300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post

SI is before. I believe polygraph is the last step and if you pass then you do the pft-2 about 30 days before your EOD date.
    Wait..so if you pass polygraph then move onto pft-2 instead of meeting the background investigator?
    I have seen some people met their BI after their polygraph and some was not.

Comment

• Merlin,Thanks for the reply.

Also, Can someone clarify the scoring on pft-1. I have the step test down but trying to improve the 1st portion(sit ups, pushups, side step and lift and lowers)
      If I am grading correctly than, if I complete 20 pushups, 25 sit ups,7 touches on the side step and the 8 lifts. I score a 60? therefore fail. What is the minimum you need to do on each portion to score an 80?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by vv076 View Post

Wait..so if you pass polygraph then move onto pft-2 instead of meeting the background investigator?
        I have seen some people met their BI after their polygraph and some was not.
        Depends.

I opted to not get hired until my BC was done so I met with my guy right away.

Comment

• I'm a 15-1 CBPO applicant. Was recently notified that my BI has cleared and just took my final drug test. I have 3 questions...

1. Are the next steps receiving a start date and scheduling for PFT2? (not necessarily in that order)
          2. Is there a general time frame I should expect the call? Is it closer to a couple of weeks or a couple of months?
          3. Do I immediately get a call for FLETC or do I start employment at my location first for a few weeks then get sent to FLETC? I've heard conflicting things.

Comment

• There's little real set-in-stone order to the process as a whole. There are many generalities, but also many exceptions to most rules.

"Needs of the service", however dated, best describes much of the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
              I'm a 15-1 CBPO applicant. Was recently notified that my BI has cleared and just took my final drug test. I have 3 questions...

1. Are the next steps receiving a start date and scheduling for PFT2? (not necessarily in that order)
              2. Is there a general time frame I should expect the call? Is it closer to a couple of weeks or a couple of months?
              3. Do I immediately get a call for FLETC or do I start employment at my location first for a few weeks then get sent to FLETC? I've heard conflicting things.
              There's a pre-academy prior to the start at FLETC. Usually, pre-academy is roughly 4 weeks long. Sometimes, as certain situations dictate, it's shorter...or longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

There's a pre-academy prior to the start at FLETC. Usually, pre-academy is roughly 4 weeks long. Sometimes, as certain situations dictate, it's shorter...or longer.
                Basically a month working at the port as a shadow to other officers?

Must be nice to go to Glynco quickly. I worked for the BOP for 7 months until I finally got sent to FLETC. Was kind of funny with the instructors trying to teach you how to do the job while you already know everything from the 7 months of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Basically a month working at the port as a shadow to other officers?

Must be nice to go to Glynco quickly. I worked for the BOP for 7 months until I finally got sent to FLETC. Was kind of funny with the instructors trying to teach you how to do the job while you already know everything from the 7 months of work.
                  Yeah, basically a month of pre-academy.

They used to pretty much direct hire...pre-academy was put into place years back to give a person a taste of the location and job so, if they were apt to quit quickly, they'd quit before the expense of academy training.

It's a limited amount of job shadowing, especially in the larger and more formalized ports. They won't let a new hire do much as far as actual work or related experience during pre-academy. Mostly it'll be setting up employment options like payroll deductions(insurance, retirement, etc.), computer-based training, and busy work. Even the post-academy graduates really don't get to do the meat of the job after they return to their port... not until after months of post-academy training.

I doubt the average pre-academy trainee brings much knowledge or work experience to the academy that'll mean much at the academy.

Comment

• Can anyone give me a scoring scenario for pft1, I am pretty sure I see how to score an 80 or above, but I am wondering what the minimum break down is to obtain the passing score, I get foggy on the side step, lift/lower test, is the lift lower an automatic 8 points towards the 80?
                    Thanks and Happy Easter.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post
                      Can anyone give me a scoring scenario for pft1, I am pretty sure I see how to score an 80 or above, but I am wondering what the minimum break down is to obtain the passing score, I get foggy on the side step, lift/lower test, is the lift lower an automatic 8 points towards the 80?
                      Thanks and Happy Easter.
                      I don't know about the points but the minimum is 20 sit-ups in 60 secs, 12 push ups in 60 secs, 8 line crosses in 10 secs for the side step, 8 cycles of lift/lower in 60 secs and the 5 min step test. Make sure you pay attention to the cadence for the step test. Try to listen it to it or practice before the test. I didn't actually listen to it until the night before and it totally caught me off guard. It was fast as hell! lol. I didn't focus on the minimums. I just went in and did everything as quickly as I could until the time ran out.

Comment

• Just received an email for unfavorable results on my polygraph. Does anyone know who I can contact to apeal the decision. Even though the email I got said the decision is final.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post

I don't know about the points but the minimum is 20 sit-ups in 60 secs, 12 push ups in 60 secs, 8 line crosses in 10 secs for the side step, 8 cycles of lift/lower in 60 secs and the 5 min step test. Make sure you pay attention to the cadence for the step test. Try to listen it to it or practice before the test. I didn't actually listen to it until the night before and it totally caught me off guard. It was fast as hell! lol. I didn't focus on the minimums. I just went in and did everything as quickly as I could until the time ran out.
                          Thank you, waiting on the email to schedule pft1, NOR, TSL, medical, e qip came and went so fast, curious to see how the rest plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
                            Just received an email for unfavorable results on my polygraph. Does anyone know who I can contact to apeal the decision. Even though the email I got said the decision is final.
                            Wow man, sorry to hear that. That's a very real outcome for so many applicants it really is a shame. That's pretty much the worst outcome I could imagine from this whole process, so much time, effort & hopes gone into it only to be shot down with nowhere else to go.

I don't have an answer to your question about how to appeal it but I wish you luck in your efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by birddog71 View Post

Thank you, waiting on the email to schedule pft1, NOR, TSL, medical, e qip came and went so fast, curious to see how the rest plays out.
                              All of that went by really quickly for me too. I got stuck in medical for awhile b/c I had to get some clearances and I'm still waiting for my background to finish, I think that's probably what takes the longest for most people.

Comment

• Question: Once you are scheduled for SI that does not mean that your BI is complete correct? I just find it odd that they would schedule the SI prior to background check clearing. I have not received a phone call from the Investigator. SI is scheduled in 3 weeks.

Comment

• gnikbgnak13
                                  gnikbgnak13 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  The SI is one of the 1st steps. My SI was about 2 weeks after my medical, and my poly wasn't scheduled until 5 months later.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9827 users online. 443 members and 9384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X