300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
    I'm totally baffled at how many people's BIs are starting after others, being sent to D.C. after others, and somehow seem to be getting pushed through. The rate of clearing doesn't seem to have anything to do with critical needs.
    'Critical needs' has little to do with anything other than the need to create applicants for certain locations/areas. It's really not all that relevant beyond that. It has little to do with any actual need to put people on the ground.

Depending on the area it's attached to it, it might get one a TO a bit sooner(or might not)...but that's about it. Don't expect the 'critical needs' jargon to have much meaning beyond that meaning which the MHC tagged to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      Eh, I think that's stretching it a bit. There can be many things that can prolong the time. As I said before, the sheer amount of files that adjudicators need to look at and examine before making a determination is probably the biggest factor. Beyond that, it can be any combination of reasons. Mine was parking tickets that the adjudicator thought were moving violations that I didn't list. They scrutinized it and looked into it and this and that until they finally called me to ask me about it. I guess I'm trying to say that they aren't really in the business of just saying "well I GUESS he's good to go." They're going to take all the time and resources they need to make the right determination the first time. I don't think the time gone by waiting for the BI to clear has much bearing on if you're getting a NOPA or not.
      Good example on the parking tickets. I didn't really realize that they would scrutinize over that type of thing. They asked if I had ever had tickets over $150. I said "no". It's been 11 years since I was even pulled over. I don't think that it was a $150 ticket but I don't really remember. But it's interesting to know that things like that could hold you up.

I'm really clean, but it makes me wonder what they could be finding to pick at and over analyze. Makes me wonder what they could be looking at that I didn't even consider would be anything worth taking a second look at.

Thanks again for your input.

Comment

Good example on the parking tickets. I didn't really realize that they would scrutinize over that type of thing. They asked if I had ever had tickets over $150. I said "no". It's been 11 years since I was even pulled over. I don't think that it was a $150 ticket but I don't really remember. But it's interesting to know that things like that could hold you up.

I'm really clean, but it makes me wonder what they could be finding to pick at and over analyze. Makes me wonder what they could be looking at that I didn't even consider would be anything worth taking a second look at.

Thanks again for your input.
        Yea, they called me up and wanted me to explain them, but after I mentioned they were parking tickets, they pretty much told me "oh nevermind." They wanted to know if they were moving violations, even though they were both WAY under the 150 dollar mark. So you never know, they might see that, your file gets stuck in a pile of 'follow ups' or something, and it prolongs it. Or maybe a magical fairy decides how they look at applicants. No one is for certain.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Took the drug test today, so I'm finished with all the steps. Still waiting for everything to clear. The only things that are completed in CASS for me are pre-employment forms and fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            'Critical needs'
            Question Merlin: Do you know (or believe) that there is a difference in how they attempt to classify a port in needing more people? After reading your post, it occured to me that they no longer use the term "critical needs" and now use "many vacancies" instead. Do you see a difference between that (e.g. there are many vacancies in the port that need to be filled versus many vacancies to fill up the applicant spots, as you've previously described before)?

Comment

Question Merlin: Do you know (or believe) that there is a difference in how they attempt to classify a port in needing more people? After reading your post, it occured to me that they no longer use the term "critical needs" and now use "many vacancies" instead. Do you see a difference between that (e.g. there are many vacancies in the port that need to be filled versus many vacancies to fill up the applicant spots, as you've previously described before)?
              I believe that those "many vacancies" and "critical needs" mean that those locations just need more qualified applicants for the future. If for whatever reason (mass retirements, firings, whatever) a port finds itself severely under staffed, they will have people waiting in the pipeline to fill those slots. As opposed to having to start recruiting applicants at the last minute.

Comment

Yea, they called me up and wanted me to explain them, but after I mentioned they were parking tickets, they pretty much told me "oh nevermind." They wanted to know if they were moving violations, even though they were both WAY under the 150 dollar mark. So you never know, they might see that, your file gets stuck in a pile of 'follow ups' or something, and it prolongs it. Or maybe a magical fairy decides how they look at applicants. No one is for certain.
                The only thing that I have been concerned about was when the investigator asked me if I have ever been questioned involving the discharge of a firearm, I answered, "Yes". The investigator was about to write "no" and almost looked shocked when I told him yes.

I had a friend commit suicide in my house with my gun. I wasn't home and wasn't charged, but I was questioned. At any rate, I wonder if on paper that warrants further investigation (i.e. contacting the department that handled the report, receive transcripts and tapes of my statements).

Comment

The only thing that I have been concerned about was when the investigator asked me if I have ever been questioned involving the discharge of a firearm, I answered, "Yes". The investigator was about to write "no" and almost looked shocked when I told him yes.

I had a friend commit suicide in my house with my gun. I wasn't home and wasn't charged, but I was questioned. At any rate, I wonder if on paper that warrants further investigation (i.e. contacting the department that handled the report, receive transcripts and tapes of my statements).
                  No doubt they will look at that. But you weren't charged, you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about your friend too.

Comment

No doubt they will look at that. But you weren't charged, you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about your friend too.
                    Thanks. Actually, I'm more angry than I am hurt about it now. It just goes to show you the selfishness of people who that that kind of thing. It affected me huge at that time, both financially as well as emotionally. And now it may be still affecting me by delaying my employment. I sure hope that no one is waiting for the reporting PD to send them documents, because it took me months of hounding them before I got my property back.

No charges. Actually, the detective took my statements in his car instead of taking me downtown. He said that, because I didn't enter the room, I wasn't considered a suspect and only needed to give a statement rather than an interrogation

Comment

• hey i have been reading this forum for a while...thanks everyone for all the good insight...JUST FYI i am in the process for LA/Long Beach score 88...

Test: Aug 8
                      Forms completed - Oct 8
                      Quas - Completed G7 Early October
                      Medical/ Fitness - Completed late september
                      Interview - took 11/12/08 Completed 11/20
                      Background - met with invest 11/5/08 Completed on on Cass 11/7
                      Drug - 11/13/08 cleared 11/19

Comment

• Originally posted by jman26 View Post
                        hey i have been reading this forum for a while...thanks everyone for all the good insight...JUST FYI i am in the process for LA/Long Beach score 88...

Forms completed - Oct 8
                        Interview - took 11/12/08 Completed 11/20
                        What about your VBT?

Comment

What about your VBT?
                          VBT was 11/12 completed 11/20..so everything is done!!

Forms completed - Oct 8
                          VBT Interview - took 11/12/08 Completed 11/20

Comment

• Pawn:
                            You met your investigator a month ago... some people get pushed through, others are left in a pile and forgotten... it's just the way it goes!
                            You need to worry about a NOPA when 6 months have gone by and you're still waiting to be cleared. Most of the people don't realize how lucky they are when they get a "completed" BI before they even meet their investigator or even 3 days after they meet... All it means, is that, they were pushed through due to the needs of the port at that moment (this I was told by my adjudicator) and in no way does it mean that they are "cleared" and good to go. Some get pulled out during FLETC, or while EOD, and as someone else here mentioned... they might not get their credentials on graduation day...
                            No rhyme or reason, you simply have to roll with the flow... patience is the only advice, and don't even try to figure out why it would take them so long to clear you... you'll never nail it... In my case I had a few misunderstandings, and a comment from my investigator that's had me waiting still... so you never know
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• just finished meeting my investigator.. total time was about 1 hour. she liked my Mayors Award story

Comment

• ALSO.... VBT's are graded at the Port you take it in, they are not sent out to DC to be graded.....

I know someone posted a comment about this, and I wanted to clarify it...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10004 users online. 425 members and 9579 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X