300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salihagicbojan View Post
    Hey guys!!! Long time reader of this post I applied back in December and finished the poly a few weeks ago. Today I got an email saying "The CBP Hiring Center has submitted your packet to the Office of Professional Responsibility OPR for higher level review" Does anyone know does this mean my background is done or they just starting on it?
    Your CSS will show you that info. It will say if your background is completed on there.

Usually when they submit the packet it will get kicked back with more questions for you to clarify. My investigator submitted mine four times before they cleared me. Every time I had to meet with him again to clarify on things they wanted to know about. Granted it was a military stuff so if you don't have military background it might not get kicked back as much.

My BI cleared within a month of starting but they told me the expedited mine to get me hired quicker. But I also have had BI's done within the past five years so that could have helped out as well.
    Last edited by fathitman; 06-09-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• For anyone that is curious, this is my up to date timeline. I applied out of San Diego.
      Announcement CBPO 17-6 to San Ysidro
      3/26 Applied
      4/13 Exam
      4/24 NOR
      5/4 Tentative selection and BI packet
      5/7 Submitted BI
      5/19 Medical
      5/24 BI rejected and resubmitted
      5/25 BI released to OPR
      6/9 PFT

Comment

• Kalabaw18
        Kalabaw18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello! Same announemt here dis everything to same as u. Except my medical is under further evaluation and the BI didnt say anything yet. Did they sawnd u an email wjen they saent it to OPR?

• dcbp1776
        dcbp1776 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, that's awesome! I received an email when they released my Bi to OPR.

• Originally posted by dcbp1776 View Post
      For anyone that is curious, this is my up to date timeline. I applied out of San Diego.
      Announcement CBPO 17-6 to San Ysidro
      3/26 Applied
      4/13 Exam
      4/24 NOR
      5/4 Tentative selection and BI packet
      5/7 Submitted BI
      5/19 Medical
      5/24 BI rejected and resubmitted
      5/25 BI released to OPR
      6/9 PFT
      Hey I just did my medical yesterday and already received the email to do the schedule the pft1, I'm a bit confused I have read that there is a step test or is it replaced by the 1.5 run? It also gave me the option of submitting my own or test anyone else get that?

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post

Hey I just did my medical yesterday and already received the email to do the schedule the pft1, I'm a bit confused I have read that there is a step test or is it replaced by the 1.5 run? It also gave me the option of submitting my own or test anyone else get that?
        Sweet, that's fast. As of now there is only one PFT and that involves 20 sit-ups in 1min, 12 push-ups in 1min, and the 5min step test at 120steps per minute. As for the former PFT2 *CBPO applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to complete a PFT-2. CBPO applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration. (pulled directly from cbp.gov). I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the PFT has to be proctored by a CBP contracted company.

Comment

• Yeah I'm a little confused on the step test does it last 5 minutes or what?

Comment

• Kalabaw18
            Kalabaw18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it does. 120 steps per minute for 5 minutes. Where are you doin your PFT?

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post
          Yeah I'm a little confused on the step test does it last 5 minutes or what?
          Yeah, if you go to cbp.gov they have a sample video on there. It's a 12" box that you step up and down from. Goes for 5 minutes at 120 steps per minute.

Comment

• Ok that's what I thought, I'm out of Georgia.

Comment

• I'm getting close. Did the "random" drug test this morning. Anyone know how it takes for results to clear? Received an email this afternoon for the medical self certification form as well.

Comment

• dcbp1776
                dcbp1776 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude, that's awesome! All you have left is the PFT2 right? Once you pass that I'm sure you'll get a Academy start date.

• Good day, don't know if this has been asked but does full time TSA experience count for GS-5?

Comment

• ES90
                ES90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. I qualified for GS-7 with my TSA experience, 2 years TSO and 1 LTSO.

• Thanks for the info

Comment

• Recieved an email saying my BI was released, I know there are no exact time tables but what are some of your experiences, I'm under the VRA announcement, and have not moved in 6 years. Most of my info is the same from the military so I assume it will be relatively easy.

Comment

• Anyone ETSing from the military with multiples PCSing? just curious on what will be my timeline of my BI due to so many PCS.

I had applied for two announcements back in Jan 17-4 GS7 and 17-6 GS9. I have taken the PFT -complete Medical - further eval, and entrance exam. looking forward for the SI and Poly.

Comment

• Quick question

So I pulled my app about 5 months ago and just recently reapplied to the 9 posting for LEO or military.

I finished the whole process and my BI was cleared but I pulled the app so I could get my medical stuff sorted out with the VA. So now that I reapplied will they just pull my name and use all the stuff from my prior application? I had every step done including the BI and just had the final PFT and secondary medical packet to send in.

Everything is still under a year from when I did it.

Comment

• Does the CASS checklist have Polygraph test? Cause mine doesnt have one does that mean i dont need to do it?

Comment

• dcbp1776
                        dcbp1776 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kalabaw18 Sweet! I'm from Orange County but live in San Diego now, Bonita to be more exact.

• Kalabaw18
                        Kalabaw18 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        dcbp1776 oh not to far from me im here at ocean view hills otay mesa. Hope everything goes well with us and maybe work together! Goodluck!

• dcbp1776
                        dcbp1776 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kalabaw18 Small world, I was renting in Ocean View Hills (west port view dr. and mariner dr.) before I bought in Bonita. Who knows, maybe we'll academy together. Good luck man!

• dcbp1776
                        dcbp1776 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How'd your SI go bro? Kalabaw18

• Hello, I am currently in the Cbp process and I just received my medical result which were determined as "further evaluation" does anyone what that means?

Comment

• Matt8538
                        Matt8538 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You'll most likely recieve some paperwork I believe real quick and have to go see one of your doctors for further testing or to get an okay that's your good in the category in question

• Obi
                        Obi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very thank you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10707 users online. 484 members and 10223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X