300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
    No, I took it on 11/05. Today was the first day it said completed.
    Two weeks on the dot. Sounds about right.

But honestly that just depresses me knowing I have to wait that long.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• so here's a question. I do my usual ritual of checking the phone cass a few times a day, and this morning my background was pending. This afternoon, I got a message that says they can no longer find me in the system. Is this something I need to worry about? Maybe they are going to not hire me, and I'll get a letter in a day or two?

Thanks
      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
        so here's a question. I do my usual ritual of checking the phone cass a few times a day, and this morning my background was pending. This afternoon, I got a message that says they can no longer find me in the system. Is this something I need to worry about? Maybe they are going to not hire me, and I'll get a letter in a day or two?

Thanks
        What does CASS online say?

Comment

• Finally chiming in

Hey all,

After reading these forums for quite a while, I finally decided to register and chime in about where I am in the progress. I wish everyone luck in the progress

I rec'd a call today from HR stating that they were putting my packet together to pass over to the Training & Selections Unit, but there was a missing form that wasn't signed. They emailed me the form and I signed and faxed it back.

Does anyone have a ROUGH idea what the timeline is between the Training & Selections Unit receiving your packet and getting a phone call for a position offer? I put in for Florida (Other)

Also, does anyone know if Florida (Other) includes Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm and Port Everglades, or are those areas under the Miami hiring area? I've heard that it is part of the Miami hiring area, and that it is part of the Florida (Other) area. Just looking for some clarification.

Thanks,
          Slickness

Comment

• If your geo pref includes Miami Int'l, you'll be EODing in no time. Other than that I'm not too sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              What does CASS online say?
              It still shows background pending. Although I'm not reading too much into that since in my experience, cass online is two to three weeks behind.
              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
              July 09 Oral Board

Comment

It still shows background pending. Although I'm not reading too much into that since in my experience, cass online is two to three weeks behind.
                My vote is most likely a glitch, but it doesn't hurt to shoot an email to MHC. The status line sometimes gets very wonky and outtages occur with it.

That being said, and I don't mean to scare you, but the last time this happened to a guy on this board, I believe it's because they withdrew his application. But his login for CASS online AND the status line disappeared almost instantaneously. The bottom line is to not put too much stock into any of it and shoot a feeler email to MHC.

Comment

so here's a question. I do my usual ritual of checking the phone cass a few times a day, and this morning my background was pending. This afternoon, I got a message that says they can no longer find me in the system. Is this something I need to worry about? Maybe they are going to not hire me, and I'll get a letter in a day or two?

Thanks

Did you complete all the other steps except the background? Also, is there any reason you could think of why they would withdraw your application?

Comment

• my status

I have been lurking for a while and decided as well to share my status.

Tested: Early august score of 86 (No veteran's Preferance)

Tentative offer: September for Washington State All other areas.

Fitness Test: Completed and passed 10/10/08

VBT: Taken on 11/4/08 Waiting on results

Background Investigation: I have met with my Investigator and he is going thru the people I provided, he has come by and talked to my boss.

Medical Pending: Cass says I have been sent a letter requesting more information. I am worried about my Vision may disqualify me. I have heard that they do not proceed to your background investigation if there are any major disqualifiers in your medical, can anyone confirm or deny this? Also if I am disqualified for depth perception, does anyone know if there is any kind of waiver? A family member of mine is a CBP officer and teaches at FLETC and he told me I shouldn't worry about it too much since they have had people come thru who were blind in one eye. Needless to say I am still worried about this.

Drug Test: Scheduled for 11/21/08

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                      Did you complete all the other steps except the background? Also, is there any reason you could think of why they would withdraw your application?
                      Everything is complete except for the background. I had to redo my physical a few weeks ago, so at least I was still good to go then. As far as anything negative goes, I responded to a NOPA a few months back and my adjudicator said it wasn't a big deal. I know my file was sent to the "director" about a month ago, so I'm not sure what to think. Talking with the adjudicator it seemed like a matter of time, but not being in CASS scares me.
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      July 09 Oral Board

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
                        Medical Pending: Cass says I have been sent a letter requesting more information. I am worried about my Vision may disqualify me. I have heard that they do not proceed to your background investigation if there are any major disqualifiers in your medical, can anyone confirm or deny this? Also if I am disqualified for depth perception, does anyone know if there is any kind of waiver? A family member of mine is a CBP officer and teaches at FLETC and he told me I shouldn't worry about it too much since they have had people come thru who were blind in one eye. Needless to say I am still worried about this.
                        Well you are most likely getting an NMC letter, and it's most likely for your vision. I don't have the PEPR in front of me, but I'm almost positive that lack of depth perception is a disqualifier, medically speaking. Read the letter they send you as it will give you the exact reason why you aren't medically cleared and the steps you can take to make it right with the medical team. Additionally, your medical issues have no bearing on your BI. They would continue as if you nothing was a problem, so don't worry too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                          Nice! What port?
                          Calexico, CA
                          TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                          NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                          QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                          GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                          PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                          MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                          FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                          VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                          DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                          BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Nice way to start the new year!
                            yesss I know that's the way I wanted, I have a month old baby and I wanted to spend some time with her before I leave.
                            TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                            NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                            QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                            GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                            PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                            MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                            FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                            VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                            DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                            BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
                              Calexico, CA
                              Let me guess how long you were in TSU....10 minutes?

I kid. I keep reading that they have been HURTING for bodies over there (turnover is high in a city like Calexico, who knew!), so I have a feeling you'll be seeing plenty of overtime. Have fun at FLETC, hopefully I'll be there with you eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
                                I have been lurking for a while and decided as well to share my status.

Tested: Early august score of 86 (No veteran's Preferance)

Tentative offer: September for Washington State All other areas.

Fitness Test: Completed and passed 10/10/08

VBT: Taken on 11/4/08 Waiting on results

Background Investigation: I have met with my Investigator and he is going thru the people I provided, he has come by and talked to my boss.

Drug Test: Scheduled for 11/21/08
                                Welcome to the Forum,

The first thing is, do you actually have a problem with Depth Perception?
                                If not, then they will send you a letter asking you to take the test, at your own cost, with an eye doctor and send the results back. The Standards for depth perception are low for CBPO, you could be below average and still be cleared for it.

I had a similar NMC letter for "NO Depth Perception" which that little machine you look into with the circles and crap came out to be... went to an actual eye doctor, took his test and came out with above average depth perception... only missed one out of all the slides!

You would have to miss more than half of the slides to fail the depth perception test... Hope this helps
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9911 users online. 473 members and 9438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X