300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
    so here's a question. I do my usual ritual of checking the phone cass a few times a day, and this morning my background was pending. This afternoon, I got a message that says they can no longer find me in the system. Is this something I need to worry about? Maybe they are going to not hire me, and I'll get a letter in a day or two?

Thanks
    Thats a tough call. Ive heard where it has been a glitch and then it shows back up. Sometimes you fat finger the digits on the phone. But also know that when you are knocked out of the process, the first thing to disappear is the phone line CASS. Just try and stay positive and give it a couple days.

Comment

• e-quip on a mac

Has anyone filled out the equip on a mac computer. It says specifically in the pre employment package not to but I don't have access to a windows machine. Anyone know if there is a good reason why I shouldn't give it a try? If its web based what's the difference?

Comment

• I've done multiple E-qip on my Macbook, just make sure your using FireFox rather then Safari.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          Has anyone filled out the equip on a mac computer. It says specifically in the pre employment package not to but I don't have access to a windows machine. Anyone know if there is a good reason why I shouldn't give it a try? If its web based what's the difference?
          I believe I STARTED to on my home Powerbook. I suggest you do it in Firefox. It handles the system E-quip uses just fine in terms of inputting your answers and information. I finished it on a Windows machine. In any case, go to a public or university library if you're looking for a Windows PC.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response guys. Gonna give it a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              I believe I STARTED to on my home Powerbook. I suggest you do it in Firefox. It handles the system E-quip uses just fine in terms of inputting your answers and information. I finished it on a Windows machine. In any case, go to a public or university library if you're looking for a Windows PC.
              Yeah and then watch the librarian punch you for printing out 3 or 4 copies of that 100 page sf-86, haha

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Yeah and then watch the librarian punch you for printing out 3 or 4 copies of that 100 page sf-86, haha
                Well I worked in a uni library when I was in college (and when I did my SF-86). All free for me! Although if I were a normal student it would have been 5 cents a page, 10 if I want my SF-86 to be pretty and in color!

Comment

• Can anyone clarify?

I don't understand why some people clear their BI a week after meeting with their investigator, and others take months.

I emailed the MHC and got a standardized type response that it depends on verifying past residences and such....but isn't that what the investigator did? So, after the investigator passes it on, doesn't it go to the adjudicator for review? And then, if there's nothing objectionable in your file, viola....TSU?
                  Last edited by Pawn922; 11-20-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                    Can anyone clarify?

I don't understand why some people clear their BI a week after meeting with their investigator, and others take months.

I emailed the MHC and got a standardized type response that it depends on verifying past residences and such....but isn't that what the investigator did? So, after the investigator passes it on, doesn't it go to the adjudicator for review? And then, if there's nothing adverse in your file, viola....TSU?
                    Your file goes to scheduling once all of your steps get cleared (e.g. all those bullets in CASS need to be checked off).

There's no way to comment on your BI situation. You have the process right though. It goes to an adjudicator and gets reviewed. It can be awhile, seeing as they are getting tons of BIs to look at, especially now that we're this far into the hiring cycle from the August testers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                      No, I took it on 11/05. Today was the first day it said completed.
                      Called the hotline and VBT is completed. Took it on 11/05 as well. Now just the background and qualifications left.
                      CBPO- Hawaii
                      Written: 07/31/08
                      TO: 09/23/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                      Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                      Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                      Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                      VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                      BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                      Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                      Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                      TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• I appreciate the reply sap.

I should have clarified, TSU after BI, assuming your BI is the last thing to clear in CASS.

I'm totally baffled at how many people's BIs are starting after others, being sent to D.C. after others, and somehow seem to be getting pushed through. The rate of clearing doesn't seem to have anything to do with critical needs.

So what affects one persons BI being cleared almost as soon as the investigator is done, while another sits for months. (I don't assume that anyone who doesn't work for MHC or is an adjudicator would have the answer to that, it's just nice to vent).

Also, despite the FAQs timeline of 2-4 months to clear, is it safe to assume that if you haven’t gotten a clearance in under a month that you should start watching the mail for a letter asking for some additional clarification(previously referred to as a NOPA)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                          I appreciate the reply sap.

I should have clarified, TSU after BI, assuming your BI is the last thing to clear in CASS.

I'm totally baffled at how many people's BIs are starting after others, being sent to D.C. after others, and somehow seem to be getting pushed through. The rate of clearing doesn't seem to have anything to do with critical needs.

So what affects one persons BI being cleared almost as soon as the investigator is done, while another sits for months. (I don't assume that anyone who doesn't work for MHC or is an adjudicator would have the answer to that, it's just nice to vent).

Also, despite the FAQs timeline of 2-4 months to clear, is it safe to assume that if you haven’t gotten a clearance in under a month that you should start watching the mail for a letter asking for some additional clarification(previously referred to as a NOPA)?
                          Eh, I think that's stretching it a bit. There can be many things that can prolong the time. As I said before, the sheer amount of files that adjudicators need to look at and examine before making a determination is probably the biggest factor. Beyond that, it can be any combination of reasons. Mine was parking tickets that the adjudicator thought were moving violations that I didn't list. They scrutinized it and looked into it and this and that until they finally called me to ask me about it. I guess I'm trying to say that they aren't really in the business of just saying "well I GUESS he's good to go." They're going to take all the time and resources they need to make the right determination the first time. I don't think the time gone by waiting for the BI to clear has much bearing on if you're getting a NOPA or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            Eh, I think that's stretching it a bit. There can be many things that can prolong the time. As I said before, the sheer amount of files that adjudicators need to look at and examine before making a determination is probably the biggest factor. Beyond that, it can be any combination of reasons. Mine was parking tickets that the adjudicator thought were moving violations that I didn't list. They scrutinized it and looked into it and this and that until they finally called me to ask me about it. I guess I'm trying to say that they aren't really in the business of just saying "well I GUESS he's good to go." They're going to take all the time and resources they need to make the right determination the first time. I don't think the time gone by waiting for the BI to clear has much bearing on if you're getting a NOPA or not.
                            And like ive posted on here many times before, "completed" in CASS doesnt mean adjudicated. It just means your investigators have "completed" their work and turned the files in.

Comment

• WHOO HOOO I check the job hot-line and it says my VBT is completed and I took it on 11/3.

All that is left is my medical!

Comment

• HOT DIGGITY DOG!

Just checked the phone status line, and it says I passed the VBT! Doesn't say I'm in TSU yet, but I imagine I'll be there soon! ALRIGHT!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13586 users online. 495 members and 13091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X