300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post
    It goes fast up to the PT-1 then it is a waiting game. There is nothing anyone can do to rush the process.
    I have to agree. I have moved through everything quickly. Most of it done within a month, except the background . That is what has been taking the longest.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv076 View Post
      Does anyone know where/how to rent a room in San Diego for the first 30 days when you report to the unit at San Ysidro port? Hotel & Motel are a bit pricy. Air b&b does not have any room for more than 30 days; even if they do, prices are not friendly at all.

Thanks
      Let me know if you end up getting a start date for your 30 day Pre-accadamy duty. My roommate is out of town for the summer so I had planned on subleasing her room short term.

Alphaguy thanks so much again for your response. I'm on vacation this week. Hopefully I return home with the anticipated mail having already arrived.

Strange though I got an email notification from Usajobs today saying my application status had changed. So it's now gone from "Received" to "reviewed" and back to "received". Seems a bit odd. Anyone else have that same experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post

Let me know if you end up getting a start date for your 30 day Pre-accadamy duty. My roommate is out of town for the summer so I had planned on subleasing her room short term.

Alphaguy thanks so much again for your response. I'm on vacation this week. Hopefully I return home with the anticipated mail having already arrived.

Strange though I got an email notification from Usajobs today saying my application status had changed. So it's now gone from "Received" to "reviewed" and back to "received". Seems a bit odd. Anyone else have that same experience?

Youre welcome Oceanbeach! My co worker hasn't received his MHC "congrats letter" either. Idk why it slowed down like it has. But then again it's just a hurry up and wait type of environment. Enjoy your vacation ttyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
          Just received an email for my structured interview on 4/14 for the 17-2 application. Any new word on the polygraph for LEO or veterans?
          Watch this video and you will see what's going on within BP, CBP and ICE. San Ysidro port is down 350 bodies.....no wonder people don't like it there.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/hearing...d-requirements
          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Comment

• hello,

im new to these forums and have started the CBPO hiring process. wondering if anyone might know the answers to this

Currently i'm still in the Army as an EOD Tech. Does Having an active TS/SCI exempt you from the Poly and the back ground investigation as that SSBI has already been completed through the DOD.

Was wondering as I check my CASS its says:
              Structured Interview - not applicable
              Back ground investigation - not applicable

any info would be great, thanks

Comment

• My background investigator called me today. He's setting up an interview for this week to go over the E-QIP. For those curious here's my pre-employment timeline as of now. I applied for Highgate Springs, VT, did my SI in Detroit and Poly in Indianapolis.
                - Applied for 16-10 07/08/16
                - Received NOR 07/22/2016 (still had a valid score from previous attempt)
                - Tentative selection 8/10/2016
                - Received background packet 08/15/2016
                - SI email 08/29/2016
                - SI 09/02/2016
                - SI NOR 09/07/2016
                - Medical exam/PFT 1 emails 09/07/2016
                - Passed PFT1 09/28/2016
                - Poly date received 11/10/2016
                - Poly taken 11/30/2016 (results inconclusive)
                - Date for 2nd Poly received 12/14/2016
                - 2nd Poly completed 01/12/2017
                - BI interview call 03/29/2017
                Last edited by ES90; 03-30-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ES90 View Post
                  My background investigator called me today. He's setting up an interview for this week to go over the E-QIP. For those curious here's my pre-employment timeline as of now.
                  - Applied for 16-10 07/08/16
                  - Received NOR 07/22/2016 (still had a valid score from previous attempt)
                  - Tentative selection 8/10/2016
                  - Received background packet 08/15/2016
                  - SI email 08/29/2016
                  - SI 09/02/2016
                  - SI NOR 09/07/2016
                  - Medical exam/PFT 1 emails 09/07/2016
                  - Passed PFT1 09/28/2016
                  - Poly date received 11/10/2016
                  - Poly taken 11/30/2016 (results inconclusive)
                  - Date for 2nd Poly received 12/14/2016
                  - 2nd Poly completed 01/12/2017
                  - BI interview call 03/29/2017
                  Hey man! Just wanted to ask you a quick question just because it looks like we both applied at the same time and my process is almost identical to yours, the only difference is the location. Which is why you probably are a couple days ahead of me.

With that said. I just has my poly taken on 2/28/17 And according to my examiner my results were also inconclusive. It's been a month now and I haven't received any type of update. I do see that after your second poly it took a little over a month to get your BI interview call. Did your examiner for your poly tell you that your results was also inconclusive or did the HR give you a different answer than the examiner?

Comment

• At the end of my first Poly my examiner was very upfront with me, he told me what I did wrong, stated that he knew I could do better, believed that I would pass a 2nd try given the fact I didn't have anything questionable in my E-QIP and noted that in what he submitted to QC. I was lucky that QC agreed, and I got a 2nd try and passed according to what my examiner told me. I hadn't heard anything from that point until today.

Comment

• Has anyone from the 17-4 announcement heard anything new i.e. Medical exam results etc. everything was moving quickly up until the last 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alphaguy View Post
                        Has anyone from the 17-4 announcement heard anything new i.e. Medical exam results etc. everything was moving quickly up until the last 2 weeks.
                        It was like that for me too, physical and medical came quick and then to get my interview scheduled didn't hear anything for a little over a month, I'm from 17-2 group.
                        BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Alphaguy View Post
                          Has anyone from the 17-4 announcement heard anything new i.e. Medical exam results etc. everything was moving quickly up until the last 2 weeks.
                          The 1st half of my process went by lightening fast. So fast that I was pretty certain I would be in the academy by now. In less than 2 months from testing, everything up to the poly was completed. I had some medical stuff to clear up which I know delayed things, but that's been taken care of now for over a month. Now I'm just waiting for a poly date...still.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post

The 1st half of my process went by lightening fast. So fast that I was pretty certain I would be in the academy by now. In less than 2 months from testing, everything up to the poly was completed. I had some medical stuff to clear up which I know delayed things, but that's been taken care of now for over a month. Now I'm just waiting for a poly date...still.
                            Exactly I mean I can understand to an extent why things would slow down around the BI and/or Poly...but I mean he medical I assumed which I know the saying; would be a thumbs up or down. Even if they want more details on my medical info I thought they would've reached out now after 2 weeks. Oh well the wait continues. Thanks for the feed back everyone

Comment

• You do realize the whole process can take up to a year to get completed especially if you chose not to get picked up until the whole BI is completed.
                              Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• It's been 9 months for me and counting...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8673 users online. 423 members and 8250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X