300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post

Merlin, thank you for the reply. I did not think of the benefits I would have by showing the academy on my resume.
    Do you know if you obtain any college credits from FLETC that you can add to college transcripts ? It is possible to obtain 29 credits at many academy's on Long Island and NYPD

thanks
    It's up to individual schools to give what credit they will give but many, if not most, will give some sort of accreditation.

If it's college you're looking for, Champlain College offers something like 70% off to DHS employees. I think it ends up being 7K per year vs 30K. Champlain College's campus is in Burlington, VT. Plus, I believe they offer the same deal to your spouse and kids. There are other similar deals out there for DHS/CBP employees at other schools.

You could jump into CBP, stick a few years in Vermont, pick up a degree for both you and your spouse...and then look to either relocate back to JFK or leave for NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post

Merlin, thank you for the reply. I did not think of the benefits I would have by showing the academy on my resume.
      Do you know if you obtain any college credits from FLETC that you can add to college transcripts ? It is possible to obtain 29 credits at many academy's on Long Island and NYPD

thanks
      there was a sign up when i was at FLETC that www.ccga.edu would give you college credits for attending FLETC under certain programs. CCGA is accredited and part of the university system of GA

Comment

• Just applied to CBPO direct hire gs 9 and BPA direct hire 7. Looking for California. Former fed LEO, Current local LEO looking to get back into the fed system.

Comment

• For those of you that have completed the CBPO hiring process, how long did it take you? I'm going on a year next month...

Comment

• toonguy15
            toonguy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in annoucement 17-9, I applied in July 17', exam July 17' Medical in August 17', Fitness exam September 1st 17'. Now awaiting structured interview and polygraph and drug screening

• Originally posted by ES90 View Post
          For those of you that have completed the CBPO hiring process, how long did it take you? I'm going on a year next month...
          It's been a year for me also. The port I applied to had a hiring incentive so they must have had a good deal of vacancies which is why I don't understand the slow pace. I have been waiting for the the drug test. Everything else was complete 3 months ago. I have a feeling there wont be any more spots left when I finish so I'll probably have to apply to another location. Good luck, I hope things pick up for us both.

Comment

• Same, waiting on the drug test and PFT2. Haven't heard anything from my BI since the end of April so I can only assume the package is being reviewed, I hope... Getting impatient over here.

Comment

• Good morning everyone.

I'm new here. Nice to meet you guys and gals.

I took the polygraph back in November of 2014, and unfortunately failed. I just a couple of questions:

1. Can I reapply for the position in November of this year? Do I have to start the process ALL OVER?

2. Last August due to squats, I've been having some issues with my left knee. It's not painful (though a little discomfort once in awhile), and it doesn't restrict me from doing squats at the gym, as long as my form is good. Sometimes there's slight discomfort, but it doesn't restrict from any other activities. If I do squat down, like squatting down to grab something, there may be a some discomfort. Do you guys think that will disqualify me from the medical? I can run without knee pain.

Thank you guys and gals.
              Last edited by ACATS; 06-05-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Anyone 17-6 ? I took fitness test last week and just waiting to hear back about a date for the structured interview then drug test.

Comment

Editing a comment
                  Im 17-6 as well, still waiting for SI and Poly. did my medical and it still saying my medical is still being review by the nurse assigned to my case.

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
                Thanks for all the info.

I chose to accept their offer to EOD if I receive provisional clearance. I sent that form back signed yesterday & today they released my background investigation package to OPR.

I just applied last month so I know I've a long way to go. Is the meeting with the BI way further along in the process like after they interview all of your contacts? Once they're almost finished?
                Did you receive a paper form or was it the electronic signature?

Comment

• Originally posted by ACATS View Post
                  Good morning everyone.

I'm new here. Nice to meet you guys and gals.

I took the polygraph back in November of 2014, and unfortunately failed. I just a couple of questions:

1. Can I reapply for the position in November of this year? Do I have to start the process ALL OVER?

2. Last August due to squats, I've been having some issues with my left knee. It's not painful (though a little discomfort once in awhile), and it doesn't restrict me from doing squats at the gym, as long as my form is good. Sometimes there's slight discomfort, but it doesn't restrict from any other activities. If I do squat down, like squatting down to grab something, there may be a some discomfort. Do you guys think that will disqualify me from the medical? I can run without knee pain.

Thank you guys and gals.
                  Sadly all your pre-employment steps would have expired.
                  Also when you disclose to MHC your knee troubles they will ask you to get your doctor's opinion of it and how it will affect your performance on the job. This extra paperwork will delay your medical for around 3 months.
                  Last edited by TypclTryHard; 06-05-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TypclTryHard View Post

Sadly all your pre-employment steps would have expired.
                    Also when you disclose to MHC your knee troubles they will ask you to get your doctor's opinion of it and how it will affect your performance on the job. This extra paperwork will delay your medical for around 3 months.
                    Been sitting on my secondary medical stuff for five months now. My doc said I would be fine and signed off but the medical officer dealing with my app seems to be taking his time.

I reapplied to the 9 opening to see if that will get my process moving again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rs645 View Post

Did you receive a paper form or was it the electronic signature?
                      Hey there. It was an electronic signature. Nothing special it seems. Everyone is asked to sign it.

Comment

Hey there. It was an electronic signature. Nothing special it seems. Everyone is asked to sign it.
                        copy. did you get a SI date yet? you are for the San ysidro port right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rs645 View Post

copy. did you get a SI date yet? you are for the San ysidro port right?
                          Yessir that is correct. I applied to San Ysidro. 17-7 announcement

No I've not received a date for my SI yet. In-fact I had received no further communication since my medical exam on 5/18. So I sent an email to my client service rep at CHS & received a reply yesterday afternoon stating that the facility hadn't sent my results & that she was going to contact them to have it faxed over immediately. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm presuming that my PF1 will be next & then the SI after that.

How far along in the process are you? You're San Ysidro too? Which announcement?

Comment

• oceanbeach
                            oceanbeach commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Scratch that I just saw your earlier post. 17-6 & waiting on SI.

Yessir that is correct. I applied to San Ysidro. 17-7 announcement

No I've not received a date for my SI yet. In-fact I had received no further communication since my medical exam on 5/18. So I sent an email to my client service rep at CHS & received a reply yesterday afternoon stating that the facility hadn't sent my results & that she was going to contact them to have it faxed over immediately. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm presuming that my PF1 will be next & then the SI after that.

How far along in the process are you? You're San Ysidro too? Which announcement?
                          I did the pft-1 on 05/26 got the green check mark yesterday on the cass system. That is very frustrating, I was thinking the same thing cause the system did not update. The only check boxes I have left are structured interview, drug, and background inv. And yup San ysidro

Comment

• Kalabaw18
                            Kalabaw18 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We are in the same announcement 17-6 Rs645 just waiting to for the SI did my pft 1 may 19.
                            Last edited by Kalabaw18; 06-08-2017, 12:27 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8034 users online. 356 members and 7678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X