Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

    Unfortunately, I think that's pretty much a Christmas list for Border Patrol only. I have my doubts if any good from it will befall OFO.
    I can't imagine that they will not include CBP officers since they need officers as well.
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

      I can't imagine that they will not include CBP officers since they need officers as well.
      Well...I looked it over and I didn't see any reference to OFO or CBP Officers. Generally speaking, CBP views CBP Officers and Border Patrol Agents as distinct entities. The omission of anything OFO related was likely intentional, IMO.

      Comment


      • What's up everyone! First time posting....I've really appreciated reading all of your experiences with the CBP hiring process. I'm early in my application, just took my entrance exam on 3/14/17 and have not yet received any results.

        Wondering if any of you out there also applied up the announcement number CBPO 17-6?

        I'm a female. I live in San Diego & have applied to the SWB. It's my understanding that they really need females in this area, probably most areas. Wondering if there's any evidence to support that might expedite the hiring process somewhat or does that even come in to play?

        One thing's for sure, I can see this application experience will really put into practice our patience skills or lack there of. haha

        Comment


        • Hi oceanbeach!

          welcome I'm new here as well. My wife and I both took the exam last month and I can tell you it's moving fast. You would receive your results within a few days. My wife was excited b/c they do state they need females. She Scored in the high 70's on her test (which she received an TOL and she too is in San Diego.

          only thing I heard them (CBP) touch base on as far as expediting the process was San Ysidro and/or veteran status. But I'd like to assume females are moving fast if not faster...again my assumption. We both had medical last week so just an heads up be ready because it seems to be flying by quickly.

          Comment


          • It goes fast up to the PT-1 then it is a waiting game. There is nothing anyone can do to rush the process.
            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

            Comment


            • Thanks Alphaguy for your feedback. That's awesome to hear that both yourself and your wife have moved along successfully in the process thus far.

              I just received my NOR this morning. Only had to wait a week which is awesome. Got a 90 (no veteran points). Pretty happy with that considering that I realized after the test that I spelled potatoes wrong hahaha (I was born in Ireland, hence the irony).

              So now I wait for my tentative offer to arrive, isn't that correct? The email with my NOR had no info on the next step. How long after receiving your NOR did your wife get hers?

              So Alphaguy, where did you do your physical at? Can you give me a brief overview? Did you do your physical and medical the same day? Did either of you find the physical difficult? I am pretty fit so I'm not too worried about it but knowledge is power as they say so anything you can share would be appreciated.


              Comment


              • Hello everyone.... im new here but hopefully some knows... i have completed my pre employment process and have passed everything... how long before i get call fpr tbe academy... and where would the academy be?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by j.c. View Post
                  Hello everyone.... im new here but hopefully some knows... i have completed my pre employment process and have passed everything... how long before i get call fpr tbe academy... and where would the academy be?
                  The academy is in FLETC/Glynco. It's just slightly outside of Brunswick, GA. The current academy is also 89 training days long.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by oceanbeach View Post
                    Thanks Alphaguy for your feedback. That's awesome to hear that both yourself and your wife have moved along successfully in the process thus far.

                    I just received my NOR this morning. Only had to wait a week which is awesome. Got a 90 (no veteran points). Pretty happy with that considering that I realized after the test that I spelled potatoes wrong hahaha (I was born in Ireland, hence the irony).

                    So now I wait for my tentative offer to arrive, isn't that correct? The email with my NOR had no info on the next step. How long after receiving your NOR did your wife get hers?

                    So Alphaguy, where did you do your physical at? Can you give me a brief overview? Did you do your physical and medical the same day? Did either of you find the physical difficult? I am pretty fit so I'm not too worried about it but knowledge is power as they say so anything you can share would be appreciated.


                    Apologies for the delayed response oceanbeach. So now you've received your NORS yes your "congratulations letter is soon to follow. I want to say a few days after. I plan on checking to give you a more accurate date. My co worker received his NOR within a week of taking the exam and it took me two so idk. But you should receive an email for you to schedule your CASS log in first then your medical email to follow. You choose a window for times. I schedule my apt on the first available date for medical.

                    thr medical was super easy. If you get the doctor out of our area you'll be fine. We did not have a drug test but I've read where others have. The test is vision, hearing and motor skills very generic in that regard. Again we're pending medical results but I'll update you as soon as we Herat back.

                    Comment


                    • https://www.spreaker.com/user/bpunio...de-148-mixdown

                      New podcast regarding the polygraphs.
                      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

                      Comment


                      • Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

                        My name is Leexin, I would love to become a CBP officer and I am wondering what are my chances?

                        I took the CBP test on 3/14/17
                        NOR Score 78 received 3/22/17 (non-vet), As an immigrant, I did not do well on the English part I believe.
                        Location: Seattle WA ( I Chose this place because there are many Chinese people in the area and it is a major port for U.S.-China Trade)
                        Language Skill: Chinese Mandarin ( Proficiency F, highest possible)
                        Ethnicity: Asian ( Chinese )
                        Age: 28 years old
                        Gender: Male
                        Education: Master's Degree in Public Administration
                        Experience: Already a federal civilian employee (GS-9) under another agency.
                        I know my test score is low, does that mean this is the end for me? I will never receive a TSL?

                        I appreciate your input. Thank you very much.

                        Respectfully
                        Leexin
                        Last edited by cruffic; 03-23-2017, 07:51 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cruffic View Post
                          Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

                          My name is Leexin, I would love to become a CBP officer and I am wondering what are my chances?

                          I took the CBP test on 3/14/17
                          NOR Score 78 received 3/22/17 (non-vet), As an immigrant, I did not do well on the English part I believe.
                          Location: Seattle WA ( I Chose this place because there are many Chinese people in the area and it is a major port for U.S.-China Trade)
                          Language Skill: Chinese Mandarin ( Proficiency F, highest possible)
                          Ethnicity: Asian ( Chinese )
                          Age: 28 years old
                          Gender: Male
                          Education: Master's Degree in Public Administration
                          Experience: Already a federal civilian employee (GS-9) under another agency.
                          I know my test score is low, does that mean this is the end for me? I will never receive a TSL?

                          I appreciate your input. Thank you very much.

                          Respectfully
                          Leexin
                          Your test score is rather low. It may, or may not be high enough to make the cut.

                          As far as your background goes, I imagine, should you draw a conditional offer, that there will be people looking at your other qualifications salivating over the notion of your hiring. You will pretty much make the workforce profiling and diversity people giddy with the thought of your ethnicity, education and foreign language skills.

                          Comment


                          • Does anyone know where/how to rent a room in San Diego for the first 30 days when you report to the unit at San Ysidro port? Hotel & Motel are a bit pricy. Air b&b does not have any room for more than 30 days; even if they do, prices are not friendly at all.

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vv076 View Post
                              Does anyone know where/how to rent a room in San Diego for the first 30 days when you report to the unit at San Ysidro port? Hotel & Motel are a bit pricy. Air b&b does not have any room for more than 30 days; even if they do, prices are not friendly at all.

                              Thanks
                              Everything in San Diego is going to cost you an arm and leg.
                              Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

                              Comment


                              • Just received an email for my structured interview on 4/14 for the 17-2 application. Any new word on the polygraph for LEO or veterans?
                                BOP 10/04/2015

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5355 users online. 284 members and 5071 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X