X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean, BI is in the "security office"/

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

I applied through a VRA announcement and got referred in January. I have my polygraph on the 24th. So do the math. There no such thing as a quick process even for vets.
      The job announcement said that hiring events were already scheduled at certain bases and if you choose them they would be a two day event. Bragg and Cambell were closest to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post

The job announcement said that hiring events were already scheduled at certain bases and if you choose them they would be a two day event. Bragg and Cambell were closest to me.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• I see....my announcement didn't have that.
          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
            Have my si and poly left. I am wondering what the chances are of transferring from derby line vt to JFK. How Soon are you able to attempt a transfer ? Assuming I get the job.
            I currently own a home on Long Island with my wife. I'm much further into the process with cbp than I am with nypd. And I would prefer cbp, however I wasn't smart enough to wait for a JFK announcement
            Personally, I wouldn't count on any location being easy/quick to relocate from/to.

You can pretty much attempt a transfer from day one. How successful a non-academy graduate, probationary employee would be in selling a transfer...and how many avenues actually would be open that early in a career...that makes the likely practical outcome challenging, IMO.

Comment

• Assuming that CBP has similar rules to the Fed agency I work for, I would expect something like this, in order to transfer you must have been in your current position 1 year, wherever you want to go must be accepting transfers, you must have no disciplinary actions etc. If no current CBP chime in with specifics I'll talk to someone I know that is familiar with CBP workings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ES90 View Post
                Assuming that CBP has similar rules to the Fed agency I work for, I would expect something like this, in order to transfer you must have been in your current position 1 year, wherever you want to go must be accepting transfers, you must have no disciplinary actions etc. If no current CBP chime in with specifics I'll talk to someone I know that is familiar with CBP workings.
                That probably holds true for a voluntary reassignment around the agency these days.

Really, it depends on how one defines a "transfer".
                They've been approving one-on-one swaps at the academy recently. Some of the recent laterals require one to have reached journeyman status...and some do not. Most, if not all, of the
                out-of-country and specialty positions will likely require one to be a GS-12 as well.

Then there's the NROB national relocation program. I'm not sure their minimums, but it's largely seniority driven. As of today, I've yet to met a successful NROBer. For some though, it's a workable option.

Comment

• Merlin and es90 thank you very much for the responses.

Comment

• Anyone know what the typical work schedule/hours are at the airports? Is overtime mandatory?

Comment

• Depends on the airport, they all have different operating hours. If there are other volunteers for OT then it's not mandatory but you will find yourself being drafted for OT even if you don't want it at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
                        Have my si and poly left. I am wondering what the chances are of transferring from derby line vt to JFK. How Soon are you able to attempt a transfer ? Assuming I get the job.
                        I currently own a home on Long Island with my wife. I'm much further into the process with cbp than I am with nypd. And I would prefer cbp, however I wasn't smart enough to wait for a JFK announcement
                        With the 65% failure rate for the polygraph I would focus more on NYPD..

Comment

• Hey there,

I was contacted today to complete the "provisional clearance" form. Is this a regular part of everyone's' process? Just curious!

Comment

• fathitman
                            fathitman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Preclearance is a normal thing for any federal job.

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
                          Hey there,

I was contacted today to complete the "provisional clearance" form. Is this a regular part of everyone's' process? Just curious!

Yes this is normal for any job that requires a clearance to work for them.

Basically you do your EQIP to start the investigation. They will also send you a form to fill out if you want to get hired on a preclearance which basically means they will hire you before your background is done which increases the speed to get hired since the backgrounds can take months to get finished.

You have two options. To get hired with a preclearance which will get you a job faster but you run the risk of your background not passing and you will be fired when that happens. The second option is to opt-out of the preclearance and have to wait till your background is completed and then they will give you a job offer. This choice is the safer route if you are not in a rush to get hired.

I have seen officers fail their background all the time and get fired even after working for the agency for a year

Comment

• Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel View Post
                            The House Homeland Security Committee passed a bill which would allow CBP to waive polygraphs for some applicants. It is expected to got to a floor vote at the House soon. Here are the people who could receive a waiver:

Current state and local law enforcement personnel who have cleared a polygraph test;

Federal law enforcement agents who have passed a security background check; and

Veterans with three consecutive years in the military who have held a security clearance and passed background checks.https://homeland.house.gov/bill/h-r-2213-anti-border-corruption-reauthorization-act-2017/
                            I got mine waived. I just found put my waiver request was approved. You have to submit the OPR polygragh waiver request form.

The current requirments you have to meet are.
                            1. In the past 5 years you have undergone a tier 5 background investigation.
                            2. You currently jold a final top secret security clearance issued without waiver/exception.
                            3. You currently have access to sensitive compartmented information (SCI) wich means you are currently read on.
                            4. You qualify as a veteran.

Thats directly from the form amd as far as i know the only current way to bypass the poly

Comment

• Cicir1989
                              Cicir1989 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Where can I find the waiver for the poly?

• he123
                              he123 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Last edited by he123; 06-12-2017, 05:11 PM.

• I did the preclearance route and when I met with my BI for that step he said that he had to have everything done in 2 weeks and submitted there really trying to move people through quick

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7241 users online. 332 members and 6909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X