of next month and the email says attire is business casual, this is a bit odd to me because others have not been this. Have others that have already did theirs dressed the same, I have no qualm but would just like to hear from others. Also some have said varying differences of time length too.
                  Just wear a suit. You will be fine.
                  With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• I did my fitness test about two weeks ago, and passed. I have heard nothing yet. I have no idea which process I am in either. Ex: 17-4; 17-5. Where do you find that information? And I'm assuming the SI is after the fitness test?

Comment

• fathitman
                      fathitman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They should contact your about scheduling your SI thru email.

Check your CSS to see what step you are at in the process. Also you can contact them by email to see what is going on. Their email should be in your emails you been getting from them. They are open to getting emails if you have any questions.

• MCR1
                      MCR1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6332 users online. 238 members and 6094 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X