Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know the minimum time required to be spent at your first duty station before you are allowed to transfer somewhere else?

Comment

• Matt8538
      Matt8538 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I understand there is no time limit and you can basically request a transfer your first day. But there must be an opening where you want to go and both directors must sign off for you to go, which can be hassle from what Ive read but it's been getting better over the years

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt is more or less correct. However...what is minimally required and what is practically necessary in real-world applications...that is likely to differ.

Realistically, most people will spend years at their original location before much opportunity to move elsewhere pops up.

• anyone has their status on cass stating not applicable? I have mine showing SI not applicable.

Comment

• Matt8538
      Matt8538 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's just what it says it updates very slow sometimes as you go through the process

• Happy702
      Happy702 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did it say N/A - not required ? I'm testing the app and I don't think mine is updated either.

• My cass shows everything checked off... does anyone know how long before i get sent my final offer and if its through email?? I applied for nogales az...

Comment

Editing a comment
      I'm not sure but congratulation !!!!

• Matt8538
      Matt8538 commented
      Editing a comment
      Phone call offering you the spot and final offer, took me prolly. 1 11/2 weeks till they called me. you should recieve some email saying your name has been referred to the scheduling unit then you wait for that call.

• Thanks... i hope its soon

Comment

• 17-7 applicant here, just received my SI date so things are finally moving along again.
      BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        The process is pretty fast once you start it up. I had everything done including my BI within two months of my name being pulled.

36500 commented
        Editing a comment
        Capt what joint are u at?

• Happy702
        Happy702 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 17-7 too. I submitted on 4-30 and turned in my packet. How soon before I get SI and Fit test?

• Capt_Falco
        Capt_Falco commented
        Editing a comment
        I put in for San Ysidro. I had applied to another posting a few months back and did the medical and physical for that announcement but then decided to put in for this location

• Has anyone in this process taken the polygraph 3 or more times? I am being asked to come back for my 3rd time, starting to feel like I am stuck on a hamster wheel. What is the record for most number of Poly visits?

Comment

• Matt8538
        Matt8538 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took 3 to pass

• Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
      Has anyone in this process taken the polygraph 3 or more times? I am being asked to come back for my 3rd time, starting to feel like I am stuck on a hamster wheel. What is the record for most number of Poly visits?
      You should honestly be happy that they are asking you to come back and not just failing you.

I only had to take it once to pass it and my buddies all happen to fail it on the first try. So it is either a really good or bad reason they keep having you come back. They are either trying to pass you or think they found you lying about something big and are trying to get you to confess to it during the poly.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea on when the senate will vote on HR 2213? Polygraph waiver for federal officers and prior military?

Comment

Editing a comment
          I'm following that bill too, looking forward to it!! still no date as far as I'm tracking!

• 17-5 Here (and from what I see maybe the only one )

I just received my SI in Port Clinton OH for mid July. Problem is, I don't remember selecting Port Clinton OH as a location and I don't think I can make the date work as my current employer isn't being to helpful. My question is:

Does anyone have a current list of the Oral Interview Sites that are offered that are close to St. Louis, so when I call the SI Center I can request either a closer location on said date or a new date at Port Clinton OH??

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

You should honestly be happy that they are asking you to come back and not just failing you.

I only had to take it once to pass it and my buddies all happen to fail it on the first try. So it is either a really good or bad reason they keep having you come back. They are either trying to pass you or think they found you lying about something big and are trying to get you to confess to it during the poly.

You can look here for more details on my visits:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...uestions/page2

Fortunately for me, I don't have anything criminal or disqualifying in my background to reveal, so I don't have to worry about any issues like that. It seems as if they are not getting consistent readings, which has been very frustrating for me. I am just wondering will they keep bringing me back until they are satisfied with the readings, or do they ever make a call at some point? That is why I am wanted to see if anyone had been back to a 3rd or 4th appointment.

Comment

• I applied for this CBP 17-7 position this beginning of April 2017 in Northern California. Got the test appointment scheduled 3 weeks later. Took the test in May and got the passing NOR 2 weeks later. Then a day later, I received my tentative letter and e-QIP package. My background up to the day I did my e-QIP online was clear, nothing to be worried about.

However, 3 weeks after I filed my SF-86, I got fired from my job. I made a mistake while on the job, then noticed my mistake and told my supervisor about it to have it fixed. I was able to fix the problem, but the company still wanted to separate me. So they fired me.

Right after I got fired, I received my e-QIP rejection letter about section 16 - people who know you well. I have to do it all over again. One difference is that, now my employment history will be bad because I got fired.

Would getting fired from a previous job be something that makes one not pass the background check ?

Thanks in advance,
            Last edited by Cutyprovt12; 06-24-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe. Count on it being an issue. How much of an issue it might be depends on the particulars behind your firing.

• Originally posted by Cutyprovt12 View Post
            I applied for this CBP 17-7 position this beginning of April 2017 in Northern California. Got the test appointment scheduled 3 weeks later. Took the test in May and got the passing NOR 2 weeks later. Then a day later, I received my tentative letter and e-QIP package. My background up to the day I did my e-QIP online was clear, nothing to be worried about.

However, 3 weeks after I filed my SF-86, I got fired from my job. I made a mistake while on the job, then noticed my mistake and told my supervisor about it to have it fixed. I was able to fix the problem, but the company still wanted to separate me. So they fired me.

Right after I got fired, I received my e-QIP rejection letter about section 16 - people who know you well. I have to do it all over again. One difference is that, now my employment history will be bad because I got fired.

Would getting fired from a previous job be something that makes one not pass the background check ?

Thanks in advance,
            Well here is the thing about BI checks. I had a NJP when I was in the Marines which is usually a pretty big deal and can be a big hit on your record. But if you disclose it for your BI they don't take it in a bad way. Their BIs take into account all of your history. So say you had 10 jobs in the past but only got fired from one they wouldn't use the one firing as a huge decision maker.

Just disclose it once you meet with your investigator and explained what happened. They will find out a bunch of stuff about you by interviewing coworkers and people you know. So getting fired from one job is not a big deal. I would suggest you DO NOT take the preclearance if you are worried about your BI. I have seen officers who get hired on a preclearance and then get fired when it doesn't clear due to whatever reasons.

Since this happened after your filed the Equip they shouldn't make it a big deal when you let them know during the interview. If you can update the equip right now because it got kicked back you should do so.

Just sit back, Take a breath, and disclose everything. You should be fine. This isn't a TS clearance it is just a public trust/
            Last edited by fathitman; 06-24-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless something has changed recently, it's Tier 5 background investigation, vetted for a TS clearance.

Not that the average CBPO will ever actually receive any actual clearance.

• Alright well I applied for CBP might as well I figure... Currently BOP picking up a WS-8 in Sept already have my transfer date. I assume that CBP will step me out to match that pay assuming i get that far in their process??

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              You'll probably will lose money...at least in the short term.

Ultimately as a CBPO a person currently tops as a GS-12. Depending on location and shift/overtime preference and availability, it's a 90K-130K+ job. Most of the ports currently being offered, especially those off the Mexican border, probably will end up being far closer to 100K than 130K.

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
            Alright well I applied for CBP might as well I figure... Currently BOP picking up a WS-8 in Sept already have my transfer date. I assume that CBP will step me out to match that pay assuming i get that far in their process??
            They'll probably match your current pay, at least as far as GS-05/10...or a GS-07/10, if they qualified you as a GS/07 hire. I doubt that they'll match that September salary increase, especially if you get picked up anytime this calendar year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
              Alright well I applied for CBP might as well I figure... Currently BOP picking up a WS-8 in Sept already have my transfer date. I assume that CBP will step me out to match that pay assuming i get that far in their process??
              Depends on what you put in for.

Being BOP you qualify for their targeting Law Enforcement posting which you need to apply for. They will hire you on as a 9-1 most likely.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7949 users online. 392 members and 7557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X