300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AMA90 View Post
    CBPO-17-1 that's my announcement number, is yours similar? Same duty location as you too, maybe we end up there together, hopefully eveveuthing works out for both of us
    Yup, that is my announcement number as well. CBPO 17-1. Applied back in October 2016. and yeah, I hope everything will go well for us and other potential candidates in this forum. I just don't want to put too much hope in it. =)) Please keep me posted if you hear anything from them, and I will do the same.

Comment

• Had my Polygraph done today. Took about 6 hrs including an hr of lunch.

During my examination I happen to move my eyes around the wall and floor I was staring so I could stay focused and not space out but apparently that was suspicious for my examiner. At the end he told me that the results showed that I knew what to expect and that there was too much movement with my eyes. Even though that happened throughout the examination he was still unsure about the results.

He said he was going to send the results and to wait for what the outcome would be from the hiring center.

Anybody else have any similar experience? I was very truthful throughout the examination and only reason why I moved my eyes was to avoid spacing out on the bright white wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
        Had my Polygraph done today. Took about 6 hrs including an hr of lunch.

During my examination I happen to move my eyes around the wall and floor I was staring so I could stay focused and not space out but apparently that was suspicious for my examiner. At the end he told me that the results showed that I knew what to expect and that there was too much movement with my eyes. Even though that happened throughout the examination he was still unsure about the results.

He said he was going to send the results and to wait for what the outcome would be from the hiring center.

Anybody else have any similar experience? I was very truthful throughout the examination and only reason why I moved my eyes was to avoid spacing out on the bright white wall.
        This is the same experience as every CBP applicant in the last seven years

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...er-agency.html

The lead recruiters of other major agencies basically call our polygraph and the people that give it 'incompetent' and that they 'dont know what they're doing' in that article.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by vv076 View Post

Yup, that is my announcement number as well. CBPO 17-1. Applied back in October 2016. and yeah, I hope everything will go well for us and other potential candidates in this forum. I just don't want to put too much hope in it. =)) Please keep me posted if you hear anything from them, and I will do the same.
          Applied in October as well, looks like we are at the same stage in the process, I'll keep you posted. Look out for my posts, good luck to you buddy.

Comment

• Anyone that applied to last summer's postings hear anything recently? Took my poly in January and haven't heard anything official yet.

Comment

• I applied for announcement CBPO GS9 17-3 in December. I have turned in my SF-86 through E-Quip, taken the medical and took the PT-1 yesterday. Just waiting to see whats next.
              Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• hey everyone, i applied in february and took ths test the same month. I honestly thought i had flunked the test cause i didnt study except the day before the exam. It had been a busy month for me. But to my surprise i got an 81. I was looking at the video for the 120 steps/min and was wondering is each up and down counted for a step. Sorry if this has been answered in the 3k pages. It does seem like it to me but i just want to make sure to prepare for it. Thanks in advance and sorry again if its a repeated question. Goodluck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_ots View Post
                  hey everyone, i applied in february and took ths test the same month. I honestly thought i had flunked the test cause i didnt study except the day before the exam. It had been a busy month for me. But to my surprise i got an 81. I was looking at the video for the 120 steps/min and was wondering is each up and down counted for a step. Sorry if this has been answered in the 3k pages. It does seem like it to me but i just want to make sure to prepare for it. Thanks in advance and sorry again if its a repeated question. Goodluck to all.
                  Yes, it is, but when i took it, I just stepped up/down until 5 mins is up. As long as you follow the instruction from the radio then you should be good. =) Goodluck!!

Comment

• Hi everyone. Just curious if anyone else received their Tentative Offer Letter today for CBPO 17-4? I received mine this morning for the San Ysidro, CA. I scored an 88 for anyone curious.

Comment

• anyone know how long you wait for your EOD or Pft2 date after your drug screen thats all im needing to get in

Comment

• Originally posted by alaniz19 View Post
                        anyone know how long you wait for your EOD or Pft2 date after your drug screen thats all im needing to get in
                        Hey, how long did you wait for your background investigation? From the date after your polygraph to the date that you know you've passed. Did you also meet your background investigator?
                        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by vv076 View Post

Hey, how long did you wait for your background investigation? From the date after your polygraph to the date that you know you've passed. Did you also meet your background investigator?
                          Thanks
                          I am wondering the same thing.. This is how my process has gone:

Applied in December. Tested on 12/09/16 I believe and received NOR 12/28/16. Medical done on 01/26/17. Eqip done on 01/30/17 . PT-1 done 02/23/17. The only new notice i have received is an NOR on 02/28/17 stating " We are contacting you regarding your tentative selection for a Border Patrol Agent position with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC) has submitted your background investigation packet to the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for higher level review. This is the next step in the process." .

.. I am still waiting, have not received any new information. A friend of mine is about 2-3 weeks ahead of me in the process and recently received an appointment for the board interview scheduled next week.

Comment

• Hey Monika,

thanks for that time line. I wish I was that far ahead. It's been a couple of weeks since receiving my TOL congratulations letter. We're currently awaiting the package to get started. CASS states that we have medical pending but that's it

Comment

• Originally posted by monikarpena View Post

I am wondering the same thing.. This is how my process has gone:

Applied in December. Tested on 12/09/16 I believe and received NOR 12/28/16. Medical done on 01/26/17. Eqip done on 01/30/17 . PT-1 done 02/23/17. The only new notice i have received is an NOR on 02/28/17 stating " We are contacting you regarding your tentative selection for a Border Patrol Agent position with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC) has submitted your background investigation packet to the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for higher level review. This is the next step in the process." .

.. I am still waiting, have not received any new information. A friend of mine is about 2-3 weeks ahead of me in the process and recently received an appointment for the board interview scheduled next week.
                              My buddy got the same email in January and still hasn't heard anything yet so I know I got a few months to go as well.
                              Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

My buddy got the same email in January and still hasn't heard anything yet so I know I got a few months to go as well.
                                I'm in the same boat as you guys, applied to the 17-2 posting. Completed the medical, physical, and my background has been sent to OPR now just waiting for the interview to get scheduled. I am wondering how the recent critiques of the Customs polygraph exam failure rate and the increased need for border protection personnel are going to effect the next crop of applicants.
                                BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7272 users online. 390 members and 6882 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X