Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 months? Sheesh, I'm at 10 months and they're not even done with my BI yet. I'm a current Federal employee too. Well, good luck!

Comment

• B O Double
      B O Double commented
      Editing a comment
      What announcement did you apply to?

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      16-10 last July.

• B O Double
      B O Double commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a 2yr process.

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

The PFT1 should be at the same time of your physical. So you don't want to drink any of that stuff since they will be doing the physical.
    I did the PFT1 on a different day than my medical.
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

I did the PFT1 on a different day than my medical.
      Ah I know they were expediting my app. I had everything done within 3 months and my BI cleared in 1 month. If I didn't have my disability rating from the VA I would be hired already but that delayed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Ah I know they were expediting my app. I had everything done within 3 months and my BI cleared in 1 month. If I didn't have my disability rating from the VA I would be hired already but that delayed me.
        Nice...I had my SI today so let's see what's the outcome. One of the supervisors said it was obvious that I am former law enforcement. I got to shoot the **** with them while I did my live-scan. Cool guys.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• B O Double
          B O Double commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. What announcement did you apply to?

• Well I passed my SI so I guess the polygraph is next. 17-3 here.

Comment

• Anybody here have already taken the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post
            Anybody here have already taken the polygraph?
            Just stick to your answers and don't overthink stuff.

Also you passing or failing relies on if you get a good examiner.

So with the PFT2 removed for the pre employment process do you guys know if they are doing it at the start of the academy? Or is it just totally taken out and they just do the final PFT to graduate?

Comment

• I just chatted with some BP & OFO recruiters at a hiring event recently. They just told me it was being discontinued, didn't mention anything about it being later in the process. From my understanding they're hoping to just "whip" people into shape while they're at the academy instead of eliminating them earlier in the process.

Being that the qualifications were not difficult for the PF2 to begin with it seems kinda scary to think who'll be shipped off to the academy without it & what their fitness levels may turn out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
                I just chatted with some BP & OFO recruiters at a hiring event recently. They just told me it was being discontinued, didn't mention anything about it being later in the process. From my understanding they're hoping to just "whip" people into shape while they're at the academy instead of eliminating them earlier in the process.

Being that the qualifications were not difficult for the PF2 to begin with it seems kinda scary to think who'll be shipped off to the academy without it & what their fitness levels may turn out to be.
                Not really..state and local agencies don t require a 1 1/2 run test for the hiring process. CBP academy is not a Marine Corps bootcamp so most will pass the fitness standards. From what former BP agents who are now with OFO state is the CBP academy is easy.

Comment

• Most creditable sources claim that the BP academy is more challenging physically, and the CBPO academy more challenging academically.

Regardless, the CBPO position typically requires no more than average physical fitness. Further, it's physical requirements are driven by a historically relevant but currently vestigial drive to hire large numbers of late 30's and older people...who were long the mainstay of early CBPO and legacy Inspector positions. Also, the desire to hire large numbers of females and other minorities influences the overall standards.

Comment

• Has anyone here applied through the veterans announcement? I just recently took the entrance exam and elected to go to a designated 2 day hiring process location. How long after passing the test did you know anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post
                      Has anyone here applied through the veterans announcement? I just recently took the entrance exam and elected to go to a designated 2 day hiring process location. How long after passing the test did you know anything else?
                      I applied through a VRA announcement and got referred in January. I have my polygraph on the 24th. So do the math. There no such thing as a quick process even for vets.

Comment

• B O Double
                        B O Double commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What announcement did you apply to?

• 17-3 Announcement

Comment

• 17-3 Announcement

Comment

• Have my si and poly left. I am wondering what the chances are of transferring from derby line vt to JFK. How Soon are you able to attempt a transfer ? Assuming I get the job.
                          I currently own a home on Long Island with my wife. I'm much further into the process with cbp than I am with nypd. And I would prefer cbp, however I wasn't smart enough to wait for a JFK announcement

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13551 users online. 491 members and 13060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X