Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BI doesn't even start as far as I'm aware until your Poly results are cleared by QC. The BI is a long process and it doesn't make any sense starting it until you pass the SI. Lots of money wasted if you go and fail the SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by ES90 View Post
      The BI doesn't even start as far as I'm aware until your Poly results are cleared by QC. The BI is a long process and it doesn't make any sense starting it until you pass the SI. Lots of money wasted if you go and fail the SI.
      My BI was only a month long to clear which was insanely fast.

Comment

• Has anyone ever got unfavorable polygraph results and tried to appeal them? I'm having a really hard time understanding how one email said my results were supported and sent to opr and then my other email said opr said they were unfavorable results. It blows my mind a little bit.

I'm emailing personal left and write to find out some type of answer or the very least retake the polygraph.

Any help from anyo e would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

My BI was only a month long to clear which was insanely fast.
          Woah. What are dates are you basing that off of?? Hope mine is that quick.

Comment

• After passing or getting through everything mostly are you able to defer a start date if you have a reason or a injury that happened while going through the process?? Not sure what cbps defer policy is if anyone knows

Comment

• Medical is sent in for review, Just got the scheduling email for pft1, most likely 5/1 or 5/2 in Queens again I believe.
              Has me working out even harder right now, I am only able to get about 25 sit ups (min is 20) and 30 pushups, but I don't think that will get me a passing score of 80. They state the minimum scores do not give you a passing score of 80, which confused me quite a bit.

Comment

• gnikbgnak13
                gnikbgnak13 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if you get the minimum, you'll pass. I certainly did it get to 30 push-ups and still passed.

• That's amazing. I was stopped at the minimums and rushed to do the next test. I was in and out of that doctor's office within 12-14 minutes tops. I'm not complaining; just a bit taken by some of the post that state some had to do the loft and slide test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                After passing or getting through everything mostly are you able to defer a start date if you have a reason or a injury that happened while going through the process?? Not sure what cbps defer policy is if anyone knows
                You can ask.

I would imagine a deferment for an injury would be rather scrutinized.

I've heard of people getting some deferment time in the past for personal things like weddings and vacations.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
                  Medical is sent in for review, Just got the scheduling email for pft1, most likely 5/1 or 5/2 in Queens again I believe.
                  Has me working out even harder right now, I am only able to get about 25 sit ups (min is 20) and 30 pushups, but I don't think that will get me a passing score of 80. They state the minimum scores do not give you a passing score of 80, which confused me quite a bit.
                  It's pass or fail.....
                  Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by ES90 View Post

Woah. What are dates are you basing that off of?? Hope mine is that quick.
                    I was informed they expedited my BI by the investigator who basically said they wanted mine to be submitted within a week of my first interview with them. Maybe because I already have a BI for my current agency but it is probably because they are hurting for people right now as well. Add in my disabled veteran status and high score on the testing they probably wanted to get me to the academy as quick as possible. Right now I pulled my application due to them needing more medical stuff about my rating. So once I get my stuff together for my rating I will reapply and just pick up where I left off.

Also may have helped that I declined to take the job offer until I had a clearance already. Didn't want to go to a new agency without the BI being completed already.

Kinda sucks I had to pull my app for Massena NY, but there are always more canadian ports opening hiring so I can wait until another good one opens up.
                    Last edited by fathitman; 04-20-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Massena isn't all that high on the list of "good" Canadian ports...depending, of course, on one's priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Massena isn't all that high on the list of "good" Canadian ports...depending, of course, on one's priorities.
                        Anything with more than 100 people towns is good for the northern ports as a new hire.

I don't understand how people get hired at some of those ports with the closest town being 50 miles away with like 100 people in the town.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

I was informed they expedited my BI by the investigator who basically said they wanted mine to be submitted within a week of my first interview with them. Maybe because I already have a BI for my current agency but it is probably because they are hurting for people right now as well. Add in my disabled veteran status and high score on the testing they probably wanted to get me to the academy as quick as possible. Right now I pulled my application due to them needing more medical stuff about my rating. So once I get my stuff together for my rating I will reapply and just pick up where I left off.

Also may have helped that I declined to take the job offer until I had a clearance already. Didn't want to go to a new agency without the BI being completed already.

Kinda sucks I had to pull my app for Massena NY, but there are always more canadian ports opening hiring so I can wait until another good one opens up.
                          Can i ask if u still have a security clearance from being a vet. Im currently getting out. I just sent in my polygraph waiver form and wondering if u went through same process? My e quips just got sent to OPM but i have already completed a SSBI investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac132 View Post

Can i ask if u still have a security clearance from being a vet. Im currently getting out. I just sent in my polygraph waiver form and wondering if u went through same process? My e quips just got sent to OPM but i have already completed a SSBI investigation.
                            Polygraph waiver form?.....what is the requirements for that?
                            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

Polygraph waiver form?.....what is the requirements for that?
                              -Have to be a vet
                              -Have a T​​​​​​S/SCI
                              - not have been granted any waivers in recieving that clearance
                              - And be currently read on

Those are the main ones

Comment

• Bassboy
                                Bassboy commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Is that top secret only? I had a secret when I was in. But I got out like 5 years ago. You think they would still give me the waiver?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6638 users online. 336 members and 6302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X