Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the preclearance route and my BI never mentioned anything about it when I met with him. How long did you guys wait to hear anything after meeting with the BI?

Comment

• Thanks for all the info.

I chose to accept their offer to EOD if I receive provisional clearance. I sent that form back signed yesterday & today they released my background investigation package to OPR.

I just applied last month so I know I've a long way to go. Is the meeting with the BI way further along in the process like after they interview all of your contacts? Once they're almost finished?

Comment

• 16-7

I am schedule to take PFT2 in 2 weeks in Miami Florida. Have anyone taken PFT2 recently? If so how was it and in what order was it given . Was the whole test outdoor? Is it one on one or group test? Any information will be helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sc7 View Post
          16-7

I am schedule to take PFT2 in 2 weeks in Miami Florida. Have anyone taken PFT2 recently? If so how was it and in what order was it given . Was the whole test outdoor? Is it one on one or group test? Any information will be helpful.
          I take mine in 2 weeks also what's your academy start date??? Mine however is for a northern port but we might have the same academy class.

Comment

• B O Double
            B O Double commented
            Editing a comment
            What northern port did you apply to?

• Matt8538
            Matt8538 commented
            Editing a comment
            B O Double I'm heading to Massena. NY

• Didn't they get rid of the PFT 2 until you are at the academy now?

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post
            Didn't they get rid of the PFT 2 until you are at the academy now?
            Only for the most recent job postings, anyone that applied to a posting a few months back or longer will still have to do it.

Comment

• Can anyone who's completed their background check tell me their experience with the BI contacting their current employer. I'd rather avoid my boss being blind sided by a BI showing up to interview him about my application before I sit him down & let him know that he should expect it.

Also any experience with out of country relatives being interviewed? My parents & siblings live in Europe & I'm wondering is that going to slow down the process? Do they contact them by email? Do they have foreign workers who would do the interview in person?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
                Can anyone who's completed their background check tell me their experience with the BI contacting their current employer. I'd rather avoid my boss being blind sided by a BI showing up to interview him about my application before I sit him down & let him know that he should expect it.

Also any experience with out of country relatives being interviewed? My parents & siblings live in Europe & I'm wondering is that going to slow down the process? Do they contact them by email? Do they have foreign workers who would do the interview in person?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                I have not been through this investigation but, I have been through multiple tier 5 background investigatiins wich is more stringent than this. As i understand, this is just for a public trust clearance.

During my tier 5, most of the time they just called the person. If there is a meeting, they will not just show up, they will call and schedule a time.

I would just tell your boss and anyone else you list that they may be contacted to verify they know u in the capacity that you listed them. They may be asked some questions about you. Other than that, there isnt really anything else u need to tell them.

Comment

• It is, or at least was, a SSBI investigation with add-ons. Reinvestigated every 5 years. I believe that's a tier 5 investigation under the new classification.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

With the 65% failure rate for the polygraph I would focus more on NYPD..
                    I hear you. I have nothing to hide but I know some people describe it as a roll of the dice. However I took nypd exam 7326 at the start of 2017. That means 1 to 4 years until hire date even know the rumor is apd has improved their hiring process. Not to mention the test before me 7323 has 14,000 applicants.
                    I wouldn't want to go through FLETC and work in Vermont just to up and quit for nypd. Apparently many of my co workers don't feel the same sentiment as I do but that is a lot of money the govt is spending. Besides I would like it up in Vermont. But my wife leaving her great job and selling our home sounds pretty brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post

I hear you. I have nothing to hide but I know some people describe it as a roll of the dice. However I took nypd exam 7326 at the start of 2017. That means 1 to 4 years until hire date even know the rumor is apd has improved their hiring process. Not to mention the test before me 7323 has 14,000 applicants.
                      I wouldn't want to go through FLETC and work in Vermont just to up and quit for nypd. Apparently many of my co workers don't feel the same sentiment as I do but that is a lot of money the govt is spending. Besides I would like it up in Vermont. But my wife leaving her great job and selling our home sounds pretty brutal.
                      I remember doing the NJ Civil Service Test when I got out of the Marines. With my preference points and good test score I was ranked 560 out of 15,000 people. Got hired by the BOP and NJDOC didn't send me a letter about starting my application process till 3 years later.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I took my test a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them if I passed or failed?

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post

I can't speak as to the NYPD specifically, but having another academy graduation certificate and a few years experience doing some other law enforcement duties often looks good on the resume... especially when looking to promote within an agency. It often makes a person appear more unique and adds percieved value.

I wouldn't worry about what the goverment spends for training. It won't bother the agency at all. If it did we'd see far more efforts put into retention, recruitment and morale boosting than what's currently the case.

Comment

• Hello, I am new to this forum and see it looks like everyone else has been here for a while. My process is just starting. Can anyone tell me step by step what happens after applying? I know you get the test invite via email that has to be completed in 72 hours.... what's next ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

I can't speak as to the NYPD specifically, but having another academy graduation certificate and a few years experience doing some other law enforcement duties often looks good on the resume... especially when looking to promote within an agency. It often makes a person appear more unique and adds percieved value.

I wouldn't worry about what the goverment spends for training. It won't bother the agency at all. If it did we'd see far more efforts put into retention, recruitment and morale boosting than what's currently the case.
                              Merlin, thank you for the reply. I did not think of the benefits I would have by showing the academy on my resume.
                              Do you know if you obtain any college credits from FLETC that you can add to college transcripts ? It is possible to obtain 29 credits at many academy's on Long Island and NYPD

thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4904 users online. 225 members and 4679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X