Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ES90 View Post
    Any clue when that will take effect?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g...194/?tid=a_inl

    Page​​
    9
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

    Comment


    • That's great, but doesn't answer my question from what I can tell? Have they already canned the PFT2? My BI should be about done, so I'm nearing the end hopefully and I'm curious if I should still expect to take PFT2.

      Comment


      • Sc7
        Sc7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, pft2 is still a requirements if you apply prior to announcement 17-3.
        I am 16-7 and have pft2 schedule for june

    • Originally posted by ES90 View Post

      That's great, but doesn't answer my question from what I can tell? Have they already canned the PFT2? My BI should be about done, so I'm nearing the end hopefully and I'm curious if I should still expect to take PFT2.
      It all depends on which announcement you applied for. Some will still be required to take the PFT2, others will not.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ES90 View Post

        That's great, but doesn't answer my question from what I can tell? Have they already canned the PFT2? My BI should be about done, so I'm nearing the end hopefully and I'm curious if I should still expect to take PFT2.
        One guy on another forum stated they cancelled his PFT-2. I assume they will call you.

        forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages/26332/1
        Last edited by valetudo39; 04-28-2017, 11:58 PM.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

        Comment


        • Anyone who has applied to announcement 17-3 or later will no longer be required to take a PFT-2.

          Comment


          • The PFT2 is easy.... Honestly a bad idea getting rid of it. If they want more applicants they should just get rid of the poly because I know plenty of guys who could easily do the pft2 but failed the poly.

            I guess PT at the academy isn't all that bad? I know they probably have a lot of cardio and DT training but I didn't see CBP doing a ton of PT when I was down in FLETC.

            Guess injury rates will go up at the academy due to people being out of shape when getting there.

            Physical Fitness Screening: You may be required to successfully pass a physical fitness test(s). Please see the Pre-employment Fitness Test-1 Readiness Program for additional information. This is a 6 week program designed to assist you in achieving a level of physical fitness that will help you successfully pass the CBP fitness tests.

            Next they probably will take away the spanish requirement when working the southern border lol. That is one reason I only applied for northern ports. If I wanted to learn spanish I would just do BP.

            Does anyone know if ports have gov housing since they are in the middle of nowhere.
            Last edited by fathitman; 04-29-2017, 02:36 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by fathitman View Post

              Does anyone know if ports have gov housing since they are in the middle of nowhere.
              Some ports have government housing...most do not.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fathitman View Post
                The PFT2 is easy.... Honestly a bad idea getting rid of it. If they want more applicants they should just get rid of the poly because I know plenty of guys who could easily do the pft2 but failed the poly.

                I guess PT at the academy isn't all that bad? I know they probably have a lot of cardio and DT training but I didn't see CBP doing a ton of PT when I was down in FLETC.

                Guess injury rates will go up at the academy due to people being out of shape when getting there.

                Physical Fitness Screening: You may be required to successfully pass a physical fitness test(s). Please see the Pre-employment Fitness Test-1 Readiness Program for additional information. This is a 6 week program designed to assist you in achieving a level of physical fitness that will help you successfully pass the CBP fitness tests.

                Next they probably will take away the spanish requirement when working the southern border lol. That is one reason I only applied for northern ports. If I wanted to learn spanish I would just do BP.

                Does anyone know if ports have gov housing since they are in the middle of nowhere.
                No ****...I would rather them get rid of the polygraph instead
                Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

                  No ****...I would rather them get rid of the polygraph instead

                  Seriously, seems like they're paying attention to the wrong thing. I would rather work next to someone who is fit and can watch my back versus someone who can pass the flawed Cbp polygraph test but can't do push-ups or run 1.5 miles. Don't get me wrong, I believe the polygraph has its place in the hiring of a federal leo, but when there's a failure rate of over 60% and multiple horror stories of a 6-8 hour interrogation something's not right. I still haven't taken the poly but I'm hoping my experience goes better.

                  BOP 10/04/2015

                  Comment


                  • Got called for my PFT-2 about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know the amount of rest allowed between each exercise, if at all? I've been battling shin splints the last few months.

                    Also, after I took the poly last year the instructor said "someone will call you for the PFT-2, if they don't get rid of it by then. They've been talking about canning the entire PFT-2." I wonder if they will cancel mine or not. Regardless, I'm icing my shins, using foam rollers, lacrosse balls, etc. to ensure I pass the run. I can bang out the spring and the run separately but when doing them back to back the shin splints flare up like crazy.

                    I wonder if not passing the PFT-2 will disqualify you now that they've cancelled them for future classes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post


                      Seriously, seems like they're paying attention to the wrong thing. I would rather work next to someone who is fit and can watch my back versus someone who can pass the flawed Cbp polygraph test but can't do push-ups or run 1.5 miles. Don't get me wrong, I believe the polygraph has its place in the hiring of a federal leo, but when there's a failure rate of over 60% and multiple horror stories of a 6-8 hour interrogation something's not right. I still haven't taken the poly but I'm hoping my experience goes better.
                      I see both sides of the argument. I don't want someone incredibly out of shape to have my back, whether very skinny/weak or very overweight but I also don't want someone with psych issues and a gun having my back either.

                      Regarding the poly, I had one of those horror stories. 8 hours, nothing more than a granola bar and a bottle of water. Ran out of time, had to come back in and do it again for another 4 hours. Examiner, as nice as he was, spoke in a very monotone voice like Ben Stein (Bueller?) and I actually started nodding off. That exam was inconclusive because of that, so I went back in for a third time with a different examiner to go over the 2 questions I nodded off on the previous time. So yeah, I took it 3 times. I'm lucky they gave me another shot. I would have been so bummed if I failed because I almost fell asleep.
                      Last edited by Ferdinand; 05-01-2017, 09:32 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Granted I haven't done the PFT-2 yet, but the requirements seem so easy compared to other Fed agencies I've looked into. I don't really know how you fail it assuming you've been working out for at least part of the year you've been waiting to get the call LOL. I don't consider my self in shape but I still more than double the the minimum push ups and sit ups. I didn't have a great Poly experience either but I passed my 2nd try. They should be finding an alternative to the Poly and keep the PFT's.

                        Comment


                        • How long did it take to receive a call from your BI after passing the polygraph??? Recently got the ok from the guy, i know it still has to go through qc.

                          Comment


                          • Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between a normal announcement and a direct hire one? There is a direct hire announcement out currently.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oef_vet View Post
                              Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between a normal announcement and a direct hire one? There is a direct hire announcement out currently.
                              Per OPM website, it allows agencies to create a faster applicant list without having to rate/rank candidates and give veterans preference points etc when there are several hard to fill spots. It also takes away the rule of 3 were for each position to be filled you must select from the highest 3 rated applicants.

                              I saw the same announcement pop up but if you already applied I'm not sure if there is any benefit in reapplying to that one if already in the process.
                              BOP 10/04/2015

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6461 users online. 263 members and 6198 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X